Jennifer's Terrible Fall
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2005 by TheCaddy

Incest Sex Story: Chapter 1 - Jennifer was happy - her boyfriend of nearly two years has asked her to marry him but her world is about to be turned upside down. Her ex-boyfriend who is also her best friend, has re-entered her love life and wants her to marry him instead. How will Jennifer deal with the two proposals?

Caution: This Incest Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Romantic   Incest   Sister   Group Sex   Slow  

It was the summer Jennifer invited the twins, Jana and Kyra, to visit her on QAI; Dave was also back in their home province — things had not gone well and Jennifer's relationship with Dave was in tatters. And her future with Mark was not as certain as it had seemed; they were still engaged, but some major questions had arisen. With everything on her mind, Jennifer was not sleeping easily or soundly; she was tense even when asleep.

Jennifer jumped in fright as she heard her alarm screech. She quickly turned off the loud buzzing clock then rolled over and cuddled into Jana's side. Jana's eyes slowly fluttered open as Jennifer stared at her gorgeous friend. Jana smiled at her and whispered, "Good morning, beautiful. Did you sleep well?"

Jennifer nodded before she replied, "I slept pretty good, considering. I'm still very angry at Dave, but thanks to you I feel better. Thanks for being here for me."

Jana leaned over and kissed her forehead before she asked, "Are you sure you don't want me to go home with you for the weekend?"

Jennifer shook her head before she replied, "No, you go to Cape Breton with Dave. I know you really looked forward to spending time with him and I have to work all weekend, anyway. I'll be fine."

Jana nodded understandingly, crawled out of bed, and pulled a robe over her sleek naked body. Jennifer watched her as she walked out of the small room in Jennifer's family trailer. After Jennifer heard the bathroom door close she got out of bed, pulled on her own robe, and went into the kitchen. She got out two bowls, two spoons, and two cups; then she placed them on the small table. She then took the cereal box out of the cupboard and the milk out of the fridge. She heard the bathroom door open as she sat at the table and poured cereal into each bowl. As Jana sat across from her, Jennifer added milk to their cereal and filled the two cups, finishing off the container of milk. It felt good to be performing the small rituals of a simple breakfast.

Jana smiled at her then whispered, "Thank you, but you didn't need to get up."

Jennifer returned the smile and replied, "I just wanted to show you how much I appreciate all your support this week. I never would have gotten through this without you."

Jana reached across the table and ran the back of her fingers along Jennifer's cheek. "What are friends for?"

Jennifer leaned into Jana's affectionate hand and stared intently into her eyes. A tear leaked out as she realized how much she had grown to love her relatively new friend. She almost gasped as she asked, "Do you think I've lost Dave forever?"

Jana shook her head no as she explained, "Dave is very disappointed and upset right now but he will come around. I'll make sure of that." Jana pulled her hand back and they ate without any further discussion. When they both finished eating, Jennifer got up and took the dishes to the sink. Jana followed her lead and helped clear the table. When all the dishes were cleaned, Jennifer went into the bathroom while Jana went into the bedroom to get dressed. After using the toilet, Jennifer stood up and stared into the mirror above the sink. She asked herself, "How did I get myself into this mess?"

Jennifer then thought about Dave and everything they had been through together. She had first met him when her parents rented a small trailer in this same campground on QAI many years ago. They weren't even teenagers at the time but they became instant playmates and friends. She was from Charlestown, New Dominion while he was from Edwardton, Queen Anne Island; their wintertime homes were two hours apart, but starting that first summer they were inseparable.

The following summer, her parents, happy with their trial summer, bought a trailer and rented the site next to Dave's family at the North Beach Campground on QAI, for the entire summer. Dave and Jennifer became even closer and spent everyday together. Dave had always had a strong interest in golf and was becoming very good at it. Jennifer never really liked golf but that was the only thing they didn't do together. As soon as Dave returned to the campground from the course, they would hang out until bedtime.

As they both grew older, their friendship continued but something suddenly changed. A maturing Jennifer began to fall in love with Dave but he never showed anything except friendship for her. She never imagined that her good friend could be too shy to tell her that he felt the same way about her or that she had been in his dreams more than once. The summer they were both fifteen, she invited a new friend from her hometown of Charlestown to stay with her at the campground. She suspected Dave and her friend, Ann, could become more than just friends, but when it actually happened she was suddenly and unexpectedly very jealous. Her true feelings of love for Dave came to the surface and she also found out, as emotions ran high, that Dave loved her the same way. After a shaky few days of jostling relationships, Dave ended up falling for both Jennifer and Ann. Both Jennifer and Ann were very happy with the three-way arrangement — as was Dave, of course. That summer had been so much fun and Jennifer remembered making love to Dave in their Love Hut. He would always be her first lover.

Later that summer, Ann had some family problems and Dave got caught in the middle when Ann's mother snuck into his room and onto his cock during a visit to Charlestown. That started the breakup between Dave and Ann. Jennifer almost got caught up in Ann and Dave's fighting but her parents pulled her away from Ann and she eventually realized what had really happened — Ann's mother had used Dave for revenge against her husband who was cheating on her. Unfortunately Dave's golf clubs and his relationship with Ann were destroyed in process. A wide split formed between Dave and Jennifer over the whole mess.

Jennifer was still irrationally angry with Dave because Ann was influencing her, but then she heard he had been shot while confronting rapists while he was in Vancouver for a golf tournament. Jennifer quickly joined Dave's family and flew to be with him. Dave was badly injured but he recovered and she and Dave got back together immediately. When Dave returned to QAI, Jennifer only had a few weeks with him before she had to return to school in Charlestown. They spent some intimate time together, which included Dave's sister Julie joining them. Those were very special times for Jennifer and Dave, and Julie, of course.

