From the Journals of Michael Wagner - Cover

From the Journals of Michael Wagner

Copyright© 2023 by Phil Brown

Chapter 38: Increased Range

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 38: Increased Range - In 2011, a fifty-six-year-old man, suffering from depression, puts a gun to his head and pulls the trigger. But instead of dying, he finds himself alive in the body of a sixteen-year-old boy, in 1971. And he soon discovers that whoever did this to him accidently gave him empathic abilities. They also gave him a purpose. A mission to save his world. This then, is his story, taken from his own journals. The amazing story of how he came to change the world.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Magic   Incest   Polygamy/Polyamory   Anal Sex   Exhibitionism   First   Pregnancy   Nudism   Royalty  

Thursday, May 27, 1971

I was awake. It was not light yet, but it would not be dark for much longer. I needed to run this morning, so as soon as there was enough light to see, I took off through the morning mist.

I had decided on the old logging trail this morning. Not for any real reason, just that it was different. I was still trying to figure out last night with Julie, and why I felt the way I did. Not to mention, I was slightly frustrated.

So after passing the western end of the lake, I began to focus on becoming one with the grasslands and forests around me, just like the Old One had taught me. And in doing so, I found myself relaxing.

After a while, I came to a little used trail that branched off towards the ridge that marked the southern boundary of the ranch. I became aware of some sort of animals, a mother and her two young ones, hiding in a small cave some thirty yards off the trail, but I couldn’t spot the entrance. Nor could I tell exactly what kind of animal it was. Only that it sensed me and was wary. I continued on up the trail, losing track of time, as I immersed myself in the beauty and balance of everything around me.

The old track I was following eventually started uphill, and my breathing become labored as I slowed to a jog. Suddenly, I saw smoke in the distance. I kept on jogging, but at a slower pace. As I rounded a bend in the trail, I was brought up short. Spread out before me was the main ranch, bathed in the first light of morning.

I stopped to catch my breath as I admired the stunning view.

“Good. You’re here,” thought the Old One, surprising me. “Let’s get started.”


I sat there looking at the campfire, as I thought back over all the Old One had taught me, when suddenly I could sense Catherine’s worry.

“Holy cow!” I thought. “Can I really sense her from here?”

Tentatively, I tried to connect and suddenly I could feel her worry. It didn’t take any time to scan her and find out what she was worried about. So I mentally tapped her on the shoulder.

“What ‘cha doing?” I asked casually.

“Michael?” she thought back immediately.

“Good morning!” I said cheerfully.

“It’s almost noon! You didn’t show up for breakfast, then no one could find you...” she paused, realizing what must have happened.

“I ran into an old friend,” I told her.

“You mean ... the old man that you saw at Anna’s?” she asked.

“Yeah. I went for my morning run and all of a sudden, there he was, waiting for me,” I told her.

“Where are you now? Are you back?”Catherine asked tentatively.

“Not really. I’m on the southern ridge, looking at this wonderful vista of the ranch. I’m not great at estimating distances, but my best guess would be about five miles or so,” I thought.

“That’s further than you have been able to reach before, isn’t it?” Catherine asked.

“Oh yeah! But I need to experiment with it some now. Excuse me for a minute,” I told her as I began to scan. I was surprised I could detect everyone from here. I even detected Buddy’s emotional signature way off to the west of me. I couldn’t read him, but I felt his presence none-the-less. I excitedly filled Catherine in. She was speaking on the phone in Anna’s room, telling Anna I was in touch with her, so I located Anna myself.

” ... and it’s a big ranch, he could be anywhere. Did he say where?” Anna was asking Catherine.

“He said he could see the ranch, and that it was a beautiful view,” Catherine answered.

“Catherine, we’re gonna have to do something about him wandering off like this. When I called the post command, they just told me to take two aspirin and call them tomorrow,” Anna sounded exasperated.

“I think you should lock him naked in a room with four virgins and a secret agent. That’ll punish him!” I said laughing.

“Michael?” Anna asked.

“Doctor Carter,” I replied formally. She didn’t like my tone. She thought I was making fun of her, and she was super-sensitive about our age gap at the moment.

“Michael, where are you?” she asked exasperatedly.

“Right now, I’m inside the heart of a very beautiful doctor, who is scared she’s falling in love with a sixteen-year-old!” I revealed.

“Oh my...” said Catherine.

“What ... how...?” Anna stumbled. “Oh shit!”

“Doctor!” Catherine giggled.

“I’m sorry, ” said Anna.

“Michael, I think you need to get back here. Can you find your way?” Catherine asked.

“I’ll just follow the path back the way I came. Except this time I’ll turn right at the cave,” I said. “I’m on my way now.”

“Can we keep talking like this? I’m leaving tomorrow, and there’s several things we need to talk about,” Catherine asked.

“Cave? What cave? Michael exactly where are you?” Anna asked.

“Catherine, to answer your question, yes, and add Jeff to our list,” I told her.

“Anna, I am southwest of you, maybe five or six miles, about halfway up the northern face of the southern mountain range. I followed the old logging trail west, and then branched off on a little used, but well-marked trail that seems to head up and over the southern range.” The double conversation reminded me of a conference call, which hadn’t been invented yet. Or maybe I should say a party-line, which were still prevalent in some rural areas.

“Well-marked? There are no southern trails off the old logging trail. I grew up here. I know this ranch like the back of my hand,” Anna was almost ranting. “Michael, stay where you are. I’m coming to get you!” I could hear her yelling to someone to saddle two horses, and bring the S&R (Search & Rescue) kits.

