Cathy Douglas - Cover

Cathy Douglas

Copyright© 2006 by Wandering Lanes

Chapter 18

Chris Henderson

Cathy Douglas has been captured by the Association, Chris Henderson has demanded — and been given — Cathy as his prisoner, by using his powers he knocks out one goon who was going to take Cathy as his own property and 'persuades' another man to take Cathy to Chris' room where Gwen Sheargold was still waiting.

Gwen opened the door, the man's eyes opened wide at the sight of her cheek, a flap of skin was hanging down from it. "Bloody hell!" He said and dropped Cathy on the floor. Gwen sighed and gently helped Cathy into the room, putting her onto the bed.

Chris entered the room to find Gwen bathing Cathy's brow with a damp cloth. She looked at him troubled. "What's going to happen to her?" She asked.

Chris shook his head. "I don't know? It's all happening too fast." He said. At this point Cathy stirred, she looked up to see Gwen's face, or rather the costume's face, looking at her she screamed and fainted.


Gwen looked at Chris worriedly, "What happened?" She asked.

Chris looked at her and then laughed, "You're still wearing your costume." He said.

Gwen looked surprised for a moment and then realised what he meant. Cathy began to stir again, Gwen went to move away from her but Chris stopped her and spoke instead, "Cathy relax; things are not always what they seem." He said as he could see Cathy was going to open her eyes.

Cathy stopped and seemed to concentrate, "A false form, created by..." She turned her head to where Chris was standing, when she opened her eyes she was looking at Chris, " ... You!" She finished, and then she got to her feet and looked at Gwen, "Gwen, are you really alright?" She asked.

Gwen nodded and then frowned, "Didn't you get my note?" She asked and at Cathy's blank look she added, "It was in the battery part of my phone, Chris did say you'd find it!"

Cathy shook her head, "We were so worried about you that we didn't even touch the phone, it's sitting on my desk at Alpha 3." She turned to Chris, "You knew there was a tracer in the phone?" She asked.

He nodded, "I've got a lot to tell you," He said, "It seems that the twins..." He began but Cathy held up her hand stopping him. He could feel her touch inside his head.

Cathy closed her eyes for a moment and then when she opened them "We need somewhere private." She said and then added "Dreamtime!"

Chris nodded and turned to Gwen, "We'll be back shortly." He said and closed his eyes.

He heard Gwen ask "Why? Where are you..." and he was away


Chris opened his eyes and found himself in the panelled room two armchairs were placed in front of a burning fire. He heard a sound and found Cathy was standing beside him, as he turned she slapped him with her hand. "How could you have started this?" She demanded.

Chris shook his head, "I couldn't help it ... it seems I was still under their control, even while Samantha and Samuel were training me." He said.

"Bullshit Chris and you know it!" Cathy said. "It was because you were trying to show off!"

"Well why not? It was always Cathy this and Cathy that, you were always so far ahead and showing off your skills, I was just there in the background, I wasn't given the chance! At least in the Association I convinced them that I was able to deliver!" He said and then added, "And that was with their program inside me!" He said As they talked the room wavered and changed to a scene of a young Chris playing a computer game, although on the screen were the words —

The Association is everything!

You will obey the Association!

The Association is your friend!

Believe in the Association! They will help you!

"I had no chance to fight it as I didn't even know my dad was working with them! Even when I was forming the team they gave me I was still under their control!" He said tears in his eyes.

Cathy reached out to him but he moved away from her. "I'm sorry Chris I didn't realise how you felt. I didn't know about what was happening. If I did I would have tried to help you. But you say you're free of the conditioning?" She asked.

Chris nodded, "It was something that Gwen said when I was moaning about Sir Timothy, she showed me her view as an outsider and somehow it broke their conditioning. I hate them now for what they've done and made me do! Help me Cathy." He said and reached for her hand.

"How can I ... you could be lying ... but..." Cathy looked into Chris' eyes and then she nodded, she reached out her hand and grasped Chris'


In the real world Gwen gasped as a blinding light seemed to engulf both Chris and Cathy, lighting up the whole room, she covered her eyes as the intensity seemed to grow.


Cathy could feel Chris completely inside her mind; the pain and anguish that he had felt when Sir Timothy was killed was almost overwhelming, she hugged him tightly "Oh Chris ... I'm so sorry ... so sorry." She said.

Chris shook his head, "I'm sorry as well Cathy, I didn't mean for Sir Timothy to be hurt, that wasn't what I had planned either. I was going to lead Grogan on until I could bring the Organisation here. That's why I put the address into the phone." He told her.

