Pursuit of the Older Woman - Cover

Pursuit of the Older Woman

Copyright© 2005 by Victor Klineman

Chapter 39

Historical Sex Story: Chapter 39 - Threaded into the tapestry of the history of Europe, this story is about Resistance fighters. It begins when World War II began in The Netherlands when Gerard is on vacation with his aunt in Rotterdam. The blitzkrieg on Rotterdam and their escape to Amsterdam molds Gerard's psyche. When he is taken by the Germans to a concentration camp, he was a naive adolescent. The ever present danger matures him quickly. Rescued from the camp he experiences dangers that few endure.

Caution: This Historical Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Historical   First   Oral Sex  

FDR

Entering the war in 1941 the US government needed to maintain unity of public opinion. It also wanted to strengthen ties among the Allied Big Four.

President Roosevelt wanted to keep the spotlight on the military aspect of the war and away from the political aspects. FDR promised to bind the Allies together by offering military assistance, such as Lend-Lease.

FDR needed to develop a method for making operational decisions appear to be apolitical. This was accomplished by reserving all decision-making powers related to the conduct of the war to himself and his top military officers, the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

The Joint Chiefs of Staff consisted of four members, the Chief of Staff of the Army, the Chief of Naval Operations, the Commanding General of the Army Air Forces, and the Chief of Staff to the President.

As the war continued, decisions moved out of the Cabinet to the Joint Chiefs.

All actions were guided by the principle of military necessity, thus minimizing the loss of American men and materials. The supreme Anglo-American military agency, the Combined Chiefs of Staff, consisted of the British Chiefs of Staff Committee as well as the United States Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Operation Barbarossa

Codenamed Operation Barbarossa was a plan for Nazi Germany's invasion of the Soviet Union during World War II.

The largest invasion in history was named after the Emperor Frederick Barbarossa of the Holy Roman Empire, a leader of the Crusades in the 12th century.

The operational goal was the rapid conquest of the European part of the Soviet Union, west of a line connecting the cities of Arkhangelsk and Astrakhan, often referred to as the A-A line.

At its conclusion in December 1941, the Red Army had repelled the strongest blow of the Wehrmacht. Thus Hitler did not achieved the victory he had expected.

However, the situation of the Soviet Union remained grave. Tactically the Germans had won some resounding victories and occupied some of the most important economical areas of the country, mostly in the Ukraine.

But despite these successes, the Germans were pushed back from Moscow and were not able to mount an offensive simultaneously along the entire strategic Soviet-German front.

Germany, during the war, would never again mount a successful attack on the Soviet Union. Operation Barbarossa's failure opened the way for Soviet forces to fight all the way to Berlin, cementing the ultimate fall of Nazism and Germany's defeat in World War II.


Sunday November 28th 1943. Zurich.

Richard, Franz and Gerry were in Franz's radio room and Richard had just finished copying a coded message from Tom Warner, Special Operations Executive in Bern.

Richard passed the message to Franz for decoding. He had become well versed in decoding messages using the higher security codebook provided by Tom Warner of the SOE.

Lorraine, Hilda and Katrine entered the room pushing a food trolley bearing hot coffee and a supper of hot apple strudel.

By the time the women had served coffee Franz had the message decoded; he passed it to Richard.

'Meeting December 3rd. same place.'

Richard, smiling slightly, passed the message to Gerry, "Do you think Hilda will let you travel with me next Friday?"

Hilda angrily snatched the message from Gerry's hand. Glancing at the short message she tried to make sense of it.

"What's it mean?" she asked then handed the message to Gerry, "I'm sorry darling, I didn't mean to do that. Blame Richard."

Gerry took the message from her, "It means that Richard will be going to Bern next Friday and I'm going with him."

"Bern? Then I'm going too! I'll take a day off," Hilda said.

Gerry looked at Richard who nodded agreement.


Monday 29th November 1943.

Richard sat opposite Jorge Langer in his factory office. He had just informed Richard that he was under extreme pressure from his German customers to increase his factory output of detonators.

"Last week they called on me and they were quite vicious in the way they abused me. One of them even threatened to take over my factory and staff it with his people. My trouble is I believed them," Jorge said his face twisted with anxiety, "More than ever now I need your help."

"I intended to be here for this week but unfortunately I'm committed to a meeting in Bern with the SOE on Friday," Richard said.

"You can't cancel your appointment? I'm desperate! I've started a third shift hoping to get ahead of the German's demands. Please, I really need your help," Jorge said.

Richard was seeing another side of Jorge. No longer composed and confident; Jorge was desperate.

