100 Octane - Cover

100 Octane

Copyright© 2003 by Katzmarek

Chapter 4

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 4 - Helene Ritter has risen to the top in professional motorcycle racing. This is her story, the trials, tribulations and heartbreaks on her way to the top.<br> It is not a sex story, although occasionally passion overflows. It starts off in the form of an interview for a magazine, then her life gradually unfolds.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Slow  

The official steps back and opens the barrier, satisfied that all the bikes are in two orderly rows. With a wave of the arm he directs the racers towards the pit exit. We all move off almost leisurely for our warm up lap. To open full throttle on cold tyres could result in an embarrassing loss of traction right under the main stand.

Steve Kelly howls on ahead, getting himself some room to weave and twist, looking to extract the maximum performance out of his tyres before the start. Kevin Coburn pulls up alongside, just to remind me he'll be right behind the Rotol-Yamaha at the start. It's a 'soft' kind of gamesmanship and we all do it.

We weave slowly around the track towards the home straight and the starting grid. I slow down and go to the outside of the track, looking back for my brother Wolfie. He's not hard to spot, there are few motorcrossers in the field and only one bright yellow.

Soon he hoves into view, visor up, looking enquiringly at me.

"You alright?" he mouths to me above the noise.

I hold out my right hand, crossing my left to the throttle to keep from stalling. He takes it and smiles, tension forgotten. He juggles his own bike's throttle to keep pace and we ride down the track, hand in hand.

"Stay in the saddle, Wolfie," I shout across.

"You too, take care!" he yells back.

I gun the 5 cylinder engine of the Yamaha and thread my way back to the head of the field. As I pass the local riders, most smile and wave or blow me kisses. They all want me to do well and beat the Australian Hondas, but they all would happily pass me should I make a mistake.

There are perhaps 12 'real' GP bikes in the field. Normally the local Grand Prix doesn't attract this sort of competition from such exotic machinery. The most you'd expect would be about half a dozen older models. Only the presence of the world champion has spurred the manufacturers to go to the expense of importing their best machinery. Once GoldWing-Honda announced they would be bringing over their top Australian riders, Suzuki, Kawasaki and Ducati followed suit with their own products. It's all about prestige, profile and sales when the racing's over.

The local market is small, but the TV coverage is worldwide. A big win here could have an impact on sales in Germany, Poland or the United States, such is global marketing.


The officials thronging the starting grid encourage, cajole and bully the riders to their proper positions, all the time shouting over the revving engines. Wolfie's somewhere towards the back. Although he performed a good qualifying lap for a motorcross bike, the machine's the wrong type for serious track racing. Tall, unfaired and un-streamlined, narrow tyres, wide handlebars, long suspension travel and an engine more suitable for grinding up hills than outright speed, Wolfie's here for the marketing possibilities... and the fun of it.

To the left and slightly to the rear of me, Steve Kelly secures his visor and gives the 'thumb's up' to his mate, Kevin Coburn. Satisfied, the officials scatter towards the pit barrier, securing the bar and finding places to watch the start. The five red lights wink on above and in front of my head.

My vision narrows to a 1 metre track down the home straight in front of me. That's my racing line, that's where I'm going. I snatch a glance beside me, Steve's head's down, his bike's bobbing slightly as he revs the powerful Honda motor that snatches at the clutch plates.

5,4, power on, the motor screams high into the rev range and settles back towards launch speed, about 7000rpm. 3,2, my pulse's thumping in my temples, blood saturated with adrenalin, one light then... out.

My starts always seem like they're in slow motion. Every little event fixes vividly in my mind. Steve's red and white... and green and gold, bike is close on my left. I sense Kevin Coburn's similarly decorated machine gaining on my right, I'm meat in a Honda sandwich.

All that was predicted, we knew the Hondas would get away quickly. I move slightly towards Steve, giving Coburn racing room, as I'm required to do by the rules. I'm NOT required to give up my racing line and approach to the first turn.

Steve's trying to get his back wheel clear in front of me, giving him the right to go lower into the sweeper, a better line. To prevent that, I must keep alongside him, forcing him to adopt a higher, slower line. On my right, Kevin will have to tuck in behind, or risk fouling me. Meanwhile, he's going as hard as he can, daring me to flinch. All this takes seconds, but seems like an eternity.

At the approach to the sweeper Steve settles for the higher line, he's unable to get clear in front of me. As predicted Kevin flicks right in behind of me, his front wheel nearly touching my back. As we bank through the turn, it's me, Steve on the outside and Kevin in that order. The exit is one of the Yamaha's strengths, it's able to get the power down fractionally earlier than the Hondas. Barring mistakes, it's all predictable.

So far it's been textbook. The Yamaha leaps forward out of the turn leaving the Hondas alongside of each other, and clear behind me.

The Yamaha technicians opted for a more 'fussier' engine design compared to the 4 cylinder Honda. Honda maximised top end power with lighter internals, Yamaha, 'torque, ' or 'drive' at lower revs. It's down to different design philosophies and has produced bikes with differing performances and 'feel'.

Hurling towards the chicane, I know I can keep more power down through the two quick turns than the Hondas. Thus my exit will be faster, the same pattern as the world MotoGP.

Towards the chicane, Kevin tries to outbrake me, again trying to nudge me high by going 'underneath, ' or to the right. I look quickly behind as I go into the chicane 'low.' Kevin, Steve and their buddy Rod Donaldson are strung out single file. The two Dunlop guys are behind them and next I catch a glimpse of the gold and white Suzukis of the other Australians following behind them.

Already our group is starting to form a 'leading bunch.' A testament to just how fast these latest GP machines are compared to the domestic competitors.

