Zenith of Folly - Cover

Zenith of Folly

Copyright© 2005 by Nigel Woodman

Chapter 9: The Horses

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 9: The Horses - Gas prices go through the roof and civilization collapses. Boy meets girl in primitive circumstances and nature takes its course. There's action, romance, and a little violence along the way.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   Post Apocalypse   First   Slow  

"How will you be using your horses?" wondered David.

Emil considered the question for a moment. "I've never ridden a horse, and I don't own a plow, so I guess I'll use them to carry game and equipment when I hunt. Maybe Diana and I could learn to ride them, but that's not the most important thing now."

"These are the two you want then; the little mare and the stallion," David suggested pointing to two compact but solid horses that stood together a little apart from the others in the small corral. "My Dad and I got them as part of a trade for that big Belgian draft horse."

The two horses David had suggested were almost a foot and a half shorter than the Belgian.

"They're quarter horses, the breed the old ranchers and cowboys preferred," David continued. "They're small and blocky, but they're tough and fast, and they're pretty smart. They're not much good for farming, but they'd be good packhorses, and real good if you ever wanted to ride them. If you have a decent pasture that's about all you'll need to keep 'em fed."

Emil thought for a minute. "There's a couple of old fences along the river at my end of the valley. I could probably fix them up and make a pasture." Then he turned to Diana. "What do you think?"

Diana was proud but a little surprised that Emil had asked her opinion. It was a little thing, but it made her feel good and reaffirmed that she'd made the right choice with Emil.

"I like the two quarter horses. They look just right. The others are all too big," she responded.

"Then those are the two we'll take," Emil decided. "Would you trade for a bridle for each of them?"

David smiled. "I'll do better than that. I wasn't sure you'd want these horses, so I didn't want to say anything, but they came with two full sets of tack when I traded for them. I want to throw it all in as a part of the deal. Consider it a gift from all of us in the village for standing up to Black Morgan and his men this morning."

Emil laughed. "This is the best trading trip I've ever made. I'm going to be spoiled for hunting."

Clark, who had been standing by silently now spoke up. "It was a lucky trip for us too. I think we got the best of the deal." David nodded in agreement.

David showed Emil and Diana how to saddle the horses and gave them a short lecture, mostly on what not to do. Emil noticed that Diana paid close attention, and seemed to bond almost instantly to the horses, just as she had done with his dogs. While Emil and David were cautious around the large animals, Diana seemed to have a sixth sense and knew just how to move to gain the horses' confidence.

"Can we ride them home?" Diana begged.

"There's no reason not to. Just be aware that if you fall, the ground is pretty hard," laughed David.

Finally, with seeds and soap securely stowed in the saddlebags, Emil's new sword hanging from a belt at his side, his boar spear lashed to the saddle and the two dogs that would stay behind securely tied so they wouldn't follow, Diana and Emil were ready to travel. Diana nimbly climbed aboard the mare and sat as if she'd been riding all her life. Emil was a little less graceful but finally got mounted. They shouted their farewells to the whole village as they rode out the gate, headed toward their home at the other end of the valley, Ralph leading the way with his tail held high.

At half the distance to the old oak, they paused when they heard Clark shout, "I put some books in the saddlebags that you might find helpful. Enjoy. See you again soon."

It was late in the afternoon, and another beautiful spring day. They rode cautiously, learning how to stay aboard the horses and control them. Before they had ridden too far Diana turned to Emil. "What shall we name the horses? They need names."

"Do you have any names in mind?"

"Since the mare has a white eye patch, let's name her Peek-a-boo."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.