Cathy sobbed, "And we left the phone alone, because we didn't want to forget Gwen." She said.

"So what do we do?" Chris asked.

"You become what you are meant to be. Follow the path of the prophecy!" Samuel's voice spoke into their minds.

"Be happy as you have found yourselves." Samantha's voice then followed. Chris and Cathy broke away from each other and looked around. The room was empty.

"We've taught you how to use your respective powers, but that is just a start. When you find how to use them then you will truly have achieved your potentials." Samuel's voice spoke again.

Chris looked at Cathy, "What the hell was that all about?" He asked.

Cathy shook her head, "I don't know, when they're together it's the twilight zone all over." She said "Now what's going to happen?" She asked.

Chris sighed, "Well Grogan's going to lord it over you at first and I'm supposed to be breaking you down, by keeping Gwen with you ... they don't know that she isn't badly hurt, that it's just a costume! He'll want you to hand the Organisation over to him." He said

Cathy shook her head, "It wouldn't have worked! I'd never give up the Organisation to Grogan or any other person." She said.

Chris nodded, "I know! But I don't think it's just Grogan we're dealing with there are time when his eyes turn black and I can sense Bemalin's words when he speaks, almost as if he was taking control from the Dreamtime." He said and then added, "I should never have released him from the vacuum cleaner."

Cathy nodded; it was she who had put Bemalin into the cleaner when he had changed into a mist to kill her. "Alright so what was the backup plan for when I wouldn't submit?" Cathy asked.

"We have a woman who can mimic your voice; she's so good that even I can't tell the difference. She might even convince the Organisation that she's is you." Chris said, "I've done the best I can with her, even passed on some duff information, if she uses it ... then so much the better for us." He added.

Cathy sighed, "I hope she does trip up. We need all the help we can get." She said and then the pair broke contact.


Gwen saw the light dissipate and then Chris and Cathy started to stir, remembering what Chris had previously told her went to the sink and put some water into tumblers for them. Cathy took hers and then gave a smile. "What's happened? What was that light?" Gwen asked.

Cathy sipped at her water and then she looked at Gwen, "I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean, But Gwen I was so worried about you though, at first I really thought Chris had tortured you so badly. But when I look into your eyes ... I see you behind them, and the life that is in them ... I'm sorry about Jones; I know you truly loved him. But you knew that it wouldn't have worked out, not once he knew what you were." She said softly.

Gwen sadly nodded, "I know ... In a way I was being stupid..." She said

Cathy shook her head, "No, love is never stupid ... blind maybe but not stupid. We could see what was happening and would have helped you when you needed it; we're still there for you." She said holding the older woman.

Gwen nodded, "I know, that's why Chris has been such a comfort to me, He's kept me safe from the others here, some of them were looking at me as if I was a piece of meat." She said

"I never did!" Chris protested.

Gwen smiled, "I know, at first I was scared about what was going to happen, you've no idea what I was expecting ... but Chris was the perfect gentleman, apart from scaring the shit out of me!" She said looking at Chris.

"I had to convince the spy that Grogan had sent that I was truly going to torture Gwen, but when it came to it ... I just couldn't do it!" He said.

Cathy laughed, "Of course you couldn't! It not in your nature to do that. I do know that now." She said.

There was a pounding at the door, "Open up kid! I want my prize back!" A man's voice shouted through the door.

Cathy scanned the mind of the man outside and shivered, "He's angry and he's horny." She said.

Chris nodded, "I know him! He was one of the men who captured you. They tend to think of such captures as theirs by privilege." He said, "It was something that the Association has kept to keep the troops happy."

Cathy looked at Gwen who nodded to Chris, "He was the one who saved me, as Grogan was going to throw me to the men."

Chris looked to the floor, "I couldn't let them hurt Gwen, I mean she was only doing her job." He said

"But I did know what could happen ... I just didn't expect it so soon." Gwen said.

The pounding on the door started again, "Come on punk! I want my girl!" The man said angrily.

Chris shook his head and then gave a smile. "Time for a lesson I think." He said and concentrated. He then opened the door.

The man on the other side took a step back at Chris' face. "Just 'cos you sucker-punched me it doesn't mean you've won! I want my girl... NOW!" He demanded.

Chris shook his head, "Too late old man! She's mine fair and square. Find someone else to take your grief out on. I'm busy!" Chris said.

