Birth of a Þórsmaður (Thor's Man) - Cover

Birth of a Þórsmaður (Thor's Man)

by Darian Wolfe

Copyright© 2022 by Darian Wolfe

Fantasy Story: Friends gather to celebrate the life of their friend Richard Jordan: Fireman, elder, and mentor. What happened in the fall of 1965 that changed Richard forever? Nobody knew. Before he died, Richard shared the story with a young man he was mentoring. He made him swear to wait until after his death to share it. Now, Sam, the young man, tells about the magick that entered Richard's life. All Norse Words are defined in the story. Dedicated to Þór Óðinsson (Thor)

Caution: This Fantasy Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Tear Jerker   Paranormal   .

Dedicated to Þór Óðinsson
“A gift calls for a gift”

March 12th, 2022

“Why did he have to die?”

Police Detective Mason Williams knelt down in front of his nine year old daughter. “Grandpa Jordan died because there are evil people in the world. He died to protect you and other little girls from people who would take from you and hurt you. You should be proud of him.”

“I am,” Suzy cried, “but I miss him.” She flung her arms around his shoulders and cried into his neck.

Det. Williams hugged his daughter close and said, “I know you do, honey.” He looked around his living room at his closest friends who were also Elders in his congregation.

They gathered together to remember and honour “Grandpa” Richard Jordan. Richard had been not only their friend, but fellow elder. He had started their Hof(1) forty-seven years earlier and had grown it into a small but thriving community.

Richard “Hoss” Jordan spent his entire working life as a fireman. He and his wife Janet were active in civic and community affairs. Known for his generosity, He was always willing to bend an ear or pick up his tools to help those in need.

Janet, his wife of forty seven years, died of cancer six years earlier. The blow had been hard. Richard spent two months in the bottle. He then decided he was embarrassing himself and shaming Janet’s memory. So he stopped. Ever since, Richard intensified his efforts to serve the families of his Hof.

The small children of the congregation called him grandpa. He always had time to play games and listen. Time that working parents had trouble making for them. His own great-grandchildren lived several states away. Richard rarely saw them. His grand-daughter converted to Christianity in college to please her, now, husband Dan. Dan didn’t want them exposed to her family’s “Heathen” ways. He had made Betty come to her grandmother Janet’s funeral alone.

Richard was killed during a mugging four days ago. The elders and a few friends gathered after attending his funeral that afternoon. It was a Christian service because Dan wouldn’t allow his family to come otherwise.

An understanding Baptist pastor had opened his church to accommodate the grief-stricken community. He preached a kind and sensitive sermon that had helped ease their pain. Richard’s family kept to themselves and barely spoke to anyone. They left as soon as the flowers were on the grave.

Mason’s wife, Madge, came over and knelt beside her husband. She rubbed her daughter’s back. “Suzy, will you help me get the snacks for everybody? They’re tuna and mayonnaise sandwiches, grandpa’s favourite.”

Suzy sniffled and asked, “With relish and tomatoes?”

Madge nodded and held out her hand. Suzy took it and the two of them went to the kitchen. Det. Williams stood. When he was sure his daughter was out of earshot, he said, “I have some news. Tyrone Jackson went into emergency surgery for the fourth time today.”

“I hope he dies,” Emma Rodgers spat.

“We all do, Emma,” Larry Crane said.

“I’ll piss in his face during his funeral,” Larry’s wife Missy snarled. “Suzy is not the only one who has cried.”

Larry put his arm around his wife. She leaned into him and rested her head on his shoulder.

“We all feel the same way,” Mason said. “At least, Richard killed the other one and opened up Tyrone before he collapsed.”

“How good a job did he do?” Larry asked.

“Richard carved his face and put one hundred and seventy stitches worth in him.”

“Good for him,” Emma crowed. “That will teach those low life gang-bangers to leave us old folks alone.”

Mason caught sight of his wife and daughter coming back with loaded trays. “Shh...” “Hey Sam, let’s help the ladies with the trays.” When the trays were on the table, Mason busied himself refreshing drinks for everyone.

He lifted his glass. “To Richard Jordan, a gift from the gods that we were unworthy of. Hail Richard, Hail Richard, Hail Richard!”

Everyone, including Suzy, lifted their glass and echoed the call in honor of their fallen friend.

Sam said, “I’m sure he’s enjoying Valholl(2).”

Emma Rodgers said, “Don’t be sure of that. He may have went to Fólkvangr(3). You know Richard, he loved strawberry blondes.”

