Grim Fairy Tales - Cover

Grim Fairy Tales

Copyright© 2001 by Knave of Hearts

Prologue

Erotica Sex Story: Prologue - As civilization destroys itself, some people just want to find a home. Simon Woodsman is one of these people and he's prepared to do what ever it takes to make his dream a reality.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   BiSexual   Post Apocalypse   Anal Sex   Sex Toys   Slow   Violence   Military  

The end of the Cold War lifted the lid on countless religious, ideological, and nationalistic organizations that squabbled with each other over a seemingly endless array of issues. Most of these organizations had been held in check by the two superpowers. Most were benign but some were nothing short of terrorists. In 2020, religious zealots from a third world country that few Americans had even heard of decided to make their entrance on the international scene with a direct attack against the Great Satan. Using easily available technology and stolen military hardware, the group constructed several small nuclear devices, dubbed by the press atomic suitcases, and exploded them at major industrial and commercial sites around the United States.

The low yield bombs instantaneously turned New York Harbor, Wall Street, and the Port of Bayonne into scenes of devastation. Due to the nature of the bombs and the method that they were exploded, the fallout was tremendous. Lacking a consolidated Civil Defense program, local and state authorities found themselves fighting for resources. Within days, the dispirited populace began rioting. What was left of the cities burned out of control.

After the New York bombs exploded, a group calling itself the Children of the Sword issued a statement that the United States was being punished for what its communiqué called "crimes against humanity." Police began massive searches for members or material belonging to the Children. Most of the material was found to have come from an American research laboratory at Los Alamos. Police pinpointed the leader, or at least the bomb builder, as a former grad student who had interned at the labs.

Despite knowing whom to look for, the police were still unable to stop the terror. One week after the New York attack, four more bombs struck Chicago's financial district. Police, with the help of National Guard troops, fortified major cities. A cell of terrorists was killed as they tried to infiltrate Washington D.C. Another bomb was discovered in Seattle harbor. Despite these victories, Houston, New Orleans, and Los Angeles all suffered severe damage.

On New Year's Day 2021, the President of the United States declared martial law. Regular Army and National Guard units were called out to help civil authorities control the situation, protect lives, and reestablish services. Some areas quickly organized to provide food and shelter for their people. Towns were fortified, defended by the remnants of their local police, maybe a National Guard or Regular Army Unit that had been nearby, and deputized locals.

It was almost too late. By this time, interstate commerce and power distribution had almost ceased. The value of paper money plummeted as people hoarded jewelry and precious metals. The law and order fell apart as cities starved and suffered rolling blackouts. Many of the National Guard units, their members dispersed throughout the community, failed to report or, in some cases, mutinied when asked to deploy away from their families. Gangs of heavily armed and desperate criminals roamed the highways stealing and killing.

People were scared and desperate. Often, they shot first and looted the body later. Travel between towns dwindled to a trickle. Only the bravest, or most foolhardy, risked their lives outside of the patrolled and protected towns and cities.

The Nation fought for its very existence.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.