Collision Course and After - Cover

Collision Course and After

Copyright© 2004 by Volentrin

Chapter 4

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 4 - <b>Unfinished</b><br>This is three of my favorite types of dooms day stories. Heavenly body impacts earth, a nuclear exchange, and weather disaster, all rolled up into one package. There will be some sex in this story, but not until later.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   Science Fiction   Oral Sex   Masturbation   Violence  

The check point at Butte was bigger than the others. A trailer of some sort had been parked under an over pass along with three police cars, two were Butte City police vehicles, and one Montana State Police cruiser. A small generator was supplying power to the medium sized trailer.

After coming to a stop under the over pass, Greg got out and approached the officers. Snow was starting to get heavily mixed with the rain.

"I didn't notice any lights for Butte. Have you people lost power here?" Greg asked interestedly.

"Yes sir. Lost power to most of the grid earlier today. City hall, hospitals and some buildings have generators, but most folks have no power right now. It's being worked on. Um, sir, would you happen to have anything extra to eat? We have been placed on extended duty and no one has brought us a meal lately." The officer asked.

"Certainly. Hang on." Greg said. He went back to the Deuce and asked Sgt. Ballerton about extra MREs.

"We have 7 cases extra back in the supply vehicle sir. Give me a minute, and I will get it for them. We might want to refuel here though sir." The Sgt added. (All NCO's in the military are known as Sgt. Unless they are being addressed by specific rank.)

Sgt. Ballerton was back soon with three cases of MREs and gave them to the grateful police. Refueling was commencing with no problem.

"Say, could you spare a few gallons of diesel? We have not had a resupply in some time now, and our generator is starting to run low." He asked hopefully.

Greg thought about it a moment, and told them he could let them have 50 gallons if they had containers to put it in. The officer was ecstactic. He quickly went to the back of the trailer and came back with 4 5gallon metal fuel cans.

"Could you fill the generator itself if we shut it down temporarily? It would mean a great deal."

Greg nodded. He went over and instructed his fuel truck driver to not only fill the 4 5 gallon cans, but to fill the generator tank once they had shut down the generator.

"We can't offer you much, but we do have coffee. Would you and your men... and woman like a cup of hot coffee for the road?"

"I would love a cup of coffee! I am an avid coffee drinker, and have been most of my life! I will let the others know about your offer, thank you very much."

"I'll get the pot started. It was about time to make a fresh one anyway. We also have a port(-) a potty set up if you and your people would like to use it. In the meantime, come on in to the van and get warm. It's very comfortable, inside."

So Greg had the convoy pull over to the side of the road, still protected by the over pass, and left the vehicles with a Butte Montana police officer keeping an eye on them.

It was very crowded by the time everyone who could use the port- a potties did and returned for their cup of coffee. There were three cots set up that the police took turns sleeping on, but were now being used as chairs.

The officers opened the MREs and ate with gusto. One of the officers asked what in the world would cause the military to send a convoy out in this weather.

Greg thought a minute, then decided on a partial truth explanation.

"We are headed up into the Bitter Root Mountains to establish a look out there. It will also act as a relay for radio traffic once the weather clears up, and it will. Hopefully we will be able to tie in with the forest rangers, and have a good system up and running shortly after the weather clears. This way we can pass info back and forth over the mountains." Greg finished baldly.

Sgt. Ballerton who had finished his coffee quickly and left, came back in.

"Sir? You better see this. I think we better get going. The rain has slacked off and it has turned into snow mostly." Sgt. Ballerton said ominously. Greg drained the rest of his coffee and went outside. One look confirmed the Sgt's report.

What had been driving rain before, was now replaced with snow. It was falling at a moderate rate, but with thick flakes.

Greg went back in and told his people to use the facilities one last time if they needed to and get ready to move. When everyone was accounted for and in their vehicles, he himself took the wheel of his Hum V, and so the convoy continued into the snow filled evening.

For the next couple of hours, Greg kept up a grueling pace. Several times his or some other member of the convoy slide and almost lost it. The roads had iced up, but with snow falling on the ice, driving was much easier for awhile.

There was no check point anywhere after leaving Butte until they arrived at Superior. A mixed group of police and forestry service personnel were manning the Interstate and halted the convoy.

"Sir? Do you have orders or anything with you that I can look over? You're the first military convoy we have had here since the storm started. I am not really sure what I should do with you. He finished a bit unsure of himself.

"Certainly. Hang on a sec." Greg pulled out his fake set, and the cover set that General Weber had typed for him at the MP station. Greg looked at the troopers gathered around. They were already asking some of the other drivers about conditions south and east of here.

