In Your Eyes - Cover

In Your Eyes

Copyright© 2003 by Acey Transit

Chapter 3

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 3 - John was working long hours for a company he had joined out of college. Coming out of a relationship, he thinks back to his first true love. <br>This is a story about love lost, love found again, and a decision to be made when two lovers live so far apart.<br>This story is quite different from my earlier works, but I hope you enjoy it just the same.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation   Sex Toys  

They walked to the front door of the Winery the next morning, hand in hand. Amanda was practically bouncing as they walked into the reception area.

"Hi Cheryl!" Amanda said excitedly.

"Oh, uh, hi..."

"Amanda. Amanda Wilcox at your service! This lug is with me. He is doing the software integration!"

Cheryl looked at John and remembered him from yesterday. "Oh yes, Mr. Marshall. Mrs. Phillips is expecting you."

John started chuckling, and Amanda knew why. "Cheryl, please call him John. When you call him Mr. Marshall he starts looking around for his dad." They both chuckled louder at this.

"Alright Amanda. Um, John."

John spoke up, "Amanda is quite right, and thank you..."

"Cheryl, please call me Cheryl"

"Cheryl. Thank you, and have a nice day", John finished.

As they walked back towards Lori's office, Cheryl, back at the reception area was dumbfounded. She had seen Amanda before, of course, but Amanda seemed to be the type to come in, work, and go home, no chit chat. As for John, while he seemed to be as cheerful as yesterday, today he seemed truly happy. She had of course, heard rumors about what happened the day before in the conference room, something amazing. She had heard that there was some upset involving Amanda and John, but they didn't seem to be upset at all.

Amanda knocked on Lori's door which was open. Lori looked and saw both Amanda and John standing there, hand in hand, with big sloppy smiles on their faces. She smiled at them and motioned them into her office. John closed the door behind them. They both sat down facing Lori.

"Lori, before we start, I'd like to say something", John started.

"Certainly, go ahead."

"Well, first of all I would like to apologize for the upset yesterday. I realize it wasn't very professional, especially after the kind words you had for me earlier. Considering what happened yesterday, you might be happier with another integrator." Amanda was upset as he said this, but they had discussed it that morning before coming in.

"I see. Could you please explain?"

"Well, first of all, I came apart. Unglued is more like it. I'm just not sure if your staff would be willing to work with me, given those circumstances."

"And you are better this morning, I take it."

"Actually I have never felt better in my life. You see, Amanda and I rediscovered each other yesterday. It all start..."

"John?" Lori interrupted.

"Yes?"

"Could you hold on a minute? I think you'll be surprised; both of you in fact." Lori reached for the phone and dialed an extension. "Mike? Yes, they're here. Could you come to my office for a second? Thanks." She hung up the phone.

About two minutes later, Mike Edwards knocked on the door and came in. Lori motioned him over to stand by the side of the desk so everyone could see him.

"John, this is Mike Edwards, Amanda's Supervisor. Mike, this is John Marshall", Lori said.

They exchanged greetings. John was a little nervous. Why did Lori cut him off? She didn't want to hear it? Was ready to throw him, maybe both of them, out? And why did she call Mike? Lori broke his thoughts.

"Mike, we talked last evening, and again this morning about what happened yesterday, correct?"

"We sure did, Lori."

"Could you please repeat to them what you told me? You know the part I'm talking about."

"Certainly." He smiled which thoroughly confused both John and Amanda.

"What I told Lori last night and repeated again this morning is that what I saw in the conference room yesterday..." He paused and both John and Amanda squeezed each other's hand waiting for the other shoe to drop. Mike continued, "Was the most powerful display of raw emotions and love I have ever seen. You were both so captivated, so mesmerized by the sight of each other that the rest of the room, no, the rest of the world didn't exist. It was an awesome, as in awe inspiring, thing I have ever witnessed."

Amanda and John just sat there, their jaws hanging open.

Lori asked, "Do you think John will be a problem for your staff? Do you think they can work with him?"

"As I told you this morning, Lori, it won't be a problem at all. I spoke with most of them last evening, and there won't be a problem at all. In fact, if we did replace John, not only would I lose one of our best marketing employees in Amanda, but my wife would personally kill me."

Lori chuckled a little, "Why is that, Mike?"

"Because, after I went home last night and practically attacked my wife in the kitchen, she would surely kill me if I removed the source of that passion!" Mike blushed as he finished.

"I know what you mean, Mike." Lori didn't explain further, but the gleam in her eye was explanation enough.

John, finally closing his mouth, found words to speak, "So you mean you're not throwing me out? That you think the staff can work with me?"

"Definitely, John", Mike said, "in fact, I've seen a lot of goofy grins in the office this morning from folks who were in that conference room yesterday, particularly on the faces of the ones in a relationship!"

Both Amanda and John slumped a little in their chairs, then hugged each other in relief.

