Desert Dropping - Cover

Desert Dropping

Copyright© 2007 by Dominic Lukas

Chapter 9: House of Liars

Drama Sex Story: Chapter 9: House of Liars - Rory has to start over when his mom dies and he moves in with the father he's never met.

Caution: This Drama Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/mt   Teenagers   Consensual   Gay   First  

I wondered if Grandma Alice would let me move back in with her now that I'd made a complete mess of things. I figured that she'd have to. She owed it to me. After all, this was all her fault. Yep, that's right. It made perfect sense to pass all blame to her. After all, she wasn't there to defend herself, and even if she was, I was pretty sure that she'd just give some annoying know-it-all speech and walk away. Besides, it was easy to blame her because the way I saw it, if she had followed my mother's instructions and told me the whole truth in the first place, then I wouldn't have moved to Ari-frikin-zona and turned my apparently homosexual father's life upside-down to the point that his... boyfriend--or whatever Jase was--was about to leave him.

So... maybe it wasn't all Grandma Alice's fault. She never would have approved of me snooping around someone's bedroom, no matter what kind of life-altering stress I happened to be under, not that I really cared what Grandma Alice would or would not approve of at this point.

I turned and looked up the stairs again. Not because of the shouting, this time. It was because of the silence. I guess Luke had made it up there to interrupt Eddie and Jase's argument. I wondered what was being said. I wondered if the three of them would figure out what really happened before they came back down. It wouldn't be that difficult to figure out, really. A simple process of elimination. If they figured out that none of them left that photograph out, then that left me.

At some point as I stood there blankly, waiting for something--anything--to happen, I heard the doorbell ring and wondered if anyone from upstairs was going to come answer it. For some reason I felt incredibly put out when I realized I'd have to do it by myself. I went slowly, the back of my neck prickling. I think I half expected to hear another eruption of shouting from behind, and I was worried that when it happened, it would take me off guard. I didn't need to be off guard right now.

When I opened the front door, it was to find Dave standing there. He was smiling at me. Something I found a little out of place, considering the circumstances.

"Hey, Rory," he said. "Is Luke around? He said I should stop by for dinner, and since my mom's working late..."

"I don't know if we're still having dinner tonight," I replied, opening the door wider so he could come in. Dave regarded me curiously as he stepped inside, obviously having no idea what I was talking about.

"Um... okay. So, where's Luke?"

"Upstairs."

"Is he busy?"

I shrugged. "Eddie and Jase are fighting."

Dave looked alarmed by this announcement. I wondered if that meant Eddie and Jase didn't fight often.

"Seriously?" he asked. "Is everything okay?"

"Don't worry about it. They're probably just trying to figure out whether or not they're going to tell me they're gay," I explained indifferently. And then I walked away.

Needless to say, when I reached the living room and tiredly seated myself of the sofa, Dave was right behind me looking wide-eyed as he plopped into a chair across from me and stared. I stared back. I really didn't have anything to say. I was pretty much positive that he already knew what the situation was. It would only make sense, being close to Luke. But, while it didn't surprise me, it did annoy me--the fact that everyone seemed to have known the truth but me.

"Does Eddie know... I mean..."

"No," I stated.

"Luke told you then," Dave said, nodding, as if he'd just solved some sort of mystery. "He said he was going to... um, look, I'm sorry if I ever lied to you. It's just that, Luke was worried about Eddie not wanting you to know. I'm glad he told you, though."

"Luke didn't tell me anything," I replied somewhat heatedly as I took in this information. Luke was going to tell me the truth? Considering that I felt close to him, I wanted to give him bonus points for that. Only, he didn't tell me.

Dave's eyes went wide again, and he seemed to pale in front of me. He probably thought that he'd just given away a secret that he wasn't supposed to.

"So Luke... I mean, did you know about..."

"I know about Luke, too," I confirmed, and he actually looked relieved about that. But, his expression soon turned curious.

"So none of them know you know this?"

"I don't think so."

There was a long pause.

"Are you... going to tell them?" His tone definitely indicated that he was not interested in keeping any more secrets.

