Bloody Shirt - Cover

Bloody Shirt

Copyright© 2004 by Howard Randolph

Chapter 6

Incest Sex Story: Chapter 6 - Howard Randolph returns home to Virginia after the War Between the States. A former Confederate Officer deals with the loss of his parents, the disappearance of his sister and the loss of his humanity. Period language and extreme violence.

Caution: This Incest Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   NonConsensual   Rape   Historical   Incest   Slow   Violence  

We had camped not far from the Prospect Inn. I heard Dave as he moved during the night. I imagined how Dave felt. Causalities of war. At least the little girl wasn't one.

As seemed to occur often then, my thoughts were on Spring. I couldn't count on her being so lucky. Captain Rosenbach was the man who had sold Martha. I hoped we caught up with that bastard before our time ran out.

We got up later than usual. Dave looked like hell. "Where are we going?" Dave asked.

I said, "Harvey said there was an inn on this side of Farmville that was a possible. It's just a couple of miles."

In the distance we saw the Prospect Inn. Dave stared at it wordlessly. I said, "Take your time."

"Sorry, sir. Martha told me that she would go with me, but that she wanted to stay with Harvey. She said that he needed her more than I did."

"Being needed is important to women and I am sure the baby weighed heavily on her too."

"Yes sir. It's hard to let go. I'm almost ready sir. Sir, do you mind if when we are asking around, that I ask about this Captain Rosenbach?"

"No, I think we should. And I hope we get a chance at him. When we find him, you get first dibs."

"Thank you sir."

We rode a few miles and took a side road. I said, "Let's go up here. Harvey told me about a plantation that he heard about up here. He heard that the slaves took it over and that some carpetbagger had title."

I looked at the house through the field glasses. I handed them to Dave. "Jesus." Dave said.

An old naked white woman was chained to a post in front of the house. "Sir. Take a look at what's in the scabbard on the first horse."

I looked and said, "It looks like a Henry. Look at those horses. Their heads are really down. They really don't look well cared for. You post next to the horse with the Henry." I gave him twenty Henry cartridges.

We left the packhorse in a concealed area and rode to the hitching post in front of the house. The old woman didn't look at us as we past. Dave pulled the Henry from the scabbard. "Not loaded."

I waited from him to load the Henry and then we walked into the house. I had my Henry cocked and ready.

A young white man came at me holding a pistol. I shot him in the head. The sound of the Henry brought two men from the bedrooms. A white man stood behind an attractive young naked white woman. A big naked negro man stood in the door of a bedroom with a a sixteenish looking naked white girl in front of him. The negro had a pistol pointed at a young white girl's head. He smiled and said, "I'll shoot her if you don't put the rifles down."

I blew away his head with a single shot. I moved the lever action automatically. I looked at the white man. "I don't know these women. Come here with your hands up. Best nobody else comes in here unless you want a very large belly button." Dave had his Henry pointed at the man's head.

He raised his hands and walked to the center of the room. He had his pants pulled up but not buttoned. The young woman didn't bother to cover herself. The hair around her sex was matted.

"A man told me you were interested in selling and leaving town."

"Who told you that? I don't want to sell."

I said, "A smart man, but suit yourself." I raised the barrel of the Henry.

"Okay, okay, I'll sell. It's good land. There's over six thousand acres that runs from the rail line at Tuggle, east to Farmville and north to the Appomattox River and along both sides of Lynchburg Road. I'll take three thousand for it."

"I'll give you a hundred. Of course, I can hang you for chaining the old woman outside and just take the land." I asked the attractive young naked woman. "What's your name?"

"Margaret Pinner, this was my family's..."

"Get the deed." I looked at the man and said very coldly, "Tell her where the deed is."

He told her and Margaret went to get the deed.

"Can I put some clothes on and we get our mother out of the yard?" the younger sister asked. She wasn't as pretty as her older sister.

"Sure. Do you want the sergeant to go with you?"

The girl of sixteen didn't say anything.

"Dave, go with her. Is there anyone else here with a gun?"

"No, no other whites. And he doesn't trust anyone else to have a gun except Willie." She got the key to the shackles, dressed, and went out the front. Dave followed her and picked up the pistols.

I asked Margaret, "Are there two negro men who can read and write?"

"Sure."

"Get them. I want them to witness the deed signing."

She took her mother from Dave when they got back from the yard. "Where can we put her? I have a sister in the room where the other one was. He was rough with her."

"Anywhere you want?"

Margaret took them to the big bedroom. Margaret finished dressing and went for the literate negro men and a negro woman, who functioned as their doctor/nurse.

