Nirvana on Fire - Cover

Nirvana on Fire

Copyright© 2006 by Lellan McLemore

Chapter 8

Mandy was sitting in the living room on the sofa watching some old movie when Traci finally returned. Traci was still all smiles and bubbly. Mandy had changed into her nightie and a robe.

"Boy, you sure left in a hurry, Mandy," Traci said. "Jonny was really disappointed."

"I'm sorry, Traci. But it was all just too much."

"What? Peter?"

"Well, that too. Jonny sure looks a lot like Peter would have. But it is more than that. Its really complicated, Traci. I need more time to sort it all out."

Traci hugged her sister and said softly, "Tell me all about it, Sis. It will help if you get it out of your system."

"Are you sure? Its not very pretty."

"I'm a big girl, Mandy. I can take it."

Mandy wondered, but knew that she would have to tell Traci about it all sooner or later. Might as well be now, she thought.

Mandy drew a deep breath and started, "Jonny isn't all he appears to be Traci." Traci started to argue, but Mandy put her hand up and continued on.

"You think I'm a researcher for the Foundation, but what I really do is track down elusive criminals and put them out of business. The Foundation has been tracking down a big time problem that is ravaging this city's teens. A new drug called Nirvana. We've tracked it to Jonny. He is the kingpin. His people are distributing and manufacturing the drug. It's killed quite a few people already."

"Jonny hates drugs. He could never be involved," Traci reaffirmed, knowing her fiance could never be the man Mandy though he was.

"One of the reason's I left the party so quickly is that I recognized one of the men who works for Jonny. I helped arrest him this afternoon for selling the drug. I was afraid to stick around in case they linked me to you."

"Don't drag me into your fantasies, Mandy."

"This isn't a fantasy, Traci. Jonny and his people are killing kids for their money just as surely as if they were to walk up to them and put a gun to their head and shoot them. No, this is a war. I just wish we weren't on opposite sides. I'm trying to keep you from getting hurt."

"Jonny would never hurt me. He loves me."

"He said he loved me once too. But he just wanted what his older brother had. Sometimes I wonder if he didn't..."

"You're just jealous. You still hate Jonny because of what happened to Peter," Traci screamed, turning her back on her sister unable to believe Mandy's tale.

Mandy put her hand on Traci's shoulder. Traci shrugged it away. "That's not it at all, Traci. I never liked Jonny. But I wouldn't accuse him of this if I weren't sure. He's a dangerous man. Please tell me you will stay away from him for a while."

"No way!" Traci shrieked. "He's mine. You just leave us alone."

Traci raced out of the room, crying, and slammed the door. Mandy cursed under her breath.


Timmons stepped in front of Lorraine's desk. She didn't even look up, she just pushed the buzzer and the door unlocked. Timmons walked in to find Von Teufel and Jefferson already seated around a small table. Both of them looked up and Jefferson motioned to a chair.

Timmons walked nervously to the chair and sat down. He folded his hands on the table and looked up at Jefferson. "You sent for me, Mr. Jefferson?"

"It seems that we have a problem, Timmons. Maybe you can straighten a few things out for me?"

"You know I will if I can, Mr. Jefferson."

"We have a security problem. Last night someone broke into our warehouse building over on Ninth Street."

Timmons looked shocked. And then worried. His office was in that building. Could someone have stolen the formula?

"We can't find anything missing. But we did find something amiss. Von Teufel."

"It zeems that a very pretty young spy came creeping into our offices last night. You wouldn't know anything about that would you, Timmons?"

"No, sir. I was home all night with my wife."

"Vell, ve haven't found anyzing missing yet. But we did find something very odd."

"Oh, what did you find?"

"Zomeone vent to a great deal of trouble to put zhis message under your mousepad." Von Teufel handed Timmons a copy of the message.

Timmons quickly read the message. He paled. "Surely you don't think..."

"I don't know what to think, Timmons," Jefferson replied, reaching over to his phone. "Lorraine, find Ramon and send him in here please."

Timmons' hands shook as he reread the note. "I would never betray you, Mr. Jefferson. Someone is setting me up."

"Vhat really vorries me is how zomeone knew about you and your office to begin vith. You are sloppy, Timmons."

"Now wait a minute, Von Teufel," Timmons grew angry and his face reddened as he began to stand up. Von Teufel stood up as well, leaning across the table toward Timmons.

"Gentlemen, gentlemen," Jefferson said, standing and putting his hands out to keep the other two away from each other. "Sit down, please."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.