Drawn - Cover

Drawn

Copyright© 2023 by G Younger

Chapter 2

Doyle sat on one of the uncomfortable chairs reserved for students who ran afoul of some teacher. Next to him was his sketch pad and book bag holding his history book and precious pencils. Mrs. Davidson was in Principal Hasting’s office, and Doyle could hear raised voices.

He glanced down at his pad and opened it to look at the picture again. He was surprised when he saw another drawing on the first page. Doyle had just gotten a new pad, so he hadn’t expected any other pictures. He flipped through the pages and saw there were several others.

The first picture showed him in Mrs. Davidson’s class, with her looking down over him and his drawing of the Halloween Dance. Next was in Principal Hasting’s office, with his parents looking mortified. He flipped the page and cringed at the familiar sight of his stepdad standing over him with his fists clenched; the bruise under Doyle’s left eye made it obvious that his stepdad had hit him. The most disturbing aspect of the drawing was that his pencils lay around him, broken.

’He must have been really mad,’ Doyle thought because his stepdad didn’t usually hit him where anyone could see.

Before he could look any more, Mrs. Davidson came out of the office to return to class. She didn’t even look Doyle’s way. Miss Gennings came in the door and stepped behind the counter as Principal Hastings stuck his head out of his office.

“Good, you’re back. Are Doyle’s parents still here?”

“They were talking to the psychologist when I left the meeting. Do you need me to go get them?” she asked as she glanced over at Doyle.

“If you would, please. And bring Ms. Redding as well.”

Doyle’s nose crinkled when he heard that because Ms. Redding put his teeth on edge. Something told him she’d be interested in the pictures and use them to cause him trouble. He flipped to the image he’d drawn in class, then ripped out all the others. Doyle folded them up carefully and stuffed them into his book bag.

Miss Gennings returned, followed by his parents and the school’s psychologist. Principal Hastings was waiting at his door.

“Doyle, you can come in now.”

Everyone pushed into the office. There were only two chairs for guests. Doyle took the one closest to the window that looked out over the football field. A PE class was kicking a ball around and looked to be having fun running around. He would much rather be out there at that moment.

His mom had taken the other seat and touched his arm to bring his attention back to the room.

“Can I see the picture that has Mrs. Davidson so upset?” Principal Hastings asked.

Doyle looked at his mom, who nodded that it would be okay, so he handed the pad over. Principal Hastings opened the cover, and his eyes widened when he saw the drawing. Ms. Redding walked around the side of the desk to see it. She looked at Doyle, who had turned his attention back to the window.

“Doyle,” she said softly, waiting for him to look at her. “Are these two people who bully you?”

Doyle once again looked to his mother.

“Answer her.”

Doyle looked down at his feet and mumbled, “Yes, ma’am.”

His stepdad, who’d been standing behind his mom, walked up to the desk to get a closer look.

“What the F—?!”

His mom’s eyebrows came together in concern, and she got up so she could see. Her hand went to her mouth as she turned back to Doyle in horror. His stomach clenched at seeing his mom upset, which made him tear up.

“Here come the waterworks,” Kevin said with an exasperated sigh. “Crying isn’t going to get you out of this one.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.