Suzy giggled, “Grandpa wants to kiss on Freyja?”

Emma grinned and said, “If he’s smart he does and Richard is no fool.”

Everyone laughed.

A look crossed Suzy’s face and she bolted from the room.

“O ... K...,” Larry’s wife, Missy said.

Suzy came back holding a photo. “Can we put Grandpa’s picture on the hearth?”

“Of course, Honey,” Madge said. She led Suzy to the fireplace and lifted her up. “Do you want to put it next to Kenny’s?”

She smiled and nodded.

Everyone stood with quiet respect as Suzy put Richard’s picture on her family’s ancestral hearth(6).

“Good job, tomorrow we’ll tend the hearth and say prayers for grandpa,” Madge said.

Suzy beamed at her mother.

“Who has a good story of Richard to share?” Larry asked.

“I do,” Suzy squealed.

“Tell us about it,” Larry said.

Suzy said, “Last summer, my cat Kenny died. I had him since I was a baby. I was crying and called Grandpa. He talked to me about how animals souls can go to Asgard(4), too. Then he came over and had a funeral with me. He prayed to Hel(5) and everything.”

“That’s wonderful. It helped you feel better didn’t it?” Emma said.

Suzy nodded and said, “I wasn’t so sad anymore.”

“Thank you for sharing, it helps us feel better,” Larry said.

Suzy smiled, happy at the thought that a kid could help grown ups.

“Who else?”

It seemed everyone there had fifty stories to share. Some were happy and others were sad. After a couple of hours, Suzy started to flag so Madge took her to get ready for bed.

After they left, Sam Chedwick spoke, “I had to wait until Suzy went to bed, but I have a story to share.”

OK,” Emma said, “tell us.”

The young college student looked around at everyone and spoke. “Grandpa spent a lot of time with me the last few years. I never had a father and it showed. He spent hours talking with me. Teaching me what it means to be a man. He also taught me tool skills and how to fix things. We even went camping and fishing.”

Sam’s voice cracked then he firmed himself up. “The story I want to tell happened last year. We had been fishing all day and were sitting around the campfire having some beers. You know how every time someone asked how he came to the gods, he’d smile and say you wouldn’t believe me?”

Everyone nodded. One of the biggest mysteries of their Hof was how Richard came to serve the gods.

“He told me,” Sam said. “He made me give my oath to wait after his death to tell it. Because I quote: “I don’t want to hear any shit about it.”

Emma laughed, “That’s Richard, all right.”

“Let’s wait for Madge. she should only be a couple of minutes. If you don’t, she’ll track you down,” Det. Williams said.

OK.”

Madge had no sooner walked into the room when Jessie Mathews said, “She’s here. Dish, dammit. It’s been eating me alive for five years.”

Craig Mathews, her husband who worked as the Hof’s groundskeeper, said, “Give the boy a chance, Jess.”

Sam said, “It started...”


Saturday, Sept. 18th, 1965

“Where am I?”

Marjorie Thomas quit singing and set the hand drum aside. “Good, the fever’s broke. I’m Marjorie Thomas and you’re in my cabin. I found you two days ago. Are you thirsty?” He groaned as she helped him up to drink. “It looks like you have a hairline fracture so you’ll be here for a few weeks. What’s your name?”

“Richard Jordan.”

“Good to meet you, Richard. Why were you wandering around the mountains during a snowstorm?”

“It wasn’t snowing when I got here. I graduated high school a few months ago and decided to spend a few weeks in the woods. My dumb ass got lost. It started snowing then I fell. The next thing I know I’m here. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. I’ll enjoy having the company. Winter’s are lonely around here,” Marjorie said.

“How did you end up out here?” Richard asked.

“I graduated med school and spent a few years as a doctor and decided it wasn’t for me. I preferred a simple life following the faith of my ancestors. So I quit and moved here.”

“So you’re a nun?” Richard asked.

Marjorie laughed. “No, I’m not Christian. It’s the old Norse religion. My grandmother taught it to me.”

“You mean, like Thor?”

“Yes.”

Richard smiled. “My grandma’s baptist. We don’t smoke or chew or run around with those who do.” They laughed.

“I’m sure she loves you. Would you like some rabbit broth? It should taste really good right about now.”

“OK.”


A few hours after he ate, Richard grimaced.

“What’s wrong?” Marjorie said.

“It’s starting to hurt kinda bad.”