“Anna, sweetheart...” I said soothingly, sharing my calmness with her. “I’ll meet you where the old trail leaves the logging trail. Okay?”

“I ... uh ... okay ... please be careful, Michael. I don’t want you to get hurt,” Anna said.

“I’ll see you in a few minutes, darling. Just don’t get in a rush and hurt yourself,” I told her as I cut our connection. I kept an eye on her though as I turned the rest of my attention to Catherine.

“I’m sorry for the interruption,” I told Catherine. “Where were we?”

“You were, and still are, absolutely incredible!” Catherine said. “I thought I could just get in line behind Jennifer and Randi, but it seems your dance card just got longer.”

“Catherine, you can cut in any time you want,” I said as I shared my adoration for her. “Would you like me to ditch the doctor and come straight there?” I asked.

I could feel the turmoil this question caused, even though we usually teased like this.

“Be serious, Michael. We have several things to discuss,” she finally said. I could sense the resignation in her voice.

“You’re the boss! What’s happening?” I said smiling.

“First, Sarah said you were wonderful last night. She was up early searching for you. She said that in all the excitement she forgot to finish what Julie started. I take it she was going to finish it this morning. Now Julie is upset thinking she made you mad,” Catherine said. I could detect a sly smile.

“This business of helping them is not nearly as easy as I thought it would be!” I said.

“Just wait. It gets better. Jennifer and the twins have also finished their periods, and have been questioning Julie, non-stop. I’m not sure, you’ll have to read them, but I think I detect a little envy in them as well. I mean Julie’s not bragging or anything, but she sure is glowing this morning,” Catherine reported.

“Any advice?” I asked.

“Just to remember your mission,” she said.

“Thanks! You’re a big help! I thought you were going to advise me?” I said teasing only a little.

“I just did. If you’re worried about the girls getting along with each other, don’t! They will work out who gets you first and probably even when. Your mission is to keep them safe and make them happy. I just advised you to remember it,” Catherine said, laughing at me.

“Okay. The girls will handle number one. What’s next on your list?” I asked.

“I spoke with Wally. He spoke to Nancy and Harrison and they want to meet you.”

“When?” I asked.

“As soon as we can set something up. It’s looking like lunch next Friday, the fourth. It means you would have to leave here on Thursday, and spend the night at Seven Oaks. We’ll go into the city on Friday and I’ll show you around a little before the meeting.”

“Seven Oaks?”

“That’s the name of our Estate. When Grandfather Milford bought the estate back in eighteen ninety two, there were seven large oak trees leading to the main house. Over the years, lightning took out one of them and the hurricane of ‘24 took down the biggest one. Liz and I used to climb it when mother wasn’t watching. I was sad to see it go,” Catherine reminisced.

“Will the others be there?” I asked. Catherine knew I was referring to the family members.

“I don’t think so. Although Liz may want to come home with you. She mentioned it earlier but we haven’t discussed it any more. This is not a formal board meeting. More of a casual opportunity to meet the new boss. Although even these can be pretty formal when Nancy is involved,” Catherine said.

“You said you would tell me about Grandfather’s sister...?”

“Your grandfather, Greg, was born in 1912, the youngest of seven. They were a poor family, and the other three boys and two of the girls had all passed on, from various causes. But Nancy, who was born ten years earlier, in 1902, survived. According to her, she and Greg were never close, until he woke up from his coma. Then your grandfather made a special effort to get to know her better. When Nancy’s first husband, Millard, died in World War I, he left her a small farm which Greg talked her into selling and investing the proceeds in Wagner Industries and some other things. Today, Nancy is very wealthy, but she sometimes likes to flaunt it a little too much for my taste. Anyway, for the last several years her health has been declining, and she recently asked the board to consider replacing her with her daughter, Vivian,” Catherine paused.

“I don’t know Vivian very well. She’s older than Sarah and Debbie, and she grew up in upstate New York so our paths never crossed much. She has two children, Robert and Amy. Robert just turned 19 and is at Yale. Amy is the same age as Grace and Natalie. But I haven’t seen them in years. There is a party at Harrison’s on Saturday night, the fifth and I would imagine they will be there. Harrison is Robert’s Godfather,” Catherine supplied. “That reminds me, I need to have your tux dry cleaned for the party.”

“Tux?” I asked.

“Yes. Beauregard’s parties are always formal. And famous for their guest list.”

“Oh great! I adore stuffy parties with all those snobbish people,” I whined like a teenager.

“Come now, Michael. This one is going to be in your honor. Your ‘coming out’, as it were. There are a lot of people who are going to want to meet the wunderkind who is taking the reins at Wagner Industries at the age of sixteen. And by then, the rumors of your financial prowess will have made the rounds,” she said with mirth.

“My financial prowess?” I questioned her.

“You’ve already made the company millions with the information you gave Jeff and John. It will be a well-known rumor by the time of the party,” She laughed. I sensed her hand in this ‘rumor’ but let it go. I’m sure she had her reasons.

I scanned for Anna. She was coming at a fast trot. I figured she would be here shortly.

“Do you anticipate any problems from the three of them? About me taking over the company early?” I asked.

“I don’t really know. I’ll learn more when I meet with Wally on Monday. We’ll see,” Catherine said. “Remember, this is mainly for the sale of the process to the Russians. Everything else should remain status quo.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.