The Murder of Carmen Stern - Cover

The Murder of Carmen Stern

Copyright© 2023 by A Bad Attitude

Chapter 3: The Interview with Dion

“Dion, do you know it was your pistol that killed Carmen?”

“NO! I did not do it I swear. I was delivering diesel that day...”

“Calm down Dion we don’t believe you killed her. But it was your gun that was used. Why did you have a gun anyway?”

“I make deliveries for the Co-Op, everything from feed and fertilizer to diesel fuel. Sometimes these farmers pay in cash. I bought the gun for protection. I took lessons on how to handle it then got a permit to carry it. Sheriff Bull can verify that. When I found the pistol missing I immediately came to the office and reported it stolen.”

“Again calm down. Everything checks out.”

“I’ll take a lie detector test if you want. I had nothing to do with her death.”

“Let’s talk about your and Carmen’s relationship for a minute.”

“We didn’t have a relationship we had a business arrangement. I fucked her when Mr. Billy told me to and Carmen gave me a $100 every time. That’s all. I had no illusions about anything. I am in love with my fiancé and I needed money. That’s all it was, I swear.”

“Did your fiancé know about Carmen and the arrangement?”

“Are you crazy? Hell no she don’t know and I hope she never finds out.”

“Did Carmen and Billy have this type of arrangement with anybody else?”

“I have no idea but I really doubt it. They seemed to be in love and this was just a game with them. The reason they chose me was because they knew I would keep quiet.”

“One last question. Did you have a key to the Stern house?”

“Of course not. Carmen always met me at the door. She was very security conscience. She locked the door after I entered and when I left. I imagine she was like that because they live a ways out of town and they are the only house on a dead-end road.”

“You can go. Dion, you have been very helpful and I am going to try and keep you out of this.”

“Thank you.”

The door opened and Dion left. Taylor stood and stared at him as he left.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.