FTL II: First Contact - Cover

FTL II: First Contact

Copyright© 2005 by Timm

Chapter 22: Shift In Balance

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 22: Shift In Balance - The Flowsman Family takes a little trip in their FTL star ship, Then make a startling discovery when they get their. A story of first contact. Take everything you know about Sci-fi from TV and put it in one story. That's what you will get in this story. A little bit of everything.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Mult   Science Fiction   Humor   Oral Sex  

Star Date 5.002

President Flowsman's Personal Log:

Technology is a wondrous thing. However, even using replication technology it takes time to get it all figured out. I asked for a coke today, and was shocked when I got a tray with half a dozen two-inch long 'lines' of white powder. Integration of earth foods into the system has not been without its errors. I dread asking for steamed lobster tail, with drawn butter. My dear wife Annette thinks that I will get a 'pen and ink' picture if I do. The matter is made worse by the fact that at any given time (if I understand correctly), there is at least one-tenth of a percent of the federation population that is asking the computer for the same meal as I am requesting. Fortunately, I was able to convince the AI not to allow the replicators to give them 'coke'. All I would need is to create a bunch of addicts in the Centauri society.

Since I mentioned technology, I should point out that the Enterprise has been upgraded so many times in the last 2 years that I don't even think Jason has been able to keep up with it all. And if my miracle worker can't keep up with the rate of change, I don't think anyone could. There is so much suppressed... no that's the wrong word. There is so much unutilized technology in the federation. We have found it best just to ask the main AI brain if something has been invented, before spending hours working on it, only to find there is even a better version sitting in storage, somewhere.

Speaking of Jason and his passions. I have finely allowed the use of transporters. Jason is insistent that he has gotten the fail-rate down to 1 in 100 million. I still don't like odds, but I never won the lottery either, so I have allowed it. I think that there would have been an insurrection of the people, had I not. They are so in love with the fantasy life style of the old TV show, that I fear it clouds their judgment at times. My wives disagree with me, pointing out that they are living that lifestyle. All the show gives them, they say, is the sense of adventure that is missing in daily life.

An offshoot of this manifestation has been that Star Fleet has had to turn applicants away. There are many times more people trying to get into Star Fleet than there are positions available, and it does not look like the problem is going to end anytime soon. Some of the people have even gone so far as to have their ears bobbed. Well not really bobbed. The doctors tell me it is simple cellular manipulation. But I swear, I see more and more Vulcans every day. I worry that Gandalf 3 is going to rename itself Vulcan one of these days. The planet is already so much like what the movies depicted Vulcan as being. If I hadn't enjoyed the show so much in my first two life times... Well, let's just say I have concerns, and leave it at that.

The Excelsior managed to get some deep space scanners put in position 10 light years from Jokovata last month. It uses an extra-dimensional unit to transmit intelligence to us at a new receiving station called Com Central. The good news is that we have identified the hyperspacial dimension being used by the Grays for space travel. We should have plenty of warning before they can get to one of our planets. I would like to mount an attack on their home world and get this over with. However, the best computer simulations put our losses at over 80 percent. I will not order people to waste their lives like that. Maybe we could sting them somewhere less populated, to start. I remember my history lessons well. In war, the best defense is a good offence. I guess I am waiting for our offence to grow.

Also, I have requested authorization to build three new ships. They will be equipped with the hyperspacial drive system, and their main duty will be to mine hyperspace around our planets in the Gray Dimension, as it has become known. A few antimatter mines should make it much harder for the Grays to get close to our populations.

"I don't like surprises," Jim said.

Terri replied, "You are going to love this one."

"Just tell me already."

"I don't know what it is."

"Then how do you know if I will like it?"

"All right, all right. It's a new class of ship."

Jim said, "What new class of ship. I didn't order a new class of ship built."

"The council of judges ordered it. That's all they would tell me."

"AI, Do you know anything about this?"

"I am not saying a word! 'Someone' would fry my circuits for sure if I spilled the beans."

Jim knew better than to argue with AI. So he just growled. And thought to the computer. "I would have been more worried about what I would do to you."

AI transmitted a thought right into his brain, "And miss the chance to see you like this?"

Jim grunted.

"Woe will be there."

"Great, just great. You have the device ready?"

"Yes."

Jim smiled at that one. At least he would be in control of their conversation for once.

Jim was taken to the space dock's observation deck. The 'council of judges' was there, as well as his family. Once everyone was seated, the head of the council stood up and gave a speech.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.