The 2nd Farmer - Cover

The 2nd Farmer

Copyright© 2023 by Adam.F

Chapter 2

Jacks Journey through the Ozark Mountains and his Gold Discovery.

As the sun rose over the rolling hills of the Ozark Mountains, a young man named Jack set out on a journey to Arkansas. He had always dreamed of becoming a cattle farmer, and he had finally saved up enough money to buy his own land. But little did he know, his journey was about to take an unexpected turn.

That all changed one day when Jack was out prospecting for gold in the hills.

He had been searching for years but had never found anything more than a few flecks of gold here and there. But on this day, he hit the motherlode.

As he dug into the dirt, he uncovered a vein of gold that stretched for hundreds of feet. It was a fortune, and it was all his. Jack couldn’t believe his luck. He had finally found enough gold to start his cattle farm.

As he walked along the dusty road, Jack noticed a glint of gold in the distance. He had heard stories of gold being found in these hills, but he never thought he would find any himself. He quickened his pace, his heart racing with excitement.

As he approached the glint, he saw that it was a small nugget of gold, partially buried in the dirt. Jack’s eyes widened in amazement. He had never seen anything like it before. He picked it up, feeling its weight in his hand. It was heavy, and it seemed to glow in the sunlight.

Jack continued his journey, but he couldn’t shake the feeling that this was just the beginning. He had always heard that the Ozarks were full of hidden treasures, and he was determined to find more. He kept his eyes peeled for any signs of gold, and before long, he found another nugget. And another. And another.

As the day wore on, Jack found himself becoming more and more successful in his search for gold. He found a few more nuggets, and even stumbled upon an old mine shaft that had been abandoned for decades. He explored the shaft and found a vein of gold that ran deep into the earth. Jack decided to put the nuggets into the bottom of his saddle bag and put his clothes on top so no one would know he had any gold on him he would have to find a trading post or fort where he could convert the gold into cash.

Jack had been prospecting for weeks, panning and digging in the dusty hills of the Wild West. He had heard tales of a mysterious place called Old Bent’s Fort, where one could exchange gold for cash without any questions asked. Jack had finally found a decent amount of gold and was determined to make his way to the fort.

As he rode into view, Jack saw a ramshackle structure surrounded by a high wall.

After passing the gate, Jack walked around until he found the goldsmith, he walked into the building and spoke to the Goldsmith Clerk

Jack hesitated for a moment before handing it over. The Clerk examined some of the Gold, weighing it on his scale.

“This is good stuff,” he said finally.

“How much?” Jack Asked

Well since gold is selling for $20.67

He looked at the pouch of gold he had around 300 nuggets

“Deal”

The clerk went to the back and came out with $10,330 in Gold Eagles and Cash and Jack handed over the gold nuggets and took the cash and put it into his saddle bag then asked the clerk where the nearest gunsmith was the clerk told him it was across the yard and down a bit so that is where Jack headed.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.