The Hand Bound - Sam's Adventure Book 1 - Cover

The Hand Bound - Sam's Adventure Book 1

Copyright© 2022 by PT Brainum

Chapter 27

I moaned as I took another bite.

‘You weren’t this noisy when you first discov,’ Adam began.

“That’s enough of that, Adam,” I interrupted, “It’s just so good!”

I took another bite, and moaned again. The whole thing had gone like clockwork. Adam heated the pan, I added the butter, and then added the steak. He beeped Alexa at each stage. I flipped it with my new gloves. He beeped one last time, and I pulled the heated dinner plate from the top rack, and set the steak on it. I’m so glad I snapped a photo of it before I started eating it.

“So good. So much better than that pizza.”

‘Want to try again at a different level of doneness?’

“No, it’s too much meat just for lunch. I also don’t think this could be improved.”

‘So, We will need a bigger pan to do a giant rib eye.’

“Nah, I don’t want anything this amazing going to waste. Let’s just do a normal sized rib eye.”

Adam put up a picture, and I took a snapshot of it. A few moments later I was putting plastic wrap over the steaks so I could put them in the fridge.

I washed the plate I had used, the gloves, and the stainless steel tongs, so everything would be ready for tonight. From the upstairs bathroom I heard the Mr Meeseeks say he was “All done!” and poof out of existence.

I reached into the stove, and Adam slid up my arm and under my shirt. I hadn’t retrieved him while I was eating, which is why I think he was being so annoying. It’s also why I left him in there while doing the dishes.

“I’ve gotten a lot done today. Shopping, laundry, cleaned the bathroom, changed the sheets, I think I’m ready for a nap.”

‘That could be the bond relaxing after the initial connection is complete,’ Adam advised.

“I think I’ll go take a nap, I feel like I’m going to fall asleep just standing here,” I told him as I portaled to the bedroom, and dropped onto the bed. I almost didn’t make it.

From a great distance I heard my name. It didn’t matter though, because it was too far off.

‘Sam!’ shouted in my ear was much too close.

“I give at the office,” I mumbled.

‘Your Dad is home, and looking for you!’

“Who?”

“Hey there, bud, taking a nap in your sneakers?” came Dad’s voice from my bedroom door.

I raised my head, as I was face down on the bed, still fully dressed. “Busy day, needed a nap before making dinner.”

‘What time is it, Adam?’

‘Four sixteen.’

“I saw, looks like you’ve been cleaning all day,” Dad said.

“Dinner at about 5, baked potatoes will take the longest,” I mumbled as I turned onto my side. I wondered at the strong light coming from the window, and turned my head back to the mattress.

“You don’t look so great,” Dad said, concerned. He stepped into the room, and placed a rough skinned hand on my head.

“You feel like you might have a fever.”

“I just got tired all of a sudden.”

“Stay there, I’m going to get a thermometer.”

Complying was easy. I had just enough strength to flip over onto my back, when Dad swiped the thermometer over my head.

“99.9, I think you might just stay in bed, and skip dinner tonight.”

“Yeah, ok,” I said as my eyes closed again.

I woke up again to darkness. The clock on the dresser said 3:58. My shoes were gone, and I was under a blanket. I pushed the blanket off, and stumbled into the bathroom. After I washed my hands, I opened the door to find Dad standing there. He waved the thermometer over my forehead.

“Your temp is back to normal. Do you need water, are you hungry?”

“I’m thirsty.”

“I’ll grab you a bottle of water, do you think you can go back to sleep.”

“I’m sure of it.”

He moved away, and I crossed into the bedroom, pulling off my clothes, and climbing into bed. Dad came back, and handed me an opened bottle of water. The cool unrefrigerated water was perfect in my dry parched mouth.

I handed it back to him, “Thanks Dad, I’ll see you in a couple hours when it’s time to go to school.”

I closed my eyes again, and drifted back to sleep.

I woke again, much later. The room was light despite the thick curtain. I looked at my Alexa ball on the dresser, but it was dark. ‘What time is it?’

‘10:48 am, Tuesday September 7th.’

‘Did my Dad go to work?’

‘He did, and he wasn’t happy about it. Your Aunt Joan is downstairs ready to take care of you.’

‘I’m feeling much better, what happened?’

‘Your body is dumping toxins and rebuilding itself stronger and healthier.’

‘What? Why?’

‘You’ve got about 45 seconds to get to the toilet.’

I felt the sudden gurgle deep inside. I threw off the covers, and raced across the hall. I made it just in time to believe I was dying. Or had died, and was expelling the dead parts of me. I’d never needed to give myself courtesy flushes before.

I was in just t-shirt and underwear, both sweat soaked, so I pulled them off, and went straight into the shower afterwards. By the time I felt clean again, the vent fan had removed most of the odor. Peppermint toothpaste cut thru the gunk in my mouth, it’s a wonderful invention. With a towel wrapped around my waist, I crossed the hall, and locked the door behind me.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.