“I’m sorry. I used up most of the medicine I have already. We need to save the rest in case it gets really bad. Here, hold my hand. I’ll tell you a story to help you take your mind off of it.”

He tried to listen, but the softness of her voice and the security of her hand lulled him into a peaceful sleep.


“Thank you for last night.”

“You’re welcome. Are you ready for some real food?” Marjorie said.

“You have pizza?”

“No. I have some rabbit stew and homemade bread. If you want pizza the closest one is about ten miles that way.” Marjorie pointed.

Richard rubbed his chin. “Rabbit stew and homemade bread sounds groovy.”

Marjorie dimpled, “I thought so.” She gave him a bowl with a huge chunk of buttered bread. “Tell me about Richard Jordan.”

“Not much to tell, I’m one of four. I graduated in the top quarter of my class and have no idea what I want to do with my life. I refuse to run up a bunch of debt or get caught in a dead end job or relationship. That’s why I was in the woods. I was trying to get my head out of my ass.” He laughed. “We see how well that worked out.”

“It could have been worse. If you hadn’t been in such good shape you would have been dead. What sports did you play in school?” Marjorie said.

“I played baseball and did some weight lifting for fun, nothing spectacular.”

“Nonsense, you learned teamwork, sharpened your hand-eye coordination and strengthened your body. A few days ago, it made the difference between your life and death. It makes a difference in other ways.”

“If you say so,” Richard said.

“Would you tackle someone beating an elderly person?” Marjorie asked.

“Yes,”

“How would you feel if you were one of those scrawny guys who gets sand kicked in their face?”

“Uhh ... I think I would be scared stupid. I might not be able to do anything.”

Marjorie smiled. “Exactly, being strong and confident in your abilities helps you face your fears.”

Richard nodded. “I see what you’re saying.” Not long after eating Richard started to sweat. “Can I rest awhile? I don’t feel so good.”

Marjorie went to him and felt his forehead. “Your fever is coming back. Let me get some medicine.” When she came back she handed him two pills and a glass of water.

After he took the pills, he laid down. Marjorie left the room. She came back with a cool wash cloth and put it on his forehead.

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Try to sleep awhile.”

“OK.”

When he woke, he drank three glasses of water. A few minutes later, he said, “I’ve got a problem.”

“What’s that?” Marjorie asked.

“I need a bathroom.”

“It’s about time. I was starting to worry. You haven’t went since you got here. Which do you have to do?”

“Both,” Richard said.

“That presents a problem. The outhouse is about fifty feet outside the back door. We would never get there without hurting you more.” Marjorie thought a moment, “I have a solution but you’re not going to like it.”

“What’s that?”

“I have a bed pan and a jar.” She shrugged and said, “It’s the best I can do.”

Richard shook his head, “Bummer.” He looked up, “I guess it doesn’t matter. I’ll either shit there or in my pants. I guess it’s there.”

“Do you think that you can manage cleaning yourself?”

Richard moved around a little and said, “I think so.”

Marjorie smiled and said, “Wonderful. I always hated wiping asses.”

Richard laughed, “I’m glad I could be of service.”

Marjorie laughed then went to get the items. When she came back, she gave them to him and said, “I need to check on the chickens. I didn’t have time to give them their feed yesterday. I’ll take about twenty minutes. Think you can handle it?”

“Sure.”

“I’ll see you in a little bit.” She put on her coat and left.

It took Richard almost fifteen minutes to take care of business. When she came back Marjorie took the items out. Five minutes later, he heard her in the kitchen. She walked back into the living room not long after. “There, all taken care of.” She said.

Richard blushed and stammered, “Thank you. I have one hundred dollars. I’ll give it to you.”

She smiled and said, “Thank you for the offer, but I don’t need it. My grandparents left me plenty. If you want to repay me then lead a good life helping others as you can.”

Richard nodded then asked, “Why would you help me. You don’t know me.”

“True, but all life has value. As a healer, it’s what I do.”

“How did you know you wanted to be a doctor?” Richard asked.

“I want some cocoa. Does that sound good?”

“Sure.”

Marjorie went and made two cups. She gave Richard his and sat by the fire place. She stirred her cocoa and stared into the fireplace. After taking a sip, she moaned, “It’s so good.”

She blushed when Richard chuckled. She grinned. “To answer your question, I loved watching my grandmother working with her plants. She could make anything grow. She would sing to them and over sick animals and people and they would get better, usually. I wanted to do that.”