Margaret came in with two negro men and a woman. Carl signed the deed as soon as the witnesses arrived. They signed as witnesses. Margaret took the woman to Margaret's mother and sister.

Margaret returned and asked, "Why them?"

"They are emancipated and you aren't."

The carpetbagger tried to leave. "Not yet, Carl. I'm not finished with you yet."

"Could somebody take care of the horses? They really look bad."

One of the witnesses said, "He was afraid somebody would steal them and ride off. He wouldn't let us look after them."

"Leave mine, the one on this end. I don't think anyone could get away. The sergeant and I are good shots."

He nodded and left.

"Margaret, could I have a word?"

We went into the parlor. "Do you want to stay?"

"I don't know," she answered.

"I am not going to be here very much, if ever. You would be the lady of the house. I would like for you to have a negro overseer, a strong negro women who controls that community?"

She nodded. "Mabel."

"Would she make a good overseer? It's late to get any food grown and I don't have money to support you. Everyone who stays will have to work, including you, your mother and sisters. Everything you make goes back to the farm, but I own it and have the final say. I don't think that will be a problem because I won't be here."

"And do you own us?"

"I would like for you to be my lady of the house, but I don't own you. You and the others are free to leave anytime. I will help you get where you want to go. If I can get you to other family or friends, I will try."

"How about my sisters? What would their relationship to you be?"

"No boyfriends until they leave. I won't have jealous boyfriends and no whoring."

Margaret asked, "And if I leave later?"

"I'll bring in a new lady of the house and family to run the place."

"What if I agree to stay?"

"It's yours until you want to leave."

"Mine?"

"Just like we were married and I was away?"

"How would we get started? We don't have anything."

"Does Carl have any money?"

"A little."

"That's about it then. I would suggest seed and chickens. And I may send you some women for you to take care of from time to time. Women like you or ones that were taken and sold as whores. I expect you to help them get back on their feet. Some may stay, but they are to work and you are the boss. That's the best I can do."

She nodded. "Taxes and the Army, how do I handle them?"

"Me being Regular Army will scare most of them. Most of these new people are political hacks. People like me scare the shit out of them. They stay away because they are afraid."

She nodded. "You are scary. My sister wet herself when you shot him. Were you afraid he would shoot her?"

"Margaret, I can't afford to let people scare me. And I kill without batting an eye."

"You don't really care about having me, do you? I was more important to Carl than the farm. He had never had anyone as pretty as me. You don't really care do you?"

"Not much and you are very pretty. During the last month, I've had a few pretty women. I don't have to have them anymore. I got other things on my mind."

She nodded. "And what about the man of the house?"

"Don't plan on much from me. If you have developed a big need for a man, it would be best for you to go."

Margaret said, "I can tell there is more there than you give yourself credit for."

"Talk to your mother and sisters. I need an answer now about whether your family is staying. Make sure they understand."

She nodded.

I sent someone to get Mabel, the potential overseer.

Margaret was back almost immediately. "I graciously accept your offer. It's mine to rebuild?"

I nodded.

"Dave, bring the packhorse."

Mabel, the dominant negro woman, agreed to be the overseer. "What troublemakers do we need to get rid of?" I asked her.

Margaret and Mabel agreed on three men. Mabel proposed a young woman too.

Everyone gathered at the front porch. I said, "I'm Major Randolph, the new owner, Miss Margaret is my lady of the house, and Miss Mabel is the overseer. Anyone is free to leave, but if you stay, this is the way it's going to be." Then I called out the four names of the troublemakers.

I raised the Henry and shot the three men without a word. "I don't hold with rapists or people who don't work. If you are a troublemaker and Miss Margaret says you're gone, best leave quickly without trouble. I expect that Miss Margaret and Miss Mabel will treat you right and that soon the farm will be productive again. All profits stay on the farm. Miss Mabel will tell you what to do."

Mabel told some men to get the bodies and bury them.

I said to Margaret, "Carl and I are going in to register the deed. When I get back, Dave and I will take the girl and leave."

Carl and I rode off toward Farmville. Near Farmville, I shot him in the head with the Colt and buried him in a shallow grave. I registered the deed at the courthouse and trotted back to the farm. I gave Margaret the money I had taken from Carl.

Margaret said, "You are welcome to stay the night here." She looked at me and smiled.

I took a bath and got in bed with Margaret. She said, "It is nice to be in bed with someone you want to be with."

I let Margaret set the pace and tempo. She said, "You were very considerate. I wouldn't mind if you stayed here."

I kissed her. "Our timing is bad. I have to find my sister. Staying here would have been very pleasant. Damn war."