Lori spoke, "The reason I stopped your story, John, is that I know you might have told more than you wanted to and it's yours and Amanda's life. I've checked around, even before you came here, about you abilities, and all I've heard are great things. I've also heard from a couple of people that you looked like you were quickly heading for burnout. You're not my employee, of course, and it would not concern most people, as long as you did what you were supposed to, but we try to live up to what many companies try to say they are, a family. And since you were Amanda's concern, it certainly concerns me. Now, looking at you yesterday morning, before the conference room, I had that same impression myself. You were professional, even a little flirtatious, but it seemed a little forced, and you looked exhausted. Today, I see the same person, but the personality is completely different and all I see in your eyes is pure joy."

Lori continued, "As for you Amanda, I see what you said yesterday, about your personality, I mean. You know, I think you're great, and you're going to do great things in your field. I hope it's done right here. However, I always saw a tinge of sadness in you, and you seemed to be a little... closed off would be the best term. Now, you're holding hands, and... Geez, I didn't think you ever dated or had any personal life at all. Anyway, I think this is just great, and my feeling echo Mike's exactly."

Amanda beamed at Lori, "Oh, thank you Lori... Mike. I look happy because I am happy! And if you liked my work for you before, wait until you get the full Amanda effect!" They all laughed at this.

Lori concluded, "Well, I think at this point, we need to try take two." She smiled as she said, "Do you think you can give your overview this morning with out the... interruptions?"

John smiled as he said, "You bet. Thank you, both of you", he said as he looked at Mike and Lori, "This will be the best and smoothest integration you've ever seen!"


The presentation and subsequent meetings went off without a hitch. John was working with the individual groups on what they needed the software to do, and introducing some ideas of his own. Each evening, Amanda and he would walk hand in hand out the front door to either his car or her car, depending on who was driving, and they would go back to her apartment. They traded off cooking each other a meal with imagination, each one trying to out cook the other when it was that person's turn, then snuggle together on the couch, watching TV or listening to music. As always they found they had the same taste in music, and loved hearing what the other selected. The then retired to the bedroom each night and made long, slow, passionate love to each other. They fell asleep each night spooning each other, with either John behind Amanda or her behind him.

The end of the first week approached, and John went into a temporary office they assigned to him to call his main office to check in and give a status report. John checked his e-mail on his laptop, of course, throughout the week, but he liked to check in with a status over the phone on Fridays. He called his boss, who happened to be his friend Don Roberts.

"Hi Don, how goes it?"

"Hey, John! How are you doing? How are things in Santa Rosa?"

"Just fine Don, just fine. Actually, check that, more than fine. It has been quite an amazing week."

"How so, are you ahead of schedule?"

"Actually I'm on schedule now. I, uh, started a day behind, but we're caught up and cooking now."

"Why is that, John? I know you got there well ahead of time to see your folks, so how did you end up a day behind?"

"Well, there was an incident in the conference room on the first day, when I usually give my presentation."

"What kind of incident? Was there a fight or something? Someone get out of control? I know it wasn't you John, or you wouldn't be there." What John didn't know was that Don had already talked to Lori after they were in her office on Tuesday. Don liked to do some discrete checking with the client to make sure they were happy with whoever he sent on an assignment. He knew everything was alright, but wanted to find out how his friend would describe events, especially since Lori didn't tell him who the incident was over.

"Well, actually I did get out of control, in a way. I, uh, oh shit!"

"Go on, John." Don liked hearing John squirm a little as a friend, to tease him, but he also knew it was difficult for him. He changed tactics a little to help John out. "John?"

"Yes, Don?"

"I talked to Lori on Tuesday, if that helps."

"You did?"

"Yes. You know I like to call the client sometimes to make sure things are going smoothly."

"Really?" John was surprised, but he really wasn't. It made good business sense to do that, but it never came up in conversation between the two of them.

"Yes, really, John. Who was this about? Is Julia up there now?"

"No!", John shouted, then, in a quiet voice, he said, "It's Amanda."

"Amanda?!? The one you've been pining for all this time? Your high school sweetheart?"

"One and the same", John allowed himself to chuckle a little. He then had a thought, "What do you mean pining over all this time?"

"Well, it may have not been obvious to you, but even when you were with Julia, you seemed to have this little something in your speaking voice when you spoke of her, or even when you were together. There were just no sparks. I know you tried to put up a brave front and all that, even tried to look happy, but I could tell, and so could Joe, that there was something missing."

Don continued, "It all came together one night about a year ago. Do you remember that night when your friend, Eric was down here?"

"Sure, but I don't know what that has to do with anything."

"Well, it did. Anyway, it was Eric's first night down here. We were talking and drinking on a Friday night, and you started mentioning your old times together, having a great time. Then Amanda's name came up."

"Yeah, go on." John was realizing he wasn't as clever around his friends as he thought, as he heard his friend speak.

"Well, anyway, when that happened, you got real quiet, and talked about her in hushed tones, very serious. There's one thing I've always seen in your eyes, ever since I've known you. It's something buried in you, but I wasn't sure what it was until you spoke about Amanda. It was pain, John. Pain, and regret, and sadness. It came out in spades in your eyes, and in your voice. You were suffering, John, even though you were still with Julia."

