Sophomore - Cover

Sophomore

Copyright© 2007 by Fable

Chapter 11: Homecoming

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 11: Homecoming - Sophomore is the continuation of Sammy's Adventures. It relates his growing pains and college experiences. Many of the same characters from Burr, Dominoes and College are found in Sophomore and reading them is recommended. Plenty of new characters and new conflicts will be introduced here.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Masturbation  

We had already boarded our flight when Shirley asked why I was so quiet.

"I guess I've just got a lot on my mind," I said, not wanting to divulge that I had thought of nothing but Darien's letter since Tammy let me read it. If she didn't trust me enough to tell me about the harassing letters and telephone calls from her ex-boyfriend she had no right to know the plan I was forming to put a stop to them.

"We'll get to the bottom of this, sweetheart. Maybe it will turn out to be nothing at all," Shirley said, thinking that my only concern was my mom's health.

I gave her a reassuring smile as the small plane lifted off the ground. Her hand joined mine on the armrest between our seats and she smiled back at me.

I decided to focus on the good things that had happened to us over the past week. Once we were airborne the plane stopped vibrating and we were able to talk without our fellow passengers overhearing our conversation.

We laughed for the entire flight, first about Shirley coming into her dorm room and finding Tammy and me cuddling on her bed, then Luke pointing out that my footlocker could be stored in the attic only one day after Angie had moved out of the apartment. That Olli using me as a decoy so he could spy on the suspected drug dealers was still a sore point with Shirley but she was beginning to see the humor in it and the overall positive result.

She still kidded me about Professor Mercer reading my paper in class but she was proud that he had let me take the test one day ahead of the rest of the class.

The thing that we found most humorous was the apology I received from Marvin in Human Resources.

Dear Mr. Oldham,

Please accept my sincere apology for the emails I sent to Miss Pennington. I was totally out of line. Had I known she was your girlfriend I would certainly not have taken the liberty of approaching her in such a manner as my emails to her may have portrayed.

You are indeed a fortunate man to be on intimate terms with Miss Pennington. I assure you that in future I will appreciate her many qualities from afar.

Sincerely,

Marvin

"Which is it? Are men attracted to you because of your beauty or your mind?"

My question didn't generate the response I wanted it to. When she received the second email from Marvin, Shirley had demanded that I make him understand she was unavailable. Why hadn't she told me about Darien's letters and phone calls?

I felt her pat the top of my hand. "Why were you attracted to me?"

"It was your contented disposition."

"My contented disposition? I thought it was because you have a preference for long legs and small breasts."

"That too, but it was also your disposition that I found most attractive. You looked like the kind of girl who would be satisfied with a simple locket."

She was thoughtful for a full minute.

"Do you suppose that was what Marvin found attractive about me? Did he see me wearing the locket you gave me and think I was a girl with simple tastes?"

"Hardly," I quipped. "Marvin was seeing the whole package, those long shapely legs, your pert small breasts and the way your hair accents the beauty of your face, and that knowing smile. I'm sure he saw the same things I saw."

Shirley squeezed my hand and leaned over to whisper in my ear. "I'm contented with you."

"Hang on, we're beginning the decent for the landing," I warned her.

"Are you excited to be coming home?"

I hadn't thought about it that way. We were making the trip in response to my sister's letter. Heather made it sound like my mother's headaches indicated there was something seriously wrong that could take her life at any moment.

"I'm excited about showing you Blissfield and I suppose I'm excited about seeing my mother and sister."

"And K.O. You must be excited about meeting your nephew for the first time."

I had to agree with her, but K.O. was only one of the things that had happened since I left town.

It took thirty minutes to collect our single piece of luggage and the rental car. As we drove to the hotelI began pointing out landmarks as soon as we entered the town. The football stadium looked smaller than I remembered and the hospital where my mother worked had added a new wing. The business district looked old and dilapidated. Still, driving through this small town where I had lived for fourteen years gave me a thrill that no other town could ever produce.

There were new motels on the outskirts of town but I had reserved a room at the only downtown hotel, partly because it was nearer my mother's house but mainly because I wanted to impress any townspeople who recognized me. It had been over three years since I had finished my sophomore year at the high school and left town for the second time. Would anyone even know my name?

The desk clerk took my credit card and then the jerk asked for my driver's license. I didn't like the way he kept glancing at Shirley.

He had my credit card and driver's license but still turned the guest book around before asking, "Will you be staying more than one night, Mr. Oldham?"