Out of the chicane, I've put a good bike length on the Aussies. The red and white machines move out to give themselves room for the straight line drag to the hairpin. The Hondas gain as their 'revvier' motors release an avalanche of horsepower. The straight is about 'grunt' and the Hondas have it in abundance. I keep to the inside, 'shutting the door' on Kevin, preventing him from gaining the faster line into the corner.

On this turn, you have to go in high and cut in low through the apex. This sets you up for a short 'dog leg' bend. It's difficult for two riders to go through it side by side without one running off the track. Nevertheless, that's what Kevin Coburn does.

As I go high, he comes in underneath, taking the inside and forcing me to run very close to him through the corner. It's a game of chicken and it's perfectly legal. He's punishing his brakes by slowing later and harder but it's the only way he'll out-corner the Rotol-Yamaha.

Banked over, we're almost cheek to cheek. The Honda alongside shudders as Kevin hits the raised kerb with his kneepad but still he doesn't slow.

The short length of track ahead goes through a slight bend to the left. In theory I have the best line on the outside of Coburn but he's not giving way and drags me straight through it. He gains half a bike length down to the tight corner and the home straight. This time, however, he has the inside and I have to drop behind him.

By the time we cross the finish line after the first lap, Kevin Coburn is a bike length in front and pulling away. From now on it'll be about concentration, tyre and brake wear, guts and determination.

Tempted as I am to chase Coburn, I decide to stick to my own race strategy. He's setting a blistering pace, surely he can't maintain that speed for long before something gives way.

Rod and Steve are snarling at my heels. It's obvious they're trying to keep me occupied to allow their pal to get a good lead.

The Hondas dog me through the second and third laps. It's settling into a pattern, they close up on the straights, I pull away on the corners. They're spoiling my rhythm, they're meant to. Kevin's still running his own race, now well out in front.

'How do I run him down?' I figure I don't need to, at least not at this early stage in the race. The law of mechanics is the same for his bike as well as mine. The harder you stress components, the quicker they'll wear out. He can't maintain this pace through the race, his tyres and brakes will require an early pit stop.

Our bunch now consists of 6, me, the two Hondas, the Dunlop boys and a Suzuki that has attached itself to the back. Steve and Rod are going so hard that it's beginning to occur to me that they may be using a harder compound in their tyres. If so, it may explain their slowness out of the turns due to the less traction available. On this surface, they might become 'skittery' when pushed too hard. I file this revelation for later use in the race.

Race tracks in Australia tend to be constructed with a higher amount of silica in the material. This makes them more abrasive on the tyres, hence the Aussies tend to go for a more durable compound. They might not be aware that the surface of the Ave' is softer. This allows the use of higher traction tyres.

It occurs to me that I can reel them all in in the final period of the race by going hard on fresh rubber. By then the track will be littered in places by minute particles of rubber. On their harder tyres they're going to be in trouble with grip. Till then I should try to keep in touch with Coburn and let him wear himself out.


After 25 laps, most of the cheering crowd, those unfamiliar to motor racing, are either munching burgers, retired to the beer tent, or studying programs trying to figure out what's happening. The bikes are strung out around the track, half the field has been lapped by the leading riders, it's difficult to work out who's ahead.

They know, however, that the local hero is not leading the pack in some triumphal procession. The GP is an endurance race, not a sprint. It's as much about strategy as speed. I guess if a baseball crowd was persuaded along to a 4 day cricket match, they'd be similarly confused, or bored.

I've settled into a rhythym with my 5 riding companions. None of us want to risk disaster at this stage of the race by being over- exuberant. It's about hanging on till the final period that will then be the test of our various strategies.


A quarter of the race has gone when the yellow flags go out. Someone has come off leaving debris and oil on the track. We all take advantage of the pause to come in for a change of tyres and to re- fuel.

The pit lane is crowded with riders hurrying to their various marquees and their crews. I roll to my tent, I see Gordon marshalling the troops, 7 in all. I have 4 tyre men, a refueler, a stand-by with a fire extinguisher and a 'lollipop' man with a stop/go sign. The trolley jack with it's special cradle is pushed under the bike lifting it to allow the tyre men access. Quick-release fasteners are undone, the rear wheel is slid forward to slacken the drive chain that's then clipped into position. The wheel is then rolled backwards off the swing-arm member and replaced with a freshly tyred replacement. Chain unclipped and dropped back onto the sprocket, tensioned adjusted and the wheel tightened. Time, about 11 seconds.

Meanwhile Gordon shouts advice to me over the din.

"They have the wrong tyres!" he shouts, "hang in there!"

I nod in confirmation. The 'lollipop' man swings his sign around to go, the crew are clear... rolling.

The crowd feeding hotdogs into their faces maybe completely unaware, but most of the racers are in no doubt what's going to happen later in the race.

They might be going to run their second tyre change to the end of the race and drop one pit stop. In that case the time to make my move is over the last 60 laps. Until then I need to pick up the pace and get a little closer to Kevin. I can't let him get too far ahead or I might not have enough time to catch up.


Back out, Steve has managed to get out in front of me, into 2nd. He must have had a faster stop. Rod is behind me, then the two Dunlop guys, a Suzuki and behind that, a local guy on a Ducati Superbike, having the race of his life.

After a quiet lap to warm up my new set of tyres, I make a charge along the home straight. Catching the Hondas off guard, I wind the Yamaha into the high teens on the gauge sending the motor screeching. On the first turn I take Steve on the inside and regain my 2nd position. The Hondas respond and chase hard down to the chicane. Taking advantage of my extra grip, I power through and down to the hairpin. Steve's behind me but behind him in fourth? Not the red and white bike of Rod, but the black Yamaha of one of the Dunlop boys.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.