Why Me, Lord? - Cover

Why Me, Lord?

Copyright© 2007 by cmsix

Chapter 20

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 20 - Damned if I didn't just want to be left alone. Of course there wasn't one fucking chance of that happening, especially after some asshole found oil near my place.

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Mult   Science Fiction   Time Travel  

When I entered the kitchen through the back door I went straight to the dining room, giving Maybel a short hello as I passed.

My sweethearts, including Sarah, were already seated at the table. I went around giving them each a kiss on the lips, a short one though. When I came to Lilly I noticed she and Lilah were dressed differently now. I gave first Lilly and then Lilah a kiss on the cheek but spoiled their giggles since I called them by name as I did it.

"Sorry Jimmy, no kiss for you," I said, as I came to him. At least it got the giggling going again.

Maybel started in with the food then and I realized at once she didn't have Roberta to help her any longer. I hopped up to do the job myself.

"I can get it Mr Jefferson," Maybel protested.

"I know you can, but you're not going to get to. My arms aren't broken," I said, and it caused Lilly, Lilah, Sarah, and Jimmy to pop up too.

The food was on the table in seconds and we tore into it. At least Jimmy and I did. The women and girls tried to maintain their manners. We were having chicken and dumplings with mashed potatoes and green beans. I nearly made myself sick from eating so much. I didn't even try to get in on the conversations during the meal.

After we were done Sarah took charge of Lilly, Lilah, and Jimmy and led them on a clean the table and wash the dishes picnic. I'm pretty sure they didn't enjoy it much but they didn't make a peep about gaining a chore.

"What's on your agenda this afternoon?" Marjorie asked me.

"Nothing that's more important than doing something to help you if you need me."

"No, I was just curious. We're going back to the store to gossip some more."

"I think I'll hide out in my office then. I need to write myself a few notes about what I've got going on. I have more to keep watch on starting today. If I have time I'm going back to see Gertie again and I'll see if she and the girls have time to come take a look at their new home."

"The girls? What are their names," Sarah asked, sitting down after coming back in from the kitchen.

"That's something else I need to find out. I haven't had time to ask yet. Gertie said they were Oneida's daughters, but apparently Oneita died a few years back and Gertie is riding herd on them now."

"I think I remember her, but I didn't know she'd died," Sarah said.

Conversation took a nosedive after that and within minutes Jimmy was off to watch Johnny and the females were headed back to town in the carriage. Stick was driving and he said he'd be sure to bring it right back when he let them off since I would need it if I could talk the new kitchen crew into coming up for a look. I unsaddled Boots and put him away for now. When Stick returned I got in the carriage and he drove me on down.

Bob was outside looking over the place when we arrived. He came over and I asked how things were going.

"Better than I expected. To tell the truth I really don't have much to do. Mike is taking care of everything. Since I've been wandering around out here, two of the hands have come up to ask me what to do about something, but even I know better than to get that shit started. I reminded them who the foreman was and sent them on their way."

"They're probably just used to doing the same thing with Zeke," I said.

"I'm sure they are, but ain't no way I could even know about what they were asking. One of them wanted to know if we should get the shoes tightened up on Janey. Hell, how would I know which horse Janey was and what shape her shoes were in? Maybe Zeke could keep up with all those details but I sure as hell can't. Looks to me like Mike is going to be doing more bossing than he ever knew," Bob said.

"Hell, it'll work out. How long you figure it'll be before you and Roberta can move in down here?"

"She's done started. Zeke told us he and Zelda would go ahead and get out of the big bedroom if we needed to move in, but I told him we'd just use their guest room until they left. They won't be staying long though. He thinks they'll get gone day after tomorrow. He's even told Gertie that Zelda will be cooking their meals from now on. I guess he wants to make sure she remembers how," Bob said, and laughed.

"I guess this won't be a water hall with the carriage after all. I was hoping Gertie and the girls could come up to the house for a while and get a look at where they were moving to, but if Zelda is doing their cooking now it shouldn't be a problem at all. Can you and Roberta come up for supper tonight without it being a pain?"

"I'm sure we can. It would be a bother for her to try to cook while Zelda was, and there ain't no sense in piling on Zelda to fix our supper too. Most of our stuff is down here already but we really haven't unpacked nothing."

"Why don't you ask Roberta if she can bring enough clothes for tomorrow when y'all come up for supper. That way you could stay in a guest room and eat breakfast with us in the morning," I said.

"We can just stay in the same room we was using."