I had signed the guest book, Mr. and Mrs. Samuel K. Oldham.

"I reserved the room for two nights," I said, thinking that this would be a good time to take Darien up on his offer to have the ring resized for Shirley. Her naked ring finger was very noticeable.

He disappeared for only a minute before returning my credit card and driver's license. "Check out time will be eleven a.m. on Sunday. We have an excellent Sunday brunch at the hotel restaurant. Have a pleasant stay, Mr. and Mrs. Oldham," he said as he tapped a small bell to signal for a bellhop, who took the key and our single piece of luggage, leading the way to the elevator.

I was almost certain the bellhop recognized me but he didn't say anything except to thank me for the tip and tell us to have a good stay. I could also tell that Shirley was biting her tongue. We tried to talk at the same time as soon as we were alone in the room. I let her spew first.

"Mr. and Mr. Oldham? Did you see the way he was looking at us? I almost died. What must he be thinking?" Besides blushing, she was pretending to be angry.

I laughed and looked into her eyes. "He was thinking that I'm the luckiest young man in the world to be staying two nights in this hotel with a gorgeous, sexy older woman."

"But now I'll have to play the part of the loving wife when we're around the hotel."

"That's how I always sign the guest book when we stay in a hotel or motel."

"There was only one other time and that kid was a student at the school. He knew we weren't married."

"There was also the motel on Labor day," I reminded her.

"I didn't go inside with you there," she said, beginning to put our clothes away.

"The bellhop is Freddy Connors."

"Who's that?"

"He was one of the brothers that day at the pond."

"Why didn't you say anything to him? Didn't you always credit him with being one of the reasons you went home early that day?"

"I didn't know what to say. I'm sure he recognized me but he may be embarrassed, showing us to our room and having to carry our luggage. He was always a big bully. He's still a little taller than me but I know I'm in much better shape and I'm the one who has a beautiful girlfriend."

"Hey! Have you forgotten your marriage vows? You have a beautiful wife now, remember?"

She tried to get away but I caught her around the waist and flung her onto the bed. She laughed as I hovered above her, waiting to see what I had in mind. When I didn't make a move, she pulled my head down for a brief kiss before speaking.

"I need to tell you something."

"Yes?" I asked, prompting her to begin, thinking that she was going to tell me about the letters from Darien. I watched and waited as her grey eyes darted from side to side before becoming still and gazing up at me.

"I'm not going to be able to perform my wifely duties this weekend. I got my period this morning," she said, solemnly.

It wasn't what I expected to hear at all. Surprised by her confession, I could only laugh.

She sounded apologetic. "I knew it was due but I hoped it wouldn't come until Monday. I know how much you looked forward to tonight. I looked forward to it too. I should have said something,"

Not knowing what to say, I kissed her, aggressively pushing my tongue past her lips. "You really are precious. How can I convince you?"

"Am I?" she asked, pulling me down for me to explore her mouth again.

"You are. Let's go get something to eat."

"Should I change? I want to make a good impression on your mother and sister."

"Jeans are fine. You don't need to change to make a good impression."

We almost made it through the lobby unnoticed.

"Apple, is that you?"

It had been nearly four years but I recognized the voice before turning.

"Hello, Mr. Avella," I said, coolly as Shirley squeezed my hand to warn me to act civilized.

"I remember our golf outings fondly and you coming to my post-game parties. What brings you back to Blissfield, Sammy?" he asked, eyeing Shirley now.

The desk clerk was over to the side of the lobby and Freddy Connors was in back of me but I could feel their eyes upon us.

"This is my girlfriend, Shirley. Shirley, this is Mr. Avella."

He nodded to Shirley, looking anxious.

"I'm meeting clients for lunch. I'm sure they remember your heroics on the football field. Won't you and Shirley join me? It would give us a chance to catch up."

By that time I was seething. I turned to Shirley. "Honey, remember me telling you how Mr. Avella used my suede jacket to protect my golf clubs from the rain?"

Shirley jerked on my hand, forcefully urging me to avoid an incident.

"That was my mistake, Sammy. Let me make it up to you. Come to lunch and meet my clients," Mr. Avella was pleading now.

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. Avella, but we have a very full schedule," Shirley said while pulling me toward the door. I let her guide me out, leaving Gina's father standing alone in the hotel lobby.