When Jennifer returned to Charlestown, Ann was angry and jealous that she was still with Dave; Ann tried to turn their friends against her. Dave and Jennifer's long-distance relationship (if you could call a two-hour drive long distance) was put to the test and Jennifer failed. She was very lonely and began dating another guy, Alex, without breaking up with Dave or even discussing it with him. Dave found out on a visit to see her and was very upset. They broke up and Jennifer thought she had lost him forever. Her relationship with Alex didn't last long and she was soon missing Dave.

As she thought about that time, her fingers rolled over the pendant that he had sent her that Christmas and she looked at the inscription she knew by heart, "Love always, Dave." She pictured the sweet card telling her that he missed her. She remembered how much that present meant to her at the time and still did. She still wore it everyday. She cried again as she asked herself why she couldn't or didn't simply accept Dave's proposal of marriage.

She heard a gentle tap on the door and was broken from her reverie. She dried her hands and face on a towel before she opened the door. Jana smiled at her and they kissed passionately before Jana asked, "Are you sure you want me to go with Dave on this trip?"

Jennifer nodded and whispered, "Have a good weekend, and give me a call at my work number when you're ready to leave on Sunday." Jennifer hugged Jana tightly before she added, "Have fun."

Jana kissed her again before she walked quietly through the kitchen and out the door of the trailer.

Jennifer went back into her bedroom, pulled off her robe and climbed back into bed. As she lay naked under the thin blanket her mind again went back to Dave and the winter after he gave her that special Christmas present. That was the winter her father suffered a heart attack and it was the scariest moment of her life. She called Dave frantically and he rushed to be with her. His support got both her and her mother through a very difficult time. He had spent the night with her at her house while he mother stayed at the hospital. Jennifer tried to seduce Dave that night by climbing naked into his bed in the spare room; but even with her naked he wouldn't cheat on his new girlfriend at that time.

After her father was out of danger, Dave had returned to QAI. He called Jennifer regularly and promised to get back together with her if he and his current girlfriend, Katherine, ever broke up. They did in fact break up and Jennifer remembered how much closer she and Dave got that summer which was now two years ago. Near the end of that summer, Jennifer eventually met Katherine and liked her immediately. She and Dave talked and she convinced Dave to invite Katherine to join Dave and Jennifer's revived relationship. Katherine hesitantly agreed and they had several wonderful weeks together before the summer ended and Jennifer had to move back to Charlestown.

That was the fall Dave announced he was going to fulfill his dream of playing golf at a university in the United States; he signed a letter of intent with Wake Forest University in North Carolina. She was happy for Dave but sad for their relationship — she had realized that Dave would now be thousands of miles away and that she would have to move on without him, at least for the short term. A week after Dave's announcement, she met Mark; they became friends and eventually he wanted to start dating. She called Dave who drove to Charlestown so they could discuss it. Dave regretfully gave her permission and they broke up by mutual agreement. She still remembered Dave asking whether he was making a mistake moving so far away. She had wanted to tell him to stay in the Maritimes but she knew he had to make his own decision; she also knew she would desperately miss him.

The first year of her relationship with Mark was comfortable but Mark felt overshadowed by Dave and Dave's accomplishments. She remembered him detailing his insecurity, "Dave is a star golfer. He is a star hockey player. He was your first lover and is still your best friend. Your parents think of him as a son. How can I compete with that? When he realizes how special you are, he will simply snap his fingers and you will run to him and drop me." At the time she had adamantly denied it, but even then she thought to herself that there could be some truth to what he feared. There was still some truth to it as she really did want to run to Dave.

Almost a year after she started dating Mark, Dave got in trouble at Wake Forest and she flew down to North Carolina to help him. She remembered how Mark was upset with her decision to go see Dave but she assured him she was only going to help him get out of the trouble he was in with his coach and golf team.

During the three-day trip she had been successful in getting Dave's mind back on his golf game and convinced his coach to give him another chance. She vividly remembered the first time she saw Jana walking through the woods behind Dave's residence at WF. She had immediately noticed the way Jana looked at Dave and she knew they could become great friends. She chuckled as she remembered the look on Dave's face when she later introduced him to Jana and told him Jana was joining them for dinner. From that first meal, she knew that Jana would become a close friend to both her and Dave. Jennifer spent the next two days with Jana, her twin sister Kyra and Dave before she flew home having accomplished her goal — Dave was back on the golf team. He had also met a new friend at Wake Forest who would support him.

Her return to Charlestown also seemed to accomplish another goal. Mark finally seemed to realize that she loved him and wasn't going to get back together with Dave. The fact that she had set Dave up with another girl seemed to solidify Mark's assurance and their relationship blossomed after that trip.

She truly thought she was ready to settle down with Mark permanently until she got that mysterious phone call in late June. Some girl whose voice Jennifer could not recognize claimed that Dave loved Jennifer very much and that Jennifer was breaking his heart. She remembered her immediate concern — she knew Dave loved her but thought it was only as friends. She immediately called Dave's cell phone and the same girl answered and repeated, "He really loves you," then hung up. Jennifer called Jana who convinced her, in error, that it was just Dave trying to break off with Danielle and using Jennifer as an excuse. Jennifer felt relieved because she really didn't think she could decide between her life-long best friend and her new love, Mark. She had vowed to Jana that she would talk to Dave as soon as he returned to QAI for the summer.

But that decision changed two days before Dave was due to arrive home. Mark invited her to a very nice restaurant in Charlestown. She remembered how the lights were dim and the soft music made the atmosphere very romantic. After they finished eating, they were dancing on the small dance floor; Marks' cologne filled her lungs sensually. He suddenly reached into his pants pocket and dropped to a knee in the middle of the dance floor where he asked her to spend the rest of her life with him. She was shocked as she stared down at him — his eyes sparkled and she memorized the sight before her. His light blue polo shirt and navy dress pants looked fantastic on him. His handsome smiling face looked very nervous. She pulled him into her arms and told him she would love to marry him. They rushed home so she could phone her parents who were very happy for her. She then called Jana and told her the wonderful news. She wanted to scream from the roof tops that Mark had proposed to her.

