Past Lives - Cover

Past Lives

Copyright© 2006 by Ms. Friday

Chapter 26

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 26 - Past Lives is coming-of-age story with a twist. Brent Carson's memories of his past two lives were as strong and vivid as the life he currently lived. In his immediate past life he was a woman named Jane Wilson, a landscape painter, and Brent not only inherited her memories but also her artistic talents. That Jane was bisexual and promiscuous gave Brent an edge with young women

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Magic   BiSexual   Incest   Brother   Sister   Group Sex   Interracial   White Female   Oriental Male   Oral Sex   Masturbation   Squirting   Lactation   Slow   Violence  

I felt like Mary had just knocked me to the ground by hitting me with my pickup truck, and then bumped the tires over my prone and dazed body a half-dozen times. Back and forth. Back and forth. Thump. Thump. Thump.

"Before you leave, I want to become your wife," she'd said. As those words were sinking in, she added, "Nothing elaborate. A simple civil ceremony, and the wedding can remain secret; a secret between just the three of us, if that's what you want. When you return, and after you turn eighteen, we'll have an elaborate wedding: white gown, veil, tuxedos, hundreds of guests, the whole nine yards."

She'd obviously given a lot of thought...

I stopped the thought abruptly. With an abrupt about-face, I no longer felt amenable. I was suddenly angry. I felt like I was being manipulated and used. Mary had been ecstatic when I asked her to be my wife. She'd been unhappy when I informed her that the engagement would be a long one. Was she using the situation to get what she wanted? Besides, I was about to risk my life for her. Freemont's beef was with her, not me.

Whoa! I told myself. That's not entirely true. Freemont murdered Mom and Dad. He deserves to die for that alone.

"Why?" I said to Mary. Were my anger and doubts reflected in that one word?

She frowned. "What do you mean?"

With an attempt at a neutral voice, I said, "Why are you insisting that we get married before I leave?"

Sudden tears flushed her eyes. "Because I love you. Because if you don't come back, I'll never be Mrs. Brent Carson, and being Mrs. Brent Carson is what my life is all about."

I said nothing, but my anger softened.

"Because I've told you more than once that you are the only man I'll ever love. If you don't return, I won't experience the comfort and joy of being in your arms or any man's arms again." Her tears overflowed and streaked her face. "And I'll need the comfort of being Mrs. Brent Carson to go on with the rest of my life."

Had I read her wrong? Was becoming my wife before I left a heartfelt need in case I didn't return, or was the condition a ploy to force me to move our wedding date forward?

"What will you do if I don't agree to this condition?" I asked.

"I will leave Joy with Grace, and I will go with you, because if you die, I want to die with you."

A heartfelt need. I'd read her wrong.

"Is there a waiting period in Arizona?" I asked.

"No," Grace said.

"I don't know," Mary said at the same time. I watched hope bloom in her teary eyes.

"There is no waiting period, and there are no blood tests," Grace said. "To apply for a license, you must appear in person with a picture I.D. In your case, Brent, because of your age, the Court's decree declaring you an emancipated adult would be prudent, as well. The marriage license cost $50, cash or money order. You can get married the same day."

I laughed. "Grace, why are you so up to date on these facts?"

"After Mary and I talked, and anticipating your question, I used Rubin's laptop and went on the Internet."

"We don't have wedding rings," I said.

"Brent, you ninny!" Grace shouted. "Yes or no!"

I pulled Mary to her feet and wrapped my arms around her. "Wanna get married tomorrow?"


I was sitting alone when Rubin handed me his encrypted cell phone. Mary and Grace were in Grace's room, probably making wedding plans.

"It's James," Rubin said and walked away.

"James, thanks for calling," I said. "Have you been briefed on what happened today?"

"Yes. I've also been briefed on the potential assignment you requested."

"Newt told me that you were the only operative that could do the job," I said.

