Eternally & Evermore - Cover

Eternally & Evermore

Copyright© 2022 by Marc Nobbs

Chapter 50

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 50 - Twenty years after promising to love each other "Eternally and Evermore", teenage sweethearts, Amy and Will, are reunited to discover their love burns as strongly as it ever did. But while Will is a successful lawyer, Amy has walked a tougher path. What secrets does she harbour? What ghosts litter her past? And what horrors will they have to endure before they can finally be together "Eternally and Evermore."

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Cheating  

“I wouldn’t say he’s the winner right now, would you?”


The police took statements from Will and Amy separately but, because of her age, Will had to sit in while they spoke with Sophie. They took photos of the damage to the car and Will had to escort them to the lookout point so they could take photographs there too. Then they arranged for a truck to tow the BMW and Land Rover away for closer examination.

“How long before you release our car?” Will asked as it was winched into place behind the truck on whose flatbed the BMW sat. “We’ll need to get it repaired. The other car only has two seats and I have to take my daughter back to her mother in London next week.”

“A day or two, Sir. That’s all.” The police officer’s radio crackled. “Excuse me.” He listened to the message then said into the handset, “Understood. I’ll inform them.”

“What is it?” Will asked.

Amy came to stand beside him. “Any news?”

The office nodded. “The coastguard has pulled a body out of the water by the cliffs.”

“John?” Will said. Amy gasped.

“I would surely hope there’s no one else down there, Sir. I will need one of you to identify the body. Tomorrow morning if possible.”

“I’ll do it,” Amy said. She looked at Will. “My last duty as his wife, I guess.”

“Thank you, Miss. I’ll arrange for someone to collect you around ten o’clock if that’s okay.”

Amy nodded.

“Good. I think we’ve done everything we can for tonight. You both try and get some rest. And look after the young girl. She’s had quite a shock. Goodnight, Sir. Miss.”

Will put his arm around Amy and took her back into the house. Sophie was curled up in her armchair, but jumped up and rushed to hug her father when they entered the room. He held her close and stroked her hair before all three sat on the sofa, Will in the centre, Amy and Sophie hugging him for either side. He turned on the television but none of them was watching. He’d only switched it on to fill the silence.

None of them slept well that night. Sophie woke from a nightmare screaming for her father, and crept into his room to ask if she could sleep with him and Amy. So Will found himself lying awake in the centre of the bed between the two women he loved most.

The next morning, a police car took Amy to the town morgue where she identified John’s body, then took her back to Meadowview cottage where Lizzie had arrived and was waiting in the lounge. Lizzie stayed most of Saturday and returned on Sunday along with Jeremy. Will and Sophie didn’t leave the house all weekend.

Amy didn’t leave again after the police returned her from the morgue.

Will had to go back to the office on Monday, but Amy and Sophie stayed at the cottage. On Tuesday, Sophie accompanied her father to the office while Amy picked up her car from the police and arranged to have it repaired.

That evening, Will and Amy prepared dinner while Sophie watched television in the lounge. Amy was a pretty good cook and really didn’t need Will’s help, but he helped nevertheless, slicing vegetables and dicing meat as she directed. He handed her the chopping board on which he’d sliced some carrots and parsnips.

“How are you holding up?” he asked. “These past few days can’t have been easy.”

She tipped the veg into the pot and stirred the stew. “They haven’t, but I’m doing okay, actually. I’m okay.”

“Have you thought about the practicalities? A funeral? Did he leave a will?”

She nodded. “Funeral is next Monday.” She took in his surprised look. “I arranged it today after picking up the car. It’ll be a small service. His parents are dead—lung cancer took them both just a couple of years apart—so it’ll be just me.”

“You think any of his associates will show up?”

She shook her head. “They wouldn’t risk it, given how he died.”

“And his will?”

“It’s with that firm Alsworth works for. I know he made me executor but I’m not looking forward to dealing with them.”

“You don’t have to. If you’re the executrix then it’s up to you which law firm you ask to handle the administration of the estate.”

She smiled cheekily. “Are you angling for some business, William?”

He smiled back. “I wouldn’t handle it personally—it might be considered a conflict of interests—but I can recommend someone in the head office. She’s very good. Nearly as good as me.”

She nodded. “That might be a good idea. Thanks.” After a pause, she said, “What about you?”

“I’m okay.”

“You nearly went off the edge of the cliff.”

He shrugged. “Shit happens. I’m okay.”

“And Sophie?”

“Now there, I’m not so sure. She’s hardly strung more than two words together since Friday night.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.