The Butterfly and the Falcon - Cover

The Butterfly and the Falcon

Copyright© 2005 by Katzmarek

Chapter 5

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 5 - Set during the terrible events of the Spanish Civil War of 1936/39. A young foreigner enlists in the Republican Air Force to meet his match, a woman of the radical Anarchist Brigade.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Reluctant   Heterosexual   Historical   Group Sex  

The light cruiser slid placidly through the calm sea of the Bay of Biscay. Far off, the crew could see the slash of grey that marked the Spanish coast. The command bridge was cluttered with officers. Admiral Gorshin preferred the relative seclusion and fresh air of the upper bridge.

"What do you think, Admiral?" Rykhov said. Binoculars were glued to the faces of both men.

"The 'Admiral Scheer'," he replied, "six 280mm main guns on a cruiser hull. Diesel engines, about 33 knots, although I doubt she's done that speed for some considerable time. That smaller vessel is the 'Emden, ' I believe. A training cruiser nowadays."

"The Britisher?"

"That one to starboard of us is the 'Southhampton.' The other is French, 'Duquesnes, ' or similar."

"Remarkable, if I may say, that you can tell all that from this distance."

"Years at sea, Rykhov. It may mean life and death. If we were at war, this ship would be heading away at great speed, let me assure you."

"You would not rate our chances?"

Admiral Gorshin removed his binoculars from his face with a look of alarm. He saw Rykhov grinning and smiled.

He liked Rykhov, one of the few GPU agents on board his ship, the 'Tchervonaya Ukrainiya, ' that had a 'human face.' Generally he resented them; resented their strutting around the cruiser in Naval uniform that, in the Admiral's opinion, they did not earn and had no right to wear. But he kept his views to himself. Years of service in the Soviet Navy had taught him to hold his tongue.

"Large vessel inshore," the lookout standing on the wing of the upper bridge reported. Gorshin swung his binoculars in the direction he was pointing.

"'Canareas'," he said, "Falangist cruiser out of El Ferol."

"Remarkable!" said Rykhov, in wonder. "Tell me, why don't our ships have Diesels? It seems a good idea."

"At first glance, Diesels do have certain advantages. The obvious one is range and the German 'Panzerschiffer' have a long range. But, any reciprocating engine vibrates, and the bigger the engine the more this becomes a problem. Vibration causes wear and the harder you run the engine the more wear is the result. Those big MAN Marine diesels shake those German ships so hard at speed that, as I understand, their rangefinders can't be used. It shakes the frames and plating, which, I imagine, will considerably shorten the life of the ship. That, Rykhov, is why Diesels are a bad idea for a fast warship... And why," he added, "they're not planning any more."

"You seem well-informed about German Naval matters?"

"Rykhov!" the Admiral said, exasperated, "don't try your spy bullshit with me. I read the fucking intelligence reports like any other good senior officer."

"You do?" Rykhov replied, "I don't... too dense, too many pages."

"And you're the intelligence officer?" Gorshin told him laughing. "So what exactly is your speciality?"

"I'm a foreign relations expert."

"Figures," said Gorshin, shaking his head.

A signalman sprang up the ladder clutching a signal chit. He stood rigidly at attention waiting for the Admiral.

"What is it?" Gorshin asked.

"Sir, we've been ordered to Barcelona. We're to sail to Lisbon to refuel then proceed at our best possible..."

"Ok, ok," the Admiral interrupted, "Barcelona, eh? I wonder what's happening there, Rykhov?"


John watched his comrades of the 1st Escuadrillo grow more and more fatigued. Their bodies were gaunt, their faces pale with eyes sunken into their sockets. They were flying 6, sometimes 7 sortes a day across the river against the Falangist lines.

The front line was mobile and confused. Some Nationalist units had formed strongholds and, completely surrounded, seemed prepared to hold out to the last man.

As more and more Nationalist troops were rushed to contain the bridgehead, the Republican advance slowed down. The Russian tanks were too few in number and they dispersed themselves too widely. Gradually, the battle began to wind down to another stalemate.

They'd shifted airfields twice as the Nationalist air force and their German allies began to exert air superiority. The Messerschmitts had arrived and a new German fighter, the Heinkel He112, also displayed its tactical superiority over the Mosca. The I16 pilots took to hugging the ground in hit and run raids. For the first time orders were received to avoid air combat, to stem the losses of these precious little aeroplanes, the best fighter available to the Republicans.

A good night's sleep was almost a forgotten memory to John. One day he woke up and found himself still strapped in his aircraft. The groundcrew had pushed it next to an old barn and spread camoflage netting over it. Above he saw a black shadow pass over. Even through the netting, he recognised the squared wings of a Messerschmitt Bf109. Sounds, then, came to him; the rattling of machine guns, the howling of revving aero-engines and the crack of an anti-aircraft gun.

