Lesleys Return - Cover

Lesleys Return

Copyright© 2006 by Bunts

Chapter 2A: Frank gets Trapped

Frank Forster paused in the doorway of the public library; he tugged at the collar of his raincoat, and tightened his belt round his slim athletic body to keep out the driving rain. It was a dark wet Thursday afternoon in November. Although it was only just 4.00 pm. He was feeling lonely, dejected and sorry for himself; living on his own; he missed the companionship from his University days.

His job teaching at a local college had been his first and only job offer, since graduating as a Mechanical Engineer a year ago. At the age of 23, recently married and with the baby due soon, he had been grateful for the job when it was offered. The pay was reasonable and would do, until something more suitable came along. He had been able to rent a small two bedroom self contained flat. It was not large and badly needed redecorating, but the rent was reasonable, and it was warm and dry. He had expected Jane to move to live with him after they had married, but she had adamantly refused.

The rain seemed to be getting heavier, so there seemed to be little point in waiting any longer. He knew that he would get very wet anyway, just getting to his car. He was about to move, when he heard a quiet, but insistent voice behind him say.

"Hello Sir fancy meeting you."

Turning round, he saw Jill one of his young maths students. Her face was pale and her lips were blue with cold. She was extremely wet and uncomfortable and shivering with cold, as she clutched her raincoat tightly around her, and hunching down into her coat to keep warm. Her dark hair hung over her shoulders like rats tails. Despite her wet condition, she was smiling, and obviously seemed very pleased to see him.

"Hello Jill, How did you get that wet?"

"I have been walking to pass the time, I've lost my front door key, and I can't get in until seven o clock when my parents get home. I got caught in the open when that last heavy shower started, so I came in here to shelter."

Frank realised that Jill had got another three hours to wait before she could go home.

"Is there no-one at all, perhaps a friend, who you could wait with"? He asked.

"No Sir. We only moved here a few weeks ago, so we don't know that many people, but don't you worry about me, I'll be alright. I'll go and get a cup of coffee that will warm me up."

Frank could not abandon her in that condition. He was also aware that taking her home could be very easily be misconstrued, although, he really did not think he had much of a choice.

Reluctantly he said. "Would you like to come and have a cup of tea with me, at least you will be in the dry and warm until you can go home?"

She hesitated briefly, "Oh yes Sir, if it's not putting you out"

"Of course not, you can not possibly hang around in that condition. No point in you getting any wetter than you are. If that's at all possible",

Arriving home, Frank told Jill to take her raincoat off and warm herself while he went to the bathroom to fetch her towel so that she could dry her hair. As she waited for Frank, Jill looking round saw that the flat, was a typical bachelor pad, untidy and badly needing cleaning, redecoration and new furnishings. She knew that Frank was married, and had heard that his wife still lived in Manchester. It was obvious that she rarely, if ever, visited the flat, no caring wife could possibly accept her husband living in these dreary surroundings.

Jill had never had a permanent boy friend - boys of her age were too immature for her. At seventeen, nearly eighteen, Jill longed for a man with maturity. Frank had all the qualities she had dreamed about. He was kind, and a very good teacher. But not until now did she ever dream she could get this close to him. Returning to the lounge, Frank saw that the rain had gone right through her raincoat. Her clothes were completely sodden.

"You must have got to have some dry clothes; and have a hot bath; otherwise you will catch a chill. I will see what I can find for you." Frank told her concerned at her condition. Going to his bedroom, he found some track suit trousers, a white sweater and a pair of slippers. They would be far too large, but they would have to do. That was all he had. He took Jill to the bathroom, ran a bath for her and gave her some more towels. He told her.

"Take your time and have a good soak. I will get some hot food organised."

It was nearly half an hour before Jill emerged from the Bathroom. Frank, for the first time realised what a beautiful girl she was. Her dark, almost olive complexion, and jet black hair contrasted against the white sweater, showed her natural beauty to its best advantage. Frank suddenly felt himself blushing. Jill was quietly pleased with Frank's reaction; she knew that he was now for the first time very much aware of her as a woman.

They ate without speaking. Frank was finding it hard to keep his eyes off Jill. Each times he dared to sneak a look at her, somehow there eyes would meet adding to his confusion. Jill sensed the effect that she was having on Frank; things were going much better for her than she had planned.

"I'm sorry I look such a mess." She volunteered to Frank shyly.

