The Hand Bound - Sam's Adventure Book 1 - Cover

The Hand Bound - Sam's Adventure Book 1

Copyright© 2022 by PT Brainum

Chapter 52

I woke extra early, and went for a run. As I headed up the stairs afterwards, I asked Adam, ‘Why do I stink so bad?’

‘Your body is excreting poisons from your environment when you exercise. I suggest increasing organic foods and drinking filtered water to reduce the toxins you have to expel.’

The shower was quick, and once dressed, I gathered up the stuff I needed for the day. Running into Susie, and seeing what a great place her Mom had, changed some of my plans for the day. I had four boxes in the back of the Prius that I had to deliver to Ms Chambers in Home-Ec before school. I also had arranged for security to carry my cooking knives for me from the car to the school office where they would be held until the competition.

I pulled in early, and was surprised to find Captain standing outside the school. I waved him over, “You are just what I need,” I told him, “Help me carry this stuff in, please.”

“Sure, what is it?”

“Cooking ingredients for the competition after school.”

“Wow, how much are you going to make?”

“I’ve got to bring enough ingredients for us both, plus she wanted ingredients that I didn’t, so there’s enough here for at least four.”

He held the first box, and I set a cold box on top, then stacked up two for myself, shut and locked the car, picking up my two boxes. He followed as we wound thru campus until we reached Home-Ec. Ms Chambers was there to help put things away, and showed me the rest of the kitchen supplies. She also said she would be one of the judges in the competition, and hoped I could cook as good as I could write about food.

I thanked Captain for his help, and went to the office to get a security officer to assist with the knives. It took some explaining, and finally I had to get the vice principal to confirm it had been arranged, before he would accompany me to the parking lot. I handed over my package of knives, and retrieved my school bag. Then had to endure a search of my school bag just to ensure I wasn’t hiding anything.

“This security assistance is not just because knives are sharp, officer. These professional chef knives are worth several thousand dollars.”

Officer dick breath just snorted in response, as he eyed me, and my car, looking like he wanted an excuse to search either. Finally he just grabbed the package of knives, and stormed back to his office.

It was hard to concentrate on classes as everyone was wanting to talk about the competition. Susie had grown up here, so everybody knew her, and thought that challenging her to put up or shut up was a brilliant solution. They also warned me that she had been cooking at her Mom’s restaurant since she was a little kid.

After the final bell, I ducked into the bathroom. It gave me a chance to empty my bladder, and to stick my school bag into a pocket universe, and pull out a gym bag with my cooking clothes.

Bag in hand I went to the office to collect my knives. The vice principal was standing there with them. “There you are, I’ll be walking you over, as well as to your car after the competition,” he said the moment he saw me.

“Thank you sir, will you be judging as well?” I asked.

“Yes, Myself, Ms Chambers, and Mizz Kennedy will be judging the competition. I’ll just be dropping you off for now, I’ve work to care for, but I’ll be back when it’s serving time,” he said, holding my knives, he took the lead in a brisk walk towards the Home-Ec building.

“Sir, do you mind if I drop into the locker room to change into my chef clothes?”

“I’m in a hurry, so I’ll leave these with Ms Chambers, but go ahead.”

The locker room was much better ventilated than the bathroom, and I made a quick change. I gave myself a brief admiring glance in the mirror before I headed to the Home-Ec room, with a bag over my shoulder. I looked good, the new chef jacket Adam found fit my new larger and leaner shape.

“Oh my!” Ms Chambers said as I entered, “You do look very nice.”

“Thank you Ms Chambers. Where will I be cooking?”

“We’ve arranged your station here, the divider is between the two of you, but I’ll be able to watch both places from the judges table.”

Angie bounced into the room, “Oh good you are here. I’ll go get Susie.”

“Wait!” I shouted after her.

She paused, and I tossed her my duffel, “That’s for Susie, so we can keep it professional.”

She caught it, and moved out the door in a fluid motion that was almost a dance. It was no surprise that she was the head cheerleader.

I got my area set up, pans, knives, bowls. I planned to leave the first pick of ingredients to Susie. Susie came in, being dragged by Angie and Heather, who each was pulling her by an arm. She had a piece of paper in her hand, and her eyes were red.

She suddenly looked up, met my eyes, and charged into me, wrapping me in a hug, “I’m sorry, I’ve been such a bitch.”

I looked down at her, and when the hug loosened, I pulled her away from me so I could look at her. “Apology accepted, but we are still doing this challenge because we are professionals, right?’

She looked up at me, a grin on her face, “I’m a professional!”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.