James chuckled. "Type-casting. I'm Chinese. The job is in Taiwan, so I drew the short straw. As I understand the job, it has three parts. Part one: put you next to Freemont so you can kill him. Part two: make sure his death can't be traced to you. Part three: keep you alive and relatively unscathed in the process."

"I couldn't have said it better myself," I said. His job specifications exceeded mine. I preferred his.

He said, "I'll take on the job, but unfortunately, I'm still working another assignment."

"Will you be able to save the little girl?" I asked.

He didn't respond, and the silence stretched out.

"Grace trusts me, James," I said. "She told no one but me, and I've said nothing about your assignment to anyone except to you right now."

"That assignment ended successfully some time ago. I moved directly to another assignment. When this assignment ends, I will move directly to yet another assignment — yours, Brent."

"I understand." I also understood that it was unwise to ask James about an assignment.

"Fortunately," James said, "the nature of your assignment requires advance work. I say fortunately because your assignment can move forward while I finish the one I'm on. Under my direction, the advance work will start immediately after we settle a number of important issues. We've defined the job, but you have another option, Brent. My organization does not accept assassination contracts, but I can recommend an individual who does that kind of work, and he's very good at it. This option substantially reduces personal risk."

I'd believed that option was not available to me, and James's offer had just put it on the table. Instead of feeling relief that I could eliminate or reduce the risk I faced doing the job myself, I felt... uncomfortable.

"Well?" James said.

"I'm thinking. Give me a minute."

The more I considered hiring an assassin the more uncomfortable I felt. I finally realized that my unease came from abdicating personal responsibility.

"I don't think so, James. If I fail, that option can be the fallback position for Grace and Mary, though. I could be wrong; Grace would say I'm wrong, but the application of justice for what Freemont did to my parents has become personal for me. Hiring the job out would make me feel like I was shirking the responsibility."

"I understand," James said. "If I were you, I'd feel the same way. Let's talk about the financial aspects of the assignment now. You are a friend, and I'm in love with one of the women Freemont is threatening. That makes it personal for me, so I will donate my time for the assignment. Still, you'll be required to pay all other expenses, and they are substantial. Newt did a preliminary spreadsheet. The total came to $100,000, and that number could go higher."

The amount surprised me. I knew what I wanted done would be expensive, but...

"Unfortunately," James said, interrupting my thoughts, "if you wrote one check to our organization in that amount, it would become a big red flag and threaten parts two and three of the job. It would be possible to trace Freemont's death back to you by following the money trail. To avoid the red flag, subterfuge is necessary. You mentioned an elaborate security system for your new house. Can you make a partial payment in advance for that system out of your construction loan?"

"Probably, but not to the tune of $100,000," I said.

James laughed. "We were thinking in terms of $25,000."

"I can make that happen."

"Good. The next point of subterfuge will be the condo in Hawaii. You will be asked to pay $25,000 for your stay there, and it would be better if Grace or Mary paid that expense, not you. The condo won't cost that much. This is merely a way to move some the retainer from you to us."

"I can make that happen, too."

"That takes care of half the retainer. Next, you'll be given two invoices in varying amounts for art supplies that total $10,000. Grace and Mary will be given similar invoices for new furnishing for the house for around $10,000 each. And finally, you will receive an invoice for legal services from Newt for $20,000. That brings the retainer to $100,000 and will put everything in motion. Of course, at the end of the job, you will be given a full accounting of all expenses."

"Your plan sounds workable. Let's do it," I said.

"Good. Next issue. I'll run the operation, Brent, not you. I want your input, so we'll discuss the various decisions that must me made, but any and all decisions are mine to make. In other words, it's my way or the highway. If this isn't acceptable to you, I'll give you the name and phone number of the assassin for hire that I mentioned, and then I'll walk away from your vendetta without looking back."

"Vendetta?" I said, taken back somewhat by the descriptive word.

"Yes. That's what this is, in part anyway. Oh, you want Mary and Grace safe, and that's the other part, but your need to extract vengeance personally can't be denied. Otherwise, you'd hire the assassin instead of me."