"Oh no, anything but," Frank replied rather breathlessly. "You look absolutely fantastic - oh I'm sorry, I should not have said that." Realising that his response could easily be misconstrued, and again lapsing into an embarrassed silence.

It was obvious to Jill that Frank was finding it hard to cope. He was no longer the cool dispassionate lecturer that Jill saw every day at College.

"I'm surprised that your wife is not living here with you. Doesn't she like the flat?" Jill asked.

"Jane has never seen the flat. She prefers to live with her Mother. Frank replied tersely.

"Have you had a row or separated or something." Jill asked quietly. "Or shouldn't I ask.

"No, its nothing like that. - Oh I might as well tell you. Her Mother insists Jane lives at home until the Baby is born; you see I met Jane for the first time at an end of term disco last May; one thing led to another, and we spent the night together. At the beginning of the next term, she told me she was pregnant, and suggested we get married. I liked her and thought perhaps we could be happy. But I'm afraid that her Mother blames me for her pregnancy. So relations are a bit strained."

"But you only slept with her once, and you hardly knew her is that right?" Jane asked.

"Yes, I suppose that's right, I probably know you better, if the truth were told, but I suppose we were unfortunate" Frank replied.

"Are you really sure that the baby is yours? Jill asked.

"Jane assures me it is" Frank responded. "She should know"

Jill responded acidly. "Yes she should - shouldn't she?"

Jill's outspoken comments did not help Frank at all. He had had the same doubts himself recently.

He had however made up his mind that when the baby was born he would insist that Jane should move to live with him. He intended to make every effort to make his marriage work despite his doubts.

As the evening went on Jill began to talk more about herself and her parents. Frank began to realise that Jill had her problems too and that she too was probably quite lonely.

Jill told him." My parents don't understood why I don't want to become a doctor. Since I made the decision they seem to have lost interest in what I do; don't get me wrong, they look after me and provide for me, but they never ask about my studies, or boyfriends or anything"

Frank found himself comparing Jane with Jill. He knew that it was wrong, but he couldn't help himself. He was, infatuated with her. It was nine-o'clock, before Jill's clothes were dry enough for her to dress to go home. Frank was reluctant to let her go, time had passed quickly for him and he had enjoyed her company. He offered to walk her home... As they walked slowly towards her house. Jill tucked her arm in his, pulling him close to her. She was very happy; she was gently teasing him just as though he was an old friend. Unfortunately the walk took only a few minutes. As they stopped outside her house Frank heard himself say.

"Thank you Jill for a very pleasant evening. Will you come and see me again soon?"

"Oh yes please. Jill replied." I'd love to."

Turning to face him, she planted a light kiss on his cheek. Jill called out as Frank walked away.

"Good night Frank."Thank you for everything."

Opening her handbag, she found the key that she had told Frank that she had lost. Jill looked down the street after Frank. She knew he could not hear her as she said.

"Well Frank, a girl has to take her chances. Just give me time and you will be mine." It had been a wonderful evening, despite the sacrifice of having to stand under that overflowing drain to get so wet. But it had been well worth it in the end. She stood waiting in the hallway forlornly. She wanted to tell her Mother about her evening. Hoping that she would ask where she had been, perhaps even scold her for being late.

But no, her Mother having heard her come in, appeared from the lounge. She was not at all curious; nor did she want to comment on her daughter's bedraggled appearance. She just said "Oh it's you darling. Are you alright?" Without even bothering to wait for her answer, she walked back into the lounge, closing the door behind her. Jill stood there for a moment, a tear trickled down her cheek. Sobbing quietly, she ran upstairs to her bedroom.

She had been so happy when she came in. It would have been a wonderful climax to the evening, to be able to sit down, over a cup of Coffee with her Mother and tell her about Frank. She thought miserably. It is as if I did not exist. Jill increasingly wondered what would happen if she stopped coming home. It was possible she thought that they would not miss her for several days. Jill had fallen for Frank as soon as she had joined his class. He was a good teacher, he was kind and he made Maths easy and interesting. He had time for the slow learners, never ever appearing to lose patience.

Apart from that, he was good looking with kind eyes and a good sense of humour. He was polite, commanded respect and treated the students with respect. This was not always the case with many tutors. All the students liked him, many of the other girls also admitted to having a 'crush' on him. Seeing him this afternoon outside the library had been pure chance. She had told a few lies, taken a few risks but, her plan had succeeded so far. Now he was her good friend; soon, if she had her way, he would be more, much more. She was not going to let him get away now.