She took another sip then said, “When I got older they told me I had to go to school to keep helping people. So I did. What do you love to do?”

“I don’t know,” Richard said. “That’s the problem. There’s plenty of things I like, but nothing I like enough to commit to. I’m not good enough at ball to go pro. My grades are fine. I guess, I’m smart enough to know I’m nothing special.”

“Don’t ever say anything like that about yourself again.” Marjorie said. “Words have power. Especially, words backed with emotion and belief. You can change a person’s destiny with a word including your own.”

“I don’t think so.” Richard said.

“I’ll make you a bet. I’ll tell you a true story about the power of words. If I win you peel the potatoes and carrots for dinner and if you win I’ll make us a pie for dessert.”

“You’re on,” He said.

“My cousin John was a police officer,” Marjorie said. “One night, he and his rookie partner got called to a house because of a couple arguing. They get there and a man comes out with a gun. The man is so angry that he’s almost out of his mind.”

“John starts talking to the man and is talking him down. The man hadn’t done anything yet, except be loud. My cousin didn’t want to arrest the man. So he tried to work with him.”

“His stupid partner, thought he was god and started giving orders. He was trying to intimidate the man. John told him to shut up, but he refused.”

“He made the man so angry that he started shooting. The rookie died. My cousin took a bullet to his knee that ruined his career. He had to shoot the man, who died at the hospital. Two men dead and another man’s career ended because of words.”

She went silent then looked at Richard.

Richard was quiet for several moments then said, “OK, you win. If you’ll get the potatoes and carrots for me I’ll peel them.”

“Groovy.”

Richard laughed. “So you know, I would have peeled them anyway. I need to pull as much of my weight as I can. If you have other things I can help you with I will.”

“Thank you.” Marjorie gathered their empty cups and took them to the kitchen. She returned with the vegetables in a bowl and a knife. “Here you go. Now that you’re doing better and the weather has eased up. I need to go check my traps.”

“You trap your own food?” Richard said.

“I do if I want to eat. There won’t be much movement because of the winds, but every little bit helps.”

“Did you find my backpack? There was a few days worth in it.”

“You must of lost it before you fell. I’ll go back and look once I’m sure the storm won’t kick back up. I don’t want to risk separation from you for too long until you can hobble around a little. I’ll be back in a hour or so.”

“I’ll be here,” Richard replied.

After dinner that evening, Richard fell asleep early. He opened his eyes a few hours later and almost gasped. Marjorie was by the fire and stripped to the waist. She was washing herself with a bowl of water and a wash cloth. Her milky skinned perfection and the heft of her full breasts entranced him. The sight of her etched into his mind as his cock went hard. His cheeks burned as shame flooded him for betraying the trust of someone who was so kind to him. He forced his eyes shut and pretended to be asleep.

“I know you’re awake. I heard your breathing change.”

“I’m sorry. I wasn’t trying...” Richard started with his eyes squeezed shut.

“Shh ... It’s OK. I thought you were deep enough asleep. This is the only spot warm enough to bathe in. I haven’t had a chance to clean up since you arrived. I couldn’t stand it anymore. Give me a minute and you can open your eyes.”

Richard heard the sound of clothes rustling then “There we go. You can open your eyes.”

She was smiling at him. A new dress replaced the one she had been wearing. “You’re not mad?” he asked.

“Why? Because a young man noticed a half naked woman in the room? Don’t be silly, we’re both adults.” She laughed. “I do prefer my privacy, but I’m not body conscious. Next time, I’ll hang a blanket and not try to sneak around.”

She watched him a moment, then said, “You want to say something. It’s bothering you. Go ahead, I won’t be angry.”

A grill couldn’t burn any hotter than his cheeks. It took a moment to find his voice. He licked his lips then said, “You are so beautiful.”

Marjorie’s smile was a mile wide. A slight blush tinged her cheeks. “Thank you. I haven’t heard that for a long time.”

“What? Why?”

“Not too many men want a strong willed, independent woman who is as smart or smarter than they are. The ones who got past that couldn’t deal with my life choices and religion.”

“I can.”

She smiled with a trace of sadness. “I know you could, but our fates lead in different directions. In a week or two, you have to go back to your life. You have college and great things to do afterwards. I have no place in that world. That’s why I moved here.” They fell silent. Each of them lost in their thoughts.

“Could you tell me why your mantle has a funny boat anchor carved in it?” Richard asked.