"I think they should tell me," I said, matter-of-factly.

"But you already know," Dave replied, looking like he didn't understand a word I was saying. "I mean... are you okay with it? If..."

"No, I'm not okay with it!" I cut him off, feeling furious. "They've been lying to me since I got here! All of them!"

"Hey," Dave said sternly, his eyes suddenly narrowing on me. "I get that this whole thing is probably a trip for you, but if you're going to hold being gay against them..."

"Why would I care if they're gay?" I snapped, the idea seeming completely ridiculous to me. Granted, I was too upset to even think about why Dave would assume that at the moment. "I'm pissed off because they lied to me! Everyone lied to me! I didn't even know that I had a dad until my mom died, and then my grandma sent me up here without telling me anything about him when she knew! Somebody around here owes me the truth, and I'm not telling them anything until I get it."

Dave blinked, regarding me with a strange expression on his face.

"But that's stupid!" he blurted.

Stupid? Yeah. Okay. Maybe Dave had a point. But, it's not like it wasn't stupid of everyone else to hide their lives from one sixteen-year-old.

"Yeah, so?" was my clever response.

Dave just shook his head at me. Obviously, he didn't fully understand what my problem was.

"Rory, come on. If they're up there fighting you have to do something," he insisted, and waited for a response. When he didn't get one, he added, "If you don't tell them, I will."

I frowned at the threat and abruptly stood up. Apparently, everyone was against me, but I guess it was fair to say that by now, I was getting used to that.

"Fine, do whatever you want," I said coldly, and immediately headed for the door.

"Where are you going?" Dave called after me, looking entirely perplexed. I didn't respond. I didn't see the need to, as I stepped out the front door, walked down the driveway and made my way down the dirt road leading away from the house.

Unlike last time, I didn't feel like I was in a blind panic, running away. Actually, I felt surprisingly calm... numb. I felt numb. And, I didn't feel like I was running, either. I was taking a walk. Clearing my head. I certainly wasn't dognaping Chey, who had seemed to appear beside me, looking happy that someone was taking her for a walk, whether or not it had been my intention.

I tried to ignore Chey, even when she started to randomly lift her head to lick at my hand. It wasn't that I minded her company. Actually, the extra footsteps seemed almost comforting on the empty road. But, I wasn't exactly in a happy mood and Chey's gleeful demeanor was something I found incredibly irritating--which was ridiculous, I know, because she was a dog--but all things considered, being annoyed with her was completely normal, as far as I was concerned.

I shook my head at myself, and then at Chey as I kicked at a rock, and she went chasing after it, off the road. At least one of us was having a good time, I guess.

As I continued to walk, my thoughts drifted back to the house, where Dave was probably telling everyone that I knew everything. I decided that sucked. Maybe I was stupid wanting to wait for someone to tell me the truth, considering that I already knew it, but it still seemed important for someone--someone meaning Eddie--to tell me. Logically, I knew that it didn't matter. It's not like hearing it from Eddie was going to make things right, especially now. But I think I wanted to pretend that it would. I needed something to happen, anything to make all of this easier.

But, it wasn't easy. Since the day I lost my mom, it seemed like everyone had been lying to me--no, even before I lost my mom. I guess what I didn't understand, was why. Was it necessary? Did everyone around me think that they were helping? I didn't understand. I wasn't sure that I wanted to understand. I just wanted it to stop. I just wanted... something to be real.

I'm not sure how long I walked. I wasn't even sure how far I was from the house, and I really didn't feel like looking over my shoulder to find out. I didn't even look when I heard a vehicle coming from behind me. I did move to the side of the road, though. I didn't think getting hit by a car would make my day any better.

Unfortunately, as I'd been walking and trying not to think, I'd managed to forget that Chey had chosen to tag along until she suddenly darted out onto the road in front of me, and I watched in horror as a two-door blue pickup came screeching to a halt, sending dust up into the air. My heart felt like it was in my throat as I watched Chey disappear in front of the vehicle and I prayed that she wasn't under it as I rushed forward, calling for her, my only thoughts at the moment being Luke, and how he'd never forgive me if she was hurt; or how I'd never forgive myself if I let anything happen to Chey because it would hurt him, despite my anger.

