Lesleys Return - Cover

Lesleys Return

Copyright© 2006 by Bunts

Chapter 7: The Conclusion

Before reading this you would be well advised to read Lesleys Return as the characters and events in this story will not make sense to you.

This part 2 is written as a supplement to "Lesleys Return" following the many complaints that I had left too many loose ends. Well I have tied up as many loose ends as I could. Once again I will reiterate the names of all companies and persons contained in this story are fictional. I am sure that many of you will still say that I have been too soft - Sorry about that I am a bit of a softy anyway.

Lesley returned to her office that morning, feeling that she had taken the right course of action, and that she had with her decision recognised the contribution that Frank had made in the growth and success of her Uncles business for many years. After all, Frank had worked hard and was a brilliant production engineer. It would, she thought, be a shame to waste his talents. From what she had gathered Frank had fallen into Jill's "honey trap" and she had been the main instigator, behind their attempted fraud and deception.

It was only a matter of minutes, after she had settled to tackle the accumulation of work from her absence, before Ben Bryant her executive Vice President rang her, to tell her that Jill Rankin had refused to sign the papers to dissolve Alpha Products, and therefore, the machine tools could not be legally recovered, and returned to Alpha Productions Ltd. Apparently Frank Forster was doing his best to persuade her to sign, but she was digging her heels in. Her signature was necessary as the business was a partnership and it needed both their signatures to dissolve it.

Jill was stoutly maintaining, that the sale and repurchase of the machines and tools had been legal. She would not even accept the advice of her lawyers on the matter. It had been one of the conditions, that Lesley had made on letting them off prosecution, that both Frank Forster and Jill Rankin dissolve the partnership, and sell the machines back to Alpha Productions Ltd, at the same price they had paid.

Jill decided therefore to see them both again, in her Toronto office with her company lawyers, Ben Bryant and other senior executives, if Frank was unsuccessful in persuading Jill to sign. The meeting was arranged for the following morning, and they were invited to bring their own legal representation.

That afternoon she had a long talk with Ben Bryant. She was still reluctant to prosecute Frank Forster, as he had a record of long and loyal service to her Uncle, and she thought that were her Uncle still alive he would have preferred her to take a lenient course of action with him.

The meeting the following morning was a tense affair. Jill briefly explained the reason for her decision of the day before not to prosecute anyone concerned with the deception. Lesley then told her.

"However, Miss Rankin, if you fail to fall in line with our wishes, then I am afraid that we will have no choice but to take action against you, and all the other participants of this plot to defraud Alpha Productions." Jill Rankin was quite arrogant. " I have done nothing wrong, we sold and bought the machines quite legally."

Lesley told her "You should also be aware that under English law that it is a criminal offence to offer as well as to accept bribes, especially, as the amount of money involved was significant, and in addition, your lawyers will advise you that you took part in an attempt to steal, or defraud you will also have to face charges of forgery and no doubt the CPP will find other charges which will probably amount to a significant term of imprisonment. "They can not touch me here in Canada, so do your worst." Jill countered arrogantly.

Frank Forster looked across at Jill and he said quite loudly "You fool, you have been offered an escape route and you are to stubborn to see it."

Lesley sighed with impatience. She looked across at Jill as she spoke. "I am going to adjourn for an hour, and let you talk with your lawyers and Mr Forster, but you should be aware, that you will be unlikely to get Visas to stop either in Canada or the USA, with criminal charges pending. You should also be aware, that neither you or Frank Forster had the authority to sell capital equipment without Board of Directors authority, and that is clearly stated in the Articles of Association of the company. If you cannot agree to our terms, then negotiations are at an end. Your salaries and accomodation will be paid up until today, but after that you are on your own. Meanwhile, we shall ask the courts to issue the requisite warrants for both your arrests and the recovery of the stolen equipment and moneys. "

Jill subsequently refused to accept the advice of lawyers and Frank Forsters pleading. For the first time Frank began to see the real Jill, and he began to question his love for her and determined to put their relationship on ice for a while.

Meanwhile in Ottawa Katie, Paula, and Peter were all having a wonderful time. They had a trip on the water bus, and spent hours shopping as well as visiting the Houses of Parliament. They were particularly intrigued to see all the portraits and photographs of the Kings and Queens of both Canada and the United Kingdom. It was Paula who being a student of the Monarchy noted that one portrait was missing spoke up and said "Where is King George VI much to the embarrassment of the guide, and to the amusement of the other tourists.

This was followed by a visit to Victoria Island on the ferry and a day spent whale watching. But Peter in particular was getting a little lonely and kept asking where his Daddy was. He had not known Katie very well before his trip to Canada and it was natural that he became a little confused. He did however get on very well with Paula and with Katies mother.

Katie telephoned Frank in Toronto and they arranged to meet and spend a few days together before returning to the UK together. They all went out sightseeing in Toronto which included shopping at the Eaton shopping centre, a trip to the CN tower and a full day spent at the Niagara falls. During this time Katie and Frank enjoyed their time with the children and found that they gradually began to feel very much like a family. Jill meanwhile had gone into hiding, and Frank was quite disgusted at her obstinate behaviour. Later he found that she had returned to the UK later the same day as the last meeting with Lesley.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.