Rebirth - Cover

Rebirth

Copyright© 2006 by C.C.C.

Chapter 4

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 4 - Virulent spores caused by man bring civilization as we know it to a screeching halt. A loner becomes a leader. This is not a sex story per se. Most sex is suggestive only.

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Romantic   Post Apocalypse   Safe Sex   Masturbation   Petting   Exhibitionism  

DAY TWO, NEAR GOLDEN, COLORADO, MORNING

To say that Marc was stunned was an understatement. To say that he could utter a coherent sentence was impossible. First he had to have a coherent thought and right at this moment such was not possible. Being male, and even though well educated and with a college degree his communication skill level at that instant was less than that of any primate.

He responded with great erudition, "Hunh"

The young girl cocked her head to the side, placing one hand on her hip, and thinking that he hadn't heard her, she again repeated, "Grampa, could I get something to eat?"

Marc then noticed she was taller and a little heavier than he had thought the prior night.

Marc finally got a grip on himself. "Who are you?"

"I'm Jenny, your granddaughter. You don't know who I am?"

Her eyes clouded and tears started rolling down her cheeks. She seemed to visibly shrink in the doorway.

"Uhhh... Jenny, don't cry, please don't cry! Just go into the kitchen and I'll be there shortly and we'll hash this out. Okay?"

Jenny gave a little sob and hitched her shoulders back and turned and headed down the hall to the kitchen. The little sob and shoulder hitch triggered something in his memory, but Marc could not remember exactly what or why.

Marc threw the covers off and swinging his legs over the side of the bed encountered fur instead of carpet. Both the Shepherd and the Retriever were lying beside the bed, just looking up at him.

'Oh, I know how it is, ' he thought, 'I don't even know who she is and she comes in and gets half the mutts and I get the rest. Next, she'll want my pickup, and the main bedroom. Nah, she'll want the Malibu... more modern.'

Marc went into the bathroom and started to unbutton his long johns when his hand encountered a woody, his woody.

'Good God, I haven't had a piss woody in at least six or seven years, ' he thought. He flicked the head of his dick and shortly it started going down.

"Oh God, does that feel good," as he murmured, starting to pee.

He had really had to pee. He could not believe the strength of the piss stream as usually it wasn't very strong and always dribbled, as he finished up, but not this morning. It was a strong stream right to the end. Giving it a few shakes, he noticed that it was longer and thicker, as it used to be when he was in his thirties.

'Here I am, admiring my dick and there's some female calling me Grampa sitting and waiting in the kitchen. I have to get my priorities straight, ' he thought.

With that, he returned to the bedroom and put his dirty clothes back on. Marc walked into the kitchen being greeted by a girl with red eyes and an expectant look on her face. She started to say something but Marc held his hand up for her to stop.

"Jenny, let me put the dogs out, and fix some breakfast. Then we'll talk."

Jenny just nodded her head and looked down, drawing circles with her finger on the table. Marc turned, and opened the door going out to the rear porch. The dogs shot out of the cabin in nothing flat. The wolf hobbled out, and was greeted by the Basenji. She was licking him and prancing around him. Marc closed the door and walked over to the stove and as he had done over two thousand times before. He lit two burners; one for frying bacon and the other for the coffee pot.

As Marc measured out the ground coffee, Jenny asked, "Can I do something? Anything at all? I don't want to keep sitting and drawing circles on the table top."

Marc looked at her, "Yes. The silverware is in the first drawer by the sink. Dishes top right cabinet. Cups second shelf. And get six eggs and the bacon out of the frig."

"You arrogant asshole! You shut me up, saying talk later. You tell me what to get out of the refrigerator for breakfast; you don't ask me what I might like for breakfast. You don't ask me how I'm feeling or doing. My mom and grandpapa are dead. I am in a strange man's house trying to cope with what is going on, while waking up to a wolf and some sort of weird dog on the other side of me. You haven't showed one ounce of care or concern for me. Well, fuck you mister! I'll go find someone who might at least be polite to me."

She rose from the table, slamming her fist on it, she turned back to Marc, fire in her eyes and with added emphasis, "Yes, asshole."