I said nothing.

"That doesn't make you a bad person, Brent," he said. "In your shoes, I'd want to kill the cowardly sociopath with my bare hands." He chuckled. "I wouldn't, though. Experience and rational thinking would prevail, and I'd take him out with a sniper rifle. You didn't acknowledge and accept my demand that you'll say how high when I say jump during the course of this assignment."

"You leave me no choice."

"If you want my help, that's correct."

"You'll ask for and listen to my input?"

"Yes, if time allows."

"Okay. You're the boss, James."

"Good. When we hang up, I'll put the advance work in motion."

"Tell me about the advance work," I said.

"I'll hire men to put Freemont under surveillance and a photographer to take pictures of Freemont's stronghold, both ground-based and aerial photography. I'll hire an electronic-surveillance specialist to back up and assist the physical surveillance, and if needed I'll hire a security-systems specialist to ferret out the security Freemont has installed to protect his stronghold."

James sighed. "If we can't take Freemont in his stronghold, we must know his activity patterns and how he's protected when he moves out and about in the city. The weapons we'll use in Taipei must be assembled and waiting for us. I'll hire standby medical help, just in case, and my men will determine and analyze alternate escape methods and routes. You'll need a new identity, including a driver's license, passport, and a visa to enter Taiwan. There's more but I've hit on the major items."

I was starting to understand why the job would cost me $100,000. I was also starting to feel more comfortable about the job. I'd hired the right people.

James said, "Deal with the money issues, Brent, and then disappear with the ladies to our condo in Hawaii. Rubin will set up the disappearing act. You can't leave a money trail, so follow his directions to the letter. I'll meet you in Hawaii when my current assignment ends. We'll put the finishing touches on the take-down plan there, and I'll fly with you from Hawaii to Taipei."

"All right. How long will this take? I have an obligation to finish fourteen paintings..."

He interrupted me. "This is a life or death situation, Brent. Ignore your art until this is finished. As to the time it will take from start to finish, it's impossible to say right now."

"At the very least, I'll want my work put in secure storage," I said. "And I'll need to work with Bill to make certain the construction on our house moves forward during our absence."

"Tell Rubin. I've gotta go, Brent. The next time we speak will be face to face in Hawaii. Deal with Newt and Rubin until then. Okay?"

"Yes."


The wedding was not a beautiful, heartwarming event. As Mary predicted it was nothing elaborate, a simple civil ceremony, and we kept it a secret between the three of us, except for Rubin, Newt, and the operatives-in-training Rubin used for the advanced surveillance at the Justice Court in Tempe where we obtained the marriage license and intoned our vows in front of a Justice of the Peace.

Mary said it for both of us as we drove away after the ceremony. "I don't feel married," she muttered. "We're married, but I don't feel married, and as far as I'm concerned, when you return to me, we'll still be engaged, Brent. When it's time for our real wedding, I want the whole nine yards. Okay?"

"That's what I want," I said. We were holding hands, so I squeezed hers affectionately. "We'll have a small honeymoon in Hawaii, though, while we wait for James to finish the assignment he's on."

She smiled. "There's that." Her smile didn't remove her sad expression. "The wedding was a mistake, Brent. I'm sorry."

"Your reasoning was valid. If I don't come back, you can be Mrs. Brent Carson." Still, I had to admit that the wedding had the feel of a non-event, like a Jane Wilson night on the town that turned sour, and she returned to her bed alone.

"There's that," Mary said again, this time without the smile.

Mary didn't want to feel happy, not at that moment, so I let her stew in her subdued, slightly depressed state and went about the chores that would set what I called Operation Retribution in motion. I called it Operation Retribution, but silently and to myself. I referred to it as Operation Justice when I spoke of it out loud. Why justice as a description was acceptable but retribution wasn't, I couldn't say. Most forms of justice are retribution disguised, but vengeance is negative and justice positive.