Marjorie laughed at his obvious attempt to change the subject then said, “That’s not an anchor. That is Mjolnir, Thor’s hammer. My grandfather built the house that he and grandmother lived in. He put it there when he made the mantle. After they died, the family decided to tear the house down. I had it removed before then and put in storage. I brought it with me.”

“He built his own house? Tell me about him,” Richard said.

“He was a great man. he was in the army for awhile. When he got out he became a deputy sheriff. He believed it was his personal duty to protect the people of his community. Everyone liked him so much that they elected him sheriff. He never lost an election after that. He retired when he figured that he had done all that he could.”

“He met grandmother while he was a deputy. He told me he was smitten the very moment he first saw her. They courted for a year as he built their home. After they married, they had a little girl. My mother. She used to tell me of all the things he did with her. He even had tea parties with her and they played piano together.”

“He used to smoke this big pipe. I loved the smell of it. I always felt so safe when he hugged me and let me sit on his lap.” She giggled and said, “One time, grandmother caught him letting me take a puff on his pipe.” Marjorie laughed harder. “She scorched his ears good. I didn’t even know such words existed.”

“My mother had me out of wedlock because the fellow ran away when he found out about me. I heard some rumours that grandfather disappeared him when he wouldn’t marry mother. I believe them.”

“Why would you believe that?” Richard asked.

Marjorie pointed at the hearth. “The boat anchor. Grandfather put it there because he was Þórsmaður.”

“Excuse me?” Richard said.

“I’m sorry. That’s old Norse. In English it would be Thor’s man. It means he served Asa Thor.”

“Are you Thor’s woman?”

Marjorie smiled at the double entendre and replied, “I am no man’s woman. I serve Eir the goddess of healing.”

Richard nodded and gestured toward the hearth. “I can understand that. What does being Thor’s man have to do with disappearing your father?”

“Leaving a pregnant woman that you promised to marry is an insult to her and her entire family. A Thor’s man would not accept that type of dishonour. Asa Thor has a large heart, but only disgust for the craven and oath breakers. To insult family on top of that is insufferable. Vengeance is a virtue among my people. It is a healing. If there is no vengeance there is no way to wholeness.”

“That’s heavy,” Richard said.

“It is, that’s why honourable men are polite and keep their oaths. Generosity is also a great virtue, especially among leaders.” Marjorie’s gaze pierced him. “Are you an honourable man, Richard Jordan?”

Richard thought a moment then said, “My father is and I do my best to be like him. You’ll have to judge for yourself if I’m succeeding.”

“Humility, I like that.”

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Are you ready to get some more sleep?”

“I think so,” He replied.

During the night, the temperature plummeted to almost arctic levels. The wind rattling the cabin woke Richard. His breath curled like smoke from his mouth. Marjorie sat by the fire wrapped in a blanket and shivering hard.

“Marjorie what’s wrong?”

“I ... I’m cold.”

“Come here. Get under the blankets with me.”

She shook her head.

“Look, I won’t do anything. You’re freezing.”

She shook her head again.

His mind flashed to their earlier talk. Richard said, “I give you my oath that I will do nothing inappropriate. It’s hurting me to see you so cold.”

She turned her face to him. “Your oath?”

Richard nodded and said, “Yes, my oath.”

She got up and rushed over.

Richard turned to his side to make room for her. She dropped the blanket from around her and slid in beside him. He pulled her close and rubbed her back. Her teeth chattered. “My god, you’re an ice cube,” he said.

“C ... c ... old.”

“I know you are an intelligent, independent woman, but don’t ever do this again. If you’re cold get in here,” Richard stated.

“Y ... y ... yes, sir.”

It took almost ten minutes for Marjorie to get warm. “Better?” Richard asked.

“Yes.”

Richard touched the tip of her nose with his forefinger the said, “Good. Go to sleep.”

She smiled and snuggled in. Richard’s dick was so hard he wanted to scream. As he lay there, he knew he wasn’t sleeping anytime soon. Her body was so full and comforting. None of the girls in high school were like this. Marjorie was tall and slim, but so wonderful.

He tried to distract himself. Who souped up my Wheaties? he thought. I can’t believe I spoke that way to a woman almost old enough to be my mother. While not shy with women, he wasn’t known for being THAT firm. He finally drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, he woke before her and laid there watching her. Richard smiled as he contemplated her soft snoring.