Marc just stood there, jaw agape, with a perplexed look. Marc had no clue on what to do or think as she ran out of the front door, slamming it shut.

It took Marc a couple of seconds to realize she had stormed out of the house with out a coat. He went to the girl's room and got her coat. He knew that early morning temperatures on this side of the mountain were about twenty degrees without any hope of warming up until the sun crested, at around 11:00 AM. He opened the front door and immediately saw her. She was covered by burlap bags, with all four mutts up against her trying to keep her warm.

"Jenny, I'm sorry, please come back inside where it's warm. We'll talk about this situation and maybe you will be able to make some sense out of it for me. I haven't really been around females in a long while. I just really forgot myself as I am so used to do things my way, the same way, all the time. Please come back in."

Jenny just looked at him for a couple of seconds.

"Will you at least try to treat me as nice as you would one of your male friends?"

Marc gave a slight shrug and hung his head, "Jenny, I don't even have any male friends. I haven't had any for years. I've been up here by myself for a long time."

"All right, Mr. Haines, I will give it another try." With that Jenny reached up to Marc's extended hand and smiled, "Your first effort at courtesy, it wasn't that hard was it?"

The two of them accompanied by four mutts went back into the house.

When they reached the kitchen, Jenny said, "Mr. Haines, I would like four eggs over easy and bacon for breakfast, if you don't mind. I'll set the table and you can go ahead and cook. We will talk afterwards."

Marc just nodded. He knew better than to open his mouth right now. He'd messed up enough. He did get a good look at her for the first time. She was about 5'7" or so and around 140 pounds. Marc had also noted that under her sleek structure there was some definite musculature. No weakling or wallflower material here. Last night he'd thought her hair was cut short in a pageboy style, now it was long and blonde.

'How the hell can they change their appearance like that?' Marc just shrugged.

Jenny polished off her breakfast and was munching on her fourth piece of toast and raspberry jam, when she let out a resounding belch. Quickly, her face turned beet red and she gasped.

"I'm sorry; I didn't mean to do that. It was just a tummy fart."

Realizing then what she had just said, she turned even a deeper red if that was possible and covered her face shaking it from side to side. Marc gasped at her statement, his memories going rampant with possibilities.

"Jenny, forget it! I used to know someone who used that phrase 'tummy fart'. Instead of me asking questions, why don't you tell me everything from where you were last week to how you got here and who your parents and grandparents are?"

Jenny looked back at him, still red in the face, "Okay, that might be better."

She got up and got a glass of water, and sat it in front of her. "I get thirsty real quick, specifically when I do a lot of talking."

Marc just grinned at her, "Go on, Jenny."

She looked at Marc, biting her lip.

"This is going to be sort of hard, because there are a lot of unpleasant memories over the last ten days or so. I was staying with my great grandfather up at Big Bear Lake in California. Summer school was to start in June at The University of the Pacific. I had enrolled for the summer semester to get a jump-start at being a freshman and getting used to the campus before everybody enrolled and showed up for September classes. If you are in summer school, you get to pre-register your classes with instructors before everyone else does.

"Anyway, Grandpapa and I were getting supper in town. We had both noticed there were only two others in the restaurant eating and only one waitress. We asked the waitress about the lack of people and she told us that the other two night waitresses were sick and only the chef and one dishwasher had shown up for work."

"I then said something about having to call my grandmother and telling her where I was and that I was okay. She had always been phobic about where I was and what I was doing. Grandpapa gave me a funny look, but I didn't think too much about it at the time."

"So, when we got back to his place, I called Grandma's house and somebody strange answered the phone. They told me she had been taken to the hospital and they were disinfecting the place. I was stunned, and just handed the phone to Grandpapa. He asked a couple of questions and then hung up.

He looked at me and said, "Jenny, my daughter (your grandmother} is dead. I think it is from this new flu and I think it is going to kill a lot of people."

"I started crying. When I could talk again, I asked him, 'Grandpapa, who else are we related to that isn't dead already? Grandmama, Grampa, Dad, and everybody on my Dad's side are already dead. Mom is home alone, and... Oh my God! I'd better call her. I did and there was no answer. I looked at Grandpapa and said I have to go."

