Himura Battousai - Cover

Himura Battousai

Copyright© 2007 by Trojan_85

Chapter 32: Extra Story--Yahiko's Fight (Middle)

(Yahiko leaps from the roof with a mighty yell. Unfortunately he lands, on his feet, but rather painfully.)

Tsubame: Yahiko-chan!

Yahiko: I told you not to call me that!!

Tsubame: Sorry!

Yahiko: Throw away any stupid thoughts of stealing! Or else Myoujin Yahiko of the Tokyo samurai is your opponent!

Fighter: You brat! I'll make you eat those words!!

(Yahiko blocks his stroke, then gives his a blow to the stomach. He follows it up with a strike to the face, knocking him out.)

Yahiko (thinking): I can do this! I know enough to use it!

Fighter2: You--

Yahiko: Come on!

Fighter3 (striking him from behind): Don't push your luck! Now you're surrounded!

(They beat him. Tsubame looks on, aghast.)

Mikio (snapping his sword back in its sheath): Huh. I didn't have to lift a finger.

Kenshin (watching in silence):...

Sanosuke (kicking him): Whadduya mean, '... '. Are you just gonna sit there and watch?

Kaoru (seizing him): Exactly! Yahiko's in danger!

Kenshin: Just calm down.

Kaoru: I won't calm down! He may be rude, but he's my only student!

Kenshin (pulling her ponytail): Wait. Yahiko hasn't noticed that we're here. Our appearance would be very unnatural.

Kaoru: But--

Kenshin: Someone who is always rescued cannot become strong. This is Yahiko's fight. Unless he asks us for help, there should be no interference from us.

Sanosuke (thinking): "A lion pushes its own child into a thousand ravines," huh? But... Tsubame: Stop it... stop it, Mr. Mikio! He has nothing to do with this. I'll give you the key!

(He snatches it away from her.)

Mikio: Hey. The kid's nothing. We've got more important things to do.

(They stop and walk off, following Mikio.)

Tsubame (rushing to Yahiko): Are--are you all right?

Yahiko: Dam... dammit. One on one I coulda...

Mikio: Tsubame! (she freezes) From now on, remember who your master is.

Fighters: See ya, Yahiko-chan.

(They leave.)

Tsubame: I'm sorry. It's my fault you got mixed up in this. I'm so very sorry...

Yahiko (standing up without her help): From the molds they can make a real key in less than a day. They'll carry out their plan tomorrow evening.

Tsubame: Yahiko-chan! I mean...

Yahiko: It doesn't matter. I couldn't stop those creeps. I am still "chan." (slowly walking away) You didn't drag me into this. I stuck my own neck out. So don't worry about it. (thinking) I can't tell the police. They'd make her an accomplice. And I'm not asking Kenshin or the others for help. I don't want to bother them with these guys. This is my fight!

(Kenshin and the others watch him go.)

The next morning

Yahiko: Well... that's about right.

(He has taken a wooden clothesline and hung planks from the crosspieces.)

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.