World's Oldest Rookie - Cover

World's Oldest Rookie

Copyright© 2005 by Tony Stevens

Chapter 4: Orlie and Paul

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 4: Orlie and Paul - Alex Osborn just wanted a chance, at long last, to prove he could pitch in the majors. He got his chance -- and took another chance as well -- maybe with the wrong woman.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Interracial   Slow  

"Tell me about Alex Osborn," Orlie said to Paul Warren late that evening, after the game as the two of them prepared for bed. Orlie had already told Paul, with considerable enthusiasm, how well-received Alex's speech to the Boosters had been.

"I don't know all that much to tell," Paul said. "I know he's bounced around the minors for a long time, never quite making it."

"Yes, I heard about some of that. He seems to think you're the first one to ever really give him a shot."

"I kind of doubt that that's true," Paul said. "It may be the way Osborn perceives it, but I know that ball clubs aren't exactly careless, when they're hunting for talent. It's hard to believe the guy was just completely overlooked by three other organizations before we got him."

"But you said that Arlie recommended him to you."

"Sure. And Arlie knows his stuff. But judging ballplayers isn't exactly an exact science. Arlie's judgment isn't infallible."

"But. This one -- Alex Osborn. Is he going to make it?"

"I don't know, Babe. Maybe. He's smart, and he's got some talent. We're using him as a spot reliever -- one or two hitters and then out -- whether he does good or bad."

"And that's because... ?"

"That's because he isn't overpowering. He relies on throwing a variety of junk up there, and hoping to fool the hitters. He's a lot like Sam Bailey was, when he came up."

"But -- Sam Bailey's in your starting rotation!"

"Yes, he is. And he was 14-9 last year. He's 3-0 for us now."

"So, did Sam's fastball get any faster?"

"Did his fastball -- no." Paul laughed. "No, Sam's a junk pitcher now, just like he always was. Generally, fast balls don't get faster as you age."

"So. Sam's not -- what did you say? --overpowering, either, right?"

"Right. And stop trying to pretend you don't know about these things. You've been a bone-deep observer of baseball players ever since I met you, back in Bluefield."

"He certainly seems like an intelligent young man," Orlie said. "He started his speech today with 'Y'know, ' and I thought, 'Oh, God, he's going to be one of those 'Y'know' guys who says it every other sentence. But, y'know, I don't think he ever said it again, the whole time he was up there!"

"You said it," Paul said, laughing.

"What?"

"You said, 'y'know' -- just now -- when you were telling me about how Alex didn't use it."

Orlie smiled. "Well, everybody says it -- y'know?"

"So, anyway," Paul said, "why all this interest in our spot reliever?"

"He's very attractive," Orlie said, teasing.

"Ohhhhh! Yes. But he's too young for you. And besides, I'm all the man you can handle."

"Oh, I know he's too young for me. And although it's not true that you're all the man I could handle, you'll do until something better comes along. --But I think Maria was pretty smitten with him."

"Maria? --Really?"

"Really! I mean, the man gave a helluva nice talk, and he was highly complimentary about you, and if you haven't noticed, Maria still thinks that you personally hang out the stars, every night at dusk."

"She was impressed with Osborn, huh?"

"Very."

"He's like, 32 years old!"

"Yeah, I got that. It was kind of the theme of his whole speech today."

"And Maria's a kid."

"She's 19, Paul! She's a sophomore in college. She has a job. She's not a virgin. She's definitely not a kid!"

"She's not a virgin?"

Orlie laughed. "You know damned well she's not a virgin! She's our wonderful, sweet, intelligent, obedient, ambitious, beautiful daughter -- but, Paul, you know she's not a virgin!"

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.