"Okay, this is what I'll do. I must be in Bern on Friday, so if you'll work with me I'll be here for twelve hours a day until Thursday. Starting Saturday I'll be here twelve hours a day until we get the production lines operating efficiently," Richard said.

"I'll be forever grateful, Richard!" Jorge said, obvious relief now showing on his face.


Jorge and Richard worked incessantly until Thursday making physical changes and rotating staff. When Richard departed late on Thursday he felt exhausted, his leg throbbing with pain. He exhaled forcefully knowing that Katrine would be waiting for him, waiting to spoil him, pandering to his every need. It was at these times, when he was tired, that he longed to be back in Goppingen in Erika's arms.


Friday December 3rd 1943.

Richard, Gerry and Hilda caught the first train to Bern on Friday morning. Steady light snow slowed the train's progress. They arrived in Bern late for their appointment with Warner. They walked from the train to the taxis outside the station; Gerry noticed that Richard was leaning heavily on his walking stick with every step he took.

Seated in Lillian's small warm apartment Richard felt relief from the pain in his leg. Drinking hot coffee and enjoying Lillian's company Richard noticed that she looked just like her daughter.

"Lillian I need to use your phone," Richard said.

When Richard return from the telephone in the hallway Gerry caught his attention, "What are we doing?"

"Warner is sending a car." Richard replied.

When they heard the front door buzzer Richard and Gerry said their goodbyes departing for their meeting with Tom Warner about a kilometre away.

In Bundes Platz they took the elevator to the third floor where they were intercepted by a security guard.

"We're here to see Mr. Warner, he's expecting us," Richard said brusquely, the pain in his leg causing him to be impolite.

"Richard! Good to see you again!" Warner said as he entered the lobby.

Shaking Richard's hand warmly, "Gerry, likewise. This is John Tristran my assistant. You met John on your last trip Gerry."

Warner led them into the interview room, "Sit down, sit down."

Seated around Warner's table they discussed the German army's current position in Italy and Russia.

"You're well informed, Tom," Richard said.

"We try to be," Warner replied as he opened his manila folder. Reading upside down Richard saw that the top page was a Swiss police report on Gerry Lundgrin.

"I see that you carried out a successful mission to Basle," Warner said switching his focus to Gerry.

Gerry didn't react, instead he looked straight ahead, 'I wonder where this is leading, ' he thought.

"Very well informed," Richard murmured.

"Yes we are," Warner said, "Your activities on the Bodensee will take many weeks before we see any meaningful results so we want you to do something that will be far more helpful to us in the mean time."

Warner turned a page in his folder; Richard quickly read upside down 'Langer Engineering' and his throat tightened.

"We know that you're doing engineering consulting work for Jorge Langer. Is that correct?" Warner asked aggressively.

Richard's mind was tumbling and he hesitated before he replied, "Yes. That's correct."

"Good, I'm glad that we don't have to beat around the bush. We've known about Langer for some time. His precision engineering of a variety of detonators has greatly assisted Hitler's war efforts. Now this is what we want you to do. We want a weekly report of his production totals by product type," Warner said, watching Richard intently trying to gauge his reaction. Richard looked away as if thinking deeply.

Gerry wondered how he would react if he was in Richard's position.

Seconds later Richard spoke, "I've known Jorge Langer for a short time but I respect him. He's in a difficult position. As you're probably well aware the Swiss have to trade with the Nazi's in order to survive. Langer doesn't like being used and belongs to..."

"The Lora society?" Warner interrupted, "Yes we know about their activities. Other departments of SOE have assisted Franz Mueller to help important scientists and others to escape Hitler's clutches. I interrupted you so please carry on."

Richard felt relieved that he had been frank with Warner.

"As I was saying he has assisted Franz Mueller in a variety of ways. In some respects I feel that I'll be betraying Jorge's trust. I can see why you need this information and I fervently believe that we must all do what we can to bring an end to Hitler's reign of terror. But as difficult as it is for me," Richard hesitated. " ... I'll do all that I can to supply you with accurate data."

"I hope that you'll keep your word no matter how difficult. Is there anything that we can help you with?"

"Yes there is. With my disabled right leg is giving me much pain I need a car. Any old car will do as long as it is reliable and of course I'll need access to petrol," Richard said.

Warner turned to Tristran, "Can you organise a car this afternoon?"

Tristran rose, "I'll get on it straight away," then he left the room.

Warner glanced at his watch, "Let's break for lunch."


Friday December 3rd 1943. Amsterdam.

Marius, Sophie and Lein had just finished a meagre breakfast. They were luckier than most, Marius was a baker and was able to keep his family fed with this staple. But their inadequate diet was causing them to lose weight slowly.

