Selene - Cover

Selene

Copyright© 2022 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 7

Puberty was particularly difficult. Actually unpleasant. I had Pre Menstrual Syndrome. When nature and hormones mix with a naturally ornery disposition ... PMSDD. (PMS DICTIONARY DEFINITION)(That’s my picture in the book.)

WOW! That was quick. Seems like it was just yesterday that I looked like a long-haired boy. Days ago I was wondering if the ‘girls’ were ever going to blossom. Thirteen to fourteen passed like an enema ... quick, wet and runny. I had classes. I tutored a class. I had ultra-light lessons. I learned to sail. I was pretty good with a kayak. Texas is Texas ... I learned to shoot ... everybody shoots in Texas.

Want to do anything outdoors in Texas? Texas is HUGE ... and if you can’t do it in Texas ... you don’t need it.

But ... more than anything ... I didn’t have a mom. I didn’t have a mom who literally knew everything her ancestors knew. And ... I didn’t know that I knew it too. So ... Summers I just did.

First ... I contacted a local simulator company, SIMFLIGHT and rented time on their training machine. Three Saturdays and they said I was ‘good.’

Then I rented time on a two place aircraft ... time and pilot. Pretty cheap.

The princessapality adopted Brazilian ultralight weight rules... 750 kg or 1,654 pounds.

There is a booming ultralight industry in the ‘pality ... and not just DIY kits. For four times the kit price several builders will build to your specifications.

My real aircraft flight lessons were in a two place Aviat Husky. I wasn’t old enough to fly fly ... but I was old enough to putt around in an ultralight. For 34k I bought an Airdrome DR-1 three quarter scale from a builder.

“I found out I don’t like to fly ... but I love the build,” he said.

I spent a couple of weeks last summer in Pentwater with Surprise, Junior and Two (Two of Seven). I learned about boats ... and built my own.

I brought it with me ... transport by watch ... sit in it and Watch it.

Bud was trying.

By the time the university was open for business ... I could puddle-jump the Robinson trainer solo ... and I had a handle on the patchwork twin engined AH-1J that was the product of the scrap pile that used to be parts.

Bud had the pick of the litter of the derelict Army National Guard Bell AH-1W SuperCobra Gunships stored at the Mueller Airport when it closed. His choice of five articles from the scrap. Three of the five hulks came with the chin mounted M197 electric cannon ... a 20 mm three-barreled electric rotary cannon. The cannon on his Cobra will do everything the Marine Cobra can do ... if there’s a gunner along for the ride, ammunition in the tray, and breechblocks on the gun.

Neat aircraft.

I was impressed by my busy summer.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.