The 2nd Farmer - Cover

The 2nd Farmer

Copyright© 2023 by Adam.F

Chapter 6

As I rode my horse out of the town, the warm sun beamed down on me, casting a golden glow over the rolling hills and fields of wheat. The air was alive with the sweet scent of blooming wildflowers, and the sound of birdsong filled the air. I felt a sense of freedom and adventure as I headed out onto the open road, the wind blowing through my hair.

I had told Mr. Smith that I had brought enough supplies from the mercantile, but as I rode, I couldn’t shake the feeling that I had forgotten something important. I reached into my saddlebag to check, but everything seemed to be there. I rode on, my horse’s hooves kicking up clouds of dust behind us.

As the day wore on, the sun began to set, casting a golden glow over the landscape. I rode towards a small clearing, where I saw a figure sitting on a rock, watching me approach. It was a young woman, with long, dark hair and piercing green eyes. She was dressed in a simple white dress, and she looked like she had been waiting for me.

“Hello, I’m Amber,” I have been waiting for you she said, as I drew closer. Hello, my name is ... um ... I’m just passing through.”

Amber smiled and gestured for me to dismount. “I know who you are,” she said. “You’re the one who’s been coming to the mercantile, buying supplies for your journey.”

I felt a shiver run down my spine as she spoke. How did she know my name? And how did she know I was headed out on a journey? I tried to play it cool, but I could feel my heart racing.

“Yes, that’s me,” I said, trying to sound casual. “I’m just out for a ride, enjoying the scenery.”

Amber nodded, and we sat down on the rock together, watching the sun set over the horizon. As we talked, I realized that she was not of this world. She was a spirit, a being from another realm, sent to guide me on my journey. And as we sat there, watching the stars come out, I knew that my life was about to change forever.

As we sat on the rock, it was a name that fit her perfectly, like a delicate piece of jewelry that had been passed down through generations. Her eyes sparkled like amber in the fading light, and her hair shone with a warm, golden glow.

“I’ve always loved the name Amber,” she said, her voice barely above a whisper. “It’s so ... soothing. Like the sound of the waves, or the feel of sand between your toes.”

I nodded, captivated by her words. I had never really thought about the names we give our children, or the stories behind them, but now that she mentioned it, I realized that Amber was a name that seemed to hold a certain magic within it.

“Do you have any idea why your parents chose that name for you?” I asked, my curiosity piqued.

Amber leaned back on her hands, her gaze drifting out to sea. “My parents were hippies,” she said, a small smile playing on her lips. “They wanted to give me a name that was natural, unpretentious. They found it in a book of baby names, and it just felt right.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.