The invoices James had mentioned arrived. Mary and Grace paid their amounts, and I paid mine. A call to Bill along with faxing the invoice for the down payment for a security system put $25,000 in the chute for payment on our next construction draw. Newt accepted the delay on that segment of the retainer, letting me know that the delay wouldn't hamper progress, and while talking to Bill about the security system invoice, I discussed my concerns about the house with him. He promised that my absence wouldn't impede construction progress. A photographer stopped by the safe house and took some pictures for my new identity, and Rubin arranged to have my paintings, finished or not, moved to secure storage. Agnes, at my request, supervised the move. That we were in hiding didn't surprise her. I didn't tell her about the ill-conceived wedding.

Two days later we landed in Honolulu, changed planes, and flew to Maui.


Introspection and self-analysis are dubious recreations best left for happy times. Otherwise, they tend to take you deeper into a pit of depression, and Mary was digging a bottomless pit. Digging for China? I snickered at that thought.

She'd insisted that we get married so she'd have a fallback emotional position should my quest for justice or retribution — take your pick — backfire on me. She'd made a mistake and sincerely regretted the condition she'd placed on me for her support for my upcoming act of retribution. Yes, I'd picked. It was retribution.

I miss you Mom and Dad. What did Mom use to say? I believe that I knew what she'd say. She'd often stated that she wouldn't get even; she'd get ahead. Killing Fremont wouldn't make me even, let alone put me ahead, but his untimely death was the only payback I had.

I stood inside the Maui condo where we were hiding from Freemont and watched my bride outside leaning back against a beach chair. She gazed at the breaking deep blue waves as they turned into white froth when they rolled up onto the white sand beach.

"She's upset," Grace said and put her arm around my waist.

"I know."

"With herself, not at you."

"I know."

"You can fix it."

"How?"

"Sex for the fun of it." Her arm hugged me to her side.

I laughed. "That might do it."

"Nothing mushy. No protestations of undying love. Maybe a talk-and-fuck."

My head spun toward my sister. She wore a mischievous grin.

"Mary told you about our talk-and-fucks, huh?" I said, grinning back at her.

"Yep, not what you talked about, just the process. Sounds fun. Sexy fun."

"It is," I said.

"What do you talk about?"

"Some fantasies, but mostly about our past sexual experiences. Mary's better at it than I. She tells complete stories; each has a beginning, middle, and end. Besides the nitty-gritty, she sets up the scene, describes the characters, and deals with their motivations, all of which elevates my visual imagination to a fever pitch."

"Does she talk dirty?"

"Sometimes."

"Do you?"

I chortled. "Yep. Dirty talk and talk-and-fucks go hand in hand."

Grace shook her lovely head. "I can only imagine the high degree of trust, unconditional acceptance, and the tremendous self-confidence required by both participants. Most couples couldn't do it without creating rifts in their relationship. Jealousy or envy could crop up. Or in the other direction: disgust or perhaps even fear. You know this, don't you?"

I frowned. "I hadn't thought of the sexy activity in that fashion." I turned my frown into a big smile. "Talk-and-fucks just make me hot."

"That I can imagine."


Thunderheads rolled slowly across the sky. I could see them through a window as I pushed my stiff cock inside my Mary. I'd taken my sister's advice and enticed my wife inside the bungalow for some sex just for the fun of it.

Mary brushed my hand away from her pussy and took on the task with her own fingers. Her hips made small waves as her arousal slowly increased.

"What are you thinking about?" she asked.

I chuckled self-consciously. Because Grace had recommended the talk-and-fuck, I'd let my imagination explore the possibilities that Mary had created in my mind when Mary told me about her discussion with my sister about masturbation. Mary had had more to say about that incident, but I'd stopped her. Should I encourage her to revisit the event and tell me what happened?

"You and Grace," I said.

"What about us?" Mary pressed as her fingers started to move faster over her clitoris.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.