From the Ashes of Disaster - Cover

From the Ashes of Disaster

Copyright© 2005 by Tetley

Chapter 11

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 11 - James was at sea when IT happened. The cruise ship he was on turned from a fun filled holiday to a floating tomb. A story set in the "Silent Endings - New Beginnings" universe by Lazlong with his kind permission.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   Harem  

I was lying on one of the many couches in one of the rooms in the Island base wondering what to do next when Annie came in.

"Ayesha?"

I sat up and looked over at my almost-sister wife.

"What is it, honey?" There was obviously a problem since she looked and sounded worried.

"Um... You know that boy that keeps on hanging around me?"

"Yes, what about him?"

"Well, he's been getting a little obnoxious." She hesitated and I waited for her to continue.

"Firstly he never turns up unless I'm naked and he's been making some comments about me being 'his bitch'."

Whoops, I didn't like the sound of that. Theoretically, that sort of attitude would prevent someone from joining our community, but when we accepted a person with children, the children came along despite their attitudes. I suppose that was one of the failings of our Island society. I also didn't like th boy very much or those he hung around with. They were too quick to take offense and be agressive.

"Go on."

"Well, I've been avoiding him, hiding really. If I see him coming I try to find somewhere else to be."

"That sounds like a good plan. I can hear a 'but' in there somewhere."

"Yeah. This morning I heard him coming with some of his friends and had to hide in one of the stationery cupboards. I squeezed myself into the bottom shelf and closed the door and wedged something in the bottom lock so it wouldn't open."

Annie isn't the smallest of people around, and the cupboards she referred to were not the largest so I assumed that avoiding this boy was at the top of her list of most desirable things to be doing.

"I lay there hardly daring to breathe and waited for them to go away, only they didn't. They stayed there talking. They hadn't seen me at all. They were just looking for somewhere to talk without anyone hearing."

She looked at me and I could see that she was very worried.

"And what they said has you worried?"

"And how. They seemed to be talking about some plan or other. I didn't hear all of what they said and some things just didn't make any sense. But they mentioned James' name a lot. God, I hope he's all right."

I knew how she felt. He was my husband and I loved him dearly. I hoped like hell that he was all right as well.

"And they mentioned something about 'Spirit'."

I went on instant alert at that. While James was away I was acting Captain. 'Spirit' was my command and anything to do with her was something I was intensely interested in.

"They said that now that James was away the adults were going to get the council to agree that someone else ought to be in charge of it." Her tone became aggrieved. "They called 'Spirit' an 'it'."

Inwardly I smiled at her tone.

"Bastards." I said "But carry on. What else did they say?"

"Not much else - just that they felt things would be much easier for them and the 'plan'. They stopped after that and left as there was someone coming." She looked at me. "I've a really bad feeling about this. What are we going to do?"

What indeed.

"Okay, I need to speak to Chang, you swim out to 'Spirit' and stay there. Don't use one of the tenders and don't be seen. Can you do that?"

She nodded.

"Good." I fished in my pocket and took out a key and gave it to her. "That's the wheelhouse key, don't lose it." She tucked it away in a pocket.

"Okay, you sneak away and I'll get the rest of the crew together after I've talked to Chang. We'll be heading out to 'Spirit' later on. We're going to do a spot of overhauling."

"How is that going to help?"

"I'll tell you later on board with the rest of the gang. For now, sneak away and don't let what's-his-face or his cronies see you. In fact, don't let anyone see you."

Annie, bless her heart, didn't hesitate but went to the door, checked that no-one was around and slipped out.


I didn't have to search for Chang; he was where most people expect him to be, looking after the tenders. He was the Bos'n after all.

I shut the cavern doors behind me so that we would not be heard and would hear anyone coming as soon as they opened the doors.

"You are worried."

Sometimes that man is downright spooky.

"You could say that. Do you know what is going on?"

"No. There have been rumblings and rumours, no more."

"Well, things might be hotting up a little." I told him what Annie had said.

