Amateur Detectives (#10) - Cover

Amateur Detectives (#10)

Copyright© 2023 by D. Fritz

Chapter 3: A Float Trip

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 3: A Float Trip - Thomas was in his fifties when a time-traveling event restarted his life. Now, two years into his do over, Thomas feels like he is living in a middle-aged rut like his previous life. Denise, his girlfriend and presumed fiance, senses his melancholy. When she finds a flier at school advertising a canoe trip, she suggests a spur-of-the-moment weekend away. Their hastily planned weekend was supposed to be a carefree day in a canoe on the river, but it turned into a much more exciting adventure.

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   DoOver  

The sun was already shining and the temperatures warm when Denise and Thomas left the hotel for Colson’s Marina. They estimated about ten miles for the drive to the marina after studying the map. The advertisement Denise found said the typical float takes about four hours.

“If there are no delays, we’ll be back at the hotel by two o’clock,” said Thomas as he pulled out of the parking lot.

“The ad says we can purchase a lunch at the marina but my guess is that it will be a soggy sandwich. If we’re not too disgusting when we are done let’s find somewhere for lunch on the way back to the hotel,” suggested Denise.

As they drove they scanned the sides of the road for a restaurant that may be a good stopping place for lunch after the float trip. Nothing they saw looked great but there were some that they classified as a possible diamond-in-the-rough.

“OK, take a right here and the marina should be about a half-mile up on your left,” said Denise as she squinted at the map.

Thomas slowed and scanned the left side of the road. In two minutes they came to a cross street. A traditional white church was on the corner with a small cemetery visible in the background.

“We’ve gone too far. It was supposed to be before we got to this crossroad,” said Denise.

Thomas did a u-turn and started to watch the right side of the road. From this direction he saw a small, hand-written sign that said, “Colson’s Marina.” A rough arrow pointed down a gravel drive.

The gravel road was narrow and quickly turned sharply to the right after leaving the main road. A switch-back to the left, followed by a quick decline, removed any possibility of seeing the road.

“Not exactly the easiest place to access, huh?” said Denise warily.

Thomas navigated around a final bend and over a deep pothole when they saw a barely-standing shack at the far end of a cleared area.

“Are we in the right place?” asked Thomas.

Denise’s gaze alternated between the map and the advertisement.

“I think so,” she said. “But I’m really not sure. I expected to see at least one other car.”

Thomas rolled to a stop in front of the building. He pointed. “The sign says Colson’s Marina.”

They got out of the car and looked around before heading to the door. It squeaked loudly when Thomas pulled on the handle. He entered to find no one inside the small one-room structure.

Denise stayed on the porch and called out over the property, “Hello? Anyone here?”

Thomas turned to exit when he saw an opened book on a counter top. He took a step forward and scanned the page. It was a register of the marina’s visitors. He did a double-take as he read the list, then reread it a second time to verify the contents. There were over twenty signatures in the book indicating they were on a float ... today?

“There’s no one here,” said Denise as she entered the room and saw Thomas looking at the ledger.

Thomas flipped a page and continued to read.

“What are you looking at?” Denise asked as she approached to stand next to him and look at the book.

“It’s a guest log. There are about twenty signatures for people that are supposedly here today for a float.”

Denise scrunched her face. “Today? Where are all their cars? And where are the employees?”

Thomas walked behind the counter and found an old mayonnaise jar full of different colors and styles of pens. A second book was on a shelf leaning against the counter wall. He moved it to the counter, opened it, and scanned the contents of the first page. He whistled.

“What?” asked Denise.

Thomas flipped pages at random. He shook his head.

“What?” Denise repeated.

Thomas continued to look at the book another moment before he finally said, “I think this is a front for a money laundering operation.”

Denise looked confused. “But,” she started to say, then it clicked. “Oh, you were a financial guy before. A CPA, right?”

Thomas nodded his head. “Yes, and there is no way these numbers are possible at this place. Plus, the sign-in log that shows a bunch of people for today. It is probably additional ‘evidence’ of customers if they are ever audited.”

Denise said, “So what do we do?”

“We get out of here, right now!”

The two scurried out the door and to the car. Thomas put the car in reverse and hit the gas a bit harder than he wanted. Rocks flew when the tires spun in place. He reduced the pressure on the gas pedal and backed slowly away from the building. He then put the car in drive and pointed it to the gravel pathway back to the main road. Before he exited the small parking lot a man stepped from behind the ramshackle building.

He saw the car moving forward and pulled a gun from his waistband. He leveled his aim at the car but Thomas gave the car more gas and it shot up the narrow drive and around the first turn. The last thing Thomas saw was the man running after them on foot. He kept the car careening upward toward the main road, then put the gas pedal to the floor when on solid pavement.

“Did he have a gun?” asked Denise looking back through the rear window, her eyes wide with equal parts fear and disbelief.

“Oh, man, what are we going to do? Should we go to the cops?”

Thomas stared intently at the road.

“Thomas? What are we going to do?”

He said, “Normally, I would say let’s forget it and just go home.”

“Normally?” asked Denise. “I don’t like the sound of this.”

Thomas tore his eyes from the road and glanced at Denise. “I’ve seen that man before.”

Denise titled her head. “What? How? From your previous life?”

“No, last night. He was the one in the stall. The one Andrea was blowing in the bathroom.”


It was not yet lunchtime and Denise and Thomas were back in their hotel room. Denise insisted they follow her rule and strip when they entered but neither were feeling very amorous. Denise was lying on the bed. Thomas was sitting at a small desk in the corner of the room.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.