Not until she was lying in bed that night did she remember the conversation she was to have with Dave. She had convinced herself that Jana was correct and that Dave had his own new life in North Carolina so she wouldn't bother to go see him and ask about the phone call from Danielle. But as she tossed and turned trying to go to sleep she felt something was wrong. She didn't know what it was, but for some reason she knew Dave would be upset about her engagement. She fell asleep happy but nervous at the same time.

The next day when she had heard Dave won the British Open, she was very happy for him but something was still bothering her and, surprisingly, she didn't make even a phone call to congratulate him. She did, however, expect him to call her because he had done that the day he won the NCAA title a month earlier. When he didn't call she suspected something was wrong but she still didn't have the heart to call him. She went to work the next day and settled back into her job. She loved her work as a drafting technician at Jones and Dunn Architects.

She also expected Dave to call her that first week he was home after the British Open but he never did. On Tuesday, a friend of hers called and told her to buy a National Enquirer. She picked one up at the grocery store and was surprised to see pictures of Dave with Hilary Duff. She was also surprised that she suddenly felt jealous and she thought, "That's why he hasn't called. He's fallen in love with Hilary Duff and doesn't want to tell me." Again, she considered calling him but in the end decided not to.

The next week passed quickly as she anticipated the arrival of Jana and Kyra. She made plans to show them the sights of Charlestown and very much looked forward to spending some intimate time with them.

She picked the twins up at the airport on Friday and they hugged each other lovingly. After a short tour of Charlestown, they went to Jennifer's house. The twins were tired from the trip and they agreed to spend the rest of the day at the house. Jennifer showed the twins the picture of Dave and Hilary Duff and both girls were surprised by the pictures. Kyra laughed and promised she would ask Dave about it. Jennifer knew she wanted to know but also knew she had no right to ask.

Jana asked if she could call Dave and Jennifer happily agreed. Jana called his cell number and after saying hello she informed Dave that she wasn't coming to QAI until Monday because she wanted to spend some time with Jennifer. Kyra then spoke to Dave and Jennifer was surprised that Kyra actually teased him about Hilary Duff. She listened intently to Kyra's side of the conversation. When she heard Kyra say goodbye she half expected the phone to be passed to her but Kyra hung up. Jennifer was disappointed that Dave didn't want to talk to her but she wanted to know about Hilary so she asked, "So, what about Hilary?"

Kyra chuckled before she explained, "Dave said that those magazines are all garbage and that he had fun in Britain but not with Hilary."

Jennifer nodded; she was surprised by her relief that Dave was not involved with Hilary. She wondered why she was so jealous of Hilary but not of the twins — or Danielle for that matter. In the end she wasn't sure why it bothered her but the thought of Dave with a gorgeous movie star really made her jealous. She made a nice dinner for the three of them and both twins helped her in the kitchen as she prepared the meal.

After they finished eating, they all cleared the table. Jennifer was cleaning the dishes at the sink when Jana walked up behind her and pushed her hair to the side then began kissing her neck. Jana then moved her hands around Jennifer's waist and cupped her large breasts. Jennifer set down the cloth she was holding and melted into Jana's arms. She had not been with another girl since the last time she had spent a night with Dave and Katherine and she truly missed the soft touch that only another woman can provide.

Jennifer looked at Kyra who was standing next to her drying the dishes, Kyra simply smiled at her. Jennifer moved a hand behind Kyra's neck and pulled her close for a tender kiss. Jana's hand slipped under Jennifer's blouse and gently pinched her already hard nipples through her bra. Jennifer moaned in pleasure as Jana pulled her away from the kitchen counter so Kyra could move in front of her. Kyra dropped to her knees rubbing her hands up Jennifer's thighs under Jennifer's beige dress skirt. Kyra's hands felt incredibly erotic as she moved them to Jennifer's ass and cupped a cheek in each hand.

Jana unbuttoned Jennifer's blouse and pulled it off her shoulders before she massaged Jennifer's large mounds. Jennifer moaned as she dropped her head on Jana's shoulder. Kyra removed Jennifer's skirt leaving her standing in the middle of her kitchen in only her matching beige bra and panties. Jana unhooked the bra as Kyra slid the panties down her legs.

Jana then moved Jennifer to the table but Jennifer suggested going to her room which would be more comfortable. She took one of each twin's hands in hers and guided them to her room. Jana lay Jennifer on the bed, slipped between her legs, and started kissing her way up Jennifer's thighs. Jennifer moaned as Kyra began sucking her round firm breasts. Kyra climbed onto the bed and Jennifer slipped her hand under Kyra's white skirt. Kyra and Jana's hot tongues were driving Jennifer crazy as she pushed Kyra's panties aside and slide a finger into Kyra's already wet snatch. As Jana's tongue finally reached the tender lips of Jennifer's pussy, Jennifer drove two fingers deep inside Kyra and they both moaned in unison. Jennifer had a hard time concentrating on pleasing Kyra as Jana added two fingers to her teasing tongue. Jana fucked her with two fingers as she sucked on her clit and Jennifer's senses quickly overloaded. Her first orgasm was very loud and rocked her entire body. She was still gasping and moaning as the twins eased her down from her orgasm.

When Jennifer finally caught her breath she looked down at Jana and gasped, "That was amazing."

Jana smiled before she replied, "We're just getting started."