Dave, Frieda, and I rode toward Farmville. We went into a roadhouse this side of Farmville. The place was nearly deserted. I asked, "We are looking for a woman." I described Spring and the circumstances.

"Only the carpetbaggers have any money and they have plenty of women. We get a few travelers, but not many. Right now, I have more women here willing to work just to eat than I can use, so I don't need to pay for women."

I nodded.

"I recall someone like you described. Spring is an usual name. She was with a soldier, Captain Rosenbach and an exslave called Dirty Red. Dirty Red used to live near Leesburg. But I didn't buy her. He doesn't treat women too good, I'm afraid."

"Tell me about Captain Rosenbach."

"Yankee Captain. Lives in Palmyra. Real scumbag."

"Dirty Red?"

"Freed slave, about five feet and ninety pounds. He has reddish hair. Mean little bastard. No telling where she would be now. Sorry, I wouldn't hold out much hope."

I said to Dave, "Let's go to Leesburg. I have a feeling this is it." I thanked the innkeeper and we went out.

"I want to make Palmyra, if we can, before dark. Let's move." I looked at the girl. "Frieda, don't slow us down or cause trouble. I won't hesitate to have you join your friends."

We were thirty-eight miles north of Farmville and where just past New Canton and crossed Cole Creek when I saw the large intact house off the river. "Let's take a look." We left Frieda and the packhorse near the road.

The land lay idle and negroes inhabited the main house. We rode up to the house. No one greeted us or challenged us. We dismounted, loosened the cinches on our saddles, took our Henry rifles and went into the house.

The house showed signs of neglect. Furniture was missing and the floors were dirty. A white woman of about fifty said, "I apologize for the appearance of the house. It's difficult to keep up."

I asked, "Is this your place?"

"Not anymore. A man acquired it 'at auction' at the Fluvanna County Courthouse in Palmyra. I lost my husband and sons in the war. There wasn't anything I could do."

"Sorry ma'am. Who has title to the land now?"

"Phillip Homer. I think he is from Long Island. He was a congressman or something."

A young negro came into the room. "Causing trouble again." She flinched when he walked near her and when he raised his hand, I shot him in the chest with the Colt.

She said, "Oh my."

Dave got two with the Henry when they came in.

"Any more we should be worried about?"

She described a man that was a threat. We went looking for him. When I turned the corner at the rear of the house, the man shot me. I got him with the Henry before he fired a second shot. The big Colt was not a good weapon for any distance and he just grazed me.

Miss Lilly bandaged my arm wound and I told her about Spring and what we were doing. "If I could, I would take this place from Homer and you could run it like it were yours."

"You're real sweet for a Yankee." Miss Lily told me about the property. "Phillip Homer has a roadhouse at Fork Union. If your sister were here, that's where she would be. I lost a daughter to the war that way too. They killed her after they finished with her."

"Sorry ma'am. I need to leave an ex-slave here. If she's not good, run her off or get rid of her."

We covered the six miles to Fork Union quickly and went in the roadhouse. A man that fit Miss Lilly's description of Homer was there. Spring wasn't there but three very young girls, all under fourteen were.

"I'm Phillip Homer. This was my colleague in Congress, Representative James Walters of New York."

I nodded.

"These three ladies are daughters of former Virginia land owners here. This one's father was the mayor. Isn't that right honey?"

She nodded.

"For one dollar, any of them will entertain you all night. We're bringing three sisters from Selma today. But virgins cost one hundred for the night."

The Congressman said, "But they are well worth the money. If they are as pretty as the last one, I will buy all three."

"What about you Major?"

"I like them older, with some tit."

He told one of the girls, "Get Danielle."

The girl left and returned with a very pretty girl of fifteen or sixteen. "Danielle is going to Washington with the Congressman. She's from Vicksburg, Mississippi."

She looked very concerned. The Congressman said, "She will be very popular. I have a townhouse in Georgetown for her. Show him your tits Danielle."

Danielle pulled up her shift. She was very beautiful. I wish I could say I didn't take advantage of her, but I did. I paid the dollar and went upstairs with her. I was gentle. Afterwards she asked, "Major, could I borrow your pistol?"

I waited.

"I can't do it. I heard them talking. He will have me entertain the negro congressmen from the southern states. Mississippi girls are their favorite. They take great pride is having us get in the family way from them."

"I know it has been tough."

"In the last couple of months, I've been with more men than I thought possible. Most weren't nice like you. Some hurt me a lot. I lasted longer than most. I can't take it anymore."

"Do you have family?"