Grandpapa looked at me and held my face in his hand, "Jenny, before you go, I have two letters for you to take. Wait until you get to your mom's house. If she is well and alive, do not read your letter. Just hand both letters to her and tell her I said they were for safekeeping for when she's ready to tell you the true family history. The other letter is for Marc Haines in Colorado. Do not ever open that letter."

"Grandpapa hugged me and said I'd better get ready for the road. He went into his 'official' room as he called it, and returned with the two letters and a bundle of cash. Then as I was getting in my car, he stopped me and said, 'Jenny, if your mom is sick or dying or is already dead, do not return here unless you call first, and I answer the phone. If I don't answer the first time, wait a half hour and try again. If I still don't answer, then I'm sick or dying. Do not attempt to come back.

'"In your letter is Marc Haines full address and directions for driving there. Go to him. If anybody that is blood, can give you a fresh start and a new family, it will be him. Don't ask questions now, just go. You might need the money, I don't know. None of us may need money in a couple of days.' With that he gave me a kiss, a real tight hug and then turned and walked back toward his house."

Marc rose from his chair, "I need some more coffee. What about you? Water or coffee?"

Jenny replied, "I think coffee, now. I'll get your letter. That's the one thing I held onto besides my purse."

"Good, I was wondering about that letter and I have some questions first. Go ahead and get it and I will pour us some coffee."

Jenny went to get the letter and only the Basenji followed her. Marc looked down at the wolf. It was licking around the bandaged area but wasn't really tearing at it. The wolf looked up at him and Marc swore the damned animal grinned at him. He poured the coffee, bringing a cup for Jenny and refilled his own cup, which was still on the table.

Jenny seemed to be excited when she returned with his letter.

"Open it, please, so you can understand and believe me."

Marc smiled at her, "Jenny, I do believe you, but I want to hear the rest of the story first. Besides, I have a couple questions first. Jenny, you confuse me on what you call different relatives and in-laws. Don't get me wrong, the names are cute and endearing, but a little hard to understand."

She gave Marc a funny look, and then smiled.

"Oh, that! That's simple. Mom is 'mom', dad is 'dad', and 'Grampa' is grandfather on either side. I couldn't pronounce it right when I was three or four. It just came out as Grampa, instead of Grandpa. Gramma is the same way. 'Grandpapa' is Grampa's dad, or my great-grandfather. Same with Grandmama. Are you going to read the letter, now?"

"No, Jenny, I'm not. I wanted to know their actual names, but for right now I want to know the rest of the story of how you got here. Is that okay?"

Jenny got a little misty eyed, but said "Okay."

She again gave the little sob and the hitch in her shoulder and straightened up in her chair. Again, Marc noted the little movement.

"Mr. Haines, I..."

Marc interrupted her and said, "Jenny, for right now just call me Marc. It sounds a lot better than Mr. Haines. It is too formal."

"Okay, Marc. I left grandpapa's place and as soon as I hit the highways, I put the pedal to the metal. Early on there was some traffic, but when I hit I-5 North within about half an hour traffic just seemed to die out. I kept switching radio stations. For a while I could get some music, but soon every station become a talk station about the "Gold Bug" which was what they were calling that virus thingy by then.

"I pulled into one of the gas stops and one of the nozzles was just lying on top of the pump. There was just one man there, and he told me to just fill my car up and place the nozzle back up on top of the pump. He then told me there was nobody there to replace him, and that everybody had left the restaurant. He said he wasn't feeling well either, and was heading home which was only a couple miles up the road. I filled my Beemer (BMW) and got out of there.

Marc, don't look at me like that, my Beemer is nine years old and needs a paint job. Grandpapa wheeled and dealed for that so I could have something snazzy for college.

Anyway, I got back on I-5 and floored it. No one tried to stop me, no sirens come on, no lights flashed. Just nothing. Then there got to be less and less cars. Sometimes it was ten minutes before I saw a vehicle, and normally, that's one busy main highway. All the lights were mostly on from what I could tell as I pulled into San Fran.