Turning to Sophie, Marius said, "I want you and Lein to serve customers today, Kees and I are going to the city outskirts with the horse and wagon to buy some hay for the horse. We'll be back before dark."

"Take some flour with you, maybe you'll be able to trade with a farmer," Lein said.

In the back yard Kees hoisted half a bag of flour into the box he usually sat on when there were three people aboard. He closed the box and then sat alongside Marius as the horse slowly clopped along the cobblestones of the back lane.

As they neared the edge of the city they encountered an SS checkpoint. An officer directed them into a queue. While some in the queue were walking, the queue consisted mostly of people on pushbikes. After ten minutes they came level with the table where the SS inspectors sat. Marius tethered the reins to the front board and climbed down pulling his identification papers from his pocket.

A young SS officer walked to the horse and began patting it.

Marius thought while looking at the young soldier, 'He's younger than my son.' He kept watching the soldier closely then satisfied that the soldier would not harm the horse he joined Kees and they proceeded to the table passing their papers to the senior officer.

"Where are you going?" the officer asked abruptly.

"I have to keep my horse alive so I'm going to buy some hay around here somewhere. The horse is vital to my bakery work, without it I couldn't get flour from the waterfront warehouse to my bakery," Marius said.

"Who is this person with you?" the officer asked pointing at Kees.

"He's my friend, he's too old to work so he keeps me company," Marius replied.

"Pass on," the officer said as he passed their papers back.

Marius walked back to his horse where the young officer was still petting it.

"You like horses?" Marius asked.

"I was born on a farm," the young SS officer said in halting Dutch, "This is the first horse I've seen in Amsterdam. He's a nice horse," he said then he turned and walked back to his directing duties.

Marius and Kees climbed onto the wagon and about four kilometres down the road they spotted a haystack. Marius turned off the main road into a side lane that led to the farmhouse in the distance.

Inside the farmer's yard Wim Hoogendyk introduced himself. He looked closely at the horse, "Good looking horse, do you want to sell it?"

"No. No the horse is vital to my work; I'm a baker. I have to get my flour from the waterfront and the horse and wagon is all I have to do that work," Marius said.

"Shame, I could do with a horse and wagon. Come inside and my wife will make coffee," Wim said.

Waiting for the pot to boil Marius talked with the farmer who told him that two years ago his son was snatched from the farm and taken to Germany. After Marius told him that his son was also taken Wim fell silent. Wim's wife introduced herself as Mina and commiserated with Marius about the loss of his son.

As Wim's wife placed hot coffee in front of them Wim asked, "What can I do for you?"

"I want to buy some hay for the horse and any vegetables that you can spare," Marius said.

"Every week a truck calls here and takes whatever I've produced. I have covered sheds for vegetable growing but as winter wears on my output will fall to zero. Anyway, the Nazi's have an inspector with them who estimates what I can produce for the coming week. I have a hard time keeping enough for me and my wife," Wim said.

"I have half a bag of flour that I could also trade," Marius said.

"I'll see what I can do, the hay won't be a problem," Wim said.

After finishing their coffee Wim took them to the barn where he had a roll of hay. Together they pulled it up a makeshift ramp onto Marius's wagon.

"Back the wagon outside and wait for me there," Wim said.

A few minutes later Wim emerged from the barn lugging a sack into the yard, "I don't show anyone my secret cache of vegetables," Wim said smiling as he dropped the sack onto the wagon.

Kees lifted the lid on the box and pulled out the half sack of flour. Wim took it from him and went straight to the house.

Outside Marius and Kees heard the shrieks of delight from the farmer's wife.

Wim and his wife walked to the wagon as Kees climbed aboard.

"Thank you for the flour," Mina said, "it's like gold for us."

Marius paid for the hay, "The vegetables?" he asked.

"Vegetables for flour. I'm happy," Wim said.

"I need hay every two weeks. Are you happy to keep trading?" Marius asked.

"Yes every two weeks is fine," Wim said as he extended his hand.

On the way back to Amsterdam Marius pulled the horse to the side of the road.

"Let's hide the sack of vegetables in the hay roll," Marius said, "I don't trust any Germans especially those we met today at the checkpoint.

While they were labouring with the hay and inserting the vegetables deep into the hay roll, "Kees, when we get home I think that you should move in with us. It will save you from the cold in your house; the winter looks like being a long cold one. Preparing one meal extra is nothing for Sophie and Lein," Marius said.

"Thank you Marius; I'd like that, I'll help you anyway I can. You can have my pension every month," Kees said

"I don't want anything but your company. So let's not hear any more about it," Marius said, as they clambered aboard the wagon.

They travelled a few kilometres in silence then Marius said, "Wim could only spare potatoes, onions and sugar beet but I think we did well," Marius said.