On the street I took a long breath and looked around. The town was the same as I remembered only smaller, postage stamp size. So far, my homecoming was not going as expected. The two people I had met so far, Freddy Connors and Mr. Avella, had returned like characters from a bad dream.

Determined to change my luck, I put my arm around Shirley's waist and marched us up the street, drawing stares from townspeople.

It was still early, eleven twenty-five, when we entered the café so Heather was able to spend a few minutes with us. She was surprised but happy to see us, telling Shirley that she had heard all about her, which was totally untrue.

After the introductions were over we got down to the business at hand; how serious were our mother's headaches? Heather admitted that we would have to see for ourselves but this wasn't good enough for Shirley. She questioned my sister, getting the name of the neurosurgeon who had conducted the tests.

We had lunch and Heather came to our table as often as possible to add little tidbits regarding our mother's condition. The diner was as I remembered. We ate sparingly.

We made plans to try to see the doctor that day, it being Friday afternoon.

"Aren't you going to see mom and K.O. first?" Heather wanted to know. She looked disappointed when we told her our plans to see the Doctor Borden first.

"We'll stop by the house right after we see the doctor," I assured Heather.

"I'm going to tell mom you're here so she won't be too surprised when she sees you."

Shirley agreed with Heather. "Seeing Sammy in the daylight could be frightening," she joked.

My sister, who hadn't cracked a smile until then, sided with Shirley. "Did someone stab you, Sammy?"

I knew I had sent pictures and our mother had probably told her how I got the scar on my cheek but I answered her question with a single word. "Football."

Heather turned to Shirley. "Did he tell you what a bad-ass he was and how the crowd shouted 'Apple' when he came onto the field?"

"Yes, I've heard all his stories. In fact, a man just called him Apple at the hotel," Shirley laughed.

I left Heather a generous tip and we told her we would see her later. She tried to discourage our seeing the doctor but relented when she saw that our minds were made up.

After explaining to Doctor Borden's assistant that we were taking time off from school in order to check on my mother's condition she finally took pity on us and agreed to give him the message. That was at one p.m. Finally at three p.m. we were able to talk to the doctor for ten minutes. It only took him five minutes to tell us his findings.

Doctor Borden expressed surprise that we were under the impression Jane Stevens was still suffering from headaches. He explained that he had ruled out a tumor as she had suspected. While he believed the headaches were real and not imagined, he found no abnormality that could cause them.

"Jane was missing work and we were all concerned for her. We kept trying medicines until we found one that worked. She hasn't had a headache for over a month. I'm surprised she hasn't told you."

We thanked him for seeing us. I was embarrassed at not being better informed about my mother's condition and wanted to leave but the doctor kept us there, making small talk about mom being a valuable employee at the hospital and asking about the college we attended.

I was pissed at Heather for telling me about our mother's headaches a month after they were seemingly cured, but knowing what Heather had been through I let it slide. In a way, I knew she was right; I did owe my family a visit. I was glad we had made the trip. It was good to see the old surroundings again.

"You handled that very well," Shirley complimented me when we were back in the car. "I hope you won't be angry at your sister for not being honest with you."

"I really don't mind coming here on false pretenses. I wouldn't have missed the last few minutes for anything."

She smiled, blushing, thinking she knew what I was saying but had to ask anyway. "What are you talking about?"

"The way the doctor was stalling to get us to stay. He was quite taken with you," I teased.

"That kind of thing really inflates your ego, doesn't it?"

"What do you mean? You're the one who received all the attention and now you're turning it around as if I was somehow causing it." This was the first time she had ever accused me of having an inflated ego.

"Don't be coy. All guys like to show their girlfriend off. 'Look at this chick I'm sleeping with. Don't you wish it was you?' You're no different, Sammy."

"Here it is," I said as we pulled in front of the small house I had shared with my mom and sister. "I'll talk to you about ego later."

"There's nothing more to say. I was merely pointing out that you have an ego. That's nothing to be ashamed of."

I wasn't ready to drop the subject but my mom had opened the front door and was waiting for us.

My mother was obviously happy to see us. We studied each other and I decided she didn't look much different from the last time we had seen each other when she came to the Oldham house for my high school graduation party. She kissed me and we hugged before turning to Shirley. "The baby's asleep," she said.

"Mom, this is Shirley," I whispered.

They shook hands and my mother told Shirley to call her Jane. "You don't need to whisper. He'll sleep through anything until he's ready to wake up."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.