But I Thought You Were Gay! - Cover

But I Thought You Were Gay!

Copyright© 2023 by Lubrican

Foreword

Romantic Sex Story: Foreword - Madeline, unable to stop grieving for her dead husband, boarded a stage coach for the month-long trip to California, where her sister lived. Among the other passengers were two cowboys who seemed to be too friendly with each other. And when a freak accident trapped the young widow with these two men in an old mine, she saw it as her moral duty to heal them of their affliction. The only problem was... they weren't afflicted.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Historical   Western   Sharing   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Petting   Pregnancy  

A disclaimer is appropriate before you begin reading this book. The title suggests that homosexuality is a component of the story. In a way, that is true, but there are no homosexual characters in the story. I know that’s confusing, but all will become clear as you proceed. Another issue has to do with the fact that the story is set in 1871 in an expanding America. The issue is that, while there were, indeed, gay men during that time period (and any other period in history) there was no popular term in 1871 for this kind of relationship. American culture would not co-opt the word “gay” until the nineteen-twenties. It would be used in the thirties, too, but not popularized until the nineteen forties. So, there was no word I could use that someone in 1871 would use to label men who engaged in what we now call the gay lifestyle. That actually made it difficult to create the relationships between the characters. Writing the dialogue and thoughts of the characters without using the term “gay” was a challenge. On the other hand, this is not 1871, and everyone in the whole world knows what “gay” means in the context of the title of this book. Basically, I had to use modern terms, which didn’t exist at the time this story was set in. And there were no other terms I could use, at least none I could find out about.

So, there you go. I felt like I needed to be up front about this. The book is about people not being up front, and the confusion that can cause, but I felt like I had to warn you, so to speak. All this will make a lot more sense after you’ve read the book.

Thanks for reading.

Bob

Chapter 1 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.