"An obnoxious boy." he commented after I had finished. "His family are fine. Nice people and hard workers, but the boy is different. So are the ones he associates with."

"Yeah, well, I don't like the idea of anyone taking over the 'Spirit' so this is what we are going to do. I explained my plan to him, to which he gave one of his rare smiles.

"I will do as you ask."

"Good, I need to find the rest of the crew."


That afternoon we gathered on board. I quickly told everyone what Annie had discovered and then told them the plan, such as it was.

"Okay, people, we are going to overhaul the 'Spirit'. When James left he gave me instructions to go over every inch of the boat and check that nothing is wrong. Everything that is damaged is to be repaired, sails, ropes, rigging, mechanics, everything. So that is what we are going to do.

There is going to be lots of activity aboard and lots of coming and going with tools, paint and anything else that will make it look like we are repairing things. I want the engines to look like they are stripped down, I want the sails off and spread around the deck. In short I want it to look like the 'Spirit' isn't going anywhere for a month or two. But," and I looked around at everyone "I want it all done so that we can leave here at very short notice, not more than a day."

There was silence for a few moments.

"Where is Harry when you need her?"

I don't know who spoke as it was said too quietly, but it gave us all a laugh.

"Alright. What I also want is that every time we make a trip out here, as well as the things we are taking backwards and forwards as camouflage, I want provisions brought aboard as well. Little by little over the next few weeks, this boat is going to be fully fitted out. I want everyone to bring clothes here as well but not obviously. This is to be, to borrow a phrase from some of my sister wives, a covert operation. Understood?"

There was agreement from everyone.

"Good. In Harry's absence, I'll be the coordinator, Chang is engineer in Bob's absence, the rest of you sort yourselves out. Let's get moving."

We made no secret of the fact that work was being done on Spirit. The following morning and every morning after that Chang would bring out the tenders and we would load them up and head out to the ship. Many times a day the smaller boats would be taken ashore, rowing to conserve fuel, loaded up and rowed back again. Every evening the laden tenders would return to the dock where things would be unshipped and put back where they belonged.

Needless to say, it wasn't long, just less than three weeks, before I was called to the council. Three current councilors where there but so were two other men that I didn't recognise.

"Ayesha, it has come to our notice that you are working on the ship. Would you care to explain?"

"I didn't know that there was any need to explain. You imply that there is something wrong."

There was a long moment's silence.

"That really isn't any way to talk to the councilors." This came from one of the two other men.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know who you are. Would you care to introduce yourself and explain why you are present at this meeting?"

The man drew himself up importantly and declaimed "I am Bob Reilly and I brought this matter to the council's attention."

"And?"

"And what?"

"What why do you feel that this relatively minor matter needs to be brought to the council's attention?"

He spluttered for a moment.

"Because, young woman, it is obvious that you are up to something."

"Tell me, do you also bring to the council's attention that people are working in the fields and green houses, or in the library or schools. They are obviously up to something as well."

"They are working for the good of the community. You are not."

"Oh, and what gives you that impression?"

"What good is working on that boat to the community?"

He was beginning to shout and getting red in the face. I looked at the councilors who looked back impassively. Something was definitely going on here and it smelt rotten. I got the impression that the councilors knew pretty much exactly what was going on and were letting him have as much rope as he needed.

"You would agree that contact with the mainland, our trade with other communities is a good thing?"

"Yes, but what has that..." I interrupted him.

"And you would also agree that this contact and trade would be impossible without the 'Spirit'?"

"What has that to do..." And again I interrupted him. I was enjoying myself.

"You would also agree that keeping the ship in good condition was essential to maintain that contact and trade, would you not?"

He said nothing this time.

"I take your silence to mean that you agree with me. Well, if you have been watching us then you will have noticed that we have been working and working hard on maintenance."

I stopped and there was another long pause. Finally, I looked to the councilors. Will there be anything else?

