Selene - Cover

Selene

Copyright© 2022 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 6

We haggled ... The Dean was adamant...”No Class,” he insisted.

So ... I asked the Princess about a class.

“A class for dummies?” Junior said. “Why?”

“Don’t let college get in the way of your education,” I quoted.

“What does that mean?”

“Kids away from home ... no longer under the thumb. They’ve spent as much time experiencing life as they have been studying the curriculum.

I know some of these kids can do the work. They just need a kick in the pants ... tutored by a 13 year old is quite the boot in the ass.”

“You know ... I try not to interfere ... What?”

“What what?”

“That look.”

“Lemesee, ‘try not to interfere’. You?” Total indignant sarcasm ... even rolled my eyes and looked down my nose.

Junior had the nerve to look hurt ... and then blushed, “I do,” she said. “Don’t I.” not a question, just the facts.

“Yes,” I said, “You do ... but not like a despot.”

“I’ll go see your Dean in the morning.”

“Good idea,” I said.

“What?”

“Going in the morning, There’s no one there this time of night.”

“Selene, for one so young ... you are a smart ass.”

“Thank you,” I said.

“Thank me? For what?”

“Recognition in my time.” I said, “You know that’s rare ... usually an artist has to die.” I said that as a matter of fact.

“You have taken sarcasm to a whole new level.”

“See ... an art form.” I pondered for a minute. “Breaking new ground ... can I get my Masters?”

Junior looked me straight in the eye, “No ... mastery is proving you know the subject thoroughly. Breaking new ground is a PhD.”

She came back the next morning, “The Dean,” she said, “says no more than eight. Twenty two dollars an hour.” She reached in her belly pack. “The list.”

The class was a success. Eight 3.0’s instead of 8 going home.

I have to do it again next year. It’s in the catalog. A stipend ... I’ll be a grad student. Daddy will be in charge.

EEW.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.