When I heard the dog bark twice I spun around to see her coming towards me from around the bed of the truck. I wasn't sure if I wanted to hug her or scold her for scaring the hell out of me. I settled for grabbing her collar and pulling her to my side, not eager to let go anytime soon.

"That fucking dog," I heard a voice say from the truck, and it startled me because it was a familiar voice. I looked up, only to see Aaron Keslin looking out the passenger side window, glaring at Chey. When he met my eyes he looked surprised, almost as if he'd just noticed me. "Rory?"

"What are you doing here?" I instantly snapped, my earlier anger with him coming back to mix with my pounding heart due to Chey's near miss. It made for a lot of frustration, which I'd decided was best directed at him.

"What are you doing here?" he retorted, suddenly getting out of the truck. Chey started to growl at him, but stopped when I pulled her even closer to me. "I thought you were dealing with... your bullshit."

"I was," I responded, but coldly. That's why I was surprised that it sounded like real concern in Aaron's voice when he spoke again.

"Well... are you okay? I know you were having a hard time when I left and I wasn't sure... I mean, I wanted to call and see how things worked out, but I figured you were still pissed at me."

"I am," I insisted, but he actually smirked at that.

"Okay, great... so are you alright? Did you talk to them?"

I paused, feeling a little calmer because he wasn't currently doing anything to fuel my anger. In fact, he was acting like a concerned friend. I wasn't sure what to make of that. I really wasn't supposed to be friends with him, especially if I was going to remain loyal to Luke. But, considering the fact that Luke lied to me and Aaron was the one who told me the truth, the whole thing felt like a grey area all of a sudden.

"No, I haven't talked to them," I admitted, and Aaron looked confused by that.

"Why not? Didn't someone come home?"

"Yeah, but I haven't talked to anyone," I responded shortly.

"So what are you doing out here?"

"What does it look like?" I demanded. "I'm going for a walk."

"Are you running off or something? Rory..."

"No, I'm on a fucking walk!" I repeated, feeling frustrated again. I was out there to clear my head, not to run into Aaron so he could interrogate me.

"Okay, I'm sorry," he insisted. "Look, Rory, your house is way the hell back there." He pointed, and I finally looked, only to find that I couldn't even see the house anymore. "Why don't you let us give you a ride back?"

"No thanks," I responded. "I'm not going back there yet... Chey, come on."

I tugged on the dog's collar and started walking. As far as I was concerned, the conversation was over as soon as he suggested that I go back, but Aaron obviously disagreed.

"Then why don't you come with us?" he said quickly, and I looked back at him. "Look, Rory, my friend only lives about a half-mile down the street. We were just going to watch a movie--nothing too exciting, but it has to be better than walking around out here. My car's there, so I can even give you a ride home whenever you want."

I found it somewhat ridiculous that I was even considering his offer, but I was getting a little tired of walking around. Even so, when I looked down at Chey, I shook my head.

"No, that's alright."

"You can even bring the dog," Aaron insisted. "Seth has two of them, I'm sure they'll get along fine."

I glanced towards the truck at the mention of an unfamiliar name and began to take in the fact that we weren't alone as I saw a shaded figure in the driver's seat, hiding under a ball cap.

"I don't..." I started, but Aaron cut me off.

"Come on, Rory. Just for a while. We don't even have to talk about it if you don't want to," and before I could even respond, he was heading to the back of the truck and opening the tailgate, ready for Chey to get in.

I hesitated for a few moments, wondering if this was a good idea. It probably wasn't, but regardless, a few moments later I found myself coaxing Chey into the bed of the truck and scolding her for growling at Aaron again when he tried to help lift her hind quarters in before I followed him to the passenger side and he slid across the bench seat to sit in the middle, leaving me room to get in.

"Rory, this is Seth," Aaron said, introducing me to his friend, and when I glanced over it was to see another guy around our age, about the same size as Luke or Aaron, but maybe a little broader in the shoulders. Under the ball cap he definitely seemed like the shy type, but when he mumbled a 'Hi, ' I got the impression that he was less shy and more annoyed that I was joining them. I guess maybe this wasn't such a great idea, after all.

