Himura Battousai - Cover

Himura Battousai

Copyright© 2007 by Trojan_85

Chapter 148: Kyoto Epilogue 3--An Early Summer Morning

(A beautiful morning. The sun shines, birds chirp, people go about their business. The morning peace is suddenly rent by a shriek.)

Misao: WHAT?! You're going back to Tokyo tomorrow??

(Misao, Okina and Kaoru are eating breakfast together.)

Misao: Why? We just got the Aoiya rebuilt! I thought we could finally relax and have fun now!

Kaoru: Why? You've taken care of us long enough. And it's about time I reopened the dojo in Tokyo.

Misao: But you can open a rundown dojo with only one student any time!

Kaoru (sweetly): Misao, I'll let it go this time, but next time you say that I'll smack you into next week, kay?

Okina: Tomorrow is so sudden. Why not take your time and wait a few more days?

Kaoru: I've already bought our tickets. And for Kenshin, this is a city full of bitter memories. It's better not to stay too long--

(A slight pause.)

Okina: That's true. We forget we only know the Himura of today. He was once utterly the Hitokiri Battousai...

Misao: But--but that was in the past! He's a good guy now! He's gotta make up his mind and move on!

Kaoru: I think so too, but it seems as though Kenshin himself doesn't feel that way...

Misao: Well it's not going to help if you're as dark as he is! If you don't start being more cheerful he's going to stay like this forever!

Kaoru: Maybe so, but...

Okina: Well then. There's something to what both of you are saying, so it's time I took a hand...

(he throws an armful of guidebooks in the air.)

Okina: Today we'll do it all in Okina's personal guided tour of Kyoto's greatest sights! We'll make the city a happy place even for Himura!

Misao: All right!

Kaoru: In other words, you're just looking for another excuse to have a good time...

Okina: Go wake everyone up! We've got a big day ahead of us!

Kaoru: Okay, okay... (she walks down the hall to Kenshin's room.)

Kaoru: Kenshin--guys? Are you awake? I'm coming in...

(The room is empty except for Yahiko.)

Yahiko: If you're looking for Kenshin and Sanosuke, they left already.

Kaoru: Together?

Yahiko: Nah, separately. When I woke up Kenshin was already gone. (walking past her) I'm going out too.

Kaoru: Going--going where?

Yahiko: Mount Hiei.

Kaoru (thinking) That's where the Shishio faction headquarters was--

Yahiko: Masu gave me some onigiri so I don't need lunch. (leaving)

Kaoru: Hey, wait a minute! (but he's gone.) That kid!

Megumi (right behind her): Hm. So Ken-san's out today.

Kaoru (jumping): Megumi!

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.