I pulled in front of our house on North Beach Street, and ran up the two flights of steps. There were no lights on and I was so scared. The door wasn't locked. I flicked on the hall lights and went to the entertainment room. I could hear that the T.V. still playing. I was hoping mom had just fallen asleep, as I could see her arm dangling over the side of her stuffed recliner. I called out 'Mom? Mom!" she didn't stir and as I walked around the chair, I could see her hand didn't look right. It was all shriveled up and dark."

Jenny then gave another sob, reached up and wiped the tears off her cheek with the flannel shirtsleeve of her forearm. Then reached down and took a sip of the coffee. She looked back up at Marc and giving him a look of determination, straightened back up.

"Marc, I walked around in front of Mom. She was all shriveled and dried up looking; like something had just sucked all the juices out of her. Her beautiful hair was all crinkled up and was almost clear looking. I just sank down on my knees and started crying in her lap. She was underneath her favorite afghan and a thermal blanket. Mom always had them up almost to her breasts.

At first, as I was crying, I didn't even notice how bony her legs were underneath. When it hit me, I just looked at her in horror. When I calmed down a little, I realized that she was still my mom, but I couldn't do anything for her. I cried again.

After awhile I got up. The voices from the T.V. finally penetrated into my conscious. They were showing a hospital emergency room and right there were dead people sitting in chairs. More of the dead were lying on the floor, some were on gurneys. The newswoman was saying, "Whatever you do, go home and stay home. If you become ill, do not come to the hospital, as they can't help." She looked down at some notes, and then said "Some people seem to be recovering, mainly females, but its best just to stay where you are. You might be one of the lucky ones. This is Petra Pietrova, KABC, Los Angeles." Then the station switched to that old movie '2,000,000 Years, B.C.' with Raquel Welch I think.

Jenny took another sip of coffee and continued on.

"I saw a piece of paper lying on the T.V. tray. It was addressed to me. "Jenny, I think I am getting the Gold Bug. If I am, and you read this, then you should go back to Grandpa Carlisle's. If you can't go back, then go to Golden, Colorado. Look up Marc Haines. His address is somewhere around here, but I am too weak to get up and find it. I am so tired, and just want you to know how much I've always loved you. Maybe I'll get to see your dad again. Love, Mom."

"Well, I went over and turned the T.V. off. I still had Mom's note in my hand, so I went and put it in my purse on the hallway table. I wanted it safe with the two letters I had in there. As I climbed the stairs going up to my bedroom, I knew that I couldn't stay here. Too many memories, and I didn't know what to do with mom's body. My bed had been made up, and there were fresh flowers on my nightstand. I lay down and starting crying again. I awoke about noon the next day. I must have just cried myself to sleep.

Picking up the phone and touched the speed dial for Grandpapa's. There was no answer, so remembering what Grandpapa had said about calling back in a half hour, I went and turned my computer on. I had AOL on Roadrunner service, and it was operating. However, everything was about the Gold flu or Gold Bug or some version of it. I started reading some of it. The gist of it was that they had thought the Gold Bug that they originally thought was a form of flu and that you could disinfect it. That was what apparently happened at my Grammas' house and why those people were there. She must have been one of the first to catch it. Then they didn't know what it was.

I found a government website and they referred me to the CDC site from Atlanta. Those people said it was an organic microbe that had been corrupted by some sort of chemical synthesis and that it was almost 100% deadly when inhaled. They didn't know where it came from, or how it started. It was like Mother Nature had gone wild. It then said that they were posting the information at about 8:30 AM and if they found out anything more would try to post again at noon but they were not sure they could. Something about their isolated clean rooms and been breached and several of them had died already. It was signed by a couple of doctors and I remember one of them, because it was a Carlisle and I think her first name was Shawna.

Looking at my toolbar, I saw that it was 1:20 PM and I could call Grandpapa again. I prayed he would answer, but there was no answer. I was tired of crying and just accepted that he must have come down sick too. I grabbed a couple blouses, several sweaters, some undies, and a couple pair of blue jeans. I stuffed them in one suitcase and got my overnight bag. I threw in some of my make up and two heavy chambray shirts and this flannel shirt."