She shook her head. "They shot everybody but me. A bunch of men raped my mother and me in front of my father and brother before they shot them. They made us watch. My brother was eight. My mother killed herself. I was a virgin. That was some introduction to sex."

"I'm sorry." I held her and she cried.

"I haven't cried in a long time."

"Do you want to leave with me? You can stay on a farm. No whoring, but farming gets a woman old fast and I don't have money for help."

"I'd do anything not to have to be a Washington whore."

I gave her a pocket Colt and showed her how to use it. "If I don't make it, there is a packhorse at the creek south of here. The horse is on the southwest side the steam. Go west along the road and ask for directions to Sherando. It's near Waynesboro if they don't know where Sherando is. My sister and family are there. It is going to be hard for you to get there alone. Dress in my work clothes and wear your hair under your hat. If you are in trouble, stop at churches and ask for help. Please don't give up."

She smiled and nodded.

"When you hear the gunfire downstairs, see if you can get out of here. Go to the packhorse and wait for us. If we aren't there by morning, leave before first light."

I heard a carriage and got dressed quickly. Dave and I went down as the three women came in. The carriage left. Phillip said, "The Callen sisters from Selma have arrived. Karen step forward. Karen is eighteen. Undress, we want to see the merchandise. Karen, are you a virgin?"

She didn't answer. She stood still.

Phillip took out a knife and pulled the youngest sister to him. "Be a shame to scar this little girl."

Karen undressed. She had large breasts and a flat stomach. Her legs were well developed. She was very beautiful. "Karen, virginity?"

She nodded.

Phillip said, "I didn't hear you."

Karen said, "Yes, I'm a virgin."

"Francis is fifteen. Undress Francis."

Francis had a nice young body. Her breasts were small and she only had light hair over her sex.

"Mary is twelve. "Undress Mary."

Mary's breasts weren't developed. Her nipples were slightly prominent. She had no hair on her sex and girlish hips.

The Congressman said, "Oh yes. I'll take all three." He couldn't take his eyes off Mary. He made no secret of his desire for her. "I want Mary right now."

I didn't wait. I shot the innkeeper and the Congressman. Dave shot the two men with the Congressman. The women screamed when the men were blown apart. I held the Henry on Phillip.

"Dave, make sure there's no one outside."

Dave hurried out the door.

I hollered, "Danielle, come get these women and calm them down." Danielle took the six women up to a bedroom. "Where are the deeds to the Vernon property?

Phillip went to a desk. He grabbed a pistol in the drawer and I shot him before he could get it all the way out of the drawer.

The drawer held his deeds and a map that showed the locations of all his property. I copied his signature and witnessed as Major Gannon, as did Sergeant Wright.

Danielle came down and said, "I wouldn't want you mad at me. You scared all of the girls pretty badly. They said you didn't give a warning or anything. You shot them in cold blood."

I nodded.

While Dave and I buried the bodies, the women cleaned up the blood. The Henry left a mess. When we got back, the girls got in the Congressman's carriage and we went to Lily's.

Lily knew of someone who could run the roadhouse and had former servants who could cook. Danielle and the young three girls from the roadhouse decided to stay with Lily permanently.

Karen said, "Major, Danielle said you had property in the mountains. We would appreciate going there. Miss Lily is nice, but this place scares me."

"If I get back, I will take you. Best for you and your sisters to make do here. You might be here."

It was late by the time we got to bed. I thought about Karen, but went to bed with Danielle. Dave slept alone. I left Lily half of the money that I had gotten off the Congressman and Phillip. It was a goodly amount, but there wasn't much to spend it on. I thought she could get some chickens and feed. We left at first light before the women were up. Dave and I left the packhorse and took two extra saddle horses. We rode the horses hard, but we switched horses often. We switched before we ran the horses into the ground.

At the courthouse in Palmyra, a twenty dollar gold piece got all the deeds registered and all the various properties' taxes paid for five years. We found out that Captain Rosenbach was on patrol. We made the Orange Inn before dusk and slept alone. I gave the women a couple of gold pieces. It was enough for chickens and feed and for a heifer or two to go with the bull and cow they had.

We left at first light and rode hard to Leesburg. We got in just after noon and then went into old town. We tended the horses and walked to where the whorehouses were. Dave hung back and covered me.

"I'm looking for Dirty Red. I need to make a purchase."

A negro pimp said, "I have better women than Dirty."

"I want the sister of somebody he got before."

"At the old stable." He pointed the way.

I looked a bit unusual. A cavalry major that walked on foot and carried a Henry was unusual for Leesburg. Leesburg was a little more civilized than where I had been. But people looked away after they looked into my eyes.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.