Despite the way that Aaron said we wouldn't have to talk about my problems, I found myself listening to him as he told Seth all about my day, at least everything he knew. I got the impression that Seth knew Luke from school, but he didn't comment much. He really was pretty quiet. I might have been annoyed with Aaron for telling his friend all of this, including the part about me being gay, but this guy didn't seem to care, either way. Maybe that's why I felt more comfortable than I thought I would when Aaron asked me what happened after he left, and I told him. I didn't mention what was in my mom's letter, but I did mention the argument between Jase and Eddie, and the way that Dave knew what was going on and how he was probably going to tell, and talking about it, surprisingly made me feel better.

"That would be just like Dave," Aaron remarked. "He couldn't keep a secret if his life depended on it."

"Great," I said, feeling annoyed.

"Hey, don't worry about it," Aaron insisted. "You don't even have to deal with it right now, and it's not like they can get mad at you for disappearing for a while. I mean, it's not like you don't have a good reason to."

I think I warmed to Aaron a few degrees after that comment. Yeah, they had no right to hold it against me later if I wanted to get away from them for a while. After what they did, I had every right to want to get away. I just wished that I didn't feel guilty for it--and for disappearing with Luke's dog.

...

Seth's last name was Fisher according to the name on the mailbox in front of the house we ended up at. The model reminded me of the same one I was living in with Eddie, and like it, there wasn't much around. Only, unlike the open land surrounding Eddie and Jase's property, there was a tall brick wall surrounding the backyard, and the front was landscaped with what looked like a rock garden. It definitely looked like a family home--welcome mat and everything.

"Your parents home?" Aaron asked Seth as we entered into an overly furnished living room with thick white carpeting, after Seth had let Chey through a gate where there were two tall German shepherds, which she'd sniffed at before going on her way to sniff around the unfamiliar backyard.

"No, they're at Gail's ballet practice," Seth replied, and as he turned to face us I got a slightly better look at him. He really did seem to be hiding under that ball cap, but now I could see the shine of two light-brown eyes and a bow-shaped mouth, which seemed to be frowning at me. Maybe I didn't know this guy, but I swore he didn't want me around.

"Cool," Aaron smiled at him. "You want to put that pizza in? I can take Rory up to start the movie."

Seth didn't look happy about that idea, either, but he shrugged and headed through the living room, while Aaron gently grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the stairs.

"Come on, Seth has a pretty cool setup up here."

I followed hesitantly.

"Look, Aaron, maybe I should just go," I said.

"Why?" he asked, and then frowned. "Still mad at me?"

"A little," I admitted. I really hadn't gotten over the way he thought everything was a big joke earlier, but that wasn't my problem at the moment. "But that's not it... look, your friend..."

"Don't worry about Seth," Aaron cut me off, laughing. "He just doesn't like new people all that much, and he gets a little jealous sometimes."

Jealous? I flashed Aaron an incredulous look as we walked up the stairs together. "Is he your boyfriend?" I demanded, about to have a whole new list of reasons to hate his guts.

"Ex, actually," Aaron responded casually. "But really, don't worry about him. He's fine, I swear, you just have to get to know him. He's probably just upset now because I told him about you earlier. I broke up with him like a month ago, but we're still friends."

"You told him about me? And he's your ex? What did you say?" I demanded. My head was suddenly swimming. Aaron told someone about me. I thought I knew what that meant, and as much as I wanted to fight it, I found it flattering. But, the fact that the someone he told was his jealous ex-boyfriend didn't quite sit well with me, and seemed entirely stupid on his part.

"I told him you're cute," Aaron replied, smirking, and I had a feeling he said it just to fuck with me. I narrowed my eyes at him and he laughed. "Will you just relax already, Rory? Seth is a cool guy, and if it makes you feel any better, he's seeing someone else now, some girl," he said, snorting. "He said after me he wants to try to go straight."

I flashed Aaron another incredulous look. I hope he didn't think he was flattering himself. I shook my head, trying to focus.

