Phantom Heat: the Phantom Horse Bridge Series Book 3 - Cover

Phantom Heat: the Phantom Horse Bridge Series Book 3

Copyright© 2023 by Robin Deeter

Epilogue

Standing by Jimmy, Leanne watched Lucas and Austin as they talked about all things TV production with Randy Myers. She loved the excited light in Lucas’ eyes as he made notes during their tour of KZRX. Exploring the station had been fun and informative.

They’d also talked about adding a kitchen set for Phantom Heat and modernizing some of the equipment. Randy had introduced them to the employees, including the news anchors and meteorologists.

Seeing Lucas in his element was thrilling for Leanne and she knew in her soul that the station would be a success. Jimmy shared her sentiments, and he couldn’t wait to have some new commercials made.

As they followed the TV men around, Jimmy said, “You look very happy these days.”

Leanne grinned. “I’m very happy.”

“I knew you would be. Any chance you and Lucas will be making those babies of yours soon?”

“Fish! That’s none of your business,” she protested.

“I know you’re gonna have them. Might as well get started.”

Leanne gave him an annoyed look. “We’re not even engaged yet.”

Yet being the operative word. I’m sure you’ve at least talked about it,” Jimmy said.

Grudgingly, Leanne said, “Yes, we have, but we’re not quite ready. Lucas has to finish out his time with PE and Harry and I will be opening Minuette’s soon. We’re both swamped with work and—”

Jimmy cut her off. “Excuses, excuses. Getting engaged doesn’t mean that ya’ll gotta get married right away. Only takes a few minutes to put a ring on a lovely lady’s finger.”

Leanne shook her head. “Why do you care about this so much? Why don’t you get engaged?”

An odd emotion flashed over Jimmy’s face before he grinned. “I’m having too much fun playing the field, but I’ll get around to that someday.”

Leanne poked him in the ribs, making him laugh. “Then we’ll have little Fishes running around.”

“This town can barely handle me. Not sure if people can deal with a bunch of Mini Me’s on the loose,” he said. “Not that I wouldn’t love that, though.”

“I’ve seen you with Kara’s kids a few times now. I think you’ll make a good daddy. You’re on about the same maturity level as them.”

“Just for that, I’m not paying for any more of your car washes,” Jimmy said as Lucas headed their way.

As he drew nearer, Leanne asked, “So what do you think? How much work is it going to take?”

Lucas blew out a breath, but anticipation lit his eyes. “A lot, but it’s doable. Randy says that he’ll stay on until January to help out.”

Austin joined them and rubbed his hands together. “We gonna do this?”

Leanne and Jimmy looked at each other and smiled.

“I’m ready and willing if the rest of you are,” Leanne replied.

Jimmy said, “Count me in.”

Lucas grinned. “I guess we’d better get to the bank and sign those mortgage papers then.”

“Saweeet!” Austin exclaimed. “Let’s go!”

By that evening, all of Lucas’ possessions had been moved into the cottage. Leanne hadn’t seen any reason that he shouldn’t move in since they spent almost every night together anyway.

Jimmy had insisted that they go out to celebrate their new business venture. The other three partners were supposed to meet him at the dealership, and they’d drive to the ski lodge together from there.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.