Axe Victim - Cover

Axe Victim

Copyright© 2006 by Lellan McLemore

Chapter 13

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 13 - Life on the road is dragging Axe Woodson down. Even his music isn't much fun anymore. Life is about to get more interesting for Axe.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Tear Jerker   Slow  

October flew past. Barrier Riff's shows were a huge success, selling out each town. November brought more of the same. Between two shows, Don and Hailey hustled to L.A. and sat in the audience watching the next new pop phenom and his band win the best rock group award. They were back in the hotel in St. Louis so fast it made Don's head spin. He wasn't sure his eyes would ever recover from the flash bulbs.

Don sat on the couch waiting for the band to arrive for their usual pre-concert get-together. The tour was going well. The music was as good as it had ever been, maybe even better. Don was picking his guitar and thinking, mostly about the awards show and that dress! Damn, he thought to himself. There was no doubt that Hailey Marshall was a beautiful woman, not that there had been before. Did he really want to get involved with her? Their chemistry on stage was phenomenal. Would an offstage romance kill that?

Charlie knocked and entered, smiling as he saw the contemplative look on Don's face. "Interesting riff, Axe."

Don looked up. "Not mine, however."

"Yeah, I recognized it. The Hollies, right?"

"Uh-huh."

"Hailey's dress wasn't black," Stix said, smiling as he sat down next to his friend.

"Well, sue me."

Wes arrived smiling and nodding to the beat. Don hadn't stopped playing. "You got the right song, Axe. I saw some of the show. They showed you arriving with Hailey. That dress was something. She's been holding out on us."

Hailey knocked on the open door and walked in.

"Long cool woman in the blue dress," Wes intoned as Hailey entered. Charlie started laughing as Hailey blushed.

"Oh, come on guys, it wasn't all that."

"No, I think this one's more appropriate," Don said, strumming some chords.

Charlie laughed and began to sing, "Devil with the blue dress, blue dress on..."

"Axe!" Hailey squealed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Okay, okay," Don said smiling. "Enough of that." Don looked serious for a moment and then stood up. "You looked fabulous last night, Hailey. I didn't tell you that often enough. Thank you for agreeing to go with me."

Hailey smiled. "It was sort of fun, except for all those flashes. At least Morty should be happy about that."

The door closed and Morty walked in. He wasn't smiling. He set his briefcase down as Don sat back down, pulling Hailey down beside him.

"So, do you want the bad news or the worse news?" Morty asked Don.

Don shrugged. Morty opened his briefcase and laid four tabloids on the coffee table in front of Don, Hailey and Stix. Wes was over by the window talking to Leslie on the phone.

Stix whistled as he picked up one. "'Barrier Riff Tour One Giant Sex Orgy, '" Stix read. "You've been holding out on us, Axe."

"You've got to be kidding," Hailey shrieked, after reading the headline on another of the magazines. Don looked down and shook his head. "Barrier Riff's newest member warms up Axe before the shows," the headline screamed.

"Seems like I'm the one who's been missing out," Don said, winking at Stix.

Hailey whirled and glared at him. "What the hell is wrong with you, Axe?"

"Oh, come on, Hailey, surely you don't believe there's any substance to any of these?"

"But..."

"But nothing. If you read the stories, you'll find that an anonymous source that could never be found hinted at something that they've sensationalized."

"I knew this would happen. It certainly explains the message I had from Momma this morning. Momma reads this one."

"Uh-oh." Don looked serious for a moment. "Are we doing a show anywhere near her?"

"Yeah, Tuesday, St. Paul," Hailey said, a little confused.

"Call her, and your Dad. We'll be in town by noon. I'd like to take them to lunch and give them an opportunity to see you backstage. And show them that the tabloids are a little less than truthful."

Hailey nodded. Maybe that would work. She already had tickets for them to see the show, but she wasn't sure they'd come.

"Okay, Morty, lay the worse news on me."

Morty frowned. He opened his briefcase and laid a folder in front of Don. "John filed his suit yesterday. He's asking to be given control of the Barrier Riff name and the copyrights for all songs written since the inception of the band. He has affidavits and depositions from over one hundred people who support his claims. Ted Hargrove has seen some of it and says it's well laid out. He sent the key stuff for you to look over. Christmas break is not going to be much of a break."

"Damn."

"I'm sorry, Axe. I thought we had things worked out before the tour started. Ted said he would go through everything and be ready to start working on our case when we get back."

"Thanks for handling this, Morty. I appreciate you're letting me focus on the tour. I'll wade through this stuff and talk to Ted tomorrow on the bus. Now, I think it's time to forget our little problems and rock St. Louis."

"I'm in," Stix said, tossing the tabloids into the trash.

The St. Louis concert was sold out. Twenty-two thousand people jammed the Savvis Center to rock with Barrier Riff. The show was a huge success. After the show, the media folk were all over Don. Hailey suddenly found herself garnering a bunch of attention as well. Between the rumors of their affair and the lawsuit, there wasn't much talk about the music. That annoyed Don.

Morty found him after the last reporter was ushered out. "The music's getting lost in the bullshit, Morty."

"I was afraid of that, Axe. Any ideas?"

"Maybe. Think you could talk Crystal Layne into riding with us from St. Paul to Chicago and doing an interview and maybe a feature on the Chicago shows?"

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.