FTL II: First Contact - Cover

FTL II: First Contact

Copyright© 2005 by Timm

Chapter 10: The Council

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 10: The Council - The Flowsman Family takes a little trip in their FTL star ship, Then make a startling discovery when they get their. A story of first contact. Take everything you know about Sci-fi from TV and put it in one story. That's what you will get in this story. A little bit of everything.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Mult   Science Fiction   Humor   Oral Sex  

The council and government of the Federation had gathered in full array and presence. Only Norse was absent, and no one was concerned about that. The monumental moment was coming as they waited to meet the new President of the Federation. It had been long before the war began, since there had been a President.

Aphelia met Rainer as the group exited the space cruiser Prime. It was plain to all how happy Rainer was to see his wife again. He was very excited. Since no one wore clothing in this culture, his excitement was plain to see, for anyone who cared to look. As Rainer and his wife greeted each other, their embrace took longer than many might have expected.

Norse greeted the Director with a kiss to her right cheek, and hug that looked just a tad more than friendly. Shortly, the introductions were made all around.

Aphelia, Rainer's wife, began by saying, "Mr. President, I will formally turn over control of the Directorship in the council chamber."

"I wish that it wasn't necessary."

"Yes. However, the Guardian has spoken."

Jim was starting to have an odd concern come over him, unrelated to current events. He knew something was nagging at the back of his mind, he just couldn't imagine what it was.

"Love? Perhaps until we understand how this all works, it would be best to make her your Vice?" Annette said.

Jim smiled. 'Yes, ' he thought, 'that would help out.'

"Aphelia, I need help doing all this. I would be honored if you would assist me by being my vice-president."

Aphelia did not understand the term. The AI had interpreted the request as 'Would you be my bad habit.' She was not sure that this was what the president wanted, and voiced her concern at the translation.

"On Earth, the custom is to have a person 'waiting in the wings', who is able to take over the job, should something happen to the current job holder. In this case, I would want you to run things, until I had learned enough of your culture to understand what I was doing."

Understanding went through Aphelia. She said she would be more than glad to help. She agreed in short order that the new position be created in the government of the Federation.

The Flowsman family walked into the council chambers. It was full beyond capacity as the entire government tried to assemble in one building at the same time. It did not give Jim a warm and fuzzy feeling. Memories of books he had read in his past life, disaster movies, and acts of terrorism flooded his mind. It was to late to do anything about it this time. But he would make sure that it was not something that would be allowed to happen again.

Guardian Compassion appeared at this time. She shimmered into existence in front of the council and spoke.

"Hear me people of the Centauri Federation, for this day I give you your new President!"

The council all bowed and spoke as if in a chant: "We except your gift, oh bountiful one."

Compassion smiled, and then shimmered out of existence.

The family members were introduced, each in turn, to the assembled government members. When the process had been completed, a bracelet was brought out for each family member. Jim's bracelet was unlike any other. It was made of platinum, and had ornate gold inlays, with intricate carvings on it. He looked at it closely when it was placed on his wrist. The carvings were of two birds, One of which was an eagle that looked just the same as the one on the Seal of the President of the US. The other bird he did not recognize; a native bird of some import, he assumed. He would ask about it later.

Annette and Jennifer were given bracelets that were made of gold and had inlaid platinum birds, engraved in relief. His children were given gold bracelets that also had the birds engraved, but were of made entirely of gold. Lisa was shocked when the same bracelet as the kids' had, was used to replace her aluminum one.

After the formal introduction and the gifting with the 'ornaments of office' were complete, Jim was given the floor for his speech.

"People of the Centauri Federation, I accept the position of President by appointment of the Guardian Compassion. My first act as your new leader is to appoint Aphelia as my vice-president. You will continue to follow her orders as you do now. I am making no other changes to your government at this time. I first must gain knowledge of your government, in order to understand its workings. "

The cheer of approval of those in attendance was deafening. It was a good thing Jim had all of his memories of prior lives restored, or he would have found the nearest table to crawl under. It was also good that the computer had been updated with the correct translation of 'vice-president'!

He held up his hands in a motion for quiet. To his surprise it worked quickly, and the cheering abated.

Rainer stepped up to next to Jim and said, "All honor the President! May he be true to the 'Prophecy of the Federation'."

The crowd applauded with enthusiasm to this proclamation. Jim was not aware of the meaning behind the words. But the effect of them upon the people present, was very apparent.

Jim thanked the crowd and waved his best 'Presidential wave'. Soon they left, and were taken to more private chambers: the Presidential Capital Building.

Aphelia began, saying, "Mr. President, this is the 'Quarters of the Capital'. Here is where you will live and work for the duration of your presidency."

The family looked around. Jim approved of the large but plain looking room they had entered.

Aphelia said, "AI. Execute welcome program."

Jim stared in shock as the scenery in the room changed to something out of a science fiction novel. Bright colors moved around, and formed into objects. Soon it was apparent that they were on a holo-deck. The room was now ornately decorated and furnished.

"Welcome to the living quarters of the Presidential House," Aphelia said. "You are the first President to occupy it, in 11,000 Megacycles."

Aphelia continued her tour of the house, and its many rooms. The kitchen caused more excitement than the holo-deck. There was a food replicater present. It was at that moment that Jim remembered his promise to the children. They would not have to go 'home'. Jim wondered briefly what Jason and the kids would do when they figured out how the thing worked.

How things worked. Hmm. That seemed to be the operational thing to remember, here. It was going to take some time before everyone was up to speed on the new technologies. He also knew that Woe/Compassion had charged him with getting rid of the Gray's. Jim wondered how he was going to do that. He decided that the kids were just going to have to finish the phasers. He also wondered how he was going to pay for a fleet of ships to face the Grays.

Annette asked, "Where is Aphelia going to live now, that we are occupying the house?"

Aphelia replied, "Why, in the Directors House of course."

Aphelia also seemed hurried to get going. Jennifer noted that it must have been some time since she had spent an evening with her husband.

Morning came on the fifth planet, and Jim watched the surreal sunrise with a crescent shaped binary world in the sky. It was odd to see a blue and green shaped object as the sun rose. He was sitting on the balcony of his new home, so far from his original one. Thoughts kept going though his mind. There was his first life. It was not the best of times, but toward the end of it, he had at he least found happiness. He remembered repeating his life as Tim. 'Goodness, ' he thought. He kind of missed being called Tim. Then he remembered the Fords, and his life with Annette and Karen, Oh, that's right. He had her back, even if her name was now Jennifer. He remembered his coin collection with great fondness. He'd had one of the finest in the world. It was now housed in the Timmothy Ford Presidential Museum. He had placed it there, long before his death. He remembered his presidency, and how he'd hated every moment of 'pulling teeth', to get anything done. He had suggested actually doing that as a punishment for obstructionism. The congress and senate were a just bunch of bloodsuckers.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.