Out of the Sky - Cover

Out of the Sky

by Deenara2000

Copyright© 2022 by Deenara2000

Essay Story: Small town Hit by large Meteor shower.

Tags: Mystery  

“Ladies and Gentlemen, we just want to update you on a continuing story,” the talking head of the news reporter said to his invisible audience. “The rash of meteor impacts, now well into its fifth day, is now believed to have been caused by a black comet. Unlike other comets, this one does not reflect light.

“As it was passing between Mars and the asteroid belt, it has been hypothesized to have pulled several large and small pieces from the belt, or caused them to alter their orbits. This has caused several large collisions. As a result of that original change in orbit, scientists believe the debris is susceptible to the gravity of the black comet, sending them in the direction of Mars. Several telescopes have found evidence of a large number of new impacts. However the cloud of debris not fully grabbed by the gravitation of Mars, has passed into our path. Or to be more correct, we passed into its.

“Scientists cannot give a time as to when this shower will end, because they have observed that our planet’s gravity has collected a large part of the asteroid cloud.

“The governments of the planet have shut down all air traffic for fear of a mid-air collision. They are also asking if you don’t have to be out on the roads to please stay home.

“As of right now there has been some property damage and shaken nerves but so far no injuries or deaths.

“Now on to other related stories. Scientists are worried that the number of asteroid strikes could have an impact on the weather patterns of the planet. Some evidence of this has already been seen, as temperatures have dropped slightly in areas where there have been multiple hits.

“Due to a heavy amount of ground traffic leaving impact areas, the number of auto accidents has gone off the charts. The officials know that with planes not flying, things like food and other necessities have to be shipped by ground. Those men and women are doing the best they can to get you all what you need and want.

“Please, folks, give the big trucks all the space you can, and remember that they cannot stop on a dime if you do something right in front of them. Remember, the more room you give them, the faster they will get their loads to the stores. Again, the officials ask you to please stay off the roads if you can.

“For now, that’s all we have. As more information comes in, we’ll break into the regular broadcasts, to give you all the information on anything that is happening.”

From there, the talking head went on to talk about the education reform bill that someone was trying to push through the current legislation.

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.