Jeremy, our current leader, finally spoke. "Yes, as a matter of fact there is something we need to discuss with you." He turned to the two other men. "If you will excuse us, I believe our business with you is concluded." He looked at the two men pointedly until they finally got up and left the room. Jeremy motioned me closer and started speaking in a soft voice.

"Being a member of this council is not a job for the faint hearted, nor for someone with a volatile temper. Bob Reilly has gathered a number of people around him and convinced them that there should be a change of leadership sooner rather than later and that he should be elected to the council. Most of our time is spent playing a very subtle game of politics" he spat the word "which this council was never intended to need. We" and he pointed to the other two council members "try to keep things on an even keel, but we cannot be everywhere all the time. You need to satisfy a number of people that you are doing just what you say you are."

We looked at each other.

"Expect to have volunteers to help with the work on the ship. Don't turn them away. Understood?"

"Understood, but volunteers that have no skills will not be taken and those that do not work properly will not be asked to return."

"That is a given."

I nodded at the other two, turned and left.


We had three volunteers the next morning. The lad who had been stalking Annie and two of his friends. They sauntered down to the dock as we were loading up.

"We'd like to give you a hand."

"That's good. Tell me, what skills have you got?" I took out my clipboard and pen, flipped over a few pages and waited for them to speak.

"Skills, what do you mean skills?"

"I mean, what can you do?"

"Well, anything to help."

"Have you any experience with boat electrics?"

"No."

"Okay, how about plumbing?"

"No."

I flipped over another page.

"Sail making skills? Rope work?

They shook their heads. I flipped more pages.

"Carpentry?" again the shake of the heads.

"How about diesel mechanics?"

"No."

I flipped all the pages back and closed the clipboard.

"Well, you have nothing to offer us so I'm afraid that I'm going to have to turn you down. I need skilled people."

"You can't do that."

"I just have. I suggest that you go back to your normal duties."

We left them standing on the dock.


"So the council know that something is going on but won't help us?" said Kate.

"Yes and no. They know that something is going on but can't help us, at least, not openly. We have to accept that people will want to see what we are doing and will offer to help us. We have to accept their help." I looked around at them all. "But we have to also realise that any such help is, in effect, spying on what we are doing. So, this place has to look like a bombsite. Everything everywhere and the work we are going to be doing over the next few days is going to be totally boring. They'll soon give up."

Sure enough, we had skilled people volunteer their services; one guy was an electrician and helped us out there. Another, a welder, made some repairs to some of the metal work. Chang had two mechanics assisting him with engine servicing on the outboard motors, the only petrol engines we had. We had three seamstresses working on the sails with us, but two of them only lasted a morning. Sewing sails by hand is very tedious. If you don't do it right, it's also a very bloody job since you get the needle in your hand more often than the sail.

About another two weeks after I had been called to the council meeting, I was called in again. Same people.

"Ayesha, would it be possible for you to spare a little time showing us all what you are doing?"

"Certainly, would this afternoon after lunch be suitable?"

Jeremy looked at the other council members who nodded. "Yes, that would be fine."

"Good, I'll send Chang ashore for you in the large tender at 14:00."

"Excellent, we'll see you then."

I kept an eye on Chang as he tied up at the dock using the binoculars. The three councilors were there as was Bob and the other man whose name I still didn't know and not to my surprise, the three lads were there as well.

"Annie?" I called. She came running. "What is it?"

I handed her the glasses and nodded towards the dock.

"Oh God, not them. What am I going to do?"

She handed the glasses back.

"I think that you are going to be inspecting the radome and wind generator on the foremast. Get yourself a tool belt and safety harness and break out the bosun's chair." She dashed away and collected the things she needed.

I checked her safety harness as she stepped into the bosun's chair.

"Okay, check the wiring, open the radome and check for leaks and corrosion also check all the connections, both electrical and mechanical and make sure that they are all tight. Ditto the wind generator. Take your time and do a thorough job. If you need anything call down for it, we'll hoist it up to you in a bucket."

I clipped the canvas bucket to the chair and put the coil of thin rope attached to its handle inside it.

"Okay."

