Axe Victim - Cover

Axe Victim

Copyright© 2006 by Lellan McLemore

Chapter 7

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 7 - Life on the road is dragging Axe Woodson down. Even his music isn't much fun anymore. Life is about to get more interesting for Axe.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Tear Jerker   Slow  

Don paced back and forth outside the ICU. The doctors said Jessie was stable. She was asleep. Emotions raced through Don. He was angry with Crystal. He was mad at himself for letting Crystal maneuver him into the interview. He was worried about Jessie. This was obviously the beginning of the end. More than anything, his heart was sad. His time with Jessie was drawing to a close. He felt bad for Kasey and hoped that he would be enough family for her.

His cell phone chirped, interrupting his thoughts. "Axe, it's me, Charlie."

"Hi Stix."

"Is Jessica okay?"

"How did you know about Jessie?"

"It's all over the news. Crystal's been on every fifteen minutes with your interview and Jessica's collapse. She's been speculating all kinds of things. Pregnancy, drugs, you name it."

"I'll kill her."

"Easy, Axe. Focus on Jessica. How is she?"

"Not good, Stix. The doctors have her sedated and stabilized. They think the stress of the interview was too much. It's my fault. She's been so tired and in so much pain lately."

"We'll be there as soon as Robin's sister gets here."

"Thanks, Stix. You and Robin are the best."

"Mr. Woodson," a nurse said when Don closed his cell phone. "Your wife is awake now. She's asking for you."

Don hurried into her room. Several nurses were fussing with things, but Don ignored them and sat down next to Jessie. "How are you, Jessie?"

"I'm really tired, Don. I love you. I always loved you. I need you to know that in case I can't ever say it again."

"I'll be with you, Jessie. I'm not leaving. I love you."

Don kissed her. Jessie drifted off to sleep.

For two days, Jessie drifted in and out of consciousness. Don never left her side except to go to the bathroom. Stix, Robin and Leslie made sure that Kasey was there as much as she wanted to be. The mood was somber. Everyone knew that Jessie's time drew near.

Stix brought some fresh clothes for Don. "Go change. Splash some water on your face. You look like hell. I'll stay with Jessie. If anything comes up, I'll call you right away."

Don nodded and headed to the locker room. He had been showering and changing in the doctor's locker room for two days now.

The shower felt terrific. Don folded his clothes back up and hurried back up to Jessie's room.

Don drifted off to sleep beside Jessie's bed that evening. It had been a long three days. Crystal and the local news media continued to keep them in the news and that infuriated Don. Morty, his agent, kept hounding him to set up a press conference. Keys and Morty were hounding him about the concert he was trying to set up in Central City. Don knew they were mostly interested in the money side of the concert and he wondered how they would take it when they found out it was going to be a charity event.

Don didn't sleep well with those thoughts and the pain of losing Jessie weighing on him. His eyes burst open when he felt Jessie squeeze his hand.

"Don?" Her hoarse whisper was barely audible.

"Jessie? Are you okay? Do you want me to call the nurse?"

"No, Don. It's too late for that. Tell Kasey I love her. Take care of her for me."

"I will."

"I know. Take care of yourself too. Don't pine for me. Find someone who will love you and help you care for Kasey."

"I don't want to think about that right now."

"Promise me, Don. Don't go into that shell. For us, please."

"I'll try, Jessie."

"I love you, Don. Please be happy. Now, kiss me."

Don stood up and leaned down. He felt Jessie's other hand reach weakly behind his head. Their lips joined and he closed his eyes. He could feel the life drain out of her as she kissed him. Her hand went slack and fell to her side. He released her lips and looked down. Jessie was gone. He could hear the alarms around him.

"Be at peace, Jessie. I love you. I always will," he whispered.

The nurse rushed in, followed by the doctor. They started to try to revive her.

"Let her rest in peace," Don said softly. The doctor nodded and stepped back, resting his hand on Don's shoulder.

When morning came, Leslie and the girls found him sitting in a chair in the hall outside her room asleep. Kasey could see instantly that her mother was gone. She started crying and ran for him. Don woke as she collided into his chest. He wrapped his arms around her. Kasey sobbed into his shoulder.

Leslie stood watching holding onto her daughter's hand tightly.

"Jessie passed away a couple hours ago," Don said quietly. He eased Kasey off his shoulder and put his finger under her chin, raising it so he could look into her eyes. "Her last thoughts were of you, Kasey. She said to tell you she loved you."

Kasey buried herself in his shoulder again. This time, Leslie and Jenny both came forward and hugged their friends.

After a bit, Don shifted Kasey so that she was in the seat next to him. Jenny pulled Kasey to her and the two friends cried on each other's shoulders. Don wiped his eyes and looked at Leslie.

"Watch the girls for me, please. There are some things I need to take care of and then we can get out of here." Leslie nodded.

Don walked down the hallway away from the girls. He called Stix first and then Morty; Stix to meet them at his house, Morty to set up a press conference. Then he walked back to the girls.

After an hour, Don stood. "It's time to go home." Leslie nodded and Jenny and Kasey stood.

When they reached the front entrance of the hospital, Don turned. "I have to talk to the media for a moment before we can go. I would like the three of you to stand behind me. Don't say anything to them. I have some carefully chosen words for them and then we'll get in Leslie's car and go back to the house. Okay?"

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.