Stung - Cover

Stung

Copyright© 2006 by ShannonQ

Prologue

Dr. Winston Turner flew back to the United States from Sao Paulo, Brazil very satisfied and excited by his recent find. He had received a grant from Whitman University funded basically from State University in Kentucky. He was head of Entomology Department for the small college and learned of a species of insect no one heard of before. It was a new breed of hornet found deep in the Amazon Basin nearly four hundred miles into the jungle. Local Indians informed him that these insects were extremely dangerous needing careful handling. Several stings could result in a varities of unexpected results, even death. Winston waited until dark when he returned to the nest he discovered earlier in the day. He sprayed the nest with a paralyzing agent which temporarily placed them into a dormant state. Placing the nest into an escape proof casing, making sure it had proper ventilation and moisture, he headed down the river to civilization with his prized catch knowing his name would go down in history.

Two years later Dr. Turner received every accolade the scientific world could bestow upon a colleague. He then settled down in his lab and assistants to study this strange bug. Winston taught his help how to handle these creatures properly to prevent injury or escape. In late May, one hornet slipped out of his handler's grasp and flew out an open window into the warm presummer afternoon. It took them many days to find that one wass missing. A quiet but frantic search went out. No one knew what the hornet was capable of. Within one week, they gave up the search. At least it wasn't a female and an egg layer. There would be no colony. When it died, that would be the end of it. The research team began to use new methods to keep these new insects within the confines of the laboratory. The probes would go on with all speed to get Dr. Turner's catch in the books and journals to come.

Chapter 1 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.