Retreads Part Deux - Cover

Retreads Part Deux

Copyright© 2007 by Rotedrachen

Chapter 3

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 3 - The Eridani Federation established, Matt and crew now must face new challenges and find new allies. Note: Unless you've read Retreads part 1, understanding part 2 will be a problem.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   DoOver   Mother   Sister   Father   Daughter   InLaws   Group Sex  

The planned visit to Earth had to wait. The situation took an abrupt turn, when the American President was contacted.

"It occurs to me, that no leader from our planet has ever visited the Federation", She said. "I would very much like to be the first to see Vanir first-hand, if it is permissible."

I thought it was a great idea, but had some reservations. Moira Genovese had been in office for less than a year, and I didn't know her at all.

"We would be happy to have you visit us", I explained, "but I must caution you that things are much more 'relaxed' here, than you might be accustomed to. The differences can be quite unsettling, for some people."

She had a delightful laugh, and afterwards, said "Don't underestimate me, President Sussmann. I do know a bit about your society, and most of it sounds intriguing. Nudity doesn't bother me, I only wish I could experience the feeling myself. I'm afraid that a lot of people here wouldn't find that amusing, so I'll probably have to refrain for now."

She was quiet for a moment, and from her appearance on the screen, seemed to be weighing her next statement carefully.

"I'm most concerned with other things that people on Earth find troubling", she continued. "If you don't mind letting me see how certain things are in reality, it could prove helpful to relations between us."

"How so, Madam President?" I responded. "What is it about the Federation that troubles you so? Perhaps if you provided an outline, we could arrange an itinerary which would cover the major areas of concern. Our society is quite open, and we certainly have nothing to hide. Everything is fairly simple and straightforward, actually. Some technology is restricted, but other than that, you're free to go wherever you would like to."

Another smile preceded her reply. "Strangely enough, that doesn't surprise me a bit. I can give you the main areas of concern, and we can flesh the rest out later. Many here are up in arms over your justice system. Reports indicate that the conviction rate for serious crimes is over ninety-nine percent. That is simply unheard of, in a free society. Of greater concern, is the speed and harshness of the punishment meted out. Basically, they think either the statistics are fabricated, or innocent people are being convicted and sentenced to death."

She sighed, "I must admit, I worry about that myself. Technology worries us, as well. There are those who want nothing to do with you, simply because of that. They are worried that you will attempt to conquer Earth, and absorb it. The Hindu, Muslim, and Buddhist sects are very concerned about this. They fear that you will force your state religion upon them."

I shook my head over that one. "That settles it. You must pay us a visit. I had no idea that you were so ill-informed there. Ignorance is a dangerous thing, Madam President, a very dangerous thing. I wonder where people get those kind of ideas? I'd imagine much of the disinformation was spread by people we returned to Earth as undesirable, but it matters little. The damage is done. It is up to us to reverse the thought process."

It might surprise you to learn that serious crime is pretty rare, here. There are few crimes for which the death penalty is imposed, too. Murder, attempted murder, rape, and abuse of a child, carries that sentence. Other crimes carry either a period of hard labor, or working off the amount to pay for damages and restitution. I look forward to sharing how our justice system works. I admit to being quite proud of it."

I shook my head, before addressing the second issue. "Religion. Why does everyone insist on harping on that? There is no state sponsored religion, here. We do mot allow fanaticism. Other than that, people are free to practice whatever religion they desire. You are free to visit any religious site in the Federation, to see this for yourself. I will admit that it's true most of the population follows the old ways, but it is far from the only religion practiced. You won't see any burkas here, though."

"I thought as much", she said. "I've studied you for years, Mr. President. I am not likely to believe that you would suddenly become an evil tyrant, simply because you left Earth. The reason I want to visit, is to demonstrate the falsehoods that have been spread. If your justice system proves to be what you say it is, any doubts I had, will be gone. There is the small problem with transportation, however. With our technology, you can't get there from here."

I chuckled, and told her I'd take care of it. "I'll send my ship. It's kind of the 'Air Force One' of the stars, anyway. I'm sure you'll be quite comfortable."

As soon as the connection was broken, I called in the advisors who were supposed to be keeping track of Earth. Not about Earth's concerns, I was already aware of those. The surprise had just been an act for her benefit. I wanted to know about her.