Jennifer smiled, then pulled Kyra around so that she was straddling her face. She pulled Kyra's panties to the side as she slide her tongue deep inside Kyra's dripping slit. Kyra dropped her head between Jennifer's thighs and picked up where her sister had left off. Jennifer was enjoying Kyra's experienced tongue as she tried to get Kyra off as well. Jennifer didn't notice Jana going through her suitcase but after a few moments Jana appeared naked above Jennifer's head as she climbed onto the bed as well. Jennifer suddenly saw something swinging between Jana's legs. She had never seen a strap-on dildo before but intuitively knew what it was. Jana rubbed lube on the strap-on and moved the head of it to Kyra's sphincter, and gently eased it in. Kyra moaned into Jennifer's pussy as she felt the penetration. Jennifer focused on Kyra's clit as she felt and saw Jana fucking her. It only took a couple of minutes before Kyra screamed through an exciting orgasm.

After Kyra slowly recovered, the three women continued making love for hours. Jennifer was totally exhausted when she eventually fell asleep. She had never had both her ass and pussy filled at the same time before but when Jana fucked her in the ass and Kyra worked a vibrator deep into her pussy, she had one of the strongest orgasms she could ever remember. She slept well that night. The next morning they woke up and made love again.

They didn't get out sightseeing until after lunch but still spent six hours touring around Charlestown before they went back to Jennifer's house for dinner. They made love again all evening and Jennifer was happily exhausted when she fell asleep. Just before they went to sleep Jana told Jennifer about her fantasy to sleep with her and Dave at the same time. Jennifer was very surprised, she doubted Mark would approve and she wouldn't do it unless he did. Jana convinced her to ask Mark even though Kyra told them both she thought Dave might not actually like the idea.

On Sunday they spent the afternoon sightseeing before Mark joined them for dinner. After eating, Jennifer and Mark disappeared into her room. She described her two nights with the twins; as she detailed the sex, Mark mounted her and fucked her excitedly. He was happily tired from his exertions when she finally got around to asking him about sleeping with Dave and Jana. She had expected he might get upset or even angry but instead he smiled and said, "That would be okay with me — on one condition. You have to describe it to me in detail when you get home next week." Jennifer was very surprised at his easy agreement; she wondered whether this experiment would change her relationship with Mark.

Mark left shortly after enjoying himself with Jennifer; when Jennifer told Jana that he had approved a three-way, Jana was very excited. The three women went to bed and slept soundly. Jennifer had to work the next morning so she let the twins sleep in while she went to work. They called later in the morning and Jennifer promised that she would be ready to go at noon. The twins promised to make lunch so they could eat before leaving for QAI.

It was mid afternoon when they pulled into North Beach. The twins loved the beautiful landscape of the island. They quickly changed into their bikinis at Jennifer's trailer before driving to the beach. Jennifer was nervous but also excited to see Dave. She wondered and somewhat dreaded what his reaction to her engagement would be. They parked the car in the parking lot and pulled out their beach bags before they strolled towards the beach.

As they reached the top of the wooden walkway over the sand dune, Jennifer could see her parents sitting where they normally sat. Dave's parents were also there. She guided the twins towards them and Dave's parents stood up and hugged her as they congratulated her on the engagement. Roger introduced Jennifer to Patsy and Jennifer introduced the twins to her parents. The twins immediately asked where Dave was. Carol pointed to where he was swimming in the water with his friends from Wake Forest, Alec and Alec's girlfriend, Shauna. Kyra and Jana quickly stripped down to their bikinis and walked towards them. Jennifer pulled her wrap off as well and followed close behind. Jennifer watched Jana run to Dave as he exited the water when he saw them approach. After Dave hugged each of the twins, Jennifer moved close to him and he hugged her tightly. It felt good to be in his arms again. She had missed his loving touch.

He said, "It's been a long winter without holding you. I really, really missed you."

She smiled. "I missed you, too."

She noticed him look at her curvaceous body clad in her revealing red bikini before he gushed, "You look almost edible. I almost forgot how spectacular you look." Her heart started to race — he always had that effect on her. He added, "Jennifer, you remember Alec from last fall. This is his girlfriend Shauna."

She remembered Alec helping her the previous fall when she flew to Wake Forest. She shook both their hands then said, "Let's go in the water and cool off."

The twins walked into the water slowly, holding their arms close to their bodies and complaining about the cold, but Jennifer ran right in and dove under the cool water. She talked with Alec and Shauna as Dave coaxed the twins deeper into the water. Eventually they were all standing waist deep in the water, talking casually. Jennifer kept stealing looks at Dave; she noticed him suddenly look at her engagement ring and the way his expression immediately changed. He had only been a few feet from her but he subtly moved farther away. She tried to pretend she didn't notice but the hurt look on his face was very obvious. She immediately wondered if he did feel more for her than just friendship.

She watched as Kyra moved closer to Dave and they seemed to start an intense conversation. She suddenly wondered if Kyra knew more than she had been saying. Jana snuck up behind Dave and Kyra and began splashing them; a large water fight broke out. Jennifer tried to get closer to Dave but every time he noticed her close to him, he would move away. She wondered what was wrong with him. She finally got frustrated by Dave's reaction to her and turned to go in shore. Jana followed her immediately and Alec and Shauna wondered in close behind. Jana asked, "Is something wrong, Jennifer?"

Jennifer looked at her friend, "There's something wrong with Dave. He doesn't seem to want to be around me."

Jana immediately argued, "No, you must be imagining it."

Jennifer shrugged but deep down she knew it was true. When they reached her parents, she picked up her towel and turned to look at Dave in the water. As soon as she looked at him, he turned his back to her. Something was definitely bothering him. She watched as Kyra spoke to him and she noticed the animated actions Kyra was making with her hands. She saw Kyra grab him by his shoulders and speak to him intently. Kyra finally shook her head and walked towards shore. Jennifer watched as Dave stared at Kyra for a long moment then turned and began swimming away from the shore. Jennifer was worried about him and she watched as he swam past the ropes then started swimming parallel to the beach. When Kyra approached, Jennifer stood up, walked to her, and asked, "What's going on with Dave?"

