Charley and Claire - Cover

Charley and Claire

Copyright© 2022 by tendertouch

Foreword

Romantic Story: Foreword - At twenty-nine Charley has found her little slice of heaven in the beautiful, if somewhat damp, Pacific Northwest. She's out of the closet, has a job she loves, and has neighbors who love — and feed — her. Then her neighbors' granddaughter shows up and upends her calm and predictable life.

Caution: This Romantic Story contains strong sexual content, including Fa/ft   Rape   Romantic   Lesbian   First   Massage   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Geeks  

First, I’d like to thank editor7 and my other editor, who prefers to remain anonymous, for their help getting this right. Any mistakes that remain are mine and mine alone. Please help me to eradicate them by alerting me to any you find!

If you’ve read any of Oyster50’s Smart Girls stories, some of this will look familiar, but it’s definitely not the same. Those stories, particularly Dana, were part of the inspiration for this one, but I wanted to take it in a decidedly different direction.

The other part of the inspiration is the normalization of same-sex relationships that’s happening these days. A Gallup poll recently put the rate of LGBT “Gen Z” adults (born between 1997 and 2003) at greater than 20% nationwide. This story is set in an area with an even larger gay population than the national average. In the area where the story is set, same-sex marriages, while not as common as opposite sex marriages, are unremarkable, which is remarkable in and of itself to me.

Note about the rape code: the rape in question occupies the third paragraph of Chapter 3. It’s not graphic, but if you’d prefer skipping it, go ahead. I tried to remove any description of it, but it didn’t look right, so I just pared the description back as far as I felt I could.

If you’re completely allergic to male/male affection then skip the kiss between the two guys at their wedding in the last chapter. They were good friends for my main characters, though, so I thought they deserved that little bit of screen time.

Pronunciation guide:

Sequim - skwim

Blyn - blin

Elwha - ell wah (so the sound from the front of wash)

Sol Duc - sole duck

A number of the river names have single o’s in them. They’re long, so the sound of the interjection ‘oh’. So: Skokomish - skoh koh mish Dosewallips - doh see wall lips

Quilcene - quill seen

Juan de Fuca - Wahn de Fewkuh

Chapter 1 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.