Jenny then once again took another sip of her coffee. "Marc, is this too much detail?"

"No, hon, it is not. I want to know everything that happened to you and how you got here. That is what is very important to me right now."

"Okay, I took my suitcase and overnight bag downstairs by the hall table and got out the envelope addressed to me from Grandpapa. There was a folded letter and a 3 x 5 card with your name and address on it. I opened..." and Marc interrupted her. "Please don't tell me what the letter said; if it is okay with you, I'll read it later."

Jenny shrugged and said, "Okay," she then paused for a couple seconds, "O yeah, I put grandpapa's letter down and took your address card upstairs. I sat back down at the computer. Grandpapa's directions were on a lot of two lane highways and such. I didn't much care for that so, I brought up Mapquest, and entered my full address and yours. I downloaded the driving directions, and four printed maps that overlapped each other so I could see exactly where I was at all times. I thought that was sort of smart of me, and then I felt sort of stupid as it is not hard to remember I-80 East, to I-25 South, to 46, towards Gilpin."

Marc just gave a grin and Jenny continued on, "I loaded the car up and decided to take some sandwich fixings along. Mom had apparently just been to the store, as there was fresh bologna, sandwich pepperoni, thin sliced roast beef, tomatoes, wheat bread, and lettuce. So I just grabbed a cooler, loaded it with ice, and put everything but the bread inside to keep cool and tasty. I also grabbed a 12 pack of coke and threw a couple of cans into the cooler also.

I took those down to the car, and came back in to say good-bye to mom. Of course, I started bawling again, but after awhile it was okay. I said my good-byes and that I always had loved her and always would."

"Ooooooooooh! I've got to pee!

With that Jenny jumped up and took off to the bathroom like a little banshee, the dogs followed her barking and nipping at her. Marc poured them both some more coffee and sat back down to wait for her. Jenny came back in kitchen with the three dogs at her heels. Marc looked over at the wolf and it was still lying in the same spot it had been.

Marc thought, "Shifting loyalties? Maybe. But I doubt it."

Jenny sat back down and looked sort of irritated. She rocked from side to side.

"My butt's getting sore."

Marc just laughed and told her to get a throw pillow off the couch.

She came back with a pillow.

After putting it on the chair, settled down on it and said, "Better, much better. Now where was I?

"Oh, I double-checked to make sure I had loaded up everything in the car and realized I hadn't packed a single picture nor gotten my winter coat out. Well, I tore back up the steps, crying the whole way. I was mad at myself, mostly for forgetting my pictures of us. I grabbed my two photo albums out of the library and got mom and dad's picture down off the hall wall. Those were enough, so I went on down to the car and packed one of my car blankets around the big framed picture of Mom and Dad and threw my big coat behind the seat."

"In fifteen minutes, I was on I-80 East. Seeing no one, I floored my little Beemer and soon was rocketing through town at 80 MPH. I almost crashed coming around a curve. There had been a pile-up at one of the off-ramps, and one of the cars was broaching two lanes. I thanked God right then and there, that there was a third lane and I swerved into it. Right then I realized that if I fucked up, (Jenny's face turned red again) there was no help coming. I slowed down to 55 until I got out of town and you could really see down the road. Well, I put the pedal to the floor again. I eased off when I hit 80 miles per.

"I drove right on past Sacramento and gassed up in Auburn, yeah Auburn, Ca. Some guy name Michael something or another had stuck credit cards in each of the pumps, the electricity was still on and the gas was free. For a little bit, I wondered who Michael was. But that was like a dog chasing its tail. 'Going nowhere fast.' Between Sacramento and Auburn, I had seen only two cars, a pickup truck and one Semi on the incoming traffic side. But nobody came upon me from the rear."

"I was hungry so I pulled into one of the rest stop areas and ate lunch there. I was down at the far end away from everybody else. It was eerie, you could see people sitting in cars and trucks and but they were all dead. I didn't want to go into one of the restrooms to pee so I squatted by the picnic table and just let go. It wasn't really sanitary leaving it like that, but I figured by the time somebody came along, many years would have passed."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.