"Don, I would have been shocked by this just a week ago, but I'm not anymore. Not after seeing her and talking with others around here." John had spoken with his mother earlier in the week as well as Eric. They were all ecstatically happy for him.

"It was something you either needed to get over or find her, John. There really wasn't anything else for anyone to do for you. You know, I think Julia realized it also. Now, I know Julia broke up with you over her 'career', but I truly feel that the real reason was that she could never have you, all of you. You were holding that for someone else, someone that may never have received it."

"You know, that actually makes sense, looking at it that way", John said, and it was true.

"Anyway, how are things with Amanda? She took things well I take it."

"More than well, Don, more than well. Even in my dreams I couldn't imagine how I feel right now!" Don could almost see John's smile over the phone. He was happy for his friend, but it, of course, presented new difficulties.

Don thought for a moment, then he spoke again, "Well, I am happy for you, as a friend, John. Very happy for you. As your boss, though, I'm a little worried now. You're my best employee John, and that's speaking professionally, not just as your friend. I'd hate to lose you, but I also know you were running yourself into the ground. In fact, I was going to have a talk with you after you came back from this trip. Make you take some vacation time or something. Anyway, do you know what your plans are beyond this trip?"

"I'm pretty sure what I want to do, but I have to talk to Amanda. I see what you're getting at, of course, and I will say that Amanda and I will not have a long distance relationship. I will say that she likes it here, and she's working in Marketing for the Winery. I know it's putting you in a bind, my friend, but we need to figure out where we will live; together of course."

"I understand, but I'm torn, both as a friend and as your boss." Don thought for a moment. "Why don't you do this? When you come back next weekend, bring Amanda with you. Let her see Phoenix, and even bring her in on Monday. We could always use a Marketing person, and if she's as good as I have a feeling she is, maybe we could work something out. I have ulterior motives, of course, mainly in trying to keep you, but let's see what happens."

"That sounds good to me, Don, and thank you. I can't guarantee anything, and I want her to be happy, but we'll see."

"Good enough. I take it your staying with her? I know you're not sleeping on the streets", Don laughed.

"Yes, I'm staying with her", John laughed in reply, "but how would you know that?"

"Because I tried calling your hotel on Wednesday, and they said you checked out!"

"Oops, sorry about that, Don, I know I should have called you sooner about this."

"That's alright, I knew you were going to call on Friday. You always do, and Lori said that things were going well there, so I didn't worry too much."

"Thanks, Don. You're a good friend, and a good boss."

"Anytime, John. Oh, and take her somewhere nice this weekend, would you? On the company. We need to recruit her to get her interested in coming to work down here!"

"I'll do that, Don", John chuckled. "Thanks again, and I'll see you on the following Monday."

"Alright, John. Take care and good bye."

John talked to Amanda about his conversation with Don during lunch. She was excited that Don was making an effort to accommodate their relationship, and agreed to go with him back to Phoenix with a huge smile. She asked Lori for two days off the week they were down there, and Lori agreed, but not without some worry that she might lose Amanda.


John took Amanda into San Francisco on Saturday to go to dinner, then dancing. While John was never one for dancing, he knew that Amanda loved it, and John actually never felt like a total clod when he had Amanda in his arms, when they danced. They went to a seafood grotto on Fisherman's Wharf, then downtown to go dancing. They had a wonderful time, dancing, talking (well screaming actually, due to the noise), and just basking in the glow of being together.

On Sunday, Amanda took John to the sights around Santa Rosa, showing him the area, which he had only seen parts of on previous wine tasting trips. They went to the coast, driving along Highway 1, and went to a couple of wineries on the way back in towards Amanda's home. John had never seen this part of the coast, and they stopped a couple of times along the way to watch the ocean, take a walk along the pier at Bodega Bay, and looked to the world like what they were: A young couple in love.

They went to the Winery on Monday, and John resumed his work with individuals, while Amanda did her everyday job in Marketing. John had not gotten together with Amanda yet for her portion of the project, as, the way John put it, "I'm saving the best for last."

On Tuesday, Mike called Amanda into his office. John was finishing up with the last of the Sales department, and Amanda was next on his list. Amanda walked into his office, and Mike offered her a seat.

"Please, sit down, Amanda."

"Thanks, Mike. What's up?" Although Amanda didn't show it, she was a little nervous. She was typically left to do her work, once she had been shown the ropes by Mike and Lori when she first started.

"Well, Amanda, first of all I just want you to know that it's no big deal here. I have been speaking with each person before John gets to them for their piece of the integration."

Amanda relaxed when she heard this, but still wasn't completely convinced that it was the only reason she had been asked into Mike's office. She wasn't mistaken.

"Well, anyway, Amanda, I know that you are comfortable with what you are looking for with the software integration, at least from a professional standpoint." Mike smiled at this.

"However, I also know, from Lori, that you're going to Phoenix this weekend. I'm not sure if you even know, but do you know what your intentions are? I'm sorry to ask, but if you're not going to be here, I need to know, in case I need someone else to complete your piece of the puzzle."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.