The man, Gilbert, pushed on the door. He knew that he outweighed Chris by several pounds, but the door didn't move as Chris had anchored it to the floor; it was also strengthen so that it was like iron. Gilbert gave a fierce smile. "A simple wedge ain't going to stop me!" He said and moved away from the door. Chris knew what was going to happen and so he stood by the door as Gilbert charged it. The solid thud announced his arrival and the groan as he staggered back clutching his shoulder, Chris smiled and then smoothly moved the door back and forward, it having returned to its normal state.

"You know Gilbert I'm getting annoyed at always being thought of as the punk kid! I'm the brains of the Association! I'm the one who's getting you guys the business you wanted. And so I deserve any rewards I can get! Cathy Douglas is mine! DO YOU ALL HEAR THAT?" He shouted the last to hear it echo down the corridor. "WHEN I DEMAND A GIRL SHE'S MINE!" He said and then turned his attention to Gilbert. "Now go away and don't bother me again!" He told the man and then went back into his room shutting the door.


It was a couple of hours later that Chris was ordered to see 'Lord Grogan' and to take 'the Cathy bitch' with him. Cathy allowed Chris to create a body for her - which he adjusted to show bruises and cuts. Cathy followed what he did and then noticed that the body seemed to use her own movements to breath and power but there was no intelligence there. Although Chris could create life of a sort he couldn't empower it completely.

Chris then produced a dog collar and lead which Cathy smiled at, "Don't ruin the effect Cathy; you've been ill used since you arrived here!" He reminded her as an added effect he gave Gwen a collar and lead as well. They then walked to Grogan's chambers Cathy being dragged by Chris with Gwen walking behind but with him. "Come on Cathbitch! The Lord Grogan won't wait forever!" He snarled at her but Cathy didn't answer him.

They arrived in the chamber to find Gilbert was already there talking to Grogan " ... and it's my right to have the bitch for myself, she was captured by me and my team, what right does this runt have to..."

"I have every right to take whatever I want by rule of conquest!" Chris spoke up as he swaggered in. "And anyway the Lord Grogan said I could have her!" He added sowing some more seeds of discord in the Association.

"It seems I was a bit hasty in my granting of your request, it is indeed the right of the capturing team to have their prize..." Grogan said which made Gilbert start to grin. "However you have proven your right to keep Cathy through the actions that you have taken." He said with the air of authority being well done.

Chris bowed to Grogan, "Thank you for your wise decision Lord Grogan. I have brought my toy for you to question." He added with a smile.

Grogan smiled, "Thank you my boy. Now Cathy ... you understand that you are completely within our power." Grogan said.

Cathy looked up sullenly, "I am here, but you only have me not the Organisation!" She said defiantly.

Grogan laughed, and Cathy could hear Bemalin's voice in the laughter. "This time there will be no escape for you, and my master will delight in your body once more!" Grogan said.

Cathy gave a smile, "Your master? The being I trapped because he was weak and didn't understand things ... that thing? He never had me at all and he never will." She said and looked into Grogan's eyes and beyond. "You hear me Bemalin ben Sur? You will be defeated once again!" She said

Grogan snarled and moved his head away. "GIVE ME THE ORGANISATION!" He demanded angrily.

Cathy crossed her arms and gave a smile while shaking her head, "No Grogan, I won't. And nothing you do to me will make me!" She said defiantly once again.

Grogan looked at Chris, "You may have her for a few days, but if she still doesn't obey then I will 'entertain' her myself!" He said but again Bemalin's influence could be heard in his voice.

Chris bowed, "Certainly my Lord." He said and rose with a smile on his face. "Come on slaves I need food!" He said and tugged on the leads connected to Gwen and Cathy pulling them away from Grogan's chamber.

Outside the room Gilbert was waiting for Chris a block of wood in his hands, Cathy could feel him there, she sent a mental message to Chris who nodded his head. He pushed the door open and stood back.

'THWACK!' The block of wood hit the door and then Gilbert put his head around the door to see what damage he had inflicted on Chris. His eyes widened when he saw Chris standing there unharmed and shaking his head.

"That was childish Gilbert! But you've taken you shot and so it's my turn." He said standing in front of Gilbert.

Gilbert pulled out his gun, "Enough! I want that girl and I'm going to take her, now hand her over!" He said threatening Chris with the gun.

Chris didn't answer but concentrated on holding the gun in his mind, putting the safety lock on the gun quietly. He then smiled at Gilbert "I don't think so Gilbert, you're too sloppy!" he said and then moved his fist forward with a build up of solid air in front of it, Gilbert was lifted off the floor with the force of the strike hitting the wall behind him. Chris shook his head at the unconscious man and then bent down picking up the gun; he unlocked the safety and pointed the gun at Gilbert, hearing the clicking of guns being cocked at the other guards pointed their guns at him.