"I'm gonna try to have it occupied tonight. If I can talk them into it I want Gertie and the girls to stay after I get them up there."

"Ok, I don't expect no fussin' 'bout that from Roberta. Count on it."

I headed to the kitchen door then and Gertie opened the door before I got there.

"Come on in Mr ... uh, Bill. Got some hot coffee and warm cobbler waitin' for you," she said.

"I can already tell you and me are gonna be great friends," I said.

"You keep talkin' like you been doin' and we is. Did you hear 'bout Mr Zeke runnin' me outa my own kitchen?" she asked, and I could tell she didn't like it.

"Well that's his own fault. I came down in that carriage to take you and the girls up to the big house if you'll go."

"Lawd, you must be spiritual to know so fast. I's just wishin' we could go ahead and go. We ain't got a whole lot to carry but we can get by with only a few clothes til Mr Zeke and them is gone. Lemme tell the girls," she said, and rushed off into their version of quarters.

It seemed a little fishy to me, but I ate my cobbler and drank my coffee. Gertie and all four of the girls were back with a pillowcase full of clothes each just as I took my last sip. The funny thing was all their expressions looked relieved.

"Faith, wash up Bill's dishes real quick. We don't want to leave no mess when we go," Gertie said.

"That reminds me Gertie. No one has introduced me to any of the young ladies."

"Lawd. I's supposed to have at least some manners too. That's Faith gettin' the dishes. This is Hope and her twin sister is Charity. The youngest here is Benevolence. Their Momma gave them such pretty names. Benevolence likes to be called Bennie for short though," Gertie said, and they all smiled and did a sort of modified curtsy.

I held the door for them as we left and they were surprised again when they saw we'd be going back in the carriage. Stick was even standing beside it to help them up. It took my help too for Gertie's climb but they were all smiling wide when I got in and Stick took off for home.

"Bill, how did you know we needed to leave so bad today?" Gertie asked.

"I didn't know it. I just came down hoping you'd have time to come take a look. Has something bad happened?"

"Nawsir, not yet, but I know it would have tonight. I don't know what got into Bob and Ted, but it might be cause they's all going away. They never tried to pester the girls before, but I had to run them out of the quarters last night and this morning after breakfast, Bob told me their Daddy told them they didn't have to leave just cause I said so. I know they was coming back tonight.

"I wouldn't have said a cross word if Mr Zeke still owned us, but he don't, and he ain't never let nobody pester the girls no how. I ain't sure that Bob was tellin' me the truth, but even if he was it ain't Mr Zeke's right no more. You owns us now and it's yo right to say," Gertie said.

The first thing I wanted to do was tell Gertie I didn't own them, but it would be counter productive here and now. Gertie, and the girls too probably, were looking for what they thought of as their benefit from having an owner. They wanted protection from me, and I wasn't about to let them down. I didn't think Zeke would have told the boys any such thing either, but I was damned sure going to find out.

"I understand Gertie. I'm going to take you to the house and tell Frank not to let Bob or Ted on my place at all. Then I'm gonna go down and ask Zeke what the hell's going on," I said.

"They whupped Jasper too," Benevolence said.

"What?" Gertie and I both asked.

"I heard them talking about it. They told Jasper they just had to whip him one last time before they left. I think they used their daddy's razor strop," Bennie said.

"Thank you for telling me that Bennie. As soon as I get y'all halfway settled in the house I'm going down and have a talk with Zeke.

Showing them into the house cured all the sad faces and when they saw the quarters and realized that they'd each have a room of their own it was really happy days again. Gertie's new accommodations were the star of the show though, and she was actually crying after she got a look.

I left them with Maybel then and went outside to saddle Boots and ride back down to the new place. Zeke was standing outside and looked like he was taking a last look around.

"Howdy, just taking a last look," he said, confirming my suspicions.

"Howdy Zeke. I'm afraid this ain't such a friendly visit," and I was partly relieved to see the look on his face.

"What's happened?"

"I think it would be better if you asked Bob and Ted, unless you know about it already."

"Bob and Ted. What about them?"

"I really think it'd be best if you found out from them if they'll tell you. You could probably get part of it from Jasper."

"BOB! TED! Get your asses out here right now!" he screamed, and then turned back to me.

"Can't you at least tell me what this is about?" he asked, looking like he was pleading.

"It's about why Gertie, Faith, Hope, Charity, and Benevolence were begging me to take them up to my house about an hour ago."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.