"And clip on when you're up there, I want no accidents."

"I will."

"Good. Okay hoist away." The two mechanics and I made short work of getting her up to the correct height. I made fast on a belaying pin and we returned to our work. We had the running rigging laid out on deck and were inspecting every inch of it. Once each piece had been inspected and any damage that could be was repaired, it was thoroughly washed in salt water to remove any dirt and then rinsed in fresh water. We had three barrels of fresh water for the purpose. The ropes were thoroughly rinsed in the first, then the second and finally the third and then hung up to dry. After the third rope was rinsed out, the first barrel of water was emptied overboard, refilled with fresh water and then became the third barrel. It took a lot of effort to do this; it was repetitive and boring. Exactly what we needed people to do in order to not want to come back again.

Chang returned shortly with the tender and we helped them all aboard.

"Welcome aboard." I began, "I don't think you've yet had the pleasure of a tour so let me show you around."

"Where's Annie?" This was said in a loud voice by the 'leader' of the three lads.

"If you'll follow me we'll start below deck and work our way up from there." I continued, ignoring the interruption.

"I said, where's Annie?"

I ignored him again and led the way to the aft of the ship.

"Hey, don't turn your back on me. I want to know where Annie is."

I turned to look at him. "Unlike you she is working and I don't want her disturbed."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that you are a lazy good-for-nothing that is skiving out of doing any work. Ever since you have come to my attention I have never seen you do a stroke of work. Most other people do something for the community. You, it appears, just scrounge."

The air turned blue at this and his face turned red. I couldn't belived the things that he was saying. He got louder and louder until he was shouting, spraying spittle with every word that he said. He looked completely out of control. Finally, Bob took a step forward and slapped the boy hard. The tirade was abruptly cut off and he just stood there, a hand holding the side of his face which we could see had turned red from the force of the slap.

Jeremy turned to the lad "Jason, what are your duties?"

"That doesn't matter, I want to see Annie." he replied sullenly.

"It matters a great deal, what are your duties and the duties of your friends here?"

"I don't think that is important at the moment, councillor." Said Bob Reilly. I didn't let him finish.

"You think not? Tell me what are your duties. I haven't seen you working either."

The three councillor all turned to look at Bob. "Ayesha has a good point. What is it that you and Stephen do?

"I believe that we haven't been assigned duties as yet."

"How long have you been living in the community?"

"Six months."

The three councilors looked at each other, then turned back to Bob.

"It was made clear to you when you arrived that everyone would be assigned duties. I know this to be true since I gave that induction talk. Everyone is given duties. No-one is excused. If you haven't been given duties is it because you have not been to the Assignment Section and found out what they were. This means that you will be given extra duties to make up for what you have not done, starting tomorrow. I happen to know that one of the greenhouses needs extra hands for the next few weeks spreading manure. You are assigned there until you have made up the time you have skipped."

He turned back to me and smiled. "Now, you were going to show us below."

I gave then a brief tour of the cabins, galley and engine room, though there wasn't much room in there due to bits of engine lying around the place. Then we went topsides.

As we got back on deck Annie called down from the foremast.

"Ayesha, I forgot the silicon grease." All eyes looked up to where she sat with the radome open.

"Sure thing, lower the bucket."

She carefully let down the bucket. Chang passed me the tube of grease, which I placed in the bucket.

"Okay, haul away." She pulled the bucket back up and carried on working.

"What the hell's she doing up there?" Shouted Jason. "Get her down I want to talk to her."

"No."

"You can't tell me 'no'"

"Yes I can. She's working and she'll be down when she's finished, not before."

"But I want to talk to her."

"Then talk to her after working hours."

"But she's never around."

"That's not my problem." I turned away from him and started back towards the wheelhouse. The councilors and the others turned with me. We hadn't gone but a few steps when there was a shriek from aloft. I looked up and saw Annie dangling from her safety harness. I looked to the shrouds where the rope holding the bosun's chair was made fast just in time to see Jason knock both Adam and Eve down as they tried, bless them, to catch the rope he had undone. I dropped what I was holding and ran. I ran as fast as I could and barrelled into Jason knocking him off his feet. He flew through the air, for a few feet and crashed to the deck. Without thinking I stomped hard on his groin and was rewarded with a high pitched squeal from him as he curled up in the foetal position holding his balls.