Some men came seeking shelter. He barely recognised them as his own ground crew. He stared at their legs as they lay prone under the wings; not more than a metre, he mused, from his port wing tank and 80 litres of aviation gasoline. He couldn't be bothered telling them, couldn't be bothered moving in fact.

The enemy aircraft disappeared all of a sudden. Their whining engines receded into the distance and was replaced with people shouting, the crackle and hum of a fire burning somewhere.

"Hey, Lieutenant, you hit?" came a shout from below him. John awoke as if from a dream. "Hey, Kiwi!"

"Fine, I'm fine," he told the man. His voice seemed disconnected, like it was someone beside him who was answering the man.

"Here, let me help," said the man, this time standing on the wing beside the cockpit. He was Spanish, John remembered, Miguel, he thought was his name. Another man appeared on the other side of him. Strong arms seized John and lifted him gently out of the cockpit. He couldn't move his limbs, had difficulty remembering where he was. "Hey!" he heard a shout, "we need help here, the Kiwi's hurt!"

"No, I'm fine..." he started to protest.

"Are you now? Then whose blood is that?" John Greenhaugh promptly blacked out.


It was hot. The road was burnt to a brick red with powdery dust swirling up at the slightest puff of wind. Benin tied a scarf around her face, it was the red and black one she wore as a Mujeres Libres, but she didn't care anymore.

She heard the asmatic rattling of of a motor amid a cloud of dust. She moved to the side of the road to allow the vehicle to pass. It was a Citroen-Kegresse half-track gun tractor towing a 75mm Howitzer. It stopped beside her with a squeal of brakes and a graunch of gears.

The occupants were a smudge of khaki. She heard a voice, "Hey, hombre!" Benin turned, hands fingering her sub-machine gun. "Hey, soldier!" the voice continued, "got any bandages? Morphine?" Benin shrugged apologetically and shook her head. "You know First Aid? We have wounded here."

"Some," she answered, "How bad?"

"Gut! Shrapnel, and one with concussion. Fascist bomb! Please, you see him? He's a good boy." Benin nodded and threw her bed roll and gun up into the half-track. Strong hands lifted her up and over the side and sat her in a bench seat.

A canvas top had been rigged over the Citroen with rolled up sides. As Benin sat down, the side flaps dropped back down plunging them into semi darkness. The gun tractor lurched and set off once again.

"Captain de Castries," the man in the front seat turned and said, "is there and aid station near here?"

"I don't know?" Benin told him.

"Are you a girl?" he asked in mild surprise.

"Si."

"His name's Juan, in the back. He's only 16. Is there something you can do for him?"

"I'll try." Benin climbed over the back to where a boy lay rolling on the jolting bed of the lorry. There was blood everywhere. It covered his chest and lay soaking into the floorboards. Another soldier knelt beside him with bloodied rags, trying to staunch the flow. "How long has he been like this?" Benin asked.

"Half and hour," the soldier explained, "the bleeding stops then starts up again. The metal's still inside him."

Benin knelt close to the boy's face. He seemed so incredibly young, his skin was pale with eyes lidded and unfocussed. "Let me see," she said to the soldier and pulled back the rags to look at the wound.

It was a deep gash running the width of his stomach. Benin immediately grabbed her bed roll and rummaged through it. Finding her spare shirt she immediately set to work tearing it into bandages.


John became aware of a flight of aircraft droning somewhere far off. Instinctively, he tried to identify them by the sound. Their engines didn't clatter like radials, rather, they had the distinctive whine like that of in-lines. They lacked the peculiar whistling sound of the Messerschmitt. Instead, their exhaust had that angry bark, such as the French/Spanish Hispano- Suiza. 'Breguet 14s, ' he concluded, then relaxed.

He heard voices nearby, heavy Nordic accents speaking English sprinkled with Spanish words. A group passed close to him. He opened his eyes to see a committee of white-coated people staring at him from the foot of his bed.

"You awake?" one asked the obvious.

"Yeah, where am I?"

"Sabadell, the Swedish Hospital. Are you in pain?" The male voice spoke English cleanly and deliberately with a precision not often found from those that learned the language from their Mothers.

John closed his eyes for a moment as if checking through the various sensations in his body. His back ached, a dull persistant pain, and he felt bent over a bulky dressing. "What happened?" he asked through dry lips.

"Bullet," one said, "through here," he demonstrated by pointing to a spot around his lower back. "We removed it. The round was spent and didn't go in very far. You were lucky!"

"I was?"

"Ja, it grazed the top of your hip... missed your kidney." He closed his fingers together to show John how close the bullet came to anihilating his internal organs. "You're going to make a full recovery."

"How long?"

"Depends on your constitution, my friend." The Doctor looked at the notes he was carrying. "You are John Greenhaugh, yes, from New Zealand? A Lieutenant in the Spanish Republican Air Force?" John nodded. "We need this for the International Red Cross, you understand. They want all the details." John nodded again. The Doctor spoke to his colleagues in Swedish before turning back once more. "Your family will be notified. Is their anyone else, in Spain? Your unit has been told of your situation."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.