The Hand Bound - Sam's Adventure Book 1 - Cover

The Hand Bound - Sam's Adventure Book 1

Copyright© 2022 by PT Brainum

Chapter 41

“Welcome to the Savoy, how may I assist you?”

“I’m Sam Atwood, I should have a reservation.”

“Yes Mr Atwood, If you would swipe the card you made reservations with?”

I swiped it, and it beeped. I frowned down at it, but the woman behind the counter gave me a terrific smile, “Excellent Mr Atwood. We have you down for the Luxury King River View.”

“Yes, thank you. I’m here as my birthday present, I’ve got a Masterclass scheduled at 10 with Gordon Ramsay’s restaurant, the Heddon Street Kitchen, I’m hoping to freshen up first.”

“Certainly sir. Will you be needing transportation to your class?”

“That would be lovely, I’m thinking I’ll walk back, Google said it’s only a mile, and it looks to be a beautiful day to enjoy the scenery.”

“It should be a simply wonderful day,” she agreed, “Shall I call your room when it’s time?”

“Is the dining room open? I really could use breakfast after I wash the airplane off.”

“Room service is available 7am to 10pm, The Grill opens at 7am for breakfast and serves all day, The River opens at noon for lunch and dinner service.”

“Thank you. I might choose room service, I’ll let you know if I end up in the restaurant so you can page me there.”

“Excellent Mr Atwood,” she said, then looked to the side, “Karl, can you take Mr Atwood’s bags?”

I pulled out a handful of gold coins, and set them on the counter. “I’m sorry, but I don’t have any local currency. Can you arrange change for me, so I can properly tip?”

Her eyes went wide at the collection of twenty or so gold coins I dropped on the counter. I picked up the smallest, a 20th oz coin, and tossed it to Karl, who snatched it out of the air, with a smile.

“Your lucky day, Karl. That’s worth about 80 US, not sure what that is here.”

He tipped his hat, and led me away. I left the other coins, a collection of tenth oz gold copies of various national coins that Adam had manufactured from a gold bar, with the nice lady at the counter.

The room was large, luxurious, and understated, with an incredible view. ‘What the hell is that?’ I asked Adam while staring across the river.

‘It’s called the London Eye, it’s a world famous Ferris Wheel built to celebrate the new millennium and London hosting the Olympics in 2000.’

‘Is it fun?’

‘It has generally positive reviews.’

‘I’m thinking I could stay here a week, or even a year and not get to experience everything.’

‘Too long, and you would obviously age overnight to everyone on your return.’

‘Right, so shower to get the sweat off me from that scary universe traveling bubble, and the terrifying leap into interstellar space. Then new clothes. Something sharp that will blend in at the Masterclass.’

‘You also need a shave, shall I do that for you again?’

‘Sure, now let’s see if it’s left hot, right cold here in Merry Old England.’

The bathroom had an impressive marble walled soaking tub, and an all glass enclosed shower. The shower was as expected, and the water was refreshing. My soap from home came straight from my junk drawer. Adam slid across my face, removing hair with a laser, and reducing my need to shave.

The sink, when I went to brush my teeth, was a deep green marble, and not nearly as confusing as one of the airport bathroom sinks with its two faucets. I brushed my teeth, and stepped out with a towel around my waist.

I noticed for the first time that the TV had my name on it, welcoming me to the Savoy. Adam connected to the TV, and displayed clothing in my size, that I reached in and retrieved, dressing myself in some nice pants, a button down shirt, a wide leather belt, and a black leather jacket. I plucked my wallet from it’s pocket storage, and stored it in my pocket.

I skipped the leather loafers for the sneakers I already had. I thought I looked sharp. There was a brief knock on the door, and I answered to find the girl from the desk.

“Mr Atwood, here is the change you requested.”

“Thank you,” I took the stack of bills, and noticed her name tag, “I appreciate this Shelly.”

“You are very welcome sir.”

“I’ll be here about a week, I think. Are there tour guides available? I’m interested in seeing the best London has to offer while I’m here.”

“I’m sure something can be arranged, sir.”

“Please, call me Sam.” I said, giving her my most charming smile.

“Certainly Sam, have you decided on breakfast?”

Adam whispered to me, so I relaxed, “I was thinking of eating in the room, but I heard about the chefs table at The Grill, is that an option?”

“I can find out, do you mind if I step in?”

“Please do,” I invited.

She stepped in, and went to the phone, where she dialed a couple numbers. “I have a guest who would like the chefs table for breakfast, is it occupied? Would you mind a single? Excellent, I’ll bring him right down.”

She turned to me with a big smile, “They can take you immediately, if you’d like me to escort you down?”

The cash was already in my pocket storage, so my hands were free, I crooked my elbow, and offered it to her, “Would you care to join me for breakfast Shelly?”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.