Kyra looked into her eyes very seriously, "I can't say, but you should have a talk with him, alone."

Jana walked up to them and asked, "What's going on?"

Jennifer looked at Jana and asked her, "When Dave gets back, will you ask him to go for a walk? I will join you." Jana simply nodded but when it was obvious they weren't going to tell her what was going on she simply followed them back to where Jennifer's parents were sitting.

Jennifer lay on the beach and she watched as Dave slowly swam out of sight. She couldn't believe he kept swimming and swimming. She rolled over and started to think about what he might be thinking and then Danielle's unsettling phone call suddenly echoed in her head. She tried to carry on a normal conversation with Jana and her parents but she was very distracted.

After well over a half hour she suddenly spotted Dave walking towards them along the beach. He seemed to be stopping and talking to friends and he looked to be in a better mood. As soon as he sat down on his towel, Jana asked, "I know you just finished swimming, Dave, but do you feel like going for a walk up the beach?"

He replied he did, then stood up and helped Jana to her feet. Jennifer was deep in thought when she heard Jana ask her to go as well and she was a little slow reacting but she got to her feet. She moved beside Jana and Dave seemed to deliberately go to Jana's other side. Kyra also moved to Dave's far side. The conversation as they walked down the beach was about what they were going to do all week and about their summer vacations to date. Jennifer noticed that when she asked Dave a question, his responses to her were very short and he wouldn't hold eye contact with her. There was definitely something bothering him. She noticed they had reached the place on the beach where she and Dave used to walk through the dunes and go to their special place. She reached across Jana and took his hand. "Want to go visit our special place?"

She was relieved when he finally looked directly into her eyes and slowly replied, "I'd like that." Jana said she wanted to see their special place but Kyra quickly pulled the insensitive Jana down the beach. Dave's hand felt wonderful in hers and Jennifer was so happy to have her long-time best friend close to her.

They walked over the dune and up the path leading to their special place, she keep thinking that something was seriously bothering him and she had to know what. She was very nervous but she finally asked, "What's wrong, Dave? You seem very distracted and maybe even upset. Have I done something to make you angry with me?"

Dave simply replied, "I've just been a little tired from the hectic schedule I've had for the last six months. I guess I'm just a little worn out."

Jennifer knew better than to believe him and she pushed for a reasonable answer. "Is there a problem with Sarah?"

"No."

"Are you seeing Hilary or something? Is there a problem with her?"

She was surprised he actually chuckled then replied, "No, definitely not a problem with Hilary — and, no, I'm not seeing her or dating her or anything although she did call last week. And, before you even ask, the magazine story was made up entirely; we barely know each other."

Jennifer actually felt relieved by his confirmation that nothing was going on with Hilary. They had made their way up the clay road and were well away from the beach when she turned to face him and took his other hand in hers. She stared into his eyes before she softly said, "Are you having a problem with Danielle?" He shook his head. "Did you know she called me?" Dave hesitated for a moment then nodded yes. She wondered how he knew so she asked, "Did Danielle tell you she called me? And what she said?" Dave again shook his head. She was getting very frustrated with his unwillingness to open up to her. She finally begged, "Dave, talk to me. If she didn't tell you then how do you know?"

Dave replied with one simple word, "Kyra."

She couldn't believe it when he said Kyra's name. Jana had said she asked Kyra and she didn't know anything that was going on with Dave. Jennifer looked at him questioningly, "Kyra, told you? Did she tell you everything Danielle said? Did she ask you if what Danielle said was true?"

Dave replied, "Yes, she told me everything but she didn't ask me if it was true because we had already talked about it and she knew how I felt."

What did he mean she didn't ask if it was true? If she didn't ask, then she already knew the answer which meant... Jennifer blurted out, "Does that mean it's true? You really love me like that? That much?"

Dave finally opened up and he confessed his true love for her in a torrent of words. At first she was happy that nothing serious was wrong with him, but then, when he asked her to leave Mark, she was stunned. Her first thought was to say yes — she loved Dave deeply. As he continued to speak she was shocked to hear him say he won the British Open to show how much he loved her. She suddenly felt guilty — she hadn't watched his final round because she had spent that day with Mark. Her mind was racing as she thought about Mark's proposal. Dave suddenly held her hand and said he wanted his engagement ring to be on her hand instead of Mark's. Deep down she wanted to be with Dave but her mind replayed Mark's previous concern and words 'When he realizes how special you are, he will simply snap his fingers and you will run to him and drop me.' She thought how she did love Mark and couldn't seriously hurt him by suddenly leaving him for Dave.

She looked into Dave's eyes as a million thoughts ran through her head. She heard him say, "I love you more than anything in the world. I need you — you are my soul-mate. Please leave Mark and be with me. I'll leave Wake Forest and enroll at your university. I'll quit golf if you want. I'll do anything. Please tell me you want to be with me, too."

She was totally shocked by his words. She never imagined he felt so deeply for her. He was willing to give up his golf career for her. Tears ran down her cheeks as she kept asking herself what she should tell him. She did love him but she also loved Mark. She knew her expression of doubt would hurt him so she pulled him into a hug as she thought about what she should do. He was right — they were soul-mates but she also loved Mark. She kept thinking about what to do but couldn't decide. She heard herself say, "I love you too, Dave." But it felt like it was a dream — or was it a nightmare?

She thought about how she and Mark had grown really close over the past six months and how much they loved each other. She held Dave tight, not wanting him to see the anguish in her face as she debated what to say. She couldn't agree to be with him without talking to Mark first. Did she want to leave Mark?

