Nirvana on Fire - Cover

Nirvana on Fire

Copyright© 2006 by Lellan McLemore

Chapter 9

Traci stepped into Jefferson's office. Jefferson sat with his back to her, talking on the phone. She couldn't hear what was being said. She slowly approached his desk.

Jefferson swung his chair around and put his feet up on his desk, continuing to listen to the phone. He smiled as he saw Traci and winked at her. He motioned to a chair and held up one finger.

"That's great, Wilhelm. Keep the project going. Look, I need to run. I'll call you later. Thanks." Jefferson hung up the phone and stood up. He walked around the desk and kissed Traci's forehead.

"Hiya, doll," he said smoothly. "What's the frown for?" he asked as he sat on the edge of his desk.

"Oh, Jonny," she started, tears welling up in her eyes. "Mandy and I just had a big fight," she sobbed.

Traci stood up and walked over to him and buried her head in his shoulder. Jefferson grimaced as he wrapped his arms around her. He could feel her tears wetting his suit jacket.

"Now, now," he said soothingly. "Surely you don't need to cry about that. I'm sure you two will work what ever it is out."

"Not this time, Jonny," Traci said, dabbing her eyes with a kleenex. "She said some really mean things about you."

Jefferson straightened immediately. "Me?"

"She said," a new round of sobs shook Traci's shoulders. "She said you were a killer and a drug dealer."

"What?"

"Mandy said she was working for some foundation that hunts down criminals. She said they were after you because you were the king pin of this new drug called Nerve-something. I told her she was crazy that you would never hurt anyone like that, but she said they have proof. She's lying, isn't she, Jonny?"

Jefferson swore under his breath. He stood and walked over to the door and locked it. He shook his head.

"Mandy is full of it, Traci. You know I wouldn't sell or use drugs."

"She seemed so sure of it. Maybe if you could talk to her, we could straighten this stuff out before the wedding."

"Sure, Traci. I'll talk to her," he said as he reached for the phone. "Wilhelm? Can you come up here a moment? I have a problem." He turned back to Traci. "She's always hated me. I guess its time for this to end." He sat back down at his desk and leaned back in his chair, as if pondering the problem.

There was a knock on the door. Jefferson sat up and pushed a button under his desk. A buzzer sounded and the door opened. Wilhelm Von Teufel stepped through the door.

"You vanted to zee me, Mr. Jefferson?" he said calmly. He saw Traci and smiled at her, "Delightful to zee you again, Fraulein Traci."

"Oh, hi, Wilhelm," Traci said a bit surprised.

"Yes, Wilhelm. It appears that we have been discovered. Traci's sister Mandy is agent Raven."

Traci bounced up out of her chair. "You mean she was right? Jonny? What!"

Jefferson swiftly stepped out from behind his desk. He slapped Traci on the cheek and she fell backward into the chair, crying out in pain and surprise.

"Shut up!" Jefferson said sternly. "I ask the questions here. Close the door, Wilhelm." Traci stared at him as if he had suddenly changed into a monster. Tears formed in her green eyes.

Von Teufel shut and latched the door as Jefferson leaned down resting his hands on the arms of the chair, his face right up in Traci's.

"Now. From the beginning. Who is Mandy and what does she know?"

"I don't know what you mean, Jonny. Why are you treating me like this?"

He slapped her again. "Listen, Bitch. There is a lot of money on the line here. You will tell me what she said and what she knows, now! Or there will be hell to pay!"

Tears rained from Traci's eyes. Her shoulders bobbed up and down as she sobbed. "Mandy tried to warn me. Oh, how could I have been so blind?"

"What does she know?" Jefferson said grasping Traci's chin and staring angrily into her eyes.

"She knows you for the lying bastard that you are," Traci said defiantly. "I can't believe I didn't see this side of you before."

"You were too blinded by my money to worry about how I make it. Now," he squeezed her jaw with his hand and shook it a bit. "What exactly does she think she knows?"

Traci looked back at him defiantly, hatred burning in her eyes. The wonderful world she once knew was gone. Her illusions shattered, but she was determined not to give her sister away any further.

"Don't make me hurt you, Traci," Jefferson said taking a different tact. "I'd hate to mess up your pretty face."

"Do you think I'm stupid, Jonny? You will never let me go. And I'll never tell you any more about Mandy."

"Tell me what I want to know or by god, I'll show you pain and agony, Bitch!"

Traci looked him in the eye and shook her head. Defiance blazed in her eyes through the tears. "Never," she spat.

Jefferson slapped her twice more. When no sound other than her sobs was forthcoming, he told Von Teufel to take Traci to the warehouse and keep her there.


"This is one fine lady you brought us, von Teufel," Marco said as von Teufel pushed Traci into the warehouse. Marco, Jesus and Ramon were playing cards around a makeshift table.

"Show some respect, Marco," Jesus replied, running his finger down Traci's cheek, drawing a new outpouring of tears. "She was Mr. Jefferson's lady. It isn't everyday when he shares his treasures with us."

Jesus caressed her cheek and then ran his hand down her arm. He played with the locket she wore around her neck, tracing the chain. When his fingers reached into her shirt, Traci pulled back away from his hand.

"Mr. Jefferson said nothing about sharing with you, Jesus," von Teufel said sternly. "He vanted you to guard zis lady while he uses her as bait to trap Raven."

Ramon perked up and pulled his knife from his waistband. "Rosalita, here has a date with Raven," he said as he flashed the knife in front of Traci. She struggled with Marco and Jesus trying to stay clear of the knife blade.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.