"Look, I don't know what's going on, but if he's pissed because he still likes you and he thinks..."

"Would it bother you if he still liked me?" Aaron asked, flashing me a sly look, and I frowned. Actually, I think it would bother me, but I wasn't going to let him know that.

"Aaron...."

"Look," he said seriously. "It's fine, Rory. We're just going to watch a movie and relax for a while. I can take you home whenever you want."

The idea of going back to the house really didn't appeal to me, and because of that, I couldn't help feeling trapped. I think Aaron knew it, too, if his smile was any indication. I wasn't sure I liked that he thought this was amusing, but I let the subject drop as we reached the second floor and he let me into a room that reminded me a lot of the basement I shared with Luke, only smaller.

But, just because the room was smaller than the basement, didn't mean that it was a small room. In fact, I would have thought it was the master bedroom. There was a hallway in the back that likely led to a bathroom and enough space for a three-piece sofa, an armchair, an entertainment center, and a bedroom set in the corner.

"This is his room?" I managed to ask.

"Yeah, Seth's parents think he's the golden child," Aaron remarked. "He has an older brother who dropped out of school last year to run off and get married, and ever since then it's like his parents are trying to spoil him out of making a mistake like that. You'd think he hated it, though, the way he acts."

"Half of this room used to be my brother's," came a quiet voice from the doorway, and I noticed that now Seth was glaring at Aaron. "They tore down the wall when they figured out he wasn't coming back." I glanced down at the floor and noticed that half of the room was carpeted in blue and the other in grey. It was a subtle difference, but it was there. "Actually, Aaron and I had a few interesting times in this room, didn't we, Aaron?"

I didn't like that last comment, mostly because I had a feeling that it was directed more towards me than Aaron, and the innuendo there was definitely something that made me uncomfortable.

"Let's just start the movie," Aaron insisted, but rather than looking annoyed with the comment, he seemed amused. I'm not sure I liked that, either, or the way that Seth glared out from under his ball cap after he and I sat on opposite ends of the sofa, and Aaron chose to sit next to me--close to me--after putting in a DVD and starting it. After that, I tried to concentrate on the movie.

Actually, the movie didn't really help me. It was a comedy that I remembered seeing in the theaters with my mom. I remembered laughing when I saw it then. I didn't laugh this time. But, for the first half of it I was able to concentrate on the television, my mind wandering from my current problems.

When the sun began to set and the room started to darken, the only light coming from the windows, I felt knots forming in my stomach as my mind drifted back to Eddie, Jase, and Luke. They were probably wondering where I was by now, and Luke was probably wondering where Chey was, too. This alone made me nervous. It was definitely past dinnertime, I could feel it in my stomach, but I still declined the pizza when Aaron offered it to me. I was too nervous to eat, growing steadily uncomfortable as I wondered what was going on back in my new home. I wondered if anyone was worried--or angry. I wondered how much Dave had told them, and I wondered how they were reacting to it. But, as I started to shift in my seat, growing restless, I became aware of another kind of nerves when Aaron leaned into me.

Apart from that kiss at the water park, I hadn't really had any close contact to him. And because of recent events, I hadn't really had time to think about it, either. Because of his relationship with Luke, it was difficult for me to admit that I liked him... when I knew I did. At least, I knew I was attracted to him. Just being close to him made me feel light-headed, but the fact that he was the first guy who I'd ever kissed probably had something to do with that, too.

I nearly jumped out of my seat when he placed his hand on my thigh. I definitely went tense as I looked in his direction to find him staring curiously back at me.

"You alright?" he whispered, and I found myself looking past him, feeling a little relieved to see Seth was focused on the movie, and not how close Aaron and I were.

"Fine," I replied quietly, shrugging.

But, I wasn't fine. I could feel the heat from his hand through my shorts and I found that my own hands were getting sweaty awfully fast. I guess this new nervousness was a good distraction from thinking about Eddie and everything else, only, it wasn't necessarily a good thing, because I really did have mixed feelings about Aaron Keslin. That alone didn't make his next words easier to digest.

"Do you wanna go out with me?"

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.