"Don't kill the fool Chris, he's already lost." Grogan said to him from the dais in his chamber.

"I disagree, he's slow to listen to his betters, takes too many risks and for that he should be punished!" Chris said watching Gilbert open his eyes and take in the scene before him. Chris moved the unwavering gun slightly and pulled the trigger, there was sound of the gun firing and a chip of stone ricocheted off the wall striking Gilbert in the cheek. "Not enough power for me, you should think of changing it!" Chris said taking out the magazine from the handgrip and then ejecting the cartridge that had been automatically loaded. He threw the gun at Gilbert and then walked down the corridor to his room leading his two charges as he did so. (He'd changed Gilbert's gun back to being normal while this was happening.)


When they got back to Chris' quarters Cathy turned on him, "Did you have to do that?" She demanded.

Chris made sure the door was secure and that the audio bugs weren't working before he answered. "Yes! If I hadn't then Grogan would have let Gilbert take you, and after he had raped you he would have shared you with the rest of the team! I didn't want that to happen to you." He said.

Cathy shook her head, "No he wouldn't! That isn't Grogan anymore, Bemalin's taken him over, all that there is just a shell with a puppeteer pulling its strings." Cathy said.

Gwen just looked at the pair of them, "What do you mean?" She asked, "Bemalin's taken Grogan over? I thought Bemalin was some sort of bogy-man back in never-never land?" She said.

Cathy sighed, "Bemalin's worse than that! He stayed in the Dreamtime to control the Association, but unlike Sir Robert he's become more hedonistic demanding pleasures for himself. He would take the minds of dreamers and force them to play for him, or insert a piece of him inside people to control them like a parasite worm." She said, "But with Grogan it's different, he's taken complete control, there's nothing left of the man within." She said.

"So how can you two fight that?" Gwen asked.

Chris looked at Cathy who smiled back at him, "apparently it's something we've been training to do for the past few weeks." She said.

"But how do we know what to do?" Chris asked.

"Well the twins said we would find out but I'm not sure what to do?" Cathy said to him worriedly.

"I don't know if this means anything but while you two were unconscious earlier there was a bright light surrounding you." Gwen said.

Chris and Cathy looked at each other, "But why?" Chris asked.

Cathy shook her head, "I don't know, we didn't do anything there. Except I looked into your head." She said.

Chris nodded, "So try it now." He said.

Cathy closed her eyes and concentrated, she could see Chris's mind. 'Anything happening?' she asked him mentally.

'Not a thing. What the hell did we do different the other time?' Chris answered the same way.

Cathy opened her eyes and shook her head. "Did anything happen out here?" She asked Gwen

Gwen shook her head, "No, you just closed your eyes and Chris looked spaced out for a moment but that was all." Gwen reported.

Chris shook his head as well, "Then there's nothing we can do at the moment. But I'm going to have to show Grogan ... Bemalin, that I've been working on you." He said.

Gwen stopped him. "That's not going to work. He's going to expect more with Cathy." She said suggestively

Cathy looked at Gwen and then blushed, "I'm not letting him do that!" She said flatly

Gwen smiled, "He doesn't have to. I'll explain to him what the effects of rape are on an unwilling person and he'll create them on the costume you're wearing." She told Cathy

Chris was now blushing as he realised what was being suggested, it wasn't that he didn't know about sex ... it was just that he'd never tried it himself! "But I don't know what to do?" he said worriedly

Gwen nodded, "I know! I have helped out in a domestic violence section and that included rape cases. Most of the injuries are defensive ones and marks on the thighs and inner thighs. Cathy you're going to pretend to have problems walking for a few days, and Chris I'm going to need some bruises on Cathy's costume." Gwen directed.

Chris looked at Cathy, "Could you move out please Cathy?" He asked.

Cathy blinked for a moment, she hadn't realised that she was still wearing the costume. "Oh, alright." She said and moved out of it. Chris concentrated and the clothes on the costume vanished.

Cathy and Gwen started to laugh at the sight of the costume now denuded. "You really don't know about girls do you?" Gwen asked.

Chris frowned, "What do you mean? It does what it has to!" He said.

Cathy nodded, "Yes, but it looks like a Barbie doll, there's no colour on the tits and only a hole where..." She said and stopped.

Chris blushed so much that the other two thought he would burst into flames. "So I'm no good with girls, so what?" He said.

Gwen went to him and put her arms around his shoulders. "That's alright Chris, in a way it's quite cute of you." She said.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.