Moira Genovese had been elected in the fallout, after the overthrow of the last government, and seemed to be fairly popular. Her religion was listed as 'Protestant', and she regularly attended services. At thirty-seven, she was young for the office, but was very bright. She graduated third in her class, from Princeton. A swift rise through local, state, and finally, national, politics followed. She was the leader of a faction in congress advocating the moderate view, when the government fell.

That was the main ingredient that insured her election by a wide margin. The fact that she had brought the country back together in such a short time, spoke well of her 'people skills'

At Rhonda's suggestion, we expanded on Moira's idea. While she was here, we would film her experience. Perhaps if we created a short documentary, it might be shown on Earth. With a world leader to back up the film, it might even be believed. I doubt that many people would see it, however. Most Earth people were too prudish to look beyond the nudity that would be prevalent.

She arrived a month later, and before we got to my office, we were on a first name basis. She seemed like a delightful person, and hated formality as much as I did. I made a small concession, and wore shorts for the occasion. She had her usual 'I am not a woman' suit on. It looked like she was dressed for a court date. The pin-striped suit looked strange on her.

I was just as surprised as her secret service detail, when she told them to wait outside. She had to pull rank, before they agreed. Once inside, she shook her head.

"Damn nursemaids. I'll be glad when this term is over. I'll never understand how you could ever put up with politics as long as you have. It was bad enough in the senate, but now, I can't even go to the restroom without company.

"I know", I sympathized, "That was the longest eight years of my life. We do things a little differently, here. My wives are my security. They're probably the toughest people in the Federation, but they're a lot nicer to look at than your companions."

"I know!", she said with a smile, I've seen pictures of them. I'd love to meet them while I'm here. Maybe I can shake the goons loose long enough for some 'girl talk'. It's been years, since I've done that."

"Maybe we could put you up in my wing of the palace? Only family is allowed there, unless we call for someone. I'm sure they'd love to visit."

She brightened considerably. "Would you? I would be so grateful, if you did. I would like to alleviate my own concerns, before taking you up on the offer, though. I hope you understand."

"I understand completely", I assured her, "and wouldn't have it any other way. Would you like to see our justice system in action? We actually have a serious crime being investigated at the moment. A woman was murdered in the city, yesterday. That makes five deaths this year. I hate to say it, but that puts us one above last year, at this time."

"But, they told me that this is the last month of your year! How can that be?"

"I said violent crime was low, here", I explained. "I just wish it was lower. I suppose that's not possible, though.

I led the entourage over to the police station. This time, I was the one who informed the detail that they were not allowed inside, for 'security reasons'. The film crew wasn't allowed here either. To simplify matters, I told them that they could only go where the detail did.

After the introductions, the chief explained the situation.

"It happened in an apartment building three blocks from here. There were no direct witnesses to the crime, and the only one seen in the area was a delivery person. We have him in custody, but don't believe he's the perp. Personally, I believe it was an ex-husband. Nobody saw him around, though. We're going to 'cap' the delivery guy, and hope he saw something."

Moira interrupted with "Cap him? The last time I heard that was in a movie. The guy who got 'capped' wasn't answering questions, afterward."

The chief liked that one, but I explained "What you are about to see, is the reason our conviction rate is so high. The only reason we haven't released the technology, is that it could be used for the wrong reasons. This is only one of the two ways it is used here. The other, is immigration. You'll understand why, when you see it."

Moira seemed surprised when we all joined the guy who was to be 'capped'. When he stood up and shook my hand, she seemed speechless, especially when he addressed me.

"Matt! Dude, Frank Landry. I always wanted to meet you. Too bad it had to be tis way! This is some putrid shit, dude. I wish I could help more, but all I saw was some old lady who could barely walk!"

We got him settled in, placed the cap on his head, and asked him to think about that day. I heard Moira gasp, when the monitor flickered to life. It was a view, from Frank's perspective, beginning from when he entered the building. He made his delivery without seeing anyone except the person who answered the door. That wasn't the case, when he left. He rounded a corner, and saw what appeared to be a woman in a calf-length dress. As she got to the door, she appeared to stumble a bit before shuffling out of it. Once outside, she turned up the street, as Frank headed for his van.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.