I Might Not Know Where I Am, But I Ain't Lost - Cover

I Might Not Know Where I Am, But I Ain't Lost

Copyright© 2007 by cmsix

Chapter 4

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 4 - Knights in shining armor aren't really worth a shit against even a single squad of Special Forces.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Mult   Coercion   Science Fiction   Time Travel   Slow  

The sixty power spotting scope gave us more warning of the caravan than we really needed. After going directly to the gate we couldn't even see it from ground level and barely could with binoculars after we climbed to the top of the wall.

Chungi and I retired to an Inn, leaving instructions with a guard to fetch us when Kaltaken arrived. We drank watered wine for a little more than an hour before word came.

In a stroke of pure luck, Kaltaken's caravan was almost all grain. He'd intended to sell it at Katahalana, King Dasga's border fortress, more than twelve miles across the river.

He was delighted when I offered him more money than he'd expected further up the road, and more so when I asked if he could gather up another load quickly.

He agreed and I had him rest his people while my new soldiers unloaded the grain during the night. The caravan left before noon the next day.

Chalmas returned with his wagons and pack animals loaded heavily two days later. While my soldiers were unloading it, we went to an inn for a meal and some wine. He was thrilled when I actually paid him as much as I'd promised.

He was so happy with the deal he asked if I needed more grain.

"I'm sure I can use it, but surely sooner or later King Frata will learn he's lost this outpost and send someone to find out how and why," I said.

"I believe I can make at least one more trip. King Frata will not learn of the situation here unless a caravan passes through and the merchants refuse your offers and then tell him when they reach Kahtal, if they are going there. Even if a peasant or two leave and try to tell him they will most likely be turned away, or even beaten for attempting to see him.

"The only other way he would normally learn of it would be if his collectors come for the taxes. They will know you are not the commander who is supposed to be here and they will surely tell him when they return," Chalmas said.

"If the collectors come here they will not be returning. He may start wondering what happened to them later.

"Actually I doubt if any peasants have left here, none that were living here when we took over anyway. We do not let the soldiers mistreat them at all. In fact we have whipped three at the stake for it already.

"The only other peasants who come and go are the ones who want to sell in the market here and we make sure they never have to take anything back with them, especially food.

"Chungi's mother and cousin are our main buyers and if a peasant leaves with any of the goods he brought to sell it is because the price he was asking was ridiculous. I don't want to be robbed, but I made sure Shealta and Sheleata knew I'd rather pay more than the normal price than have any arguments."

"So your capture of his outpost is almost certainly unnoticed so far. If you need more grain, I will go find another load and bring it back. I will keep a scout far ahead of me, and if he finds an army here we will take the grain elsewhere," Chalmas said.

"But what about your trade goods in warehouse here?" I asked.

"They would be a loss, but I'm willing to take the chance. If I can bring you one more load of grain and then leave with my goods, I will have made twice the profit of my previous year, and it is still early in this year," he said.

They were gone by ten AM the next day, and Chalmas had bought two more wagons and teams.

Kaltaken was back three days later, and I wondered how he found grain so much closer than Chalmas must have. I didn't ask though, I paid him and then had the soldiers unload it. We had to find another warehouse since the first one was full by now.

He asked about another load too, and I told him what I'd told Chalmas. He agreed with Chalmas on the prospects of King Frata learning anything.

"King Frata will not notice anything is wrong until he misses his gold, you can count on it. I do think it won't be long before the collectors come here though since I heard word in one village they were on the way. They weren't at the village though, the word had merely reached there with a traveler," Kaltaken said.

"Then there is probably plenty of time for you to make another trip."

He spent an extra day in Quancho this time, mending his wagons and letting his people rest. He bought another wagon also, and converted six of his pack mules into a team for it.

Six days after Kaltaken left, Chungi spotted the collector's detachment while it was still at least five miles away. There were probably forty mounted men and six heavy wagons, besides the two which were obviously carrying their food.

We replaced the real archers on the wall with normal soldiers who were merely holding bows. I already knew from some of my new recruits the wagons would come straight through down the main street to the commander's residence. Of course it happened to be mine now.

We had planned long ago for this and had even drilled the men, all the men, on the plan.

Most of the soldiers we'd acquired here were armed with short pikes and hidden behind buildings which faced the street. All the real archers were hidden behind the headquarters building - the former commander's and officer's residence. It also had a room with a heavy door for storing the taxes that had been collected.

The other two snipers and I were by second story windows in a building across the street from headquarters while the rest of my original squad with their M4s were with the archers.

Chungi was hidden in the first cross street with an eight-horse team to pull a roadblock across the street. We'd attached a special shortened tongue from one wagon to the rear of the one he was driving. They had about a thousand pounds each in them, a relatively light load, and he'd drive them across the street to block it when the first collector's wagon pulled to a stop in front of headquarters. He'd then set the brake and haul his ass to safety.

Chungi's action would open the ball. Next, we snipers would deal with all the wagon drivers as the archers and my squad broke cover to deal with the mounted men. If anyone was still resisting after the first forty seconds or so, the pikemen would come out and deal with them.

With the early sighting we had more than enough time to prepare and almost too much. When the lead wagon finally stopped, Chungi did his thing and so did everyone else. The pikemen looked like they were disappointed when they didn't find anyone alive except the cook who'd been sleeping in the rear food wagon.

I was astonished at the proceeds from this foul deed. Apparently the collectors had made a long circular trip gathering the money. We'd had a scandalous amount here already, but they were carrying easily thirty times as much. Alas, there was no one left alive to give us any details.

It took hours for the soldiers to unload the small heavy chests and it was a bigger job to stack it high enough in the small room so we could fit it all in. I had an idea King Frata was going to be pretty mad about the whole thing when he found out.

Four weeks later, Chalmas and Kaltaken had both made two more trips and still no one had been by to ask about the missing detachment. Almost every warehouse in Quancho was full already but I'd still promised to buy more grain if they wanted to make another try.

They'd both come in at nearly the same time this trip and the soldiers had been up most of the night unloading and complaining. Jorgenson set some of the squawkers straight though.

"You bitch now, but when King Frata has an army camped around us you'll be glad that you have something to eat besides each other."

Both caravans left again the next day, and two days later Chungi spied twelve mounted men approaching, almost in the tracks that the collector's wagons must have made.

Frankston, Chungi, Jorgenson, and I had a quick meeting and modified our wagon train ambush. We didn't bother with blocking the street this time and we told the pikemen, archers, and my squad not to fire unless the men refused to surrender after we showed ourselves. None of them had their bows strung and ready so there was little risk.

Apparently they realized this also, because when armed men started showing up with bows drawn and pikes lowered, they couldn't surrender fast enough. Now we had someone to question.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.