On the outskirts of Amsterdam the SS officers inspected the hay, poking their bayonets into the roll. Satisfied that Marius was not hiding anyone inside the hay the officer waved him on.

On their way again Kees started humming. For him, all was right with the world now that he knew he would be warm and fed during the winter in Marius's house.


Bern.

After lunch Tom Warner received a call from Tristran to meet with him in the back lane of the SOE building.

In the back lane Tristran stood beside a shabby car. He handed the keys to Richard.

"The car has recently been fully serviced. It's appearance has been kept like this to avoid attention," Tristran said.

Richard lifted the hood and he and Gerry saw that the engine was in exceptional condition. He checked the tires and saw that they were near new. Looking in the trunk they saw chains that could be fitted for icy road conditions.

"Thanks John. The car will do fine," Richard said.

Back in Warner's office Richard was given a letter of introduction. Richard glanced at the address and saw that it was addressed to the Swiss Department of Transport.

"Do not approach any one but the person named on the envelope. He will give you petrol whenever you request it. It costs us a fortune to fund this so be discreet when you're filling up," Warner said.

Richard and Gerry emerged from the elevator and left by the back door into the laneway.

"You're the driver," Richard said as he passed the keys to Gerry.

The engine started and as Gerry drove down the lane he could feel the power of an engine in good condition. Stopping outside Lillian's apartment Gerry went to the trunk and taking the snow chains he started fitting them while Hilda greeted Richard and showed him inside.

Later when Gerry pressed the doorbell Hilda let him in. "I've got coffee for you," she said.

"I want to leave as soon as possible. It's started snowing again and I don't like driving in the dark when it's snowing. There's one good thing though, the car has a heater," Gerry said as he hugged Hilda.


It was a slow tiring trip back to Zurich; they arrived at Franz's house at 7:30 PM.

When Lorraine learnt that they hadn't eaten she organised a rapid dinner for them with help from Katrine and Hilda.

After eating the women cleared the dining table. Richard leaned close to Franz, "I have a major predicament. Could we talk privately in the radio room?"

Franz, Gerry and Richard filed into the radio room. Before they were seated Richard started telling Franz about Tom Warner's information on the progress of the Allies. Crestfallen, he told Franz of Warner's demands that he provide SOE with Jorge Langer's production output on a weekly basis.

"Hmm. I see what you mean. You do have dilemma. I've known Jorge far longer than you and I've always found him to be an ethical person. His membership of 'Lora' has been a safety valve for him. He hates working for the Nazis so he's given of his time and money to help me get high-level refugees out of Germany to safety," Franz hesitated for about ten seconds, "Excuse me but I think I may have a way out," Franz said then he left the room.

"Bloody war!" Richard exploded, "I'll be glad when it's over."

Richard leaned forward his head resting in his hands. Gerry knew the anguish that Richard was suffering but he had never seen him so frustrated.

When the radio room door opened Richard stood up.

"Sit down," Franz said, "I've telephoned Jorge. He'll be here in about twenty minutes. I wouldn't worry too much until we hear what Jorge thinks."

When Jorge arrived Katrine let him in and showed him to the radio room.

"I'll make coffee for everyone," Katrine said.

"Give us about fifteen minutes before you bring the coffee," Franz said.

"Today, as you know," Franz said addressing Jorge, "Richard and Gerry visited the Special Operations Executive in Bern. They were surprised by the amount of information that has been collected on all of us in this room. They're fully aware of Richard consulting with you about your production needs. Here's the worst of it. They've asked Richard to collect data on your production and supply it to SOE on a weekly basis. In essence they want him to spy on you."

"Christ, is that all! You had me worried, when you phoned me I thought there was serious trouble afoot," Jorge said.

Richard realised he had not been breathing and greedily sucked air into his lungs. "Jorge, I feel like I would be betraying you..."

Jorge interrupted, "Nonsense, I hate the Hitler directed Germany. I detest the way they are bullying me. I will gladly assemble the information you require. But I must warn you; I suspect that I have informants working in my company. Too much confidential information is getting back to the German authorities. My factory is inspected about every four weeks and if you become a suspect your life could be in grave danger."

"I fully realise that so I want you to downplay my role in the factory; I don't wish to appear as a person with any authority. I simply want to be known as an assistant to you with no special role to play. I just wish that I had experience of more Swiss manufacturing companies. The time may come when I could be interrogated by the German inspectors," Richard said.

"I see," Jorge said, "you do think ahead. On Monday we'll visit some of my friends who own or manage similar plants to mine. Some of them I can trust to give you credentials as having worked for them, this will give you the background credibility you need."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.