After a bit, she stirred and lifted her head from his chest. “Good Morning,” Marjorie said.

He wanted to kiss her, but refrained. She must have saw it in his eyes because she kissed his cheek.

“Thank you for being a man of your word.

“You’re welcome,” he replied with a goofy grin. “Sleep well?”

“I did. I have to get up and put wood on the fire. After that, do you need to go?”

“The jar would be nice,” Richard replied.

“OK, I’ll put the wood on and bring you the jar. While you’re taking care of that, I’ll start breakfast.”

“Sounds like a plan.” He felt sad as she pulled away from him to get up. He was falling for her and there wasn’t anything he could do about it. He watched as she fed and stoked the fire. She took a small shovel and pulled out some ashes and put them in a metal bucket.

Richard laughed when she turned toward him.

“What?” she asked playfully.

He touched his cheek. “You’ve got a smudge right there.”

Marjorie wiped her cheek. “Better?”

“Yeah,”

She fetched the jar and brought it to him. “I have a pair of crutches somewhere. After we eat, I’ll find them and we’ll start you moving about.”

“OK.”

She smiled and went to the kitchen. He took care of business and set the jar aside. Richard could hear her in the kitchen moving things around.

“Are you decent?” she called out a few minutes later.

“No, but I have my clothes on,” he called back.

She laughed then she walked in. “The fire went out in the stove so I’ve got to get something to light the kindling.”

“You have a wood stove?”

“Yes, almost everything I need Jörð provides.”

“Yerth?” Richard asked.

“Not quite, here watch my lips.” She pronounced Jörð with slow exaggerated movements.

He got it on his fourth try.

“That’s it. You got it,” Marjorie said.

“Thank you. What does Jörð mean?”

“Jörð is goddess of the Earth. She’s also Ása Þór’s mother.”

Richard tried hard and it still took him twice to say Ása Þór right.

“Good,” she said. “I have to get back to cooking if we want breakfast.”

“Breakfast is great,” Richard laughed.

Marjorie went to the fire place and rummaged around a small box. She pulled out a twig, lit it in the fire and went back to the kitchen.

Richard kept repeating to himself the words she had taught him. As he did, her grandfather’s carving in the mantle drew his attention.

Breakfast consisted of eggs, homemade sausage and biscuits. “The sausage is good, but it tastes a little different. Cow?” Richard asked.

“No, rabbit. Hogs are way too big and too much work to handle myself. Sometimes, one of the neighbours will trade me some hog meat for herbal remedies.”

“That’s neat.”

“We have a caring community here. It’s much better than city life.” She shivered. “I got to where I couldn’t stand it there. I was dying on the inside.” She looked sad a moment then brightened up. “Are you about finished?”

Richard sopped the last bit of sausage in the egg yolk and popped it into his mouth. “I am now.”

Marjorie stood and gathered their plates and took them to the kitchen. A few minutes later, she went into another room. She came out with a pair of crutches. “Are you ready to walk?”

“Yes, ma’am.”

Marjorie had him sit up and hang his legs over the bed. She steadied him as a brief dizzy spell went through him. “Feeling better?” She asked.

“Yep.”

She handed him the crutches and helped him stand. Once he was steady, she walked him into the kitchen. Richard about shit. There were no modern conveniences at all. Not a fridge, toaster, electric blender. The sink didn’t have spigots. To one side was a red hand pump, like the ones he saw on The Rifleman T.V. show.

“It’s simple, but I like it. Electricity means electric payments,” Marjorie said.

“It’s beautiful,” Richard said.

They went back and forth a few times and then she led him back to the bed.

“That’s enough for now. We’ll do that a few more times today. By tomorrow morning, you should be able to get yourself around the house. Tomorrow night, you get to do dishes.”

Richard put on his most insincere smile. “It will be my pleasure.

She laughed.

He reveled in the music of it. “I’ll help dry the lunch dishes.” Richard said.

Marjorie shook her head a bit, “Tomorrow night is soon enough. You need to work up to it. We’re having stew and sandwiches. If you want, you can make our sandwiches. I’ll bring the fixings in here for you.”

“OK,” Richard said trying to hide his disappointment. He wanted to do something with her.

She grabbed her coat and hat and put them on. “I need to feed the chickens and then check the traps while it’s nice. I’ll be back in about an hour. Do you need anything?” She asked.

“I’m alright.”

“Do NOT get up while I’m gone. I don’t want to pick you up twice.”

“I won’t.”

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.