Kate was looking after the two children as Chang caught the swinging rope, carefully pulled it so that the bosun's chair was once again under Annie's bottom. Then he and I sweated the halyard up so that she was once again sitting where she was supposed to be. I scampered up the ratlines until I was level with her.

"Are you okay, sweetheart."

"I think so. It gave me a fright, I nearly wet my panties."

"Are you okay to stay up here until they've gone or should we let you down?"

"I'm okay, I need to finish up here and I don't want to get even close to that boy."

I smiled at her.

"I hear you. Call when you're ready to be let down."

I climbed down the ratlines and swung on to the deck.

"You attacked Jason. You deliberately attacked him." accused Bob Reilly. I ignored him and went over to Jason, who was getting up from the deck.

"What the fuck do you think you were doing?"

"I wanted to speak to Annie."

"You nearly killed her you ignorant asshole. If she wasn't wearing that safety harness and it wasn't hooked on, she be lying on the deck dead, you prick."

He looked at me and I saw a sneer.

"So what?"

I hit him in the gut. No warning, just a punch with all my weight to the mark. He went white and struggled to get his breath. Then I kicked him in the balls again. Before he fell to the deck he vomited.

"Chang, would you wash the deck. I'm afraid I've made a mess."

I turned to the councilors and the two stunned men. I strode over to Bob grabbed him round the throat and squeezed.

"Be thankful I didn't kill the little bastard. I deal very harshly with attempted murder and don't you forget it." I let him go and he sagged against the bulwark, red in the face and gasping for breath.

"Councilors. I'm afraid that I have to ask you to escort these people off my ship. They are not wanted here and have caused considerable trouble. That piece of dogshit" I pointed at Jason "is forbidden from coming aboard this ship. If I or any of the crew see him here, he will be shot on sight.

I heard the sound of running footsteps on deck and several shouts. I turned to see Jason, a look of murder and hatred on his face and a wicked looking long knife in his hand, running towards me. I drew my handgun and shot him in the centre of his body. He crashed to the deck and lay still for a few moments. Then to my amazement he tried to get up again, still clutching the knife in his hand, the other hand pressing against the bullet hole. I walked over to stand close by him.

"Jason!" I called and as he looked at me I raised my handgun again and put a bullet between his eyes. After making sure that he was dead I returned the gun into the back of my waist band again and covered it with my shirt.

I turned back the the councilors and Bob who stood stunned at the sudden violence and death. I let the silence stretch out a while longer before addressing them.

"It seems that there is a positive campaign against the ship and it's crew. From now on all members of the crew will be armed, both onboard and ashore with instructions to use force where necessary."

"Isn't that a little extreme?" asked Jeremy.

"No, it's not. I believe, councilors, that you also need to do a little investigation. If Bob and the rest of these people have managed to avoid doing any duties, how may others are there and what are they trying to do? Until you have cleaned your own house, I and mine will be armed and ready to use deadly force."

Jeremy looked thoughtful.

"Now, we have work to do so I must ask you to return ashore and to let us get on with our jobs."

"Very well. Thank you for the tour, I'm sorry that it has caused you some much trouble."

"It is not your doing, councillor. Thank you for coming aboard. We will bring the body ashore after you have been taken back.

They got into the tender and Chang took them ashore.

"We tried Ayesha, honestly, we tried to stop him and then when he did that we tried to catch the rope."

I knelt down and hugged the two sobbing children. "I know you did and thank you for trying. You're such good kids."

Eve snuggled into my neck. "I don't want to go back ashore. Can't we go and be with James?"

I sighed and hugged them a little while longer. Then I stood up and considered what to do next. The crew stood around watching without saying anything. The volunteers stood behind them, also saying nothing.

