Slave to the Empire - Cover

Slave to the Empire

Copyright© 2006 by Lord of Storms

Chapter 12: Sorcerer 4

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 12: Sorcerer 4 - A group of heroes are recruited to steal an artifact that could destroy an empire, but all is not as it appears, and doing the right thing may lead to their deaths.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   NonConsensual   Reluctant   Coercion   Magic   Slavery   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Hermaphrodite   Fiction   Science Fiction   Vampires   BDSM   DomSub   FemaleDom   Rough   Sadistic   Torture   Slow   Violence  

A memory of seasons past...

Savren only caught glimpses of Lady Trelyana during that period. It seemed to him that She was avoiding him after each lesson. It hurt him to think such, but he did not know what to do. Then it all changed. He managed to wait for Her outside her chambers one night and stood silently as she approached. Her lips were compressed in a thin line as she spotted him. She opened her door and paused, then snagged one of his ears and launched him into her room.

"I trust there is some reason for this apprentice." Her voice could freeze water.

"I... I wanted to see You Mistress."

She slapped him. Hard. His eyes lost focus at the blow for the moment.

She kissed him.

"You should not be here." She whispered, stroking his face where her blow landed. "It is not proper, not like this."

"I love you."

Her pale skin seemed to flush pale pink for the briefest moment. Her hand fumbled in one of her pouches. She withdrew a small jewel and clipped it to his collar.

"I have spoken to your mother."

"Oh."

"I will meet her mate-price." She ran her hand through his hair, an almost gentle gesture. "You must go now. I have to leave for a few days on a mission for the Empress. We will have a formal betrothal when I return."

Savren took her hand in his and kissed it gently, then withdrew. He threw himself into his work, gathering in both magickal strength and knowledge. Lady Trelyana never returned to the Tower, and he grew worried. Something was amiss, but even his Master said nothing about it. Investigations turned up nothing.

It was a cold autumn day when his Master called him to her presence.

"Savren, a situation has developed to which your unique skills will be of great asset."

"Yes Master?"

"A four man team will be going north into Iceholme to take care of some business."

"Man? You mean four men Master?"

"Yes. You are at a level where your abilities will allow for the success of this mission." She opened a small case on her desk and withdrew a silver pendant.

"This is a binding charm. If you accept this mission, you must be bound to the Empire. Both for our protection and yours." Her tone was serious. "Do you accept this?"

"May I ask a question Master?"

"You may."

"Does this in anyway relate to the disappearance of Lady Trelyana."

Her eyes softened. "Yes."

"I accept."

Esmerelda attached the pendant to his collar and spoke the words of the charm. Savren shuddered as he felt a wave of magick flash over him.

"Gather your robes and your staff. We must be off."

"Where to Master?"

"Your home. The others will be gathering shortly in the Hall of the Dragonriders."

She led him to the Great Hall of the Black Tower where there was assembling a force of Mages to go through the Portal at the far end of the Hall to the Aerie. The Portal Network reached across the Empire, linking the Imperial capital with the all of the Duchy capitals as well as key fortress locations. The Portals were linked to each of the Grand Duchesses and the Empress, and only they could access the magickal gates that allowed for instantaneous travel. Savren noted the signs of others in preparation for deployment along with what appeared to be the first contingent. His Master approached the Portal and withdrew her badge of office from her Bodice and held it before. She uttered a single word.

A kaleidoscope of color swirled into being before him between a frame work of two ancient pillars, the Portal was awake. Leading the procession, Lady Esmerelda entered the gateway.

Homecoming proved to be bittersweet for Savren. He was only allowed a brief embrace of his mother before everything was brought into the open.

"Now that we are all here," Syrena spoke. "We can get down to business." A half-elf stood behind her in armor with a pack at his feet. He saw that there were two other men along side the two newcomers.

"This is the mission that you have all been prepared for." Syrena looked them over. "Successful completion of this mission will mean that the threat of Iceholme will be neutralized for a long time. Failure will mean a long, drawn out war. Each of you is masters of your chosen fields, and we have added to your training the best we have been able. I know it will be difficult on you all having to work together in this, but it has been for the best that you were all trained separately. Aerick, former mercenary commander, will lead you to your destination." She nodded at the half-elf. "Kieron, former thief, yours it to get the party into the heavily guarded Castile Torment." She nodded at the human beside the High Inquisitor. "Savren, sorcerer born, you are to provide magickal support." Savren nodded to himself. "And finally, Sir Toril, Paladin of Sioban Morning Star, to you will fall the harsh task of warrior to guard and protect your fellows."

Hallia looked at the assembled four. "There is a crystal inside that castle. It must be destroyed."

"What does it do?" Savren inquired.

"It has the power to detect and render Inquisitors incapable of using their gifts. Had such a crystal not been created, we would not have needed your assistance in this matter."

Esmerelda leaned on her staff. "The castle is shielded from hostile magicks. It is relatively open to the mental disciplines of the Inquisition. A team of sorceresses, Inquisitors, and Assassins was sent in when we first learned of the possible existence of the crystal, but they were killed. Their deaths must be avenged." Savren paled, his hand white on his staff.

Finally, Murelle turned her gaze on the four. "They were killed by Cymra the Black, once Lady Cymra, second daughter of Empress Corrine IV. As per Imperial law, the daughters of the Empress are to be trained in all of the main houses. She was a brilliant student, but flawed with ambition and pride. She sought to master skills and knowledge that had been forbidden since the first Empress. She was exiled four hundred and seventy two years ago. She traveled far, and learned much, including the dark rites of resurrection. She cannot be killed by mortal means. She has aligned with the Lich King of Iceholme and seeks to avenger herself upon us. She must be destroyed. She is an abomination to everything we hold dear and sacred."

"Now you know." Syrena leaned on her spear. "You are to penetrate the interior of Iceholme, steal into the Castle, destroy the Dark Crystal, and escape. With the crystal destroyed, the Lich King will not support Cymra, and we will be able to restore peace to the border. The appropriate gear has been prepared for you all, and you will all leave immediately. Are there any questions?"

Syrena nodded slowly. "Then may the Goddess keep you all safe."

Savren took several deep breaths to cleanse and calm himself. His Master stood apart, speaking softly with the High Inquisitor and the Vampire. The Dark Lady of the Assassins slowly turned her head to stare at him. He blinked as if something leapt between them.

All four bowed formally to their respective owners, then filed out silently to the portal that would take them to a special site along the border.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.