The Cure: a Clean Second Chance Romance (Michigan Sweet Romance) - Cover

The Cure: a Clean Second Chance Romance (Michigan Sweet Romance)

Copyright© 2023 by Parker J. Cole

Epilogue

Two years later...

“Liliana, Markita, be careful now,” Savannah called out the front door to the girls as they played basketball.

“Don’t hurt yourself.”

“Oh, the girls will be fine,” Micah said, coming up from behind her. ‘The net’s only a couple of inches taller than them and they’re playing on grass. How much injury can they get from that?”

Savannah smiled. It had taken months for both girls to recover from the fire, but they had. There was some scarring on both of their bodies but over time, even that would change. Liliana was as active as any five-year-old could be and for that, Savannah was grateful.

“Not much,” Savannah conceded and then yawned. “How was work?”

“Busy. I didn’t think moving back to Tawas would keep me as busy as all this.”

“Why wouldn’t it? Small town doesn’t mean small business.”

Micah grinned and gave her long, lingering kiss on the mouth. “True. Are you ready for your presentation for tomorrow?”

Savannah went over to her desk and pulled out a folder. “Yeah, I think so. You want to take a look at it?”

“Sure.”

She smiled as she handed over the folder. Micah walked back to the front door to check on the girls. Being married to him had been better than any dream she had. They were truly meant for each other.

“Savvy, there’s only a picture of a grasshopper in here.”

“Huh, really?” She picked up the folder and made a show of going over it. “That seems odd. Why is there a picture of a grasshopper in here?”

“Were you showing insect pictures to Liliana again?”

“Yeah. The child really likes bugs, let me tell you. I’ve no idea where she got that from.”

Micah tugged a strand of her hair. “Probably because her aunt keeps calling her ladybug...”

His voiced stopped and his amber eyes widened. “Savvy, are you telling me ... we’re going to have a grasshopper? I mean ... we’re going to have a baby?”

She giggled. “Yes. I just found out today.”

“Whoo hooo!” Micah lifted her into the air. “We’re going to have a grasshopper! A baby!”

He whirled her around and then set her down. His hands drifted into her hair and he kissed her long and deep. “I can’t believe it. A grasshopper!”

“No one will ever understand why we’ll call our kids tiny insects, will they?”

Micah grinned. “Does it matter?”

Savannah sighed in bliss and stared out at the two little girls. “Nope, not at all.”

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.