What was I to do now? This was way out of my league. Chang returned and climbed back on deck.

"Okay. You people that have volunteered to help us will have to leave. I can't take the chance that one or more of you are involved in this plot against the 'Spirit' so all of you have to go. Please collect your belongings and get into the tender. I don't think any of you are involved, but I just can't take that chance."

The four volunteers picked up a few things and got into the tender. We lowered Jason's body into the tender after them and Chang and I took them all ashore. We were met by a crowd of angry people led by Bob.

"There she is. She killed him in cold blood, just shot him down." He was obviously trying to whip up a frenzy here.

I pulled my handgun and fired a shot into the air. There was silence.

"I have already shot one person who tried to kill me today, I have no problem with shooting anyone else that tries to do the same."

Bob took a breath intending to say something but stopped when he saw the gun turn in his direction.

"Shut. Up. Asshole." I spoke loudly and deliberately. Without taking my eyes of Bob I spoke to the crowd.

"This asshole has been trying to cause trouble. He doesn't work and is avoiding doing anything for you. He is a troublemaker. Listen to him at your peril. You." I pointed at one of the mechanics in the tender. "Did I 'shoot Jason in cold blood'? Did I 'just shoot him down'?"

His voice rang out. "No. He nearly killed one of your crew and then attacked you. If you had not done something about it, I would have."

"So would I." Called out the other mechanic. "That little snot was doing nothing but asking for trouble from the moment he got onto the ship. Ayesha here was tolerant of him until he nearly killed Annie. Then she protected her crew. That piece of shit" and he pointed at Bob "was almost as bad."

"Yeah, he's been skiving off work for the last six months. Who else of you are sponging of the rest of us? Who else of you are in this plot?"

I noticed that all but a few of the crowd had moved away from Bob. There were six adults, all men I was disturbed to note, and the two boys that had accompanied the unlamented Jason, well, unlamented by me.

There was a short moment of silence broken by the unmistakable sound of a rifle bolt being used. Bob and his cohorts turned towards the sound and found themselves facing several armed women and a man. The councilors stood off to one side. One of the armed women spoke.

"You are all covered. Move wrongly and we will shoot. Lie down on the ground, cross your ankles and place your arms wide palms up. Do it now."

No-one moved.

"You have to the count of three. One. Two." All but Bob hastily lay down. Bob, however, quickly reached into his pocket and started a move, emt that looked like he was trying to draw a weapon.

A sinlge shot rang out and he slowly crumpled to the floor a llok of shock on his face. He tried to say something and even as he was dying I could see the hate in his eyes. Not a word or sound was made by the crowd as Bob finally fell to the ground.

"The rest of you do not move." The voice commanded again. The men on the floor remained motionless.

Quickly and efficiently their hands were bound and they were assisted to their feet. The councilors stepped forward and Jeremy spoke.

"We have been making investigations for some time. You and your conspirators are now all in custody. You will be dealt with." He turned to the rest of the crowd.

"Please go about your normal duties. There will be a special meeting called once we have found out more. Please go."

Slowly the crowd walked away leaving the armed guards and the bound men.

I turned to the mechanics.

"Thanks for your support."

"No worries."

"No problem."

They took hold of Jason's body and unceremoniously hauled it onto the dock and dropped it by that of Bob Reilly.

I climbed onto the dock and walked over to the councilors.

"I wouldn't want your job for anything in the world."

They laughed but it was not a joyful laugh.

"Walk with us for a moment."

I walked with them.

"We think it would be wise for you to leave us for a while. Finish your overhaul and take the 'Spirit' away from the island. Our preliminary investigations have shown that there might be some connection between this lot and the people that James and the sergeants are trying to deal with. I wouldn't be at all surprised if every community round here had people in it working for those people, whoever they are. I don't know this for sure, but I think the target in all of this is the armory we have on the Island. Most other weapon caches are probably still locked up and unobtainable. We, on the other hand, have free access to a phenomenal store of armaments."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.