Snapshot #037 - Wood - Cover

Snapshot #037 - Wood

by Crimson Dragon

Copyright© 2023 by Crimson Dragon

Fiction Story: Snow is falling outside and the hearth is warm and inviting. She settles in to read when the door suddenly opens.

Tags: Fa   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction  

Fluffy virginal snowflakes descended from the heavens, floating like baby down upon a leisurely current. Pristine ivory blanketed pines and trails as far as she could see. She withdrew her fingers from the sill, twisting from the chill projected by the glass, an involuntary shiver seizing her. A cozy warmth emanated from the hearth, fire crackling and spitting as if awake and conscious. A faint scent of woodsmoke tickled her nose.

She wandered to the fireplace and fed another log into the embers, watching fascinated as fire licked at it sensually, the flames rising. Sentient warmth bathed her skin.

Turning from the fire, sterile hardwood morphed to soft faux fur beneath her feet. She settled on the thick rug, her back against the sofa, stretching her toes towards the glow of the flames. She sighed contentedly.

The Riesling was slightly sweet against her lips as she sipped from her glass, watching the flames frolic and tendrils of smoke rising beyond the flue. She gathered a blanket about her, cozy and close against her skin.

Reaching above, she plucked printed pages from the sofa, arranging them in the firelight. She smiled as she read the title: The Odds. She began to read.

She had only read perhaps half of the pages when the door to the chalet opened. The fire danced as arctic air invaded, the paper rippled in her hand. She lowered the pages to lay scattered at her thigh and gazed up, a smile dancing upon her lips. He wore a heavy parka, laden with virginal snow. White flecked his hair, his shoulders, his cheeks. In his arms, he carried a heavy cardboard box. He closed the door with his boot, banishing the cold, smiling warmly as he saw her sitting swaddled on the floor bathed in firelight.

“I’ve got wood,” he announced.

He settled the box of split oak near the fireplace.

With a smirk, she released the blanket from her shoulders, pushing it to her waist. Heat from the fire, heat from the story, heat from the wine, warmed her flushed naked skin. She glowed. She gestured for him with one finger.

“Let’s not waste it,” she grinned mischievously.

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.