Dave suddenly pushed her back and his joyful expression evaporated in an instant as he saw the frightened expression on her face. Again, he softly asked, "Will you leave Mark and be with me?"

Tears ran steadily down her face as she knew she couldn't tell him what he wanted to hear. She slowly replied, "I don't know, Dave. I do love you but I love Mark, too. Two years ago I would definitely have said yes — but right now? I'm not sure. I need some time to think. Can you give me some time?"

The look of incredible disappointment on his face broke her heart. How could she hurt her best friend like this? She wanted to tell him yes but she wasn't really sure if that was what she wanted to do. She watched him look at Mark's ring and he suddenly let that hand go. She thought he was getting mad and was going to walk away from her but he didn't release her other hand. She realized that Mark's ring, that symbol of her engagement, was really bothering him. His eyes slowly moved up until he was staring into her watery eyes. He whispered, "I will wait for you — forever if I have to."

She started to cry again when they suddenly heard someone walk through the woods from the golf course. Jennifer softly said, "Let's walk back to the beach."

When he said no that he wanted to be alone, she wanted to stay with him but she couldn't tell him what he wanted her to say so she stared intently at him as he released her hand then walked towards the woods separating North Beach golf course from the clay road they were on. When he disappeared through the trees she debated rushing to him and telling him yes but she knew she wasn't ready to do that. She eventually turned and walked back towards the beach. She seemed to walk as if she were in a daze — she compared Mark to Dave and everything told her she wanted to be with Dave.

As she walked over the sand dune, she saw Jana and Kyra sitting waiting for her. She walked to them and hugged Jana. Tears were running down her cheeks as she told the twins that Dave asked her to leave Mark to be with him. Jana asked what she told him and Jennifer confessed that she simply didn't know what to say. She loved Mark as well and never expected Dave to ask her to leave him. She looked at Kyra and whispered, "I was totally shocked when he asked me. He feels really hurt because I couldn't say yes but I haven't said no either. I just need time to think. Will you go check to make sure he is okay?" Kyra kissed Jennifer on the cheek and, after receiving directions to where Dave was, Kyra walked away over the sand dune.

Jana and Jennifer went back to where her parents were sitting. She noticed that Alec and Shauna were staring at her and she knew that they must have known what Dave was feeling. She screamed in her mind, "Why didn't someone warn me?" Her parents asked if she was okay and she told them she was fine. There was something in the way her mother looked at her that told her that her mother knew as well.

She lay down on her towel and pretended to be simply tanning herself but she was quickly becoming an emotional mess. She didn't have a clue what to do. Dave was her best friend and they knew each completely but she had made a commitment to Mark who she believed also loved her. Eventually Dave and Kyra returned; Dave looked very sad. He asked Kyra, Shauna, and Alec to go snorkeling and they went into the water. Shortly after they went snorkeling Jennifer asked Jana, "Are you ready to go back to the trailer?"

Jana nodded so they said goodbye to everyone on the beach and left for the campground. Once they were in the car Jennifer started to cry and Jana comforted her. Jennifer explained, "I'm so confused. I love Dave very much but I thought he had moved on without me and now I love Mark too. He has supported me for well over a year and I don't know how I could break it off with him. But Dave has been my best friend forever. What do you think I should do?"

Jana held Jennifer in her arms as she whispered, "I don't really know. I'm as shocked as you are. I can't believe Kyra didn't say something. I've gotten to know Dave very well this past year and he is very special, but Mark seems very nice as well. I don't know what you should do but don't rush to decide. I'd hate to see you make the wrong decision."

Jennifer nodded agreement, started the car, and drove back to the campground. She led Jana to her room and simply sat on her bed where they talked. Jennifer tried to make a list of all of their good qualities and another list of all their bad qualities. She knew Dave so well that both his lists were much longer. They eventually heard a car pull up in front of the trailer and Jennifer got up and closed the door to her room. After a few minutes, her mother called through the door that her father was starting the barbecue. Jennifer thanked her but didn't come out of her room.

Ten minutes later Kyra tapped on the door and asked if she could come in. As soon as she entered, she sat beside Jennifer and said, "I'm really sorry I didn't tell Jana or you about Dave's feelings but he made me promise not to tell either of you anything."

Jennifer nodded understandingly and asked, "When was that?"

Kyra explained, "It was the night he won the NCAA title. He said he had called you and I could tell he was very upset. He tried to act normal but I could tell something was really bothering him so I pulled him aside and we had a serious talk. He said he thought he had made a mistake going to Wake Forest and he wished he had never left you. I begged him to call you to explain his feelings but he wouldn't. He was scared you would reject him. I guess he also told Danielle much the same thing a few weeks later. When you called Jana, I couldn't say anything because I had promised Dave that I wouldn't tell you or Jana that he did love you as much more than friends."

Jana growled, "You should have told me anyway."

Kyra glowered at her sister then said, "If I had, you would have told Jennifer; that's why Dave made me promise not to tell. I wouldn't betray his trust."

Jennifer cut in, "Trust is really important to Dave. You did the right thing, Kyra. I forgive you for not telling me." They hugged before Jennifer asked, "How is Dave doing?"

Kyra looked at her very intently, "He's very worried you will reject him. I know he loves you very much."

Jennifer quickly replied, "I love him too but I also love Mark. I want to say yes to Dave but I don't want to lose Mark." She began to cry again. "I'm so confused."

Kyra and Jana both hugged and consoled her. After about fifteen minutes, Jennifer's mother said dinner was ready. Before they left the trailer, Jennifer explained, "I don't think I want to go to Dave's house tonight. I'm going to stay here."

Jana immediately added, "I'll stay with you." Jennifer smiled blandly at her.

Kyra asked, "Do you mind if I go to town with Dave?"