Frank walked home in a daze. He could not believe how he, a normal sensible married man could find himself so enraptured with a girl he hardly knew. His mind was in conflict. He had to see more of this enchanting creature - yet common sense told him that he was a married man with a baby due any time now. It was as though she had cast some sort of spell over him.

That night as she lay in bed, Jill began to realise that she was no longer angry with her Mother. Her parents, she decided were no longer important to her. She still loved them, she supposed she always would. All that mattered to Jill now was Frank. She realised that she loved him. He made her feel important, and he understood her. She vowed that from now on her life would be devoted to him and to their mutual happiness.

As usual, she drifted off to sleep to dream about Frank, but tonight her dreams had greater reality. He was no longer her teacher, tonight he was her lover, husband and the father of her children. Jill would have been ecstatic, had she known that not far away Frank was also dreaming about her.

During the next week Frank saw Jill several times in class. They smiled at each other when they met, but apart from that, it was as though their meeting had never taken place. Jill knew that she should not push him too hard. Although she wanted to go and speak to him, she sensed that for now, he would appreciate her discretion.

Frank could not get Jill out of his mind. For a few days he watched with apprehension for reactions from other students. He knew that most girls her age could not have resisted the temptation to talk about an evening alone with a male teacher. Perhaps, adding a few extra spicy details of their own. As the week passed, Frank's anxieties eased, slowly he became satisfied that Jill had kept their meeting a secret. He had seen no sign of the surreptitious smiles, or the giggling behind hands, that would have happened had she talked. He began to feel that he could trust her. He knew that somehow he must spend more time with her, but he knew that it could be dangerous, both professionally and personally. He was very conscious, that he was after all he was a married man, but he was lonely and he had enjoyed their evening together so much.

As he moved about the College on his normal duties he realised that he was looking for her. When she walked into his classroom his eyes followed her avidly. He knew that Jill was conscious of his interest. She ensured that their eyes rarely met. She knew she could not trust herself not to betray her feelings.

That week Frank began to take more, than the normal interest in Jill's mathematics assignments. She was no longer just another student. She was special. He was resolved to help her in any way that he could. He admired her obvious courage and tenacity, in his determination to help her, he became more attentive and critical in marking her work, yet, he made absolutely sure that every comment he made was as constructive and helpful as it could possibly be.

As her Tutor, he was expected to maintain the professional relationship that was implicit in his position. He knew he should not get involved emotionally with her, but he wanted to. It was hopeless, he was losing the battle. He wanted to see her again. He became desperate, hoping fervently that their friendship was not at an end. Every night during that week, he waited hoping for a knock on the door, but it did not come. He knew well enough that student tutor friendships can easily be misconstrued.

It was not as though, she was below the age of consent, or, that there was a great gap in their respective ages. As the week went on he gradually became depressed, his spirits sank. He began to convince himself it had all been a dream. On the Thursday morning, exactly one week from their meeting. Jill waited until all the other students had left the room. Approaching Frank she asked him. "Did you mean it, when you told me to come and see you if I had problems with my work?

Frank smiled his heart beating with excitement. "Of course Jill... I thought you would never ask."

"Would it be possible for me to come and see you this evening, to go over one or two points that are bothering me? She asked. Laughingly he said, "On one condition. You have to come to tea first and sample my Baked Beans on Toast. Come at about 4.30 if you can". Smiling back at him, her eyes showing her pleasure. She turned away saying "Thank you Sir. I'll see you later".

Jill knew from Frank's reaction that she had employed exactly the right tactics. As she had spoken to him, his yes had showed his relief; his voice had betrayed the excitement that he was feeling.

Exactly at 4.30 pm that afternoon Frank heard a tap on the door. Opening it, Jill stood shyly looking at him. He saw straight away that she had gone to great pains with her appearance. She looked slightly older with more make-up, Her light blue Jeans, enhanced her slim waist and hips, a smart white plain blouse and slightly higher heels than she normally wore at College, made her look absolutely enchanting. The effect was completed with a smart tailored blue jacket draped over her shoulders. In her hand was a document case which Frank assumed contained her notes.

Frank smiled happily, "Hello, Jill you look ravishing tonight - who is the lucky fellow?"

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.