"I guess it's ok. To tell the truth, I haven't a clue as to what I am looking for. All they tell me, is to make sure whoever shows up has a valid reason or orders. I guess you got both." The trooper ended with a grin, handing the orders back to Greg.

"How is the bridge over the river? I have to change directions to the Hoodoo Pass road now." Greg asked.

"Hoodoo Pass road? Well, the bridge is still up, but I bet it won't be passable by this time tomorrow. I don't think you will be able to get over the pass though. We have over 6 inches of snow now, and the highway department is not clearing the roads, but you knew that already.

"The snow will be falling heavier farther up the mountain. We had a radio report that managed to get through a while ago. Since the rain let up, radio communications is getting a little better. Especially since the lightning finally seems to have stopped.

A ranger station up on the mountain top says snow is already over a foot and a half deep. Seriously, I don't think you can make it through the pass sir." The trooper finished worriedly.

"I am not going all the way up to the pass. Just a couple thousand feet up. We are going to whether the storm out at a lodge up there."

"Lodge? I am not familiar with any lodges sir. Several hotels and motels along the route, but not till you get to the top. I don't think you can make it that far." The trooper said, shaking his head.

"This would be a private home. It's there." Greg said patiently.

"Let me ask Ted. He is the best ranger we got here, and knows this area like the back of his hand." With that the trooper left and Greg fumed at the delay. Snow was piling up as he sat here.

Shortly the trooper returned with a man in tow. Greg sighed and got out of the Hum V.

"I'll be damned! It's Greg Baron! How the hell you doing sir?"

Greg looked closely at the man but didn't really recognize him.

"You have me at an advantage sir. I do well, but I don't seem to know you." Greg replied.

"Names Ted Pitman. I'm the local ranger for this area. I been by your place a couple times over the last couple years. You were there once, doing some writing, and gone the next time. Damned nice place you got there."

"You know him? He says he's headed up there now to sit out the storm in a lodge."

The trooper said.

"Wish I could go with him! You should see his place up there. Big two story log lodge. They built that thing tough! Got their own power too. Bet power is still on at his place, got his own you see. Be a right good place to sit out this storm and what ever happens after. Yeah, he's ok, let him through. He's got a place to go and he will be better off than most too!" Ted grinned as he said that last. "Wish I was going with you. That's some place you got." Nodding, Ted wondered off.

"Well, if Ted says your ok, then I guess it's ok. I couldn't let you try for that pass sir, you understand that, don't you?" The trooper asked.

"Sure. You're responsible for a lot of things now, and letting people go off to die is not something you would normally do, even in the best of times. Don't worry about it." Greg said relaxing. He was almost home, and now that he had been given the ok, he was anxious to get going.

Soon, Greg and his convoy of six vehicles were on their way to the Hoodoo Pass.

At first the road wasn't too bad. With all vehicles using their 4 or 6 wheel drive, everything went fairly smooth. This is until the road took a steep upward angle.

The trucks started to strain. The deuce was doing fairly well, but the supply truck was starting to founder. The fuel truck had 6 wheel drive also, and so was doing better than the supply truck, and as well as the Hum V's. Several times the supply truck almost came to a stop, but good driving on the part of the driver kept it going.

Finally it happened. It bogged down and came to a stop. He tried rocking the truck, but nothing worked. Finally, they decided to hook a tow chain up to it from the Deuce.

Slowly, the Deuce and a half took up the slack in the chain, and the supply truck moved. With wheels spinning at first, the supply truck finally started to move again.

There would be no stopping for the two trucks now. It was possible, even probable that if they stopped again, they would never get going again.

As they climbed higher and higher, the snow got deeper. Just as Greg was beginning to think that they would not make it, he saw the turn off for the road to his home. He turned right, and immediately he noticed that the snow was not as deep.

It was only a few inches deep compared to the pass road. Apparently Ed was doing his job, and doing it well.

He came to a stop about 100 feet into the new road and waited for the convoy to make the turn. He identified the Hum V that was behind him, then came the fuel truck. No other vehicles made the turn. Frowning, he reached for his radio when it crackled to life.

"C10 this is C13. The Supply truck and Deuce have gotten stuck again. Request help, over." Came the voice of Lt. Preston.

Damn, Greg thought. So close! Instructing his people to break out the shovels from the pioneer kits that came with each vehicle, he walked back down the road, turned left and started to walk back down the tracks that his vehicles that had made it so far had made. It didn't take long to reach the two stranded vehicles.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.