Jennifer softly said, "No, I don't mind. Please tell Dave that I'm not rejecting him; I do love him, but I need time to confirm to myself that I'm ready to leave Mark."

Kyra nodded and they all went out to eat. The atmosphere around the picnic table was very somber and quiet. Very little was said during the meal and when everyone finished eating Jennifer told Dave she was going to stay at the trailer. He simply nodded that he understood but he never made eye contact with her. She felt terrible to see Dave so sad; she felt just as awful.

After Kyra confirmed that she was still welcome to go to town with Dave, she ran to the trailer and got her bag. A short while later, Jennifer watched Dave drive up the clay road and out of sight. She went to her room with Jana and they spent a long time talking. She eventually heard her parents come into the trailer and she left Jana in the bedroom to go talk to them.

She sat in a chair across from the couch in the very small living room where her parents were cuddled together. She looked at her mother intently before she asked, "Do you know what happened today?"

Heather replied, "Yes, Dave told us he declared his love and asked you to leave Mark."

Jennifer nodded then asked, "Did you know he was going to ask me?"

Heather kind of shrugged, "I had an idea. The night Dave arrived home from England, he was on top of the world. He asked me if you were going to be home the next day because he wanted to go see you. I told him you were working but would probably be home in the evening. I could tell he wanted to tell you something important but he didn't know you were engaged to Mark so I told him about that. His expression changed drastically and I noticed his mood was suddenly very sad. He made an excuse about not going to see you because he had other plans but I knew it was more than that. I left him alone with his mother but I wondered all night what was wrong. I didn't find out until the next night when Carol told me he had decided he wanted to ask you to leave Mark to be with him, but once he found out you were engaged, he changed his mind."

Jennifer gasped then pleaded, "Why didn't you tell me?"

Heather moved off the couch and held her daughter in her arms. "I spoke to your father about it and we both agreed that we had to stay out of it. We have always stayed out of your relationships and we didn't think this was a good time to interfere. If Dave changed his mind and never asked you then we would have told you something he didn't want said. We thought it best to let the two of you deal with it — you're both adults now."

Jennifer cried on her mother's shoulder before she asked, "Do you have any advice?"

Heather held her close and whispered, "Only that you should take your time and make sure you are certain before you chose either Dave or Mark. One of them will be very upset — so be careful to consider their feelings."

Jennifer nodded before she replied, "I know and I don't want to hurt either one of them." She then hugged her mother tightly before she went back to her room. She and Jana talked most of the evening before they finally went to sleep. Jennifer's emotions changed from sadness to delight as she described some of the very special times she spent with Dave and Mark.

They woke shortly after eight the next morning and Jennifer was afraid Dave would show up that afternoon but luckily he respected her space and she didn't see him all day. Jennifer spent the day at the beach with Jana but she thought about Dave and Mark constantly. She couldn't decide what she wanted to do and the day seemed to drag on forever. She debated whether she could call Mark but that would only upset him and he didn't need to know what was going on until she made her decision.

Later that evening, after dinner, she and Jana went for a walk through the campground. Jennifer introduced Jana to some of her and Dave's friends and five straight friends asked her if she was proud of Dave for winning the British Open. She thought, "Of course I'm proud. What a stupid question," but she kept remembering Dave saying he won the tournament for her and she eventually got very upset.

She and Jana returned to the trailer and spent another quiet evening in her bedroom. Kyra eventually called and gave a brief update on Dave. She explained that he was patiently waiting for Jennifer to decide but he was still very anxious. She also asked if they were still going to Basin Head the next day and Jennifer paused before Kyra said that Dave would give her lots of space but he really wanted her to go. Jennifer said she would.

She and Jana eventually fell asleep cuddled in each others arms. Jennifer was relieved to have Jana's support.

The trip to Basin Head the next day was very hard on Jennifer; she was afraid to face Dave. As they pulled into the parking lot, Dave's family and friends were unloading their van. Jennifer's dad pulled up beside them and they were unpacking their car when Dave walked over to Jennifer and asked to speak to her. She followed him a short distance away from both of their families. She was nervous that he might ask for a decision but instead he explained, "As I said, I will wait for as long as I have to for an answer but I realize that we both have friends here on vacation and it's not fair for my stupidity to ruin their fun. Please let's just behave as if we are normal friends for their sake."

She was shocked as she thought he was questioning their friendship. She had thought they would be friends forever but now he suddenly wanted her to pretend to be friends. She got very upset and replied, "We are friends. I don't want that ever to change. I'm sorry I can't answer right away but it is just a very difficult decision."

He shook his head. "I said I don't expect a fast decision. Let's just carry on as normal as we can, okay?"

She nodded. "I'll try."

Her mind was racing as she wondered if she was losing her best friend but she pushed that thought briefly from her head as she felt his arms wrap around her and he kissed her cheek before he guided her back to the car. She felt so wonderful in his arms and she asked herself why she couldn't simply tell him she loved him the same way he loved her.

The rest of the day went really well and she eventually started to feel very comfortable with Dave. He seemed like his happy self as he played in the water with the twins and Jennifer enjoyed spending time with all of them. Dave eventually asked if she and Jana would like to go to the theatre that evening and Jennifer agreed to go.

She had a wonderful evening and she was happy to spend some enjoyable time with Dave. She got to know Alec and Shauna better and she liked them very much. After the show Jana asked Jennifer if they could sleep with Dave that night as she had previously planned. Jennifer got very upset and said, "Jana, I can't do that after everything that has happened this week."

Jana tried to talk her into it, but Jennifer refused. Kyra suddenly walked to them and when she heard what Jana was asking she berated Jana and told her to stop acting so damn selfish. Jana got angry at her sister and started pouting. Jennifer turned to face Dave who was standing too far away to hear the details of their conversation. She was surprised to see him staring at her curiously. She called to him to say she and Jana were going to North Beach. They went to Jennifer's car and drove off; the drive to North Beach was very quiet. When they were eventually in bed together Jana explained that she really wanted to spend the night with Jennifer and a man so she asked if maybe they could do it with Mark instead. Jennifer was surprised by the request and simply said, "We'll see." Deep down she hoped Jana would forget about it.

They fell asleep and Jennifer felt much better about the day she had spent with Dave. She still wasn't sure who she wanted to be with but she hoped that if she did choose Mark that she might not lose Dave's friendship.

They slept in the next morning and, after spending the morning at the pool, they had a good lunch at the trailer. Jennifer and Jana went for a long walk before returning to the trailer to relax. Jennifer was sitting on the couch when Dave entered the trailer. He looked very upset and asked to speak to her alone. They walked up the clay lane towards the entrance to the campground; as they walked Dave started, "Kyra told me last night what the argument between you and Jana was about." Jennifer tried to explain but Dave cut her off. "Please let me finish. As I told you, I love you more than anything but I could never allow you to have sex with another man. If we were in a committed relationship, I would never sleep with another woman and I would expect you not to sleep with another man. Why would Mark allow you to do that?"

Jennifer was very surprised by Dave's anger. She had never seen him so mad. She tried to explain, "Mark believes in open relationships and he..."

Dave cut her off and said, "Well, I don't agree with him and if you do then we are obviously much more different than I thought. If that is the kind of man you want, then Mark is the man for you and you are welcome to him."

Jennifer started to get angry as well. Dave had no right to judge her or Mark's decisions. But she could hear an eerie finality in Dave's words and she pleaded, "What about when we were with Ann and Katherine?"

Dave looked a little surprised but quickly replied, "That was different. We all agreed to those relationships and we were still exclusive to each other."

Jennifer could see Dave slipping out of her life and she didn't want that to happen. She started to cry and gasped, "What if I want you and not Mark?"

Dave looked into her eyes. "Then tell me so right now."

She still didn't know who she wanted but she didn't want to lose her best friend. She sobbed, "You said you would wait; I haven't decided yet."

Dave's anger would not allow him to waiver. "I need to know now or it's over."

She cried, "I can't decide now."

Dave sighed. "I guess it's over then. I love you, Jennifer, and part of me always will — but you have actually made your decision."

Dave started to walk back towards the campsite. He was walking out of her life and she couldn't allow him to do that. She ran to catch him and she pleaded, "We'll still be friends, won't we?"

Dave turned and faced her. "Right now I hurt so bad that I don't even want to look at you. I don't know. Maybe over time but right now I need to get away from you and I never imagined I would ever say that."

He turned and continued walking. She couldn't believe he wanted to get away from her. They had been best friends forever and she couldn't imagine a future without him as some part of it. She chased him and pleaded with him but he wouldn't even listen to her. When he got to his car, he turned and looked at her. "Goodbye, Jennifer."

She yelled, "No Dave, I can't lose you." But he had already slammed the door and was pulling out of the campsite. Jana came running out of the trailer and held Jennifer in her arms as she cried.

Jana asked, "What happened?"

As Dave's car drove out of sight, Jennifer ran into the trailer and threw herself on her bed. She cried into her pillow and it was at least fifteen minutes before she could explain what happened to Jana. Jana shook her head before she said, "That's not fair of him. He said he would give you enough time to decide."

Jennifer got angry and growled, "Pack up your clothes. I'm leaving for Charlestown right away. You can come with me or stay with Dave — it's your choice." Jennifer then got up and started stuffing her clothes into her bag as she growled, "He has no damn right to order me around. Who the hell does he think he is? He has no right to demand that I leave Mark. He left me and went to live his stupid fucking golf dream. The hell with him!"

Jana pleaded, "Let me call Kyra and see if she knows what's going on." Jana called Kyra and told her what happened. Jennifer suddenly realized what she was doing to the twins when she heard Jana sob, "I don't know what we are going to do, Kyra. Jennifer wants to leave immediately and I don't want to leave her this upset." Jana listened to Kyra for a moment and then turned to Jennifer and asked, "Will you wait for Kyra to talk to Dave?"

Jennifer saw the deep sadness in her friends face and she nodded yes then lay down on her bed and buried her face in a pillow as she began crying again. Jana joined her a few moments later. Jennifer and Jana cuddled on the bed as Jana tried to console her. After twenty minutes Kyra called back and by then Jennifer had calmed down a little. She agreed to stay one more night and convinced Jana to go to Cape Breton with Dave and Kyra for the weekend as originally planned. Jana was relieved and she told Kyra the news. After Jana promised to be ready early in the morning when Dave came to pick her up, she said goodbye to Kyra. Jana then sat with Jennifer and they talked about Jennifer's relationships with both Dave and Mark.

When her mother got home later in the afternoon, Jennifer asked her to go for a walk and she told her what happened with Dave. Heather told Jennifer that whenever you bring extra people into your relationship then you bring significant complications with it. Heather agreed that Dave had no right to judge her and Mark's decisions but she also sympathized with Dave when she explained that Dave probably wanted Jennifer very much and the idea of sharing her with anyone was beyond his imagination. Jennifer felt better after the conversation and she realized she still had a lot to think about.

She and Jana spent a quiet evening around the trailer. Jennifer's thoughts were on Dave and what life would be like without him. She had always known he would be there for her, just as when her father had that heart attack. She couldn't imagine not talking to him or even sending e-mails to him. Jana knew Jennifer was deep in thought and allowed her space to think.

When they eventually went to bed Jana asked if Jennifer wanted her to go back to Charlestown instead of Cape Breton but Jennifer insisted she had to go to work and that Jana should spend some time with Dave. They eventually fell asleep, naked, cuddled in